Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:42:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 [1805] 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:00:00 AM

Developers must take focus on adding features to NEM . CEO should look into different types of marketing strategy to make a great rebound . At the ath $1.50 now down to $.35 while BTC is still on a roll, NEM must rely on this momentum and convince investors that Catapult is one great product NEM has come up with.

BTC is about to crash and burn which will take XEM to even lower lows.  Lon Wong (the CEO) is a shithead who took XEM and blew it the fuck up with his senseless FUDing of exchanges with their tainting.  We all get to suffer 2x now - normal market crash + his idiocy.

Days since ATH and percentage drop since then.

Bitcoin: 79 days, 45%
Ethereum: 51, 42%
Ripple: 61, 76%
Bitcoin Cash: 76, 72%
Litecoin: 77, 46%
Cardano: 61, 78%
NEO: 49, 45%
Stellar: 61, 63%
Monero: 58, 28%
EOS: 52, 59%
IOTA: 76, 70%
DASH: 76, 65%
NEM: 61, 84%

While NEM has indeed fallen 2x more than the btc, eth, litecoin. Its not as bad when you compare to some of the other top Alts. Of course the theft was going to have an increased effect on any downswing, but if there is to be a recovery, NEM has the biggest potential gains to be had

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:10:36 AM

Developers must take focus on adding features to NEM . CEO should look into different types of marketing strategy to make a great rebound . At the ath $1.50 now down to $.35 while BTC is still on a roll, NEM must rely on this momentum and convince investors that Catapult is one great product NEM has come up with.

BTC is about to crash and burn which will take XEM to even lower lows.  Lon Wong (the CEO) is a shithead who took XEM and blew it the fuck up with his senseless FUDing of exchanges with their tainting.  We all get to suffer 2x now - normal market crash + his idiocy.

While NEM has indeed fallen 2x more than the btc, eth, litecoin. Its not as bad when you compare to some of the other top Alts. Of course the theft was going to have an increased effect on any downswing, but if there is to be a recovery, NEM has the biggest potential gains to be had

It would be interesting to know the percentage of growth since the all time low too.

I guess xem would be very well placed there.
awais3344_1

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:07:41 PM

the market is bearish, but isn't that normal in crypto? I see so much crying in this thread.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:28:42 PM
Merited by jkoil (2)

My problem is that I with no warning lost access to my log in email address. On *most* ordinary sites if that happens you simply log into your profile page and change it and that's it. But with some of these crypto trading sites, Cryptopia and SpectroCoin included, there is no way to do that. If you lose access to your email address, you just lost all your funds. I had no idea an email address was such a point of failure. BitTrex has a process for changing your email address and their support is responsive. Poloniex says there is no way to change it, and fortunately in that case I'd activated 2FA only confirmation for withdrawals, plus I don't have anything significant on there, so I'll just create a new account.

What happened with your email access ?

The domain provider went dark with no warning. I had used that address for years and everything seemed fine. I had to go through the process of changing my profile email address on BitTrex, CoinBase, DNotes Vault and a few other places. The process varied widely in terms of how straightforward it was. It was a piece of cake on Coinbase and DNotes Vault. I had to go through support and provide a whole bunch of information on BitTrex, but they did change it and I'm happily logging in there with my new email address. Poloniex said that they can't change it and all I can do is open up a new account. Fortunately I don't have any assets there and even if I did, I'd enabled 2FA confirmation so email confirm is bypassed which had also been the case on BitTrex before they made the change. If my home IP address ever changes, that's when I'll have issues.

And I have great news! Late last night Cryptopia finally got back to me and informed me that I had provided them with enough details for them to make the change to my profile email address on my account with them. Yay! I'll try to log in tomorrow once enough time has passed for the change to populate.

So now I'm just waiting on SpectroCoin. They are communicating with me, but really dragging their feet. Right now they are telling me that since I can't verify my account in the first place, there is nothing they can do. Well, I wasn't verified on Cryptopia either so I sent SpectroCoin a copy of Cryptopia's reply saying that if Cryptopia can do it, so can SpectroCoin. I will keep bugging them about it until I get my way, and more importantly, my funds.

My recommendation is that you use a gmail address to register on anything crypto-related, because Google is too big to fail and the most likely provider to still be around ten years from now. However, if Google ever shows signs of cracking, then you will want to find a new email provider and change over all your accounts or transfer all your assets *before* you lose any email access.

One feature that would be good for any cryptocurrency site to implement since profile email addresses are so darned important and inflexible would be a place to store up to five backup or recovery email addresses that a user could enter ahead of time and in the event of losing access to the main email address, they can seamlessly switch over to one of the backup email addresses.
Hyjinx

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:06:49 PM

You're the same troll from reddit. Idk why you copy+paste your feelings everywhere.
The hack was the fault of Coincheck, the exchange that held XEM in an insecure wallet. NEM / Lon Wong didn't have to help track the stolen funds. This is extra commitment on their/his part.
The "tainting" is a simple Mosaic that helps us track the funds. It's not a contagious disease.
If coinpayments.net CEO hadn't been allowing the hacker to launder the tainted funds through their system, it would have been much more difficult for the hacker to dump so much XEM in the markets.

But it is what it is. Consider it a redistribution of wealth.  Now we just enjoy the low prices while we can, and continue to close in on the hacker.

There is a lot of great things going for NEM right now!
-Exchanges have reactivated XEM trading.
-New wallet with extra features released.
-Lot of events/meetups scheduled to bring attention to NEM.
-Nearly everyday one can learn of new projects planned to utilize NEM blockchain.
-Polls ongoing / NEM entering new markets.
-Catapult will be released soon.
-Charts show nice little waves now. Price holding steady above 3k sats.
-Japanese crypto markets starting to become more active again.
-Coincheck allowing JPY withdrawals for the stolen XEM, at more than double the current market price! (about 88 cents) Anyone with stolen XEM can now rebuy double the amount they had stolen.

I think it's all up from here. If you consider everything that has gone on and is taking place now, you'd realize that without a cataclysmic event, the situation really couldn't get much worse.
I forsee some serious money hitting the XEM market. Possibly doubling the price overnight. It is currently way undervalued.

LOL!  So is it all up from here?  Really?
leoinker

Activity: 107
Merit: 24

Here to help however I can.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 06:47:27 PM

I never said the market has perfect sailing conditions. But unless an asteroid hits, the situation for NEM will only improve. I think that is an understatement. 
Catapult isn't just a new paint job. It's new everything from the lug nuts to the turbo. If you're trading. Watch for those volume spikes.  Wink

twitter: @leoinker | Find this post helpful? Merit it! Then donate some XEM: NDKYQJKJ5N5WTNNM5CXDJ3FNAACULZMN7DVARZH6 Smiley
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 06:51:55 PM

This is interesting. I guess the NEM hack was a big event indeed when it comes to affecting the price. Wonder what the next catalyst for an upward price movement might be. Perhaps the release of Catapult? Other projects built on NEM?
Hyjinx

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:28:40 PM

This is interesting. I guess the NEM hack was a big event indeed when it comes to affecting the price. Wonder what the next catalyst for an upward price movement might be. Perhaps the release of Catapult? Other projects built on NEM?

XEM is fucked for a long time.  Without a general market recovery (led by BTC) there is no hope for a sustained rebound that wouldn't be sold off by hungry baghodlers.  Even if there is a BTC led recovery the Alts won't move or bleed more anyway as BTC drains whatever is left.  In markets like this news just doesn't matter because no one is paying attention anyway - at least not in the numbers necessary to lift the price and sustain it.
leoinker

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 07:44:54 PM
Merited by gentlemand (3)

There was no NEM hack. It was a crypto exchange that was hacked. The stolen funds were XEM. (The hacker has good taste)
The exchange did not use some basic security measures available to them, nor the more advances security measures NEM provides.
This hack was a greater loss than the famous MtGOX hack that crashed the markets years back. With latest hack, the markets have survived quite well in comparison.

Japan is the global leader in crypto trading, processing around 60% of the world volume. The coincheck hack affected all markets. With XEM being the coin of choice by both the hacker, and Japan as a whole (XEM is #2 coin in Japan), NEM received most of the FUD.  

I outlined several market catalysts in my previous post. Hyjinx understands nothing of the functions of NEM, nor it's impact on the real world. He's a doomsdayer that throws various cryptos in the midst of his speech.
"F this, F that! F me, F u. Planet X is gonna kill us all F! F! F!"

twitter: @leoinker | Find this post helpful? Merit it! Then donate some XEM: NDKYQJKJ5N5WTNNM5CXDJ3FNAACULZMN7DVARZH6 Smiley
RTBc

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:58:30 PM

To check if wallet is synced, look at coin info page, search "XEM" and check block height: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=XEM
Then compare block height shown on cryptopia, to the correct current block height in your favorite block explorer: http://explorer.ournem.com/#/

It's common for a wallet to fall behind by some amount of blocks, but cryptopia's has been stuck on block 1531313 for some time.
Today all node connections dropped to 0. It should be 400+

I think i have the same problem: I sent some XEM from my bitter account to my cryptopia account. Normally this goes very fast but now i am waiting nearly a day!
The transacties is on the blockchain.
So what is the problem by cryptopia that i do not get my XEM?
Please can somebody help me
leoinker

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 08:17:29 PM

RTBc, Triple-check:
-Cryptopia Deposit History
-Receiving address
-Required message
-The Block your transaction is included in
-The block height shown on cryptopia coininfo page (https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/)

If Cryptopia does not show your deposit in the history, but is showing a block height greater than 20 above the block your transaction is included in, as shown in block explorer, Then I am afraid there is no work around. You will need to open a support ticket providing the required information, then wait for Cryptopia to apply the fix.

*Edit* I just wanted to add: I have been making deposits to Cryptopia. Some deposit extremely fast. Others do not show up at all. This seems to be an intermittent issue.
All of my deposits that do confirm within Cryptopia require the Buy 50k Sats work around.

jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:21:56 PM

My problem is that I with no warning lost access to my log in email address. On *most* ordinary sites if that happens you simply log into your profile page and change it and that's it. But with some of these crypto trading sites, Cryptopia and SpectroCoin included, there is no way to do that. If you lose access to your email address, you just lost all your funds. I had no idea an email address was such a point of failure. BitTrex has a process for changing your email address and their support is responsive. Poloniex says there is no way to change it, and fortunately in that case I'd activated 2FA only confirmation for withdrawals, plus I don't have anything significant on there, so I'll just create a new account.

What happened with your email access ?

The domain provider went dark with no warning. I had used that address for years and everything seemed fine. I had to go through the process of changing my profile email address on BitTrex, CoinBase, DNotes Vault and a few other places. The process varied widely in terms of how straightforward it was. It was a piece of cake on Coinbase and DNotes Vault. I had to go through support and provide a whole bunch of information on BitTrex, but they did change it and I'm happily logging in there with my new email address. Poloniex said that they can't change it and all I can do is open up a new account. Fortunately I don't have any assets there and even if I did, I'd enabled 2FA confirmation so email confirm is bypassed which had also been the case on BitTrex before they made the change. If my home IP address ever changes, that's when I'll have issues.

And I have great news! Late last night Cryptopia finally got back to me and informed me that I had provided them with enough details for them to make the change to my profile email address on my account with them. Yay! I'll try to log in tomorrow once enough time has passed for the change to populate.

So now I'm just waiting on SpectroCoin. They are communicating with me, but really dragging their feet. Right now they are telling me that since I can't verify my account in the first place, there is nothing they can do. Well, I wasn't verified on Cryptopia either so I sent SpectroCoin a copy of Cryptopia's reply saying that if Cryptopia can do it, so can SpectroCoin. I will keep bugging them about it until I get my way, and more importantly, my funds.

My recommendation is that you use a gmail address to register on anything crypto-related, because Google is too big to fail and the most likely provider to still be around ten years from now. However, if Google ever shows signs of cracking, then you will want to find a new email provider and change over all your accounts or transfer all your assets *before* you lose any email access.

One feature that would be good for any cryptocurrency site to implement since profile email addresses are so darned important and inflexible would be a place to store up to five backup or recovery email addresses that a user could enter ahead of time and in the event of losing access to the main email address, they can seamlessly switch over to one of the backup email addresses.

Poloniex's answer is little bit strange. Like they would not understand that the email address is dead and still you are the only one, who can access the Poloniex account (you know the user name and password). If you would have 1 BTC in that account, Poloniex could at least freeze the account for a year and wait, if there will be anyone else requiring the account's 1 BTC.  

"backup recovery addresses" - Good idea.

Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:24:23 PM

RTBc, Triple-check:
-Cryptopia Deposit History
-Receiving address
-Required message
-The Block your transaction is included in
-The block height shown on cryptopia coininfo page (https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/)

If Cryptopia does not show your deposit in the history, but is showing a block height greater than 20 above the block your transaction is included in, as shown in block explorer, Then I am afraid there is no work around. You will need to open a support ticket providing the required information, then wait for Cryptopia to apply the fix.

*Edit* I just wanted to add: I have been making deposits to Cryptopia. Some deposit extremely fast. Others do not show up at all. This seems to be an intermittent issue.
All of my deposits that do confirm within Cryptopia require the Buy 50k Sats work around.

well  they always take their time to credit it. So i would just be patient or open a ticket
leoinker

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 09:00:47 PM

I would open a ticket. In case there is a real issue requiring their specific involvement in your case, you will want to get in the queue (currently 28 days predicted wait period)
If they resolve the issue before then, and your deposit shows up. Please close your support ticket.
Creating a ticket for failed XEM deposits will also show how important NEM is to the community, and exemplify our demand for smooth XEM deposits.

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:46:14 PM

I would open a ticket. In case there is a real issue requiring their specific involvement in your case, you will want to get in the queue (currently 28 days predicted wait period)
If they resolve the issue before then, and your deposit shows up. Please close your support ticket.
Creating a ticket for failed XEM deposits will also show how important NEM is to the community, and exemplify our demand for smooth XEM deposits.

Im hearing that Cryptopia are telling some of their users that support tickets are currently taking 45 days to resolve!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
leoinker

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 11:15:18 PM

Im hearing that Cryptopia are telling some of their users that support tickets are currently taking 45 days to resolve!
Yes. Wait times will vary depending on the coin, and which issue it is. Cryptopia has a lot of crap coin in their markets. Some are continually being 51% attacked, others have crappy developers, wallet issues, etc. Every issue is compounded by the fact that cryptopia user base has expanded so quickly. Currently automated response to new tickets is to wait 28 days for a response.

There is one crapcoin that has been 51% attacked 3 or 4 times in the past month. Each time, traders in this coin get upset with cryptopia when they can't make transactions, but the root of the problem is in the crapcoin itself, then the Cryptopia team is constantly having to get their crapcoin wallet back on the correct chain.
Cryptopia team is so swamped with issues like that, that they can't or won't devote enough time to problems with quality coin, like XEM. Afterall, anyone can pay Cryptopia to list their coin, so they do have an obligation to provide some sort of service to them.

ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 11:15:51 PM

There was no NEM hack. It was a crypto exchange that was hacked. The stolen funds were XEM. (The hacker has good taste)
The exchange did not use some basic security measures available to them, nor the more advances security measures NEM provides.
This hack was a greater loss than the famous MtGOX hack that crashed the markets years back. With latest hack, the markets have survived quite well in comparison.

Japan is the global leader in crypto trading, processing around 60% of the world volume. The coincheck hack affected all markets. With XEM being the coin of choice by both the hacker, and Japan as a whole (XEM is #2 coin in Japan), NEM received most of the FUD.  

I outlined several market catalysts in my previous post. Hyjinx understands nothing of the functions of NEM, nor it's impact on the real world. He's a doomsdayer that throws various cryptos in the midst of his speech.
"F this, F that! F me, F u. Planet X is gonna kill us all F! F! F!"

All the market cares about is an excess supply, which can cause a sustained price drop. This isn't the first time or the last time this happens in crypto. I am sure that will be absorbed by the market, but at a cost. Actually from the peak, NEM's fall has been similar to BTC's fall after MtGox. We don't know how the stolen BTC were liquidated back then though, since that liquidation still seems to be going on.

I am not aware of your analysis of market catalysts for NEM. Mind sharing a link?
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:46:23 PM

Any news on distribution of the NEM silver coin fund from NXT asset exchange days?

Also, I see on NEM rich list some huge accounts for dev funds and marketing which is great, but where are details of how those funds are being spent?
leoinker

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 11:49:34 PM

I didn't list all the potential catalysts, I just threw a few out off the top of my head. They are back just one page here on this thread. Page 1811
One thing I didn't mention, is that NEM has one of the largest marketing budgets, if not the largest, of any crypto. And once catapult is launched, I'm sure the marketing will ramp up accordingly.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:36:59 AM

Poloniex's answer is little bit strange. Like they would not understand that the email address is dead and still you are the only one, who can access the Poloniex account (you know the user name and password). If you would have 1 BTC in that account, Poloniex could at least freeze the account for a year and wait, if there will be anyone else requiring the account's 1 BTC.  

"backup recovery addresses" - Good idea.

I would agree with you that Poloniex' answer was a bit strange, though it's not unique. Profile email addresses carry a more permanent weight in cryptoland than in the "real world" it seems.

With Poloniex, fortunately I have only dust sitting in my account, so at some point here I'll just create a new one and link it to the old one for verification purposes and that will be that.

And I finally heard from Cryptopia, so that problem is solved, or should be. I just need to somehow persuade SpectroCoin to work with me on either changing my profile email account or helping me transfer from old to new account, something I can't do right now because withdrawals require email confirmation.
Pages: « 1 ... 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 [1805] 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: