Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:47:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:27:02 PM

Don't forget to submit your daily Cryptsy Ticket Request!

~informer

Muchos Gracias Amigo

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Litoshi

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:27:28 PM

Any news from the dev?

on what exactly?

have you read the last 3 or 4 pages before posting?

5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:41:29 PM

Any news from the dev?

on what exactly?

have you read the last 3 or 4 pages before posting?

Calm down.

As I have mentioned, people skimming through this at first glance will click Crypti user and check last login.
They'll see it's a week ago, not knowingly he's working, and that there are 3 other developers on the projects responding to questions here.

I don't think you can blame anyone for skimming through posts on BCT... one has to filter out a lot of stuff here you know?
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:43:04 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 05:44:26 PM by MalReynolds

Since the price of XCR is now BELOW the IPO price on Bter, that must mean that you have the utmost confidence that the Cryptsi team can deliver a highly competitive product to the crypto world and thus make a few bucks for yourself.

No coin, not TimeCoin, not NODE, or any other, has been able to successfully write a PoT algo so far.  If they had, we would have copied it. They either use random choices (NODE) like we are right now, or go by the timestamp.  

I am hodling on Crypti because it is a "fixed supply / zero inflation" coin with a stated goal of being a "simple, fast, scalable currency for commerce", and is exploring a cheap hardware access solution via Coinbox for processing of vendors transactions.  These two things are killer apps that have yet to be achieved in the cryptocoin world.  Crypti may yet become the first to get there.

However, PoT is totally irrelevant in achieving these Crypti goals.  Even worse, in my opinion PoT is currently holding Crypti back from getting to its stated goals, and will continue to do so until it is abandoned.

PoT is not "simple" because you list a whole bunch of other people who have been unable to implement it in the past, and so far Crypti hasn't been able to implement it either.  

PoT is "fast" only if it can support all required peer-to-peer packet transactions in the one minute Crypti block time for a network of any size.  

PoT is not readily "scalable" because it embodies a summation function, which is a tough hill to climb mathematically, computationally and algorithmically.  This is the real reason nobody has done it before and Crypti is having trouble doing it now.  Obviously I don't know the actual secret-sauce code being used. But logically (and assuming all nodes were equal peers!), in the original 50 node PoT test network there had to be a minimum of sum1to49 = 1,225 node-to-node packet exchanges in the one minute block time.  (See for yourself:  http://www.mathsisfun.com/numbers/sigma-calculator.html).  Doubling the network to 100 equal peers implies sum1to99 = 4,950 node-to-node packets in the blocktime.  Doubling it again to 200 implies 19,900.  Doubling it again to 400 implies 79,800.  Doubling it again to 800 implies 319,600.  Doubling it again to 1600 implies 1,279,200.  Doubling it again to 3200 implies 5,118,440.

Going from a 50 node network to a 800 node network means forgers deploying 16 times the nodes while the code has to process 260 times the peer-to-peer packets in the one minute blocktime.  Etc. Etc. Etc.  You can do the math.  Roughly speaking, doubling the node network size means quadrupling the number of peer-to-peer packets that have to be processed in one block time.

To quote Obi-Wan, "These are not the scaling factors you are looking for".

If you want to play this PoT game with large (apparently above 50 node) networks, then you have two choices.  Choice one, you can maintain one giant network where some nodes are "super-peers" in some kind of hierarchical tree structure that communicate directly with each other and only the normal peers that are under them, thus cutting down the number of peer-to-peer packet exchanges required.  Choice two, you can maintain numerous small networks (say 50 nodes each?) of equal peer nodes that are rotated in as appropriate to forge blocks when their turn comes - but somehow they've still got to get the blockchain results from the blocktimes the were not eligible to forge, an additional complexity.  

Neither of these two choices are as "simple" as the currently running "random selector" algorithm running Crypti right now, and this "random selector" algorithm would be perfectly adequate to run a vendor-only network with no forgers and zero transaction fees.

So yeah, I'm holding Crypsi and have faith it will become a big, important cryptocurrency in the near future that makes me money.  But it will not achieve that status because it finally solved the PoT problem and made me rich by forging.  It will achieve that status because it became a "simple, fast, scalable currency for commerce", implemented a cheap hardware access solution via Coinbox for processing of vendors transactions that also doubled as a node, and its market cap soared.
smoohaha

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:30:27 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 03:55:07 PM by smoohaha

I'm using the Windows wallet. It seems to be working in that I received successfully some xcr from bter. But when I try to send to another account after 1 or 2 confirmations the synchronizing block message flashes in the bottom and then the confirmation for that transaction resets to zero. Then it starts over again getting 1 to 2 confirms and then resetting back to no confirms. Eventually after checking back later in the day or next day the transaction disappears and the xcr are returned as if it never happened. So my received xcr from bter shows up on my windows wallet and checks out with the blockchain explorer. But any sends using windows wallet never go through and never shows in the blockchain explorer.
5000Bitcoins

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:57:27 PM

I'm using the Windows wallet. It seems to be working in that I received successfully some xcr from bter. But when I try to send to another account after 1 or 2 confirmations the synchronizing block message flashes in the bottom and then the confirmation for that transaction resets to zero. Then it starts over again getting 1 to 2 confirms and then resetting back to no confirms. Eventually after checking back later in the day or next day the transaction disappears and the xcr are returned as if it never happened. So my received xcr from bter shows up on my windows wallet and checks out with the blockchain explorer. But any sends using windows wallet never go through and never shows in the blockchain explorer.

Could it be you're sending it to Cryptsy/Poloniex accounts? They ain't updated to latest network yet
smoohaha

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:17:20 PM

Could it be you're sending it to Cryptsy/Poloniex accounts? They ain't updated to latest network yet

I am sending to another xcr account of mine. But I suspect it wouldn't matter who I sent to. Seems my windows wallet doesn't send properly. I'm on a fork? If I am why does my bter withdrawal show up correctly in my windows wallet which matches blockchain explorer records. But all sends from my wallet are never properly confirmed and eventually go away and blockchain explorer has no acknowledgement they existed.
smoohaha

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:24:09 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 04:40:59 PM by smoohaha

Online Web wallet (https://wallet.crypti.me) seems stuck. The blockchain column shows no transactions and message on the bottom is stuck saying synchronization: 57706 blocks, wait please.
5000Bitcoins

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:03:41 PM

Online Web wallet (https://wallet.crypti.me) seems stuck. The blockchain column shows no transactions and message on the bottom is stuck saying synchronization: 57706 blocks, wait please.

Not sure maybe someone more tech can help with that soon

I however logged onto my windows wallet and it synched for me, and I am currently forging
smoohaha

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:16:42 PM

Not sure maybe someone more tech can help with that soon

I however logged onto my windows wallet and it synched for me, and I am currently forging

My windows wallet syncs and appears to forge too. In fact yesterday I was forging on one of my addresses and it said I forged 300 xcr and my balance increased by 300. Today that 300 disappeared and my balance is back to the original. Can you send a small amount to another crypti address you have from your windows wallet and see if it sticks?
Litoshi

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:24:02 PM

I am sending to another xcr account of mine. But I suspect it wouldn't matter who I sent to. Seems my windows wallet doesn't send properly. I'm on a fork? If I am why does my bter withdrawal show up correctly in my windows wallet which matches blockchain explorer records. But all sends from my wallet are never properly confirmed and eventually go away and blockchain explorer has no acknowledgement they existed.

Do you have version 7?

Version 6 had a forking problem that was fixed in version 7.  Now the node checks for forks every other block and fixes the blockchain.  If  either of your wallets is version 6, you need to update them.

Only Bter is on the new wallet, as 5000 explained.  We are waiting for Cryptsy and Polo to update.  They have been contacted numerous times and asked  to do so.

smoohaha

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:36:03 PM

Do you have version 7?

Version 6 had a forking problem that was fixed in version 7.  Now the node checks for forks every other block and fixes the blockchain.  If  either of your wallets is version 6, you need to update them.

Only Bter is on the new wallet, as 5000 explained.  We are waiting for Cryptsy and Polo to update.  They have been contacted numerous times and asked  to do so.

I'm using 0.1.7. I just did another send as a test and now over 10 minutes no confirms. Something wrong on my end.
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:15:22 PM

slow poke russia

putin slap face ?

wake dev

communete pitience hour

I'm willing to double you coins if you promise never to write in this thread again.

I can't take it anymore.
Litoshi

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:29:30 PM

Vega,

use the IGNORE button, its right undet the TRUST button

Vega

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:33:22 PM

Vega,

You don't say?

I dont want to ignore him, I'd still see him posting, and I'd know its something stupid and non-english.
Litoshi

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:36:59 PM

Vega,

You don't say?

I dont want to ignore him, I'd still see him posting, and I'd know its something stupid and non-english.

Thats called the "Altoids"     

you know its gonna burn, but you look forward to it

Vega

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:42:32 PM

Smiley

I don't know why he gets under my skin. This place is full of people like him. They produce an incredibly amount of posts with no substance whatsoever. Most of them worrying about the price of something that they have very little of.
Litoshi

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:45:58 PM

Smiley

I don't know why he gets under my skin. This place is full of people like him. They produce an incredibly amount of posts with no substance whatsoever. Most of them worrying about the price of something that they have very little of.

He is the kid kicking the back of your seat for hours on a long flight.

Litoshi

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:51:28 PM

Do you have version 7?

I'm using 0.1.7. I just did another send as a test and now over 10 minutes no confirms. Something wrong on my end.

bitseed will help you on this, but he has to go out right now. 

LetMeKnow

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:25:55 PM

slow poke russia

putin slap face ?

wake dev

communete pitience hour

I'm willing to double you coins if you promise never to write in this thread again.

I can't take it anymore.

Ha,ha

Guy makes me laugh with every post!  Grin
Im also thinking to send some XCR, just to chill him a bit.
Pages: « 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: