Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:17:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Exchange  (Read 82042 times)
Jason Ling

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:34:45 AM

Small withdraw of like £159 was set to "Sent" (not pending) last Tuesday, still not in bank - suspect xfer was never initiated.

UK BACS takes 3 working days max normally. 

I accidentally marked a bunch of payments as sent which shouldn't have been.

Mostly this effected people with bitcoin transfers (almost all of which have now been corrected), but some UK transfers were also effected.

If a UK transfer is marked as 'sent' and you have not received it after 48 hours open a ticket and someone will investigate.

I opened a ticket saying my withdrawal was marked as sent when it was not, and I got a canned response saying you are having problems with your bank. Can you unmark this withdrawal as sent?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:22:06 AM

Problem is a bank can halt all account activity if a few tx are flagged as fraudulent. Not defending Intersango, just saying.

Since btc transactions are irreversible, it's tempting for some scammers to try to get some free btc. by comitting fraud with the bank transfers..

Just like conventional financial institutions are constantly bombarded with fraud and hacking attempts, the same is going to be true in the Bitcoin world. I suspect that many people grossly underestimate how frequent those attempts are. It's always going to be a matter of trying to stay one step ahead of the game. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:35:28 AM

Problem is a bank can halt all account activity if a few tx are flagged as fraudulent. Not defending Intersango, just saying.

Since btc transactions are irreversible, it's tempting for some scammers to try to get some free btc. by comitting fraud with the bank transfers..

Just like conventional financial institutions are constantly bombarded with fraud and hacking attempts, the same is going to be true in the Bitcoin world. I suspect that many people grossly underestimate how frequent those attempts are. It's always going to be a matter of trying to stay one step ahead of the game. 

If they are telling the truth then it looks like their metro bank is frozen ..........

My account is has made other transfers to metro before so i would not be in the group that "may be using somone elses bank acc to make a fraudulant transfer" .......

I have transfered over 3000GBP to intersango before and the service worked  and it cleared inside 2 hours

Now im waiting nearly a week on pocket change to clear    when transfers are supposed to be several times per day  so

i cant see anything positive in this situation ,their bank  account has been frozen or they dont have the money to pay etc spings to mind ......

Neither of which is good

guruvan

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:55:44 AM

Haven't people been saying for weeks (or rather, MONTHS) to get your money out of Intersango before it disappears just like the bitcoinica money?

How many months will you have to wait to find that the 50% of your balance that was promised has been "stolen"? 

repentance

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 06:10:23 AM

If they are telling the truth then it looks like their metro bank is frozen ..........

Which is something that's happened to other exchanges multiple times in the past and been sorted out.  Whatever the bank's going to do, it's going to do in it's own time-frame and there's not much that Intersango or its users can do about that.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 07:18:25 AM

Which is something that's happened to other exchanges multiple times in the past and been sorted out.  Whatever the bank's going to do, it's going to do in it's own time-frame and there's not much that Intersango or its users can do about that.

if its frozen upload proof so people can see that ,shouldnt be too difficult, im sure someone at Intersango is capable of uploading a scan or a letter from someone at metro that can verify the situation  ?

if on the other hand ,Intersango has been gambling with everyones cash  and they have a shortfall because it didnt go their way  then thats NOT  ok ..........

If they want to prove it they can easily do so ,until then they will lose customers in droves and deservedly so .....

I will recomend everyone i know to avoid Intersango permanently ,whether this gets sorted or not im sick of being on the end of their lies as a customer
BitBuster

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 01:23:17 PM

if its frozen upload proof so people can see that ,shouldnt be too difficult, im sure someone at Intersango is capable of uploading a scan or a letter from someone at metro that can verify the situation  ?

This would certainly help the situation.

BB.
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 01:28:32 PM

Bitcoinica 2.0 ......for anyone who missed the first installment Smiley
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 02:01:38 PM

if on the other hand ,Intersango has been gambling with everyones cash  and they have a shortfall because it didnt go their way  then thats NOT  ok ..........

If they want to prove it they can easily do so ,until then they will lose customers in droves and deservedly so .....

I will recomend everyone i know to avoid Intersango permanently ,whether this gets sorted or not im sick of being on the end of their lies as a customer

Proof as in a letter/statement from the bank being uploaded in a public forum is not the brightest of ideas. That would probably cause them to nix the account in question and access to any statements and send you a check for the balance. Talking to the bank however might be a good idea, as in calling them to ask why deposits from xyz bank to Intersango haven't cleared yet.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:08:10 PM

Proof as in a letter/statement from the bank being uploaded in a public forum is not the brightest of ideas. That would probably cause them to nix the account in question and access to any statements and send you a check for the balance. Talking to the bank however might be a good idea, as in calling them to ask why deposits from xyz bank to Intersango haven't cleared yet.

we have called them ,Metro bank is unaware of any problems related to missing deposits not being credited and /or technical failures so both excuses so far were lies

of course they can not tell strangers over the phone  if there is any money or not in the Intersango account so the truth  will not come out until Intersango is ready .....
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 03:20:28 PM

I wonder if this recent event had anything to do with what assumingly is currently going on with their Metro Bank account: http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/valium/TDB3N8TVV6R8HJ3KH/p2 (only need to scroll down a tad)

~Bruno~
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:23:22 PM

I wonder if this recent event had anything to do with what assumingly is currently going on with their Metro Bank account: http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/valium/TDB3N8TVV6R8HJ3KH/p2 (only need to scroll down a tad)

~Bruno~
What the fuck am I reading? Huh Shocked

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:32:41 PM

Shocked
subpardave

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:26:56 PM

Great - so some scumbag has been scamming people by posing to sell drugs, and has been asking them to directly pay into his intersango deposit account via bank transfer.
Handy thing is he's given his reference number  - 02bd450b - which should be unique to his account.
I'm sure the folks from Intersango can dig out which account this is..

In the meantime, this or similar ends up pooping all over the rest of the non-theiving-asshole user community.
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:07:56 PM

Great - so some scumbag has been scamming people by posing to sell drugs, and has been asking them to directly pay into his intersango deposit account via bank transfer.
Handy thing is he's given his reference number  - 02bd450b - which should be unique to his account.
I'm sure the folks from Intersango can dig out which account this is..

In the meantime, this or similar ends up pooping all over the rest of the non-theiving-asshole user community.

all they will probably get from that reference number is a fake name and an email address from a free providor

the scammer probably has long since withdrawn his bitcoins so there is NADA they can do about it

ip trace ,probably a tor address etc

subpardave

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:35:44 PM

True - but if the scammed folks then complain to the bank - makes sense why suddenly they'd want to take a look at what Intersango is doing and cause this review. Doubt this is the only instance that this has been done with
Herodes

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:38:50 PM

True - but if the scammed folks then complain to the bank - makes sense why suddenly they'd want to take a look at what Intersango is doing and cause this review. Doubt this is the only instance that this has been done with

Sorry to hear these news. It's a variant of a familiar scam which've been played out numerous times on many exchanges and fixed rate sellers. The thing is that bitcoin is irreversible, so as long as a scammer somehow can fund an account at an exchange, they can withdraw bitcoins.

I guess most exchanges already have safeguards in place, or know how to deal with this. As for Intersango... who knows ?
CoinCidental
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 05:44:07 PM

Sorry to hear these news. It's a variant of a familiar scam which've been played out numerous times on many exchanges and fixed rate sellers. The thing is that bitcoin is irreversible, so as long as a scammer somehow can fund an account at an exchange, they can withdraw bitcoins.

I guess most exchanges already have safeguards in place, or know how to deal with this. As for Intersango... who knows ?

How does gox deal with this kind of thing ? Is there some strategy in place in the US banks to verify the id of all depositors or can anyone fund an account belonging to a drug dealer ?
subpardave

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 06:23:25 PM

On MtGox at least the name on the sending account has to match that of the receiver also, from their documentation.

So Dave Smith can send to Dave Smiths' MtGox acct - but John Anderson can't be conned into sending funds to Dave Smith's MtGox acct
Herodes

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 07:03:03 PM

On MtGox at least the name on the sending account has to match that of the receiver also, from their documentation.

So Dave Smith can send to Dave Smiths' MtGox acct - but John Anderson can't be conned into sending funds to Dave Smith's MtGox acct

If BTC's can be withdrawn that doesn't necessarily help. An account can be made quickly, in any name, so matching the name of the sender of the bank funds won't be too hard for the dedicated scammer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: