Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:06:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 [398] 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GreXX

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:30:52 PM

SO now we have established that you dont have any constructive suggestions, and only offer criticism.

A merchant also can earn back half the transaction fees......... so yes, Crypti is slanted towards the merchant.  However, compare this with the 3-5% fee that credit cards charge the same merchants.  

A low blow, my friend.  I have only offered constructive suggestions here, and food for thought.

My suggestions would offer a 0% transaction fee for Crypti.  There is no better transaction fee that a cryptocoin can have.

Then what would be the incentive for forgers to keep the network up and running?

With a 0% fee, there would be few nodes running, and a 51% attack becomes easily possible.  The more nodes online, the harder a 51% attack becomes.  

constructive suggestions    Yeah......... I had a drill sergeant like that too.

What he is suggesting is don't market the nodes to the average user. Eliminate them from the process and instead build point of sale terminals through Coinbox or otherwise for merchants / vendors to implement on their end. A 51% attack becomes relatively impossible because you control the distribution of hardware nodes to the merchants who sign-up and that is what builds out the network. In this sense, you don't need to reward anyone with transaction fees because the vendors themselves are running the network and THEIR reward is the 0% TX fee you can now provide which extends now to all users, not just the merchants. They take on the weight of running the nodes and fortifying the network, but they gain an instant transaction payment processing system that costs them 0% fees. You could throw a small fee like 1% if they choose to immediately convert to Fiat which is still 2% or more below Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, and industry standards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:37:42 PM

I see one big problem with ALL the nodes being owned by merchants:  Who they going to sell to?

There are no real wallets with XCR, only nodes to the network.

"Joe Six Pack" has to have a node/wallet on his smartphone to use XCR to make a purchase.  And he needs to acquire or earn more XCR. 

What Mal is suggesting sounds a lot like Ripple and Latinum. 

GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:42:23 PM

I see one big problem with ALL the nodes being owned by merchants:  Who they going to sell to?

There are no real wallets with XCR, only nodes to the network.

"Joe Six Pack" has to have a node/wallet on his smartphone to use XCR to make a purchase.  And he needs to acquire or earn more XCR.  

What Mal is suggesting sounds a lot like Ripple and Latinum.  

A node isn't required to conduct a purchase in that way. You just build in the ability to your smartphone app / web wallet through APIs or using the SDK for Custom Block Chains to build an application that can process it and functions on top of the blockchain. There are quite a few different ways we could do it without requiring them to run a full fledged node.

Plus the merchant doing the transaction processing will have a node running. So technically it will be running through their server anyways.

LetMeKnow

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:56:42 PM

Nice conversation guys.
I have to admit that what Mal is suggesting opens completely new chapter and should be considered as a possible solution. This are big decisions that needs to be fully adressed and studied. Problem is how to convince community... Roll Eyes
I think it wouldnt be a bad idea to start disscussing with different vendors and shape up their opinions and thoughts.
jiuge

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:35:46 AM

stuped or nice  Huh

start
Can not understand anything you say... Can you speak english or Chinese?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░███████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:48:30 AM

constructive suggestions    Yeah......... I had a drill sergeant like that too.

Ha ha ha.  I'm not bossing anybody around like a drill sergent, I'm watching what you guys do on Crypti with no control over your actions.   And YOU are dissing ME?

I understand that PoT has been a key part of the Crypti concept from its inception.  But here's facts:

PoT didn't scale beyond a 50 node testnet.  PoT is currently off-line.  Outsiders have been called in to implement an improved PoT algorithm.  There has been no indication yet from devs or outsiders that an improved PoT algorithm is even feasible.  The bandwidth required by an improved PoT algorithm is unknown.  The max number of nodes that can be supported by an improved PoT algorithm in a one minute blocktime is unknown.  The steps and time required to test and verify an improved PoT algorithm is unknown.  The restart date of Crypti under an improved PoT algorithm is unknown.   And I have provided a reasonable numerical analysis (adjusted downward to accommodate YOUR constructive suggestions!) that PoT forging is going to require at least $3K of annual sales  per Crypti node to compensate participating forgers for their annual node expenses just so they can break even, yet there is no Crypti plan to throttle or control the number of PoT forging nodes that go online and so assure this break-even threshold is maintained for the good of the forgers.

Despite these facts, PoT is still Crypti's Plan A.

OK, so be it.

All I have been talking about is a vendor-and-commerce-oriented Crypti Plan B WITHOUT PoT as a backup if Crypti Plan A WITH PoT you guys are working on doesn't get back on track.

IF your drill sergeant was any good, he told you that no plan survives contact with the enemy.

That's why you had better have a Plan B in your back pocket when you go into battle, and a predetermined decision threshold  on when to use it.
Litoshi

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:53:48 AM

stuped or nice  Huh

start
Can not understand anything you say... Can you speak english or Chinese?

The chinese have idioms just like in US, that dont make sense translated.  Like "How's the old ball and chain" 'Havent seen you in a month of Sundays"  "He's two sheets into the wind" "Sent him a Dear John"  

Unless you know someone who as raised in China, you will never get the drift.  

Frankly reading his posts makes my brain hurt.

Litoshi

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:05:00 AM

constructive suggestions    Yeah......... I had a drill sergeant like that too.

Ha ha ha.  I'm not bossing anybody around like a drill sergent, I'm watching what you guys do on Crypti with no control over your actions.   And YOU are dissing ME?

I understand that PoT has been a key part of the Crypti concept from its inception.  But here's facts:

PoT didn't scale beyond a 50 node testnet.  PoT is currently off-line.  Outsiders have been called in to implement an improved PoT algorithm.  There has been no indication yet from devs or outsiders that an improved PoT algorithm is even feasible.  The bandwidth required by an improved PoT algorithm is unknown.  The max number of nodes that can be supported by an improved PoT algorithm in a one minute blocktime is unknown.  The steps and time required to test and verify an improved PoT algorithm is unknown.  The restart date of Crypti under an improved PoT algorithm is unknown.   And I have provided a reasonable numerical analysis (adjusted downward to accommodate YOUR constructive suggestions!) that PoT forging is going to require at least $3K of annual sales  per Crypti node to compensate participating forgers for their annual node expenses just so they can break even, yet there is no Crypti plan to throttle or control the number of PoT forging nodes that go online and so assure this break-even threshold is maintained for the good of the forgers.

Despite these facts, PoT is still Crypti's Plan A.

OK, so be it.

All I have been talking about is a vendor-and-commerce-oriented Crypti Plan B WITHOUT PoT as a backup if Crypti Plan A WITH PoT you guys are working on doesn't get back on track.

IF your drill sergeant was any good, he told you that no plan survives contact with the enemy.

That's why you had better have a Plan B in your back pocket when you go into battle, and a predetermined decision threshold  on when to use it.

Mal,

No coin, not TimeCoin, not NODE, or any other, has been able to successfully write a PoT algo so far.  If they had, we would have copied it. They either use random choices (NODE) like we are right now, or go by the timestamp. 

They are probably waiting for us to write it.

There are several different ways we are approaching it, including the sub-grouping you suggested two weeks ago.  Master nodes was suggested as well, but how do you trust a master node not to direct forging to particular nodes and lock out others?

I am not a coder but I do do flow charts very well, cutting my teeth on it in the late 70s.  We have laid out what we think will work, and now it is up to the outside programers and coders to make it work.  As a fallback, the algo may have to chose the next 10 forgers, send out the transactions, then have 10 minutes to ping all nodes and pick the next 10 forgers.  There are many roads to Rome, but only one that avoids the mountains.

As for contact with the enemy....... I know more about that than is fit to talk about.

Litoshi

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:11:07 AM

Mal,

If you are so upset at the progress here, and are worried about your investment, I suggest that the Foundation buy back your XCR for the IPO price.

Deal?

MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:22:38 AM

Mal,

If you are so upset at the progress here, and are worried about your investment, I suggest that the Foundation buy back your XCR for the IPO price.

Deal?

Thanks for the offer.  I'm hodling.
Litoshi

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:34:02 AM

Mal,

Deal?

Since the price of XCR is now BELOW the IPO price on Bter, that must mean that you have the utmost confidence that the Cryptsi team can deliver a highly competitive product to the crypto world and thus make a few bucks for yourself.

We thank you for your support.

5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:36:37 AM

Mal,

Deal?

Thanks for the offer.  I'm hodling.

Since the price of XCR is now BELOW the IPO price on Bter, that must mean that you have the utmost confidence that the Cryptsi team can deliver a highly competitive product to the crypto world and thus make a few bucks for yourself.

We all do bud. Mal has interesting views, I like different ways of thinking, always good to explore options.

That being said Cryptsy/Poloniex need to get on the same network, BTER 1% fee. Things like these can still be done easily.
Also curious as to what outsider developer(s?) you've brought in, as I take it they're known
zhongfeng

Activity: 120

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:39:37 AM

we need more update from the dev to promot.

imd1

Activity: 110

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:21:22 AM

Mal,

Deal?

Why do always write Cryptsi.. instead of Crypti ? Am I missing something ?

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:32:32 AM

Tried win client with same result - it worked and forged for some hours and then get stuck.  Cry
For now Crypti is not working for me  Embarrassed
I will stop all my nodes and wait for new version  Roll Eyes
karmacoma24

Activity: 178

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 11:59:27 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 06:09:36 PM by karmacoma24

Tried win client with same result - it worked and forged for some hours and then get stuck.  Cry
For now Crypti is not working for me  Embarrassed
I will stop all my nodes and wait for new version  Roll Eyes

Hello starik69,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I am running 12+ nodes at the moment on GetClouder / Digital Ocean without any significant problems. Plus I have one node forging on a Windows 7 desktop machine which has been running non-stop since 0.1.7 was released.

Until Boris et al optimize the code and replace the current database engine, the memory requirements for running a crypti node are indeed quite steep. However, I find if you throw enough memory at them your nodes will remain stable.

I'm always available in the #CryptiTalk IRC channel if ever you want to chat.

Kind regards, Karmacoma24.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Litoshi

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:41:53 PM

Mal,

Deal?

Why do always write Cryptsi.. instead of Crypti ? Am I missing something ?

Yeah, I have a friend who's nickname is Crispi.    That and Cryptsy get my fingers tangled up sometimes.

informer

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 01:00:09 PM

Tried win client with same result - it worked and forged for some hours and then get stuck.  Cry
For now Crypti is not working for me  Embarrassed
I will stop all my nodes and wait for new version  Roll Eyes

Hello starik69,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I am running 12+ nodes at the moment on GetClouder / Digital Ocean without any significant problems. Plus I have one node forging on a Windows 7 desktop machine which has been running non-stop since 0.1.7 was released.

Until Boris et al optimize the code and replace the current database engine, the memory requirements for running a crypti node are indeed quite steep. However, I find if you throw enough memory at them your nodes will remain stable.

I'm always available in the #CryptiTalk IRC channel if ever you want to chat.

Kind regards, Olivier (Karmacoma24).

I've found 4GB's RAM is essential in its current incarnation.

~informer

informer

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 01:22:26 PM

Don't forget to submit your daily Cryptsy Ticket Request!

~informer

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:26:37 PM

Any news from the dev?
Pages: « 1 ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 [398] 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: