Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:18:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804604 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GreXX

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 02:08:37 PM

Don't take my post as an insult as I said I still support XCR that being said I highly disagree with a lot of your decisions or lack of thereof as of late.
It is pretty obvious you need to reevaluate how you are going to bring value to the network, get people interested in your project, and get people who's bought it returns. Because the whole network idea starts with the ordinary investor who buys. And I don't hope this will come in a month when PoT is done. This, now.

No more excuses. Until then I will watch this more passively. Best of luck.

5000, no one on our team has taken anything you have said as an insult and we fully understand your sentiment. With that being said, please understand where we are coming from as the team responsible to the community and the one that took on this task. It wasn't easy for us to admit that our algo had issues and that we needed to re-think how our PoT was going to work. Since then, our primary focus has been on delivering what we promised. Until we can provide a working PoT, network incentives, marketing, or other promotions wouldn't help fix the underlying problem. If we can't show a working and stable network, why would anyone stick around once we get them here? So our thought process was that it would be wasted energy that could be used elsewhere.

We are constantly working on and re-thinking all of our strategies and interaction with the community. A lot of buzz popped up around Crypti because it was a new idea and because we are attempting to fix the problems a lot of currencies have. We are still building the exact same coin. A lot of the problem is that people lost confidence that we can deliver. In my mind, the quickest way to get them back on our side and involved isn't with gimmicks, but rather by doing what we haven't and simply delivering on what we have been promising. Our timeline may be slow to you but look at any other coin that is offering innovation and look at their struggles. It is common place to have issues like we are seeing at the birth of a new coin that brings a new system.

With all of that being said I do understand that we have some people who have been loyal and who are still here. We are working on something to help with this.

We weren't ready to do an official announcement yet but we are working on a script to run from the Foundation wallets that would transfer XCR every 60 seconds between accounts to provide a 1 XCR tx fee in every block. This will be instituted hopefully this week and would ensure that 1 XCR would be forged in every single block. We know that supporting and essentially helping test our network with 0 rewards in most blocks is frustrating. In order to reward those who have been loyal and who are helping with this process during this rough period, we want to make sure you are getting something in return. We will also be announcing bug bounty programs for those who catch issues in the current versions of the client and network.

I will announce more on these programs this week when we are ready to officially start the process.

Please understand that we listen to everything you say and that all of your opinions are very important to us. We know you are frustrated and that we can do more. We are open to ideas. I know you favor SuperNET and we actually had a majority that seemed positive about joining, but we want to deliver on our PoT first so that we have something to offer and can show progress.

We are working tirelessly to get to a point where we can show you the progress we are making and also to where we can focus on working with the community more and providing you all with a stable and innovative coin. Please don't give up yet. We are still going to build what we said we would. On our side, nothing has changed and we are working as hard as ever to build an innovative, unique, and revolutionary crypto currency for the commerce space with a system like no other. I know it is just words until we deliver, which many of you have pointed out. This is why we are focused on delivery.

As always we will keep you updated and appreciate your support! We will have an announcement about the new programs this week.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
karmacoma24

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

LiskHQ CTO

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 03:29:24 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 11:05:44 AM by karmacoma24

CryptiKit Update - Simple & easy Crypti node deployment and management.

Hello Everyone! Smiley Just tagged a small point release for CryptiKit which fixes a few issues.

Please download here: https://github.com/karmacoma/cryptikit/releases/tag/v1.6.1

If you don't know about CryptiKit and what it can do already, please read here:
- https://github.com/karmacoma/cryptikit/blob/v1.6.1/README.md

Changelog

• Fixed network fee calculation:
    Surplus withdrawals should now consistently leave a minimum of 1000 XCR plus some dust
  • Allowing withdrawal / deposit address to be specified from the command line  
    For example: rake withdraw_surplus address=4956977736153893179C
  • Re-factored number handling for better accuracy

Cheers, Smiley Karmacoma24.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
LetMeKnow

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:41:48 PM

Grexx,

you should contact Cryptsy and Poloniex to update their wallets. Those exchanges are almost useless for Crypti as we cant transfer XCR there.

This should be done by now when network is stable.
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:50:18 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 06:22:08 PM by 5000Bitcoins

Don't take my post as an insult as I said I still support XCR that being said I highly disagree with a lot of your decisions or lack of thereof as of late.
It is pretty obvious you need to reevaluate how you are going to bring value to the network, get people interested in your project, and get people who's bought it returns. Because the whole network idea starts with the ordinary investor who buys. And I don't hope this will come in a month when PoT is done. This, now.

No more excuses. Until then I will watch this more passively. Best of luck.

5000, no one on our team has taken anything you have said as an insult and we fully understand your sentiment. With that being said, please understand where we are coming from as the team responsible to the community and the one that took on this task. It wasn't easy for us to admit that our algo had issues and that we needed to re-think how our PoT was going to work. Since then, our primary focus has been on delivering what we promised. Until we can provide a working PoT, network incentives, marketing, or other promotions wouldn't help fix the underlying problem. If we can't show a working and stable network, why would anyone stick around once we get them here? So our thought process was that it would be wasted energy that could be used elsewhere.

We are constantly working on and re-thinking all of our strategies and interaction with the community. A lot of buzz popped up around Crypti because it was a new idea and because we are attempting to fix the problems a lot of currencies have. We are still building the exact same coin. A lot of the problem is that people lost confidence that we can deliver. In my mind, the quickest way to get them back on our side and involved isn't with gimmicks, but rather by doing what we haven't and simply delivering on what we have been promising. Our timeline may be slow to you but look at any other coin that is offering innovation and look at their struggles. It is common place to have issues like we are seeing at the birth of a new coin that brings a new system.

With all of that being said I do understand that we have some people who have been loyal and who are still here. We are working on something to help with this.

We weren't ready to do an official announcement yet but we are working on a script to run from the Foundation wallets that would transfer XCR every 60 seconds between accounts to provide a 1 XCR tx fee in every block. This will be instituted hopefully this week and would ensure that 1 XCR would be forged in every single block. We know that supporting and essentially helping test our network with 0 rewards in most blocks is frustrating. In order to reward those who have been loyal and who are helping with this process during this rough period, we want to make sure you are getting something in return. We will also be announcing bug bounty programs for those who catch issues in the current versions of the client and network.

I will announce more on these programs this week when we are ready to officially start the process.

Please understand that we listen to everything you say and that all of your opinions are very important to us. We know you are frustrated and that we can do more. We are open to ideas. I know you favor SuperNET and we actually had a majority that seemed positive about joining, but we want to deliver on our PoT first so that we have something to offer and can show progress.

We are working tirelessly to get to a point where we can show you the progress we are making and also to where we can focus on working with the community more and providing you all with a stable and innovative coin. Please don't give up yet. We are still going to build what we said we would. On our side, nothing has changed and we are working as hard as ever to build an innovative, unique, and revolutionary crypto currency for the commerce space with a system like no other. I know it is just words until we deliver, which many of you have pointed out. This is why we are focused on delivery.

As always we will keep you updated and appreciate your support! We will have an announcement about the new programs this week.

I think the 1 XCR fee per block is an excellent idea to compensate long time loyal supporters that I never thought about myself. Great initiative. My only input:
That is 1440 XCR per day, 10080 XCR a week (currently $22). Due to market conditions I would up the tX fee to 3 or 4, scaling down as price goes up.

As for my suggestion on Supernet it still stands and I still believe it to be the best course of action (yes, even in current state). Here's why:

#1 Supernet will add transactions to the network, PoT or not it will benefit it. Increase both networks value significantly, for both parties, XCR still have features to give to superNET in current state, and that is the forging network which will thrive upon addition.

#2 Supernet will give XCR the exposure it needs to new forgers/investors in meantime we wait for you to fix PoT, and also when you do release PoT it will be greatly celebrated to a wider audience and much more appreciated, than the complete market bleeding out for weeks before PoT comes out.

#3 Judging by current market conditions XCR will offer Supernet the investment opportunity of a lifetime, the two networks will inevitably stand to gain tremendeous financial and network value by partnering up.

#4 I do not share the view that XCR currently have nothing to give, it has a lot to give, and a lot of promise and upwards potential with anyone wanting to go into a partnership, given that they have somewhat patience (+2 weeks). In turn, I believe any partnership will strengthen the core, increase it's userbase and gain more exposure when you do deliver. Also it will award your loyal users, and give them brainstorming ideas on how more of XCRs features can be put to use in other networks.

#5 I do not agree that the product has to be finalized to look/join partnerships. For example most venture capitalists are only investing because of the persons behind it, or the idea behind it, not necessarily a finalized product. It can be pending patents behind it for example or any other obstacles but fact will remain that the idea is intact. It's still there, and why make such an investment? Because of the risk it carries, the price will be low. Such as our current market conditions.
When all is already set and safe, the price will ultimately be much much higher for such an investment. So the leverage becomes just that. Huge upside potential.
In this case the idea is intact, and the developers team is competent and will suceed with their task. So I believe you are still making excuses.

To keep my views simple: (I can be too incoherent & rambling at times)
For partners - XCR is a good partnering opportunity for other networks, with huge upside potential in the near term aswell as in the process contributing to getting network solid thus increasing it's value.
For XCR - Network needs to gain exposure, activity, transactions, strengthening of network and awarding loyal supporters. Without this there is no network.
Network activity = value in network increase for all participants. Participants increase. Hard to do without partnering up since community is small.
XCR thrives on exposure.

Conclusion
I don't think you should wait. I think the time for excuses is up or waiting for this and that and that it is time for action.
I think it's time you recognize you have potential and you have it now. That the network can still increase substantially in value until PoT is out by making the right quick decisions and by the time PoT is out XCR is already a success so that it will just add another layer of unstoppable momentum.
Solid developers team, hardworking people, a small yet loyal following and an intact idea to change commerce.
That you will suceed with your task is inevitable to me, however what you do up until you reach that will define how succesful it will be perceived.

It's time to stop waiting for what you don't currently have and start using what you do have. I think it is a mistake to dismiss anything in the current state.
And I think it is a mistake to wait until PoT to start partnerships.

As for PoT versus my own experience, the strength lies in realizing you've made a mistake and then correct it nothing more to it really.
It's a hard truth to realize you could ever be wrong, but not to be confused with low confidence nor failure, I'd say it is the contrary, in the end you'll get better.
As for myself, my breakthrough came after realizing I was originally wrong and had to change my approach.
If everyone was right from the start, everybody would be billionaires and every business would work flawlessly from scratch.

Tough love from me today but still have faith.

5KB

imd1

Activity: 110

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:59:33 PM

Thanks for the update and re-assuring words, GreXX.

The things mentioned by 5000 are valid and makes sense. Forging throughout the day without any reward is not cool and the slow pace of
development we've had plays tug-of-war with our belief in Crypti and you guys.

However I'm here from the start of IPO and still believe in Crypti and would continue to do so..

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 05:15:21 PM

Thanks for the update and re-assuring words, GreXX.

The things mentioned by 5000 are valid and makes sense. Forging throughout the day without any reward is not cool and the slow pace of
development we've had plays tug-of-war with our belief in Crypti and you guys.

However I'm here from the start of IPO and still believe in Crypti and would continue to do so..

I've been here since the start of the IPO, and despite my criticism, I'm still a Crypti supporter. I still hold all my XCR from the IPO (those, that I've sold I've bought back at a lower price), and will continue to hold far into the future...
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:09:47 PM

I've been here since the start of the IPO, and despite my criticism, I'm still a Crypti supporter. I still hold all my XCR from the IPO (those, that I've sold I've bought back at a lower price), and will continue to hold far into the future...

I hold the same view. I look for good things and that worried about daily fluctuations. It's more about the long-term. If they deliver, the price will appreciate modestly Smiley

Avalanche is a must own
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:11:33 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 08:24:58 PM by MalReynolds

I too remain invested in Crypti and offer my encouragement to the devs to keep up their commitment and hard work.  

I believe that Crypti can still succeed BIG TIME even if the PoT algorithm is eventually proven infeasible.  What makes Crypti special is its emphasis on commerce.

If you have say 500 vendors running a $75 Crypti node based on a cubieboard2 or a PCduino  ( maybe this ), then the Crypti network is secure.  The cost of running that network becomes a trivial business expense funded by a tiny increase in vendor sales costs, not forging fees captured from running a  node.

(And such a Crypti network would be a HELL of a lot cheaper than the Bitcoin miner ASIC rat-race).

If the Crypti network can be secured solely by vendors running under just PoI/PoP, WHAT IS THE REASON FOR TRYING TO IMPLEMENT PoT?  
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:39:05 PM

I too remain invested in Crypti and offer my encouragement to the devs to keep up their commitment and hard work. 

I believe that Crypti can still succeed BIG TIME even if the PoT algorithm is eventually proven infeasible.  What makes Crypti special is its emphasis on commerce.

If you have say 500 vendors running a $75 Crypti node based on a cubieboard2 or a PCduino  ( http://www.pcduino.com/ ), then the Crypti network is secure.  The cost of running that network becomes a trivial business expense funded by a tiny increase in vendor sales costs, not forging fees captured from running a  node.

(And such a Crypti network would be a HELL of a lot cheaper than the Bitcoin miner ASIC rat-race).

If the Crypti network can be secured solely by vendors running under just PoI/PoP, WHAT IS THE REASON FOR TRYING TO IMPLEMENT PoT?  

With PoT, we reward forgers for keeping the network up.  Otherwise, we would either need a continuous central system for network continuity, or use a Proof of Stake system like NXT, where a few whales get all the forging earnings.  The PoT value resets after a successful bloc is forged, giving every up-node a turn at forging.  Any coin without active miners has a network continuity problem.

PoI, Proof of Identity, is used to assure a user that a merchant has been verified by Cryptsi, and to reward merchants for using XCR:

An application, 1000XCR,  and verification by10 forgers are necessary to become a verified merchant.  The 10 forgers split the 1000XCR equally.  After this, the merchant will be identified by a unique address and will receive half of the transaction fees generated from his sales. 

PoP, Proof of Purchase, is a simple algo to add a little weight, but not a lot of weight, to a potential forger

You also mentioned running a node off a cubieboard, or a microPC type computer.  That is already something the devs are working on. 

Bitseed

Activity: 97

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 09:06:57 PM

I believe that Crypti can still succeed BIG TIME even if the PoT algorithm is eventually proven infeasible.  What makes Crypti special is its emphasis on commerce.

If you have say 500 vendors running a $75 Crypti node based on a cubieboard2 or a PCduino  ( http://www.pcduino.com/ ), then the Crypti network is secure.  The cost of running that network becomes a trivial business expense funded by a tiny increase in vendor sales costs, not forging fees captured from running a  node.

With PoT, we reward forgers for keeping the network up.  Otherwise, we would either need a continuous central system for network continuity, or use a Proof of Stake system like NXT, where a few whales get all the forging earnings.  The PoT value resets after a successful bloc is forged, giving every up-node a turn at forging.  Any coin without active miners has a network continuity problem.

PoI, Proof of Identity, is used to assure a user that a merchant has been verified by Cryptsi, and to reward merchants for using XCR:

An application, 1000XCR,  and verification by10 forgers are necessary to become a verified merchant.  The 10 forgers split the 1000XCR equally.  After this, the merchant will be identified by a unique address and will receive half of the transaction fees generated from his sales. 

PoP, Proof of Purchase, is a simple algo to add a little weight, but not a lot of weight, to a potential forger

You also mentioned running a node off a cubieboard, or a microPC type computer.  That is already something the devs are working on. 

Thanks for your suggestions, Mal.

The pcDuino is a top contender to replace the current candidate Cubie boards, reducing cost without sacrificing performance. We are meeting with the pcDuino manufacturer tomorrow to discuss, among other things, adding more RAM to pcDuino so it can reliably run Crypti along with another PoS type coin, most notably NXT. This would also be useful for running Supernet alongside Crypti.

There is a plan being worked on to introduce the Crypti coinbox at or even below cost to encourage operation of independent nodes. The box is being designed to run two coins so another coin with larger forging rewards or other features may be run for more revenue while the Crypti network grows. The box has a SATA port so it is well configured to even run a storage coin like Storj or Maidsafe by adding a SATA drive. The numbers being considered are 500-1000 nodes. The final number will be determined based on consultation with the independent vendor reviewing the Crypti code for security.

The system will also form the core of the mesh networking node to be released at a later date.

Bitseed - dedicated full node hardware
jari76

Activity: 165

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:21:03 PM

The pcDuino is a top contender to replace the current candidate Cubie boards, reducing cost without sacrificing performance. We are meeting with the pcDuino manufacturer tomorrow to discuss, among other things, adding more RAM to pcDuino so it can reliably run Crypti along with another PoS type coin, most notably NXT. This would also be useful for running Supernet alongside Crypti.

There is a plan being worked on to introduce the Crypti coinbox at or even below cost to encourage operation of independent nodes. The box is being designed to run two coins so another coin with larger forging rewards or other features may be run for more revenue while the Crypti network grows. The box has a SATA port so it is well configured to even run a storage coin like Storj or Maidsafe by adding a SATA drive. The numbers being considered are 500-1000 nodes. The final number will be determined based on consultation with the independent vendor reviewing the Crypti code for security.

The system will also form the core of the mesh networking node to be released at a later date.

Thanks for the info, seems like an awesome idea for poS coins Cheesy

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bitseed

Activity: 97

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 10:52:02 PM

Thanks, glad you like it.

We are following the proven model of cellphones, where the carrier would subsidize the cost of the handset to the customer in exchange for a contract of long enough duration to pay for the actual cost of the phone. This has been a very successful marketing strategy to promote widespread use of cellphones.

Happily, in the case of the Crypti box,  in exchange for running Crypti along with the coin of his choice, the customer receives a device which can make him money, and be used for a Point of Sale system in his business, instead of costing him money for a service contract, other than the electricity at a low price.

The box is also pre-configured and self updating for ease of use and convenience to encourage mass adoption, along the lines of Apple products. Early adopters who participate are also encouraged to contribute to testing and continued development of the system.

Bitseed - dedicated full node hardware
5000Bitcoins

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:34:35 AM

Thanks, glad you like it.

We are following the proven model of cellphones, where the carrier would subsidize the cost of the handset to the customer in exchange for a contract of long enough duration to pay for the actual cost of the phone. This has been a very successful marketing strategy to promote widespread use of cellphones.

Happily, in the case of the Crypti box,  in exchange for running Crypti along with the coin of his choice, the customer receives a device which can make him money, and be used for a Point of Sale system in his business, instead of costing him money for a service contract, other than the electricity at a low price.

The box is also pre-configured and self updating for ease of use and convenience to encourage mass adoption, along the lines of Apple products. Early adopters who participate are also encouraged to contribute to testing and continued development of the system.

I did not know about this.
Awesome idea to expand the network. Good luck today.
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:10:59 PM

Oh, now i cannot run Crypti even for two hours, not days. With enough memory it hangs and not recovering.  Sad
Seems this 1 coin for block reward is not for me  Cry
Litoshi

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:20:49 PM

Oh, now i cannot run Crypti even for two hours, not days. With enough memory it hangs and not recovering.  Sad

When it hangs, restart the computer, not just the node.

I now use an old laptop as the node, with the node  as the only program running, other than the other 40 window's stuff.  It does hang after 4 or 5 days, so then I restart it.

The devs are working on the mem problem, as related in a post two days ago.

informer

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 02:03:50 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 02:15:30 PM by informer

Oh, now i cannot run Crypti even for two hours, not days. With enough memory it hangs and not recovering.  Sad
Seems this 1 coin for block reward is not for me  Cry

I now use an old laptop as the node, with the node  as the only program running, other than the other 40 window's stuff.  It does hang after 4 or 5 days, so then I restart it.

Thought I'd share some anecdotal notes:

I'm running one Windows Wallet on an old core2duo with 4 GB's RAM from the house. I have some QoS rules in my router which allows me to prefer traffic to its IP. I don't know if it helps or not as I have not had the time to do some real testing. It's been up for over a week now without restarting or rebooting. It only uses about 20-30MB's or RAM and never goes over 5% CPU usage. Same goes for a AWS t2.micro running Windows server 2012 R2 Standard. Same performance essentially.

However, it seems if I want to run a linux box, I have to run it on a t2.medium which has two proc's and 4 GB's of RAM. On the medium Linux box, crypti uses about 2.5 Gb's of RAM. If I run it on anything smaller (on AWS) it will fork due to out of memory issues. I also have several instances on Digital Ocean that exhibit the same behavior.

~informer

informer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 02:11:59 PM

Grexx,

you should contact Cryptsy and Poloniex to update their wallets. Those exchanges are almost useless for Crypti as we cant transfer XCR there.

This should be done by now when network is stable.

+1

~informer

Litoshi

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:14:07 PM

I now use an old laptop as the node, with the node  as the only program running, other than the other 40 window's stuff.  It does hang after 4 or 5 days, so then I restart it.

I'm running one Windows Wallet on an old core2duo with 4 GB's RAM from the house. I have some QoS rules in my router which allows me to prefer traffic to its IP. I don't know if it helps or not as I have not had the time to do some real testing. It's been up for over a week now without restarting or rebooting. It only uses about 20-30MB's or RAM and never goes over 5% CPU usage. Same goes for a AWS t2.micro running Windows server 2012 R2 Standard. Same performance essentially.

However, it seems if I want to run a linux box, I have to run it on a t2.medium which has two proc's and 4 GB's of RAM. On the Linux box, crypti uses about 2.5 Gb's of RAM. If I run it on anything smaller (on AWS) it will fork due to out of memory issues. I also have several instances on Digital Ocean that exhibit the same behavior.

~informer

20-30MB or RAM?  sounds like it is not really running.  Look at the blockchain page.  Is it current to the correct time?  The node can stall, and still the window will appear normal, but no updating of the bc.

Check your Resource Monitor in windows.  Under the memory tab, there should be 3 "node.exe" running.  One of them should be around 700MB.  

If you only have 2 instances of "node.exe" you are not forging.

informer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 02:37:20 PM

However, it seems if I want to run a linux box, I have to run it on a t2.medium which has two proc's and 4 GB's of RAM. On the Linux box, crypti uses about 2.5 Gb's of RAM. If I run it on anything smaller (on AWS) it will fork due to out of memory issues. I also have several instances on Digital Ocean that exhibit the same behavior.

~informer

20-30MB or RAM?  sounds like it is not really running.  Look at the blockchain page.  Is it current to the correct time?  The node can stall, and still the window will appear normal, but no updating of the bc.

Check your Resource Monitor in windows.  Under the memory tab, there should be 3 "node.exe" running.  One of them should be around 700MB.  

If you only have 2 instances of "node.exe" you are not forging.

I'm positive it's forging.

I was only looking at the nw.exe. Yeah, in the Resource Monitor it shows 3 node.exes's and they're using about a GB of memory. thanks for the info Lit.

~informer

informer

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 03:00:30 PM

while we were looking at the windows node it appears my t2.medium linux box forged 281 XCR:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

~informer

Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: