Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:14:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199428 times)
Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:54:08 PM

No, go with a Wall-wart DC-Adapter. These 100Gh units are not intended for hardcore miners with real setups. I think most of the users want to have them in their offices or other parts of the home and do not want a big ugly power supply and bundle of wires associated with PCIe power. Much neater packaging to go with DC converter power supply. I like the nice enclosed box.

But in addition to specifying X-Box power adapter, please specify what the required plug is and volts/amps so we can look for alternatives.

I assume it has USB interface to computer?

Also Rockxsie, I think you mean "Mining For Everyone" rather than "Mining Everyone"

I am excited, I would like to get one of these.
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:51:13 AM

Update

For promoting "Mining Everyone Plan" and substituting suitable miners of RBOX,NEW RBOX is coming now.
First batch production of NEW RBOX will be done this month.

That's NEW RBOX looks!!

quiet, stable, convenient  as RBOX!!!

Question:
1. power connection interface, 6PIN PCI-E like R4-BOX or DC like Microsoft XBOX ?
2.do you want NEW RBOX packaged as RBOX, white cage, shrink plastic?
3. what's price do you prefer?
Nice!  Recommend making both power options available and including a pci-e 6pin adapter.  Your packaging was pretty cool...almost odidn't want to open it up for I was afraid to damage the box.  Hint:  save money on the packaging we just need it packaged safely, it's whats on the inside that counts.  Same starting price point would sell thousands.
rockxie (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:48:14 AM

Question:
1. power connection interface, 6PIN PCI-E like R4-BOX or DC like Microsoft XBOX ?

1. Go for 6PIN PCI-E connection. People have PSUs around and it's easier to get a discount/rebate for a regular PSU than to pay full price for a DC adapter.

OK, one preferred 6 PIN PCI-E now!!

What's the expected power usage? If it's around 100W I would be AGAINST PCI-E. Regular PSU would be an overkill for a hobbyist trying to run one or two of these boxes, and if you run 3-4 or more you're better off with an R3/R4 anyway.

Or maybe you can do both options? 12V DC either way, shouldn't be too complicated?

Power consumption should be 110-120W, doing both options is simple to use but will add cost and the interface to withstand 10A is not easy to find. We'll try our best!!!!!
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:58:57 AM

Question:

1. Go for 6PIN PCI-E connection. People have PSUs around and it's easier to get a discount/rebate for a regular PSU than to pay full price for a DC adapter.

OK, one preferred 6 PIN PCI-E now!!

I like 6 PIN PCI-E too Smiley
Everyone has those and they are easy to find new uses for...
Also white box like old rbox is very cool and customers love it!

Thanks, looks like 6 PIN PCIE-E is prerequisite,:)
We'll make NEW RBOX package cool again!!!!
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:12:30 AM

No, go with a Wall-wart DC-Adapter. These 100Gh units are not intended for hardcore miners with real setups. I think most of the users want to have them in their offices or other parts of the home and do not want a big ugly power supply and bundle of wires associated with PCIe power. Much neater packaging to go with DC converter power supply. I like the nice enclosed box.

But in addition to specifying X-Box power adapter, please specify what the required plug is and volts/amps so we can look for alternatives.

Also Rockxsie, I think you mean "Mining For Everyone" rather than "Mining Everyone"

this is the XBOX adapter:

Thanks for your support, will update in this thread!!!
raffaellosanzio

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Raffaello Sanzio

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 04:04:37 PM

Hello,

I have a question, probably is not the right section but i want to give attention to my problem.

The rockminer Rbox software V1.2.1  is it compatible with the new PI (raspberry pi b+)?
(I think many people will ask you this cause now the B model is not yet in production but if you buy directly from element14 they have only the B+ model).

I build the image on a 16gb Micro SD but it doesn't work, the Pi stand in the red light (power indicator) and doesn't run.
If I put the same Micro SD whit an adaptor in a Raspberry Pi B its works, so I build correctly the image...

What i have to do?

Thank you.  Smiley

P.s.

Also others of your raspberry software for other machines have the same problem?

CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:30:07 PM

Perhaps a good middle ground would be to find someone that mass produces xbox to 6 pin pcie adapters and include it with the package.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:44:22 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 07:11:28 PM by mstrongbow

Perhaps a good middle ground would be to find someone that mass produces xbox to 6 pin pcie adapters and include it with the package.

This ^^^ is a great idea! I was thinking the same thing right before I crashed out last night

Hello,

I have a question, probably is not the right section but i want to give attention to my problem.

The rockminer Rbox software V1.2.1  is it compatible with the new PI (raspberry pi b+)?
(I think many people will ask you this cause now the B model is not yet in production but if you buy directly from element14 they have only the B+ model).

I build the image on a 16gb Micro SD but it doesn't work, the Pi stand in the red light (power indicator) and doesn't run.
If I put the same Micro SD whit an adaptor in a Raspberry Pi B its works, so I build correctly the image...

What i have to do?

Thank you.  Smiley

P.s.

Also others of your raspberry software for other machines have the same problem?

I have yet to test my RK-Box or my BTCGarden miners with my R-Pi B+ model. I will make an attempt once my new miner arrives next Tuesday. I did read somewhere that there was issues with the B+ for controlling miners, not sure what exactly I heard but yeah.

Keep us updated and I will do the same.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:39:56 AM

Hello,

The rockminer Rbox software V1.2.1  is it compatible with the new PI (raspberry pi b+)?

What i have to do?

Thank you.  Smiley

P.s.

yes,our RPI should be B not B+;
Thanks for your remind!!!
Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:17:02 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2014, 09:04:39 PM by Billbags

Those Xbox power supplies get loud and are not that reliable. Check reviews on Amazon.

Edit: I've been informed the genuine power supply bought from Microsoft can be dependable if bought from them. It seems the ones from 3rd party sellers(ie...Amazon/EBay) are B grade and either come DOA or problematic.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 10:44:54 PM

Those Xbox power supplies get loud and are not that reliable. Check reviews on Amazon.

Edit: I've been informed the genuine power supply bought from Microsoft can be dependable if bought from them. It seems the ones from 3rd party sellers(ie...Amazon/EBay) are B grade and either come DOA or problematic.

microsoft stuff can be expensive...
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:01:01 PM

ROCKMINER and Rockxie,

ASICMiner and Friedcat have announced that they are going to be selling their own miner per the Saloon that AM hosted.

1. Can you comment on how the company plans to succeed if you have to compete directly with ASICMiner.

2. Is Rockxie still the person in charge of China/Asia ASICMiner selling?  If so, does this create a conflict of interest with AM and ROCK?

Billbags

Activity: 280

Brainwashed this way

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:59:55 PM

Is rockminer still going to manufacture the original r-Box? Ive been using them to offset the difficulty increases with my rigs.

Listen: meat beat manifesto ~ Edge of no control (pt.1)
Read:"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." ~ George Orwell
Think: http://unenumerated.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-dawn-of-trustworthy-computing.html
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:38:50 PM

Is rockminer still going to manufacture the original r-Box? Ive been using them to offset the difficulty increases with my rigs.

No, they are moving to produce the new r-box (100gh) machine instead.
Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:36:49 PM

microsoft stuff can be expensive...
I did some research and it seems only the genuine Xbox Slim power adapter would be worth buying, but it is $45 or more. However, it does appear that if you get an Xbox 360 power adapter for around $16 and buy the $4 adapter you have a more economical solution.
zyberguy

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:02:29 PM

Question:

1.I prefer 6Pin PCI-E
2.If the new R-Box Case is strong enough, the package can be a styrofoam in cardbox case
3.I think you have choose the price, cause it show 188 mBTC in your webshop
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:57:34 PM

Question:

1.I prefer 6Pin PCI-E
2.If the new R-Box Case is strong enough, the package can be a styrofoam in cardbox case
3.I think you have choose the price, cause it show 188 mBTC in your webshop

+1 to PCI-E
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:21:15 AM

ROCKMINER and Rockxie,

ASICMiner and Friedcat have announced that they are going to be selling their own miner per the Saloon that AM hosted.

1. Can you comment on how the company plans to succeed if you have to compete directly with ASICMiner.

2. Is Rockxie still the person in charge of China/Asia ASICMiner selling?  If so, does this create a conflict of interest with AM and ROCK?

Chris

1.we are going to cooperate with ASICMINER, we ordered chips from them and produce miners ourselves not means we are only the competitor relation, we can cooperate too.
2.we are focusing on ROCKMINER products currently,it's hard to say whether will continue selling in future for things changing quickly in BTC industry.
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:53:36 AM

Thanks for your proposal,we decided:

1. 6 PIN PCI-E for PSU ,we suggest you use ATX PSU which can buy from Amazon or Ebay very conveniently;
2. NEW RBOX is aimed to cool,small, interesting ,quiet and stable,price will be suitable.

3. Batch production is working good now, PCB boards sent to assemble factory already.
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:36:25 AM

ROCKMINER T1 base on ASICMINER'S TUBE open source design.

Hashrate:800~900Ghash/s

Power consumption:1000KW

We changed the design,adding 3 more fans to this design,so that the heat will be dealed more efficiently.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: