Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:43:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Exchange  (Read 82037 times)
area

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 10:39:34 AM

The size of the receive wallet has outgrown the server it was operating on.

I have moved the receive wallet offsite onto a much more powerful system. (This also has the happy coincidence of being -- marginally -- more secure.)

The sent wallet will be moved to the same new system in the next few hours.

Sorry for the delays.

Guess this explains why my withdrawn BTC hasn't shown up yet.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 04:10:33 PM

Would not a security expert anticipate this in advance ?
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 04:18:27 PM

I deal with the Instawallet shared wallet, which is probably an order of magnitude larger than Intersango's, and yes, it takes a little while to boot up, but when it's done it runs fine and smooth.

Now that I think about it, it might be that they're using the 'accounts' feature of bitcoind, which scales terribly. So guys, protip, use a monitortx patch and let bitcoind notify your backend, just poll the client to update confirmation counts once it notifies you of an incoming block.

phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 04:38:31 PM

I deal with the Instawallet shared wallet, which is probably an order of magnitude larger than Intersango's, and yes, it takes a little while to boot up, but when it's done it runs fine and smooth.

Now that I think about it, it might be that they're using the 'accounts' feature of bitcoind, which scales terribly. So guys, protip, use a monitortx patch and let bitcoind notify your backend, just poll the client to update confirmation counts once it notifies you of an incoming block.

I seriously doubt that.

The wallet for intersango is probably larger than any other wallet except gox (who dont use bitcoind).

We've had people running arbitrage bots 24/7 for essentially a year at this point.

That's a LOT of transactions to record.

And no we dont use accounts, I was probably the first person to vocally tell people to not use that particular "feature".

Anyways this was triggered by someone spamming the wallet with a very larger number of small transactions, of course I've always known this could be an issue but dealing with it is mostly a matter of money I didn't do anything about it.
norulezapply

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 11:10:18 PM

Patrick what's happening with the withdrawals?

Are they down until the 26th to the 30th?

Or are they down now until the some time between the 26th and 30th?
Herodes

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 11:20:45 PM

Does Intersango send transactions on the block chain for in house trading ? Gox only moves numbers in a database, any reason that Intersango doesn't do the same (if I understand it correctly).

Also, could you answer this Patrick:

wget --no-check-certificate https://intersango.com/api/ticker.php?currency_pair_id=3 returns

Code:
{"last":"7.77700","vol":"395.76003","buy":"7.65000","sell":"7.76922"}

How do I get 'high', 'low' and 'avg' ?

I've looked around at your Api documentation page ( https://intersango.com/api.php), but couldn't seem to find the answer to this.

And why is https://bitcoinconsultancy.com/wiki/Intersango/API linked from https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Intersango/API unavailable ? It seems like bitcoinconsultancy.com have been down (http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/bitcoinconsultancy.com) for a while.

You've dubbed yourselves security experts, I take it that the takedown of bitcoinconsultancy.com means you're no longer calling yourselves security experts ? (tounge-in-cheek)

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 11:23:01 PM

You've dubbed yourselves security experts, I take it that the takedown of bitcoinconsultancy.com means you're no longer calling yourselves security experts ? (tounge-in-cheek)
The most secure system is one that is off.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
phantomcircuit

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 05:25:43 AM

Does Intersango send transactions on the block chain for in house trading ? Gox only moves numbers in a database, any reason that Intersango doesn't do the same (if I understand it correctly).

wget --no-check-certificate https://intersango.com/api/ticker.php?currency_pair_id=3 returns

Code:

Pull trades and calculate them yourself. I dont include them because it's an unnecessary calculation for us to make.
I've looked around at your Api documentation page ( https://intersango.com/api.php), but couldn't seem to find the answer to this.

And why is https://bitcoinconsultancy.com/wiki/Intersango/API linked from https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Intersango/API unavailable ? It seems like bitcoinconsultancy.com have been down (http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/bitcoinconsultancy.com) for a while.

I have better things to do than review the entire SQL dump for bitcoinconsultancy.com

All the api information is on intersango.com
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 07:44:48 AM

ಠ_ಠ
davout
Legendary

Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 09:35:00 AM

Pull trades and calculate them yourself. I dont include them because it's an unnecessary calculation for us to make.
That pretty much sums it all up

Herodes

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 10:05:57 AM

Code:

I have better things to do than review the entire SQL dump for bitcoinconsultancy.com

All the api information is on intersango.com

Thanks for the reply. Is there any reason why it is unecessary for you to calculate this ? Seems like mtGox and BTCe manages to do it well and provide it in their tickers.

I think this quote could be in place, posted by Genjix yesterday:

Tihan 26/05/12 02:22:
- Several other high-priority safety issues were identified to the Bitcoinica Consultancy team members at the time they took over operations.  For example a github issue tracker shows these items remained unaddressed: "Gox credentials are easy to steal (!)",   " Wallet.dat not being backed up (!)"  It was these types of security risks that Bitcoinica Consultancy was specifically brought in to address.

I guess those issues were unecessary to fix as well ?
norulezapply

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 11:10:35 AM

How about replying to my question about intersango withdrawals?

For your convienience, I'll post it again here:

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 01:26:27 PM

I am also worried about leaving any BTC / GBP on this exchange.

Someone needs to confirm they have received withdrawals in their UK bank accounts from these guys in the last days or so before I can trust them ...
norulezapply

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 03:24:37 PM

Someone needs to confirm they have received withdrawals in their UK bank accounts from these guys in the last days or so before I can trust them ...

I hate to do this but....

+1
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 03:36:53 PM

+1

No need to hate getting the truth out.

Much rather question authority than get scammed IMHO.

I really hope things do work out because Gox is not an option for me without a UK bank account. I don't want to pay wire fees etc.

I am not putting anything in there until this gets sorted out or something happens because the risk is immense.

If Bitcoinica got "hacked" how do we know that Intersango will not also get "pseudo-hacked" and we loose all our money as with the latter Huh
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 03:51:38 PM

+1

No need to hate getting the truth out.

Much rather question authority than get scammed IMHO.

I really hope things do work out because Gox is not an option for me without a UK bank account. I don't want to pay wire fees etc.

I am not putting anything in there until this gets sorted out or something happens because the risk is immense.

If Bitcoinica got "hacked" how do we know that Intersango will not also get "pseudo-hacked" and we loose all our money as with the latter Huh

You're seeing it wrong. If you claim they were "pseudo-hacked" people will rightfully ask you for your evidence. As I see it it must be personal. Intersango was probably hacked, too. As often as it happened while they were in charge before it could happen yet another time. The only option is they must have fallen victim to a targeted attack against anything Bitcoinica (Consultancy) and Intersango. Someone wants to destroy them.
matthewh3
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 07:31:52 PM

Intersango GBP deposits are usually fast but its now been over 24hrs since I made my transfer  Huh  What happened to deposits being processes seven times a day  Huh

norulezapply

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 08:35:03 PM

Intersango GBP deposits are usually fast but its now been over 24hrs since I made my transfer  Huh  What happened to deposits being processes seven times a day  Huh

Last withdrawal I made a month ago didn't go through for a good week or so until I contacted support and asked them about it.

Not sure what the state of withdrawals is at the moment though. I'd definitely like to find out though as I've got coins waiting for a buyer...
matthewh3
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 09:12:02 PM

Last withdrawal I made a month ago didn't go through for a good week or so until I contacted support and asked them about it.

Not sure what the state of withdrawals is at the moment though. I'd definitely like to find out though as I've got coins waiting for a buyer...

Contacted support and money cleared almost straight away.

phantomcircuit

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 03:41:08 AM

It's between the 26th and the 30th.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: