Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:45:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199428 times)
heybabit

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:43:38 AM

Forgive the noob question, but I'm not sure after looking a bit at the website, T1 handbook and some of the things said here.

If I order 1 T1 from the website, what else do I need to mine? It looks like it does not come with a BE controller (unless I order 4 T1s) and there doesn't seem to be a place to order it. Is this correct? If so, how do I order a BE so I can mine?

Thanks!

Rockminer also sell the BE controller so you can contact them to get one for sure.

Thanks for the info. It would be nice if there was an option to order it directly from the site.

Thanks again.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 06:53:39 PM

Dogie's comprehensive Rockminer New R-Box setup guide in super HD!

Sakarias-Corporation

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 07:12:20 PM

i wanna buy but there's something wrong Sad i got no address to pay to, i haven't got a mail when i signed up, even tho i requested a new one 5 times.

rockxie (OP)

Activity: 284
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:45:31 AM

i wanna buy but there's something wrong Sad i got no address to pay to, i haven't got a mail when i signed up, even tho i requested a new one 5 times.

check your user center menu,click MyMenu you can see the order.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:57:09 AM

Financial report and dividends for september?

check your user center menu,click MyMenu you can see the order.
urtan

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:46:42 PM

hello
I search the rockminer R4 raspberry pi image .
thanks you for your help
TheOutride

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:37:07 AM

Would it really be profitable to use the rockminer's T1? Consuming 1000 watts per unit, and add on that you need your own PSU, lets say with about $0.095 per kwh, It would consume $0.095 per hour, right? And makes about $0.21 (current market value) USD if turned from BTC.... I can make a $0.115 profit from using the miner. to find out days, let's multiply these factors by 24 (to find out 24 hours in a day)
$0.21*24 = $5.04 produced
$0.095*24 = $2.28 cost for power
and the total profit (produced - cost for power)
$0.115*24 = $2.765
Now the price of a rocketminer (going to use zoomhash for this if you would like to check) is about $350, plus a power supply unit, (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182188) would be $130, plus or minus $15 depending on the unit. So,
350 + 130 = $480.
To figure out how many hours you'd have to mine let's divide the hourly profit from the total price of hardware.
$480 / $0.115 = 4173.91304 hours.
So, 4173.913 hours to make an ROI at current market price. to find days,
4173.913/24 = 173.913042 days, or 174 days to make your Return of investment (how much you paid to begin with)

... Is this even viable.. making $2.765 dollars a day per miner...?

Then the question arises.. If it's so profitable to mine, why don't companies that make the ASICS use it themselves?

Anyone willing to answer, share thoughts or comments is truly welcome because I was looking into purchasing 3 Rockminer T1's.. But after the math...

Also - what about heat? How much heat is produced per unit? Even with fans, heat has to go somewhere.. That somewhere being the room the miners are in. So about how much is produced if anyone has had or has one I'd appreciate it.

*NOTE: THIS IS NOT IN ANYWAY 100% ACCURATE, PRICE OF BTC CHANGES CONSTANTLY AND IS SOMETIMES NOT PREDICTABLE.
**NOTE: I used Coinwarz.com to find out this information at an OVERCLOCKED miner which has a hash of 900gh/s MAX.. but the hourly mined would be $0.19, and the profit would be about $0.95 (US AVERAGE FOR SOUTHEAST RESIDENCE) if you had it at the stable clock of 800gh/s.
***NOTE: Price of powering the units may change according to your location.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:57:51 AM

Would it really be profitable to use the rockminer's T1? Consuming 1000 watts per unit, and add on that you need your own PSU, lets say with about $0.095 per kwh, It would consume $0.095 per hour, right? And makes about $0.21 (current market value) USD if turned from BTC.... I can make a $0.115 profit from using the miner. to find out days, let's multiply these factors by 24 (to find out 24 hours in a day)
$0.21*24 = $5.04 produced
$0.095*24 = $2.28 cost for power
and the total profit (produced - cost for power)
$0.115*24 = $2.765
Now the price of a rocketminer (going to use zoomhash for this if you would like to check) is about $350, plus a power supply unit, (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182188) would be $130, plus or minus $15 depending on the unit. So,
350 + 130 = $480.
To figure out how many hours you'd have to mine let's divide the hourly profit from the total price of hardware.
$480 / $0.115 = 4173.91304 hours.
So, 4173.913 hours to make an ROI at current market price. to find days,
4173.913/24 = 173.913042 days, or 174 days to make your Return of investment (how much you paid to begin with)

... Is this even viable.. making $2.765 dollars a day per miner...?

Then the question arises.. If it's so profitable to mine, why don't companies that make the ASICS use it themselves?

Anyone willing to answer, share thoughts or comments is truly welcome because I was looking into purchasing 3 Rockminer T1's.. But after the math...

Also - what about heat? How much heat is produced per unit? Even with fans, heat has to go somewhere.. That somewhere being the room the miners are in. So about how much is produced if anyone has had or has one I'd appreciate it.

*NOTE: THIS IS NOT IN ANYWAY 100% ACCURATE, PRICE OF BTC CHANGES CONSTANTLY AND IS SOMETIMES NOT PREDICTABLE.
**NOTE: I used Coinwarz.com to find out this information at an OVERCLOCKED miner which has a hash of 900gh/s MAX.. but the hourly mined would be $0.19, and the profit would be about $0.95 (US AVERAGE FOR SOUTHEAST RESIDENCE) if you had it at the stable clock of 800gh/s.

Good analysis and calculations.  The ROI, however, changes when difficulty changes.  Every 14 days (maybe less if difficulty increases).

If it's so profitable to mine, why don't companies that make the ASICS use it themselves?

They do.  AM started off self mining in 2013.  Rockminer also has a small farm as well.

If a company can sell a miner for S dollars/euro/bitcoin or they can make M dollars/euro/bitcoin for self mining. 

Whichever is great M or S is what they do.  Since companies are selling miners, the company believes that S>M in this case.
TheOutride

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:32:16 AM

Would it really be profitable to use the rockminer's T1?
. . . . . . . . .

Good analysis and calculations.  The ROI, however, changes when difficulty changes.  Every 14 days (maybe less if difficulty increases).

If it's so profitable to mine, why don't companies that make the ASICS use it themselves?

They do.  AM started off self mining in 2013.  Rockminer also has a small farm as well.

If a company can sell a miner for S dollars/euro/bitcoin or they can make M dollars/euro/bitcoin for self mining. 

Whichever is great M or S is what they do.  Since companies are selling miners, the company believes that S>M in this case.

Thank you, I did what I could with what I had. I just did some quick mathematics to find out what it would be worth/like. But the case is, the Rockminer T1's give the highest Mh/s per USD than any other miner out there. But it's in great part due to its high-needed power requirements.
More math time.

For the total investment was stated earlier of $480, you can purchase 1. Right? So lets say we get 3 of these puppies and haul ~2.7Th/s (or 2,700Gh/s) Overclocked, at a price of about $1450. (Add shipping depending on your needs)

Now, we need to figure out how much ~2.7Th/s (using the ~ (about) sign because variables play a lot, so I'll use the max safe overclock)
With an hourly rate of $0.63. For daily mined it would be:
$0.63*24 = $+15.12
Now the power consumption also triples, because instead of 1000w, we'll need 3000w, and using the same rate of $0.095 per hour per unit. So:
$0.095 * 3 = $0.285 per HOUR that the miners run.
And to figure out the daily,
$0.285 * 24 = $-6.84 per day.
So adding them up, daily you'll get a profit of :
15.12-6.84 = +$8.28 daily.

As for paying off and getting your ROI, it would be about the same as if you had one because your total invested went up, but so did your mining power and they did so proportionally. but lets do the math for it using the profit.
$1450/$8.28 = 175.12 So about the same days, or a little over 6 months. Now the same notes apply as my first math post. But the questions arises.. Is it worth it?
as Chris_Sabian stated, the companies sell them or use them depending on the outlook of profits.. So, as he said if profits for Selling > Self-Mining, how is that supposed to make us costumers feel better about going about and purchasing such products if these companies felt it didn't provide as big a profit..
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:43:44 AM

. . . . . . . . .

Thank you, I did what I could with what I had. I just did some quick mathematics to find out what it would be worth/like. But the case is, the Rockminer T1's give the highest Mh/s per USD than any other miner out there. But it's in great part due to its high-needed power requirements.
More math time.

For the total investment was stated earlier of $480, you can purchase 1. Right? So lets say we get 3 of these puppies and haul ~2.7Th/s (or 2,700Gh/s) Overclocked, at a price of about $1450. (Add shipping depending on your needs)

Now, we need to figure out how much ~2.7Th/s (using the ~ (about) sign because variables play a lot, so I'll use the max safe overclock)
$0.63*24 = $+15.12
Now the power consumption also triples, because instead of 1000w, we'll need 3000w, and using the same rate of $0.095 per hour per unit. So:

As for paying off and getting your ROI, it would be about the same as if you had one because your total invested went up, but so did your mining power and they did so proportionally. but lets do the math for it using the profit.
$1450/$8.28 = 175.12 So about the same days, or a little over 6 months. Now the same notes apply as my first math post. But the questions arises.. Is it worth it?
as Chris_Sabian stated, the companies sell them or use them depending on the outlook of profits.. So, as he said if profits for Selling > Self-Mining, how is that supposed to make us costumers feel better about going about and purchasing such products if these companies felt it didn't provide as big a profit..

This is theoretical max

You won't get 100% uptime.  Maybe 95% if you are lucky. And the pool you are using has a variety of 'luck' involved in finding a block so payouts will be varied.

Also, check the difficulty changes over time from: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty
Remember, every ~2 weeks or so, your return decreases and the total ROI increases.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:44:54 AM

. . . . . . . . .

More math time.

$0.63*24 = $+15.12

And that is the biggest questions that you have to ask yourself.  And the thousand dollar question in this case.
TheOutride

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:50:33 AM

. . . . . . . . .

More math time.

$0.63*24 = $+15.12

And that is the biggest questions that you have to ask yourself.  And the thousand dollar question in this case.

I was one of the usb rookies you know. I purchased 5 Ant Miner U1's for $57 each and thought I got a deal(average price was $60 each), and a USB hub from Anker and a cooling fan for the "rig," And so, I began. Back in January.. Mined for like two ish months and realized I wasn't getting anywhere. I did "mine" with my gpu, if we can call it that, but no matter which one i went with BTC or LiteCoin, wasn't going anywhere. So I figured, try some ASIC. And I found the ant miner u1's. Went for it.. Now I'm sitting here with 5 flash drive looking things that can't store anything, a usb hub (only good thing out of this deal lol) and a random fan that's got more dust on it than my ex.. So... I know that's the question that's worth the million, but I want to hear other's opinions. I've got the money for it.. Should I go ahead and get the 3 T1's? :3 I got bit-back hard with the -360 (Yes, negative) because I NEVER made my ROI from the u1's.. and here i am. I lived it. And it's curiosity that drags me back in.. But it's experience that's telling me to rethink it.
zyberguy

Activity: 57

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:30:01 PM

Is the new R-box have new RPi image for user with it?
I just see only cgminer for win alone.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:36:07 PM

Is the new R-box have new RPi image for user with it?
I just see only cgminer for win alone.
That same drop down menu has Pi image for R-box that is updated for use with the New R-Box. But it is for the Pi-B only, B+ has a work around posted by another user but I think you have to look in Dogie's thread for the new R-Box to find out how.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 10:10:37 PM

This company's rating has been updated in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness thread.

[This message won't be monitored, discuss your concerns in the thread.]

AllInBit

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:23:44 AM

Is there a Sep. financial report/update coming soon? Thanks
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:14:21 AM

Is there a Sep. financial report/update coming soon? Thanks

We will combine September and October report together by considerring Oct has passed two third.
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:17:13 AM

hello
I search the rockminer R4 raspberry pi image .
thanks you for your help
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rockminer/files/RaspberryPi_Rockminer_Rocket_V1.3.0_192.168.1.254.zip/download
C0mpass

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:40:07 AM

Hi,

I just got my 32-35 GH/s rBox for experimenting, but all I have right now is my old BFL brick (13V 6A) would that work with my Rbox? Or will the 1V more ruin it?

Thank you.
rockxie (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:45:30 AM

. . . . . . . . .

More math time.

$0.63*24 = $+15.12

I was one of the usb rookies you know. I purchased 5 Ant Miner U1's for $57 each and thought I got a deal(average price was $60 each), and a USB hub from Anker and a cooling fan for the "rig," And so, I began. Back in January.. Mined for like two ish months and realized I wasn't getting anywhere. I did "mine" with my gpu, if we can call it that, but no matter which one i went with BTC or LiteCoin, wasn't going anywhere. So I figured, try some ASIC. And I found the ant miner u1's. Went for it.. Now I'm sitting here with 5 flash drive looking things that can't store anything, a usb hub (only good thing out of this deal lol) and a random fan that's got more dust on it than my ex.. So... I know that's the question that's worth the million, but I want to hear other's opinions. I've got the money for it.. Should I go ahead and get the 3 T1's? :3 I got bit-back hard with the -360 (Yes, negative) because I NEVER made my ROI from the u1's.. and here i am. I lived it. And it's curiosity that drags me back in.. But it's experience that's telling me to rethink it.

Actually, what you asked is the normal question for all investors and products, not for T1 only.Here is my personal opinion:
1. High ROI days by mining or selling miners have gone and will never be back.
2. power consumption will be very very closed between hardware manufactures, T1 is not good enough on that, but ROCKMINER can't do things to make hardware or software better, because we don't have so many times.However, there is still one thing we can cut the gap between our power consumption and others, that is the price of T1.
So, your question is only buying T1 or other miners, you need to calculate the electricity cost in the lifetime of T1 and pruchasing hardware cost.
Anyway,the cheaper of electricity the better to choose T1.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: