Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:41:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199432 times)
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:12:28 PM

Anyone know how many "blades" can run on Rockminers Rockminerweb?
I've got a new style R-Box running alongside my RK-Box via Rockminerweb v0.9.3 and was wondering if I could just keep adding more R-Box miners??

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:48:27 PM

Anyone know how many "blades" can run on Rockminers Rockminerweb?
I've got a new style R-Box running alongside my RK-Box via Rockminerweb v0.9.3 and was wondering if I could just keep adding more R-Box miners??

at least 8 (I can run 2 rkboxes on both an RPi and on a cubie a10), i imagine more can be handled as its effectively cgminer and thus shouldnt be capped in the software.   Bigger issue is how powerful the CPU of your interface (RPi or cubieboard?) is. A cubie would likely handle more units than an RPi due to more powerful core

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
AllInBit

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:40:55 PM

Is there a Sep. financial report/update coming soon? Thanks

We will combine September and October report together by considerring Oct has passed two third.

Any updates??
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 06:48:50 PM

Is there a Sep. financial report/update coming soon? Thanks

We will combine September and October report together by considerring Oct has passed two third.

Any updates??

basically no updates or information for september or october.

Maybe an update on RM's involvment with AMhash? what revenue is the company pulling in from this endeavour? Is RM personally self mining? whats the hashrate or why not?
Are RM just taking a back seat until AMgen4?

September 13th, 2014 - Update and Dividends of August can be visited at : http://blog.rockminer.com/t/7/

July 28th, 2014 - Financial report of ROCKMINER will be opened on 29th July.

ROCKMINER TEAM

June 26th, 2014 - the ROCKMINER (ROCK) Fund Will be open for trading on HavelockInvestments.com starting Friday at 9:00 A.M GMT

Thank you,

Rockminer
Havelock Investments
AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:35:08 PM

It May be the version of software or something as simple as a bad USB cable, I've been through that as well.

well, without ripping appart the miner and redoing the sinks (i'll do that once i get enough parts together) i can't work out why I'm getting 50% hardware, even in BFGminer its the same.

you're getting 9.39% even with the bad hardware.

the question i have is: is there any way of debugging this thing? or is bfgminer the only way to see every chipset stats?
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:14:00 PM

ck has a pretty thorough debug breakdown but you need to dig in the cgminer thread for the details on how to run it.
I will admit once again though that a bad USB cable was the cause of very high error rate when I got my first one. Since then I have noticed that none of my units like long USB cables plugged into them.
AJRGale

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:36:21 AM

I just noticed something, im using Icarus drivers (0: LIR...), you are using the Rockminer drivers (0: RMU..), that MAY be my problem..
only problem is i cant get RMU drivers to kick in and run the device.
hurricandave
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:46:08 AM

I use the download from the official Rockminer website. Its the only one that identifies as RMU. Open the folder and highlight/ edit the start file.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1637

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 10:10:05 AM

I recently had remote access to an RKbox and committed some improvements to the cgminer git master branch. It appears to be performing better and more stable now, along with less rejects/dupes, much less HW errors and a little less CPU usage. Note the displayed hashrate appears lower but that's because the dodgy driver counts rejects in its hashrate which there are quite a few in the form of duplicates, but the updated driver hashrate is higher as confirmed at the pool end. I also found the sweet spot to be a frequency of 330.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 01:04:41 PM

I recently had remote access to an RKbox and committed some improvements to the cgminer git master branch. It appears to be performing better and more stable now, along with less rejects/dupes, much less HW errors and a little less CPU usage. Note the displayed hashrate appears lower but that's because the dodgy driver counts rejects in its hashrate which there are quite a few in the form of duplicates, but the updated driver hashrate is higher as confirmed at the pool end. I also found the sweet spot to be a frequency of 330.

Sweet spot of 330? Very nice work. Thank you!
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:52:12 PM

Sweet spot of 330? Very nice work. Thank you!

I just wish I could get CG to work on my setup. I install the drivers and when I launch it does not recognize my miners on one box. On the other it runs at reduced speed.

Sad

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8986

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 09:33:28 PM

Thank you. Running for a couple of hours now, seems to work better indeed.
AJRGale

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:57:19 PM

Hmm, RKBox equivalent to the "New Rbox"? also just git'ed cgminer last night into a ubuntu system, setting that up for the box, gonna see if that works.
hurricandave
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:16:29 PM

Hmm, RKBox equivalent to the "New Rbox"? also just git'ed cgminer last night into a ubuntu system, setting that up for the box, gonna see if that works.
Depends on what you mean by equivalent? But yes these two particular devices use the same version of software/drivers.
AJRGale

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:24:21 PM

Depends on what you mean by equivalent? But yes these two particular devices use the same version of software/drivers.

Equivalent as in the same chipset, firmware, etc

But if the mucking around with the RKbox that ckolivas did was enough for the software to work nicely with the "New Rbox" that guy deserves a beer or 20
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 11:55:16 PM

But if the mucking around with the RKbox that ckolivas did was enough for the software to work nicely with the "New Rbox" that guy deserves a beer or 20

New Rbox (pics) is a single blade from an RK / R3 box (pics).

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:01:41 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 04:17:57 AM by ckolivas

Should work with both. The Rocketbox was 4 blades, the new Rbox is a single blade as Dogie said. I'm still trying to further tweak the driver, but it's at the diminishing returns stage. A blade seems to drop out very easily though, and it usually re-hotplugs but not always.

-ck
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:04:15 AM

Should work with both. The Rocketbox was 8 blades, the new Rbox is a single blade as Dogie said. I'm still trying to further tweak the driver, but it's at the diminishing returns stage. A blade seems to drop out very easily though, and it usually re-hotplugs but not always.

ckolovas,

Any idea why I can't get my r-boxes to run at full speed with cg?

Cg does not see my miners on my other box either.

Thanks.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:14:10 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 04:18:42 AM by ckolivas

Any idea why I can't get my r-boxes to run at full speed with cg?

Cg does not see my miners on my other box either.

Note the displayed hashrate appears lower but that's because the dodgy driver counts rejects in its hashrate which there are quite a few in the form of duplicates, but the updated driver hashrate is higher as confirmed at the pool end.

Also you didn't specify if you're using 4.7.1 or the latest code. Prior to yesterday, I had never looked at the rocketbox / new rbox code before.

No idea about your other box. USB3 slot maybe?

-ck
AJRGale

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:15:43 AM

New Rbox (pics) is a single blade from an RK / R3 box (pics).

So they are different: The RK the controller is a separate board, connected by 2x 16 pin jumpers, don't know what the chip is, or the firmware is. and its using the BE200 Revision: 9P01A. the silkscreen has "ROCMINER_BLADE_V1.2 2014_06_02 The "New Rbox" is using an Atmel mega88pa, soldered onto the board, and using the BE200 revision: 9P02A, and its Silk screen has: ROCKMINER_R-BOX_V2 2014_08_9 (odd, admitted the 0 before the 9? confirmed halflife2 ep 3?) they are almost the same. but different enough to have an affect.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: