Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:15:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804604 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
imd1

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:42:34 PM

The mindset all boils down to believing to be better than the cryptocurrency community or distancing oneself from it only to find out that the product you are creating and to whom you speak are the very same community you disregarded. Only when they find that out the people who stuck with them has already left.

...Ralph

Ohh i hope this just remains a theory for Crypti..

Though constructive criticism is good, it keeps one on their toes and the devil called complacency at bay.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:47:47 PM

Ralph said:

You come across as sincere and give a good and professional impression but truth is you could have waited 3 more months before releasing.

Ralph, the project was in development since February.  Funny thing about the coders and developers though, they needed to eat and pay rent.   Other specialized devs needed to be hired who also need to eat occasionally and pay their rent.  

Thats why the IPO/pre-sale was launched when it was.  This is also a common way of funding in the cryptocoin world.  I should not have to point out all the other projects relying on IPO funds to continue development. How much did you lose on coins that have launched and failed?  Like MaxCoin for instance......... all hat, no horse.  How about AuroraCoin?  What are your losses there?  

The days of issuing a coin that is a fork of Bitcoin or Litecoin with a fancy name are long gone.  Any coin hoping to succeed in the present market must be innovative, useful, and have a community behind it.

You mention partnerships.  Well, that may be the future here, but right now Crypti is still being potty-trained, its too early to marry her off.

The crypto coin world is also much like a poker game....... show your hand too early by publishing your code open source, and you have 27 copycats, 32 clones, and a cybersquatter.

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:57:19 PM

Keep in mind I can't give set timelines right now and those are best guesses at fairly positive, no issue development timelines. Rarely do you ever NOT run into issues so we will just have to keep you all updated on how things are going and hopefully we can all be patient and understand that at the end of all of this, we will have a much stronger foothold in the industry.

many thanks for the update..
Regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 04:00:20 PM

So let me just try to answer these as best I can.

1. What is ETA on permanent fix? If all goes well, we will start working with an external consultant on Monday to finalize a permanent solution to our initial PoT system as described. I believe this will take at least 2 weeks to find the solution and code it. That is just my internal rough estimate and is not meant to be final by any means. We have not announced this yet because we are finalizing terms on Monday after we get the documentation together with all of our algorithms, code, and what our intentions were, etc. We have had calls already and he and his partner are very interested and we are hoping to start Monday. Just for reference, they have done code / security reviews and audits for a lot of the top coins in the industry and have been doing so for a couple years now. They are very familiar with crypto currencies and the industry and how the code works and I believe will be able to work with us to find the best solution for Crypti. We felt like this was a necessary thing to do in order to ensure we fix some of the long standing issues with syncing, forking (on the old algo), and resource use. We will also be discussing our implementation plans for Custom Block Chains with them while we have them as a best use of our resources.

2. How about an ETA on Custom Block Chains? This is something I'm not as comfortable giving a timeframe on. This obviously depends on the work we do to get the PoT solution in order and working as planned. If it takes 2 weeks to complete the PoT, then it could take another 2-4 weeks after that to finalize Custom Block Chains. I know that sounds bad but remember that when we put out the initial timeline and roadmap, we thought our algorithm was good to go and that we would have had all of this time since launch to work on CMBs. With us having to do the temporary solution for PoT and go back to the drawing board so to speak with our initial solution, it will push the timeline for CMBs back as well.

3. Do we have a general ETA on the web design? The web DESIGN should be complete in 3-4 weeks. It will then need to be built which might take another week after that. Our goal is to sort of try and line up some of these developments so that we can launch the new PoT solution and node software with the launch of the new site. We would have loved to have had CMBs done for the new site which was our initial goal, but I just don't think we will make that timeline. Ultimately, we want to get this re-brand and new algo working and then sort of re-launch. Once that is all done and CMBs are done and working, we feel like we can start a broad marketing campaign to get the word out about Crypti and what it can do. But marketing without a solid web design and working wallets / CMBs (which is a main feature), I feel like the money would be wasted.

On top of that, we are working on coming up with some bounties and programs to help give back to the community and support you guys who have been supporting us. I am proposing one initiative in general that I think we will be doing a test run of, that I personally think you will all like and it will help reward those who are here now when we are in this sort of testing phase. I hope to be able to talk about it a little bit more soon.

I hope that helps answer some of your questions and clear the air a bit. If you have other questions, I will try to give as many specifics as I feel comfortable with and can give.

GreXX, thanks for the update, but the frustrating part, which I'm sure everyone agrees with me, is that you said those exact words 2 weeks ago (and work on it hasn't even started yet) :

Network Status Update

Please see our new blog post for an update on the status of the network and the interim solution.

http://blog.crypti.me/network-status-update/

Blog Post :

We are in a situation now where Crypti is close to 2 months behind schedule (excluding the current Roadmap you posted). With the Roadmap that you posted, I'd be surprised to even see Custom Blockchain Support this year, not spreading FUD, just my honest opinion based on what's happened in the past. I'll be holding onto my XCR, becuase I know that if Crypti becomes even slightly successful my XCR would be worth a whole lot, but please guys, try to at least hit the timeline that you've told us.

Vagnavs
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:19:03 PM

They have had some unexpected issues. Such as POT.. I also will continue to be a coin holder as I see there is lots of potential..
Regards,
Brian

Avalanche is a must own
LetMeKnow

Activity: 90

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:47:14 PM

Keep in mind I can't give set timelines right now and those are best guesses at fairly positive, no issue development timelines. Rarely do you ever NOT run into issues so we will just have to keep you all updated on how things are going and hopefully we can all be patient and understand that at the end of all of this, we will have a much stronger foothold in the industry.

Many Thanks for the detailed update, GreXX.

Just a humble opinion :
We community members should be patient with crypti devs and not demand updates in every 2 days, though it seems to be the norm in crypto.
I'm happy even if there are weekly detailed updates and targets about permanent PoT, CMBs, logo, web-design, etc.

Asking for updates every 2 days results in guesstimate timelines & increased expectations which then leads to frustration when the said timeline is not met due to new code issues which always seem to raise their ugly head in last moments.

It would be much better if we come into an agreement with devs to issue weekly updates on a predetermined day in the week, say Monday.
Then we can all look forward to Monday each week to get all relevant updates.

I would like us to be realistic and not set false expectations to ourselves about the future.

Hope it makes sense.

Thats a good idea! Having weekly updates on choosen day, so we dont have to ask all the time.

Anyway, im not selling my hard earned XCR so low! Wink
Vagnavs
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:51:16 PM

Many Thanks for the detailed update, GreXX.

Just a humble opinion :
We community members should be patient with crypti devs and not demand updates in every 2 days, though it seems to be the norm in crypto.
I'm happy even if there are weekly detailed updates and targets about permanent PoT, CMBs, logo, web-design, etc.

Asking for updates every 2 days results in guesstimate timelines & increased expectations which then leads to frustration when the said timeline is not met due to new code issues which always seem to raise their ugly head in last moments.

It would be much better if we come into an agreement with devs to issue weekly updates on a predetermined day in the week, say Monday.
Then we can all look forward to Monday each week to get all relevant updates.

I would like us to be realistic and not set false expectations to ourselves about the future.

Hope it makes sense.

Thats a good idea! Having weekly updates on choosen day, so we dont have to ask all the time.

Anyway, im not selling my hard earned XCR so low! Wink

+1
I concur that is a good idea. A set date for future updates..

Avalanche is a must own
amanai

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:25:15 PM

Zzyz, Didn't get what u mean.
Litoshi

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:02:32 PM

0.8 btc voleme ahahah. did projict.

i wait for 400 satosher,will be soon.look buys.3 btc for 500 satosher ahahh.dum psters panicks.

damm.so diead...dev crate price your friends.

He is saying:

0.8 BTC volume I projected

I will wait for 400 satoshi price.  It will be soon.  .3BTc were purchsed for 500 sats.  Dumb posters paniced

Damn, so dead.  Devs create price for friends.

Obviously, just another flame bait from our chinese friend ,  忘/王八蛋.

LetMeKnow

Activity: 90

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:57:48 PM

Thanks god Crypti wasnt trading on Mintpal V2!

I appears it was a scam all along!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=824211.0
Litoshi

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:16:51 PM

I dont think MintPal was a scam, but they were scammed by Moolah. 

The net deposited funds in MintPal were too tempting a target.  The take-over was nothing short of a bank raid.

It used to be a common tactic in the corporate world for Company A to buy-out Company B, which had a cash-rich retirement account,.
Then raid the retirement fund by having the fund buy the debt that Company A used to buy Company B.  Company B is then sold off in pieces for the book value of the assets, and the retirement fund goes bankrupt.

I am sure that "Alex Green" is now running from both the authorities and the criminal gangs that see an easy target. 

amanai

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:31:05 PM

0.8 btc voleme ahahah. did projict.

i wait for 400 satosher,will be soon.look buys.3 btc for 500 satosher ahahh.dum psters panicks.

damm.so diead...dev crate price your friends.

He is saying:

0.8 BTC volume I projected

I will wait for 400 satoshi price.  It will be soon.  .3BTc were purchsed for 500 sats.  Dumb posters paniced

Damn, so dead.  Devs create price for friends.

Obviously, just another flame bait from our chinese friend ,  忘/王八蛋.

Oh, I see. Thnx. Zzyz, keep calm, and u will win. Devs work hard.
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:51:23 PM

The same again - two days client forged (0 fees) and now hung and cannot recover  Cry
Litoshi

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:08:11 AM

The same again - two days client forged (0 fees) and now hung and cannot recover  Cry

yes, it happens to me as well.  Its a memory issue they will fix in the next version.

Restarting the node did not work for me, I have to restart the computer.

BTW, you are generating blocks and forging, just that there have not been many blocks with transactions lately.  If the GENERATED BLOCKS column fills up,those are your forged blocks, but without any fees earned.  The hite FORGED box is for earned fee totals.

A dozen today went thru about three hours ago.  I think it was the dice game dev.  Most were 1 XCR

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:25:48 AM

Is somebody can text me when it be time to buy?
Litoshi

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:13:34 AM

Is somebody can text me when it be time to buy?

Old advice from a stock trader:

The time to buy is when everyone else is selling.  The time to sell is when everyone else is buying.

jiuge

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:36:15 AM

So let me just try to answer these as best I can.

1. What is ETA on permanent fix? If all goes well, we will start working with an external consultant on Monday to finalize a permanent solution to our initial PoT system as described. I believe this will take at least 2 weeks to find the solution and code it. That is just my internal rough estimate and is not meant to be final by any means. We have not announced this yet because we are finalizing terms on Monday after we get the documentation together with all of our algorithms, code, and what our intentions were, etc. We have had calls already and he and his partner are very interested and we are hoping to start Monday. Just for reference, they have done code / security reviews and audits for a lot of the top coins in the industry and have been doing so for a couple years now. They are very familiar with crypto currencies and the industry and how the code works and I believe will be able to work with us to find the best solution for Crypti. We felt like this was a necessary thing to do in order to ensure we fix some of the long standing issues with syncing, forking (on the old algo), and resource use. We will also be discussing our implementation plans for Custom Block Chains with them while we have them as a best use of our resources.

2. How about an ETA on Custom Block Chains? This is something I'm not as comfortable giving a timeframe on. This obviously depends on the work we do to get the PoT solution in order and working as planned. If it takes 2 weeks to complete the PoT, then it could take another 2-4 weeks after that to finalize Custom Block Chains. I know that sounds bad but remember that when we put out the initial timeline and roadmap, we thought our algorithm was good to go and that we would have had all of this time since launch to work on CMBs. With us having to do the temporary solution for PoT and go back to the drawing board so to speak with our initial solution, it will push the timeline for CMBs back as well.

3. Do we have a general ETA on the web design? The web DESIGN should be complete in 3-4 weeks. It will then need to be built which might take another week after that. Our goal is to sort of try and line up some of these developments so that we can launch the new PoT solution and node software with the launch of the new site. We would have loved to have had CMBs done for the new site which was our initial goal, but I just don't think we will make that timeline. Ultimately, we want to get this re-brand and new algo working and then sort of re-launch. Once that is all done and CMBs are done and working, we feel like we can start a broad marketing campaign to get the word out about Crypti and what it can do. But marketing without a solid web design and working wallets / CMBs (which is a main feature), I feel like the money would be wasted.

On top of that, we are working on coming up with some bounties and programs to help give back to the community and support you guys who have been supporting us. I am proposing one initiative in general that I think we will be doing a test run of, that I personally think you will all like and it will help reward those who are here now when we are in this sort of testing phase. I hope to be able to talk about it a little bit more soon.

I hope that helps answer some of your questions and clear the air a bit. If you have other questions, I will try to give as many specifics as I feel comfortable with and can give.

GreXX, thanks for the update, but the frustrating part, which I'm sure everyone agrees with me, is that you said those exact words 2 weeks ago (and work on it hasn't even started yet) :

Network Status Update

Please see our new blog post for an update on the status of the network and the interim solution.

http://blog.crypti.me/network-status-update/

Blog Post :

We are in a situation now where Crypti is close to 2 months behind schedule (excluding the current Roadmap you posted). With the Roadmap that you posted, I'd be surprised to even see Custom Blockchain Support this year, not spreading FUD, just my honest opinion based on what's happened in the past. I'll be holding onto my XCR, becuase I know that if Crypti becomes even slightly successful my XCR would be worth a whole lot, but please guys, try to at least hit the timeline that you've told us.

God bless can we trust dev exchange or other people? What we can believe is just god?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░███████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░
░█████░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░████████░░░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

nonlinearboy

Activity: 703

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:48:58 AM

I dont think MintPal was a scam, but they were scammed by Moolah. 

The net deposited funds in MintPal were too tempting a target.  The take-over was nothing short of a bank raid.

It used to be a common tactic in the corporate world for Company A to buy-out Company B, which had a cash-rich retirement account,.
Then raid the retirement fund by having the fund buy the debt that Company A used to buy Company B.  Company B is then sold off in pieces for the book value of the assets, and the retirement fund goes bankrupt.

I am sure that "Alex Green" is now running from both the authorities and the criminal gangs that see an easy target. 

agreed ,the MintPal  and systeam were both scammed by Moolah.
anyway, it is trading enough in bter.
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:33:33 PM

Without giving away too much I am working on a solution/improvement to market stabilization in small/medium cap altcurrencies in general.
This system may apply to XCR in the future and I hope it will and I will approach XCR about it later, because I think XCR have the potential to fill a forgotten niche in the commerce market in a anon dominated market. As my idea is not a currency, my aim has never been to create another currency, but to create stability and increase of value to networks, by connecting things together and make innovative projects features being put to use where needed (XCR has many such features.).
I respectfully declined to join the foundation because my agenda like I said has not been to create a currency, but something else

I have not left the XCR project, but my passion for cryptocurrencies in general burns too deep for this current slow progress and low interest.

I could write an essay about what I feel need be doing, but in the end that is up to the foundation. And my opinion is just an opinion as anybody elses.
If I have offended anyone in the foundation, I apologize as it is not my intention, like I said my passion runs deep and sometimes get carried away. No offence.

As I mentioned in PMs, to understand where I am coming from, I run my own company and in start of things it went badly, I had to double up and take calculated risks and if they would fail it would've landed me in an even worse position financially. That or give up and take a regular job, or let my company deteoriate slowly.

That being said I am in a highly competitive market whereas I have to constantly adapt to trends. I may not be making profit in 6 months - a year.
Also that being said I am still in business as a result of taking calculated risks, cutting down on costs and improving my financial skills altogether by studying, reading books, drawing up endless examples and scenarios (what to do if things turn bad?), requesting constant feedback, looking at other companies financials, and comparing, market analysis, price analysis, amongst many other things. All in all, this all could have been done sooner had I not told myself that everything was fine or blaming on other elements (thanks human brain.) and a lot of headaches & sleepless nights could've been avoided.
I think my main thing that I learned is that it is always your own fault, there is always something you can do better.
Never blame anything else, bad market conditions & obstacles or whatever else there is.
Always improve always overcome regardless of conditions.

Which applies to what I have been saying, that I think the foundation has maybe become too big and too inefficient in their ways.
I suspect there is a little too much of naysayers, too cautioned: "But what if this happends, what if.. shouldn't we wait until we got this? Isn't it smarter to... Nah, I don't like this guy.. I don't know.. Do we want XCR to be affiliated with, bla bla bla" I think you get my idea. You can't win if you never play.

You are entrepreneurs in one of the most volatile and unstable markets on this globe yet seem scared to take any risks.
Where our interests align are financially and around new technology, whilst you have no obligation to deliver any of the above and nobody wants you to post fake stuff to increase the price but it is self explanatory that people do expect you to increase the value of the network and in turn give them a decent return for supporting you else there is no incentive for anyone to buy or support (forgers) it in the first place.
I have seen no such thing. And in turn, the forgers are giving up their computer memory and currently not receiving any satoshis for supporting your network.

My point is that you need to reconsider your plan. Reconsider how you handle your supporters and to start taking action to increase the value of your network.
My view is strictly market analysis. I want you to deliver and I want people to start seeing returns for believing in your project so that the network can thrive.

Don't take my post as an insult as I said I still support XCR that being said I highly disagree with a lot of your decisions or lack of thereof as of late.
It is pretty obvious you need to reevaluate how you are going to bring value to the network, get people interested in your project, and get people who's bought it returns. Because the whole network idea starts with the ordinary investor who buys. And I don't hope this will come in a month when PoT is done. This, now.

No more excuses. Until then I will watch this more passively. Best of luck.

5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 01:58:53 PM

You still haven't updated Poloniex (maybe Cryptsy too) to your last version by the way.

http://live.crypti.me/tx/1707677545600496897

Not getting the deposit, but it's sent from BTER, indicating that it's on Poloniex end.

Getting BTER up to phase with the version took roughly (30?) minutes so not sure why Poloniex is taking so long.

Thanks

^

Still this by the way
Pages: « 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: