Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:16:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984109 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:29:47 PM

My NEM had been stolen
f**K!!!

where had you it kept? linked to btt or on AE?
BTT

its the account you just posted with thats linked so its not stolen.. did you username just appear in the list of registered stakes with out you registering?

Someone must have had access to his account. He requests - from that account - to get his Stake on the AE but appearantly that wasn't really him.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:49:07 PM

What language is NEM written in? How long will be times between the blocks?
Thanks

Written in Java, 60 sec block times (off the top of my head, correct me if I'm wrong someone).

I tested the alpha and the block times seem to be just a little longer than one minute, but yes, more or less a minute.

The goal is to have an average of 1 minute. Somtimes you get 3 blocks within a minute then the next block will probably take a few minutes. It's all about the avg Smiley

Was about 60.5 seconds for the last 40k blocks.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 12:10:38 AM

My NEM had been stolen
f**K!!!

BTT

its the account you just posted with thats linked so its not stolen.. did you username just appear in the list of registered stakes with out you registering?

After registering, does my name appear on a list that I can check? If so, where? A confirmation to know everything went smoothly.

Yes. There is. Some pages back.

Or it's also on NEM facebook

The NEM twitter acct also keeps the latest info updated: https://twitter.com/nemcoin

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
KimNg

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:32:04 AM

Do you really want the number 4 billion?  4 means death in a lot of cultures.

It's true.
Especially in China, 4 is the worst number.
It equals to the 13th Friday in Western.

Edit/I basically agree to investment fund.
But it may have a problem of a lawsuit by stakeholders who did not receive coins in the future when NEM value is incredibly high.
Burning them erases this problem in advance.
Burning them will prevent this probable lawsuit and also result in investment fund increase in the end.(by the scarcity of NEM and high value of each NEM.)

what about 3,999,000,000?  we could just burn one stake, or maybe even burn one NEM, and have it be 3,999,999,999.  I personally would volunteer 1 of my NEM to be burnt pre-Genesis block, just to make Asians happy.  I do know that this is serious.  I once lived in a building with no 4th floor.  Really, the elevator went 1, 2, 3, 5, 6..... People take this seriously. Not exactly the mark of the beast for Christians, but many Asians really don't like 4. 

Are we considering changing the total to something other than 4 billion units?

What about 3,888,888,888?

It has three triple 8's in sequence. In the Chinese culture this would be very fortunate.

"In Chinese numerology, 888 has a different meaning, triple fortune, a strengthening of the meaning of the digit 8. For this reason, addresses
and phone numbers containing the digit sequence 888 are considered particularly lucky, and may command a premium because of it."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/888_(number)

Lucky numbers: Eight
"The number 8 is viewed as such an auspicious number that even being assigned a number with several eights is considered very lucky."

Unlucky numbers: Four
"Number 4 is considered an unlucky number in Chinese because it is nearly homophonous to the word "death". Due to that, many
numbered product lines skip the "4": e.g., Nokia cell phones (there is no series beginning with a 4), Palm PDAs, Canon PowerShot G's
series (after G3 goes G5), etc. In East Asia, some buildings do not have a 4th floor."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_in_Chinese_culture

The number 4 is omitted in some Chinese buildings.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d4/ShanghaiMissingFloors.jpg

China= 19% of the world's population.
http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/china-population

We would need to subtract 111,111,112 NEM (~111 stakes).

If we want to keep it closer to the original 4 billion, a couple more choices:
3,999,888,888 double triple 8's (-111,112 NEM)
3,999,999,888 single triple 8's (-112 NEM)

Or preferably just keep with the original 4,000,000,000, it's easier to remember.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 01:33:38 AM

Block 100,000 in the Alpha is upon us.  Cool

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:11:40 AM

It's true.

But it may have a problem of a lawsuit by stakeholders who did not receive coins in the future when NEM value is incredibly high.
Burning them will prevent this probable lawsuit and also result in investment fund increase in the end.(by the scarcity of NEM and high value of each NEM.)

what about 3,999,000,000?  we could just burn one stake, or maybe even burn one NEM, and have it be 3,999,999,999.  I personally would volunteer 1 of my NEM to be burnt pre-Genesis block, just to make Asians happy.  I do know that this is serious.  I once lived in a building with no 4th floor.  Really, the elevator went 1, 2, 3, 5, 6..... People take this seriously. Not exactly the mark of the beast for Christians, but many Asians really don't like 4.  

It has three triple 8's in sequence. In the Chinese culture this would be very fortunate.

"In Chinese numerology, 888 has a different meaning, triple fortune, a strengthening of the meaning of the digit 8. For this reason, addresses
and phone numbers containing the digit sequence 888 are considered particularly lucky, and may command a premium because of it."

"The number 8 is viewed as such an auspicious number that even being assigned a number with several eights is considered very lucky."

"Number 4 is considered an unlucky number in Chinese because it is nearly homophonous to the word "death". Due to that, many
numbered product lines skip the "4": e.g., Nokia cell phones (there is no series beginning with a 4), Palm PDAs, Canon PowerShot G's
series (after G3 goes G5), etc. In East Asia, some buildings do not have a 4th floor."

Or preferably just keep with the original 4,000,000,000, it's easier to remember.

Yes 3,888,888,888 is a good number and it wouldn't take much to discard to reach.  You wouldn't see that number on coinmarketcap but it's something which could be mentioned in media articles for sure.  

I'm not really sure what's happening in mainland China in regards to digital currencies.

We know elsewhere that digital currencies are becoming popular in Hong Kong and Vietnam.   NEM is something that could thrive in those two locations but also mainland China and island of Taiwan.  Eventually South Korea and Japan will get into digital currencies as well.  

Despite MtGox being located there, Bitcoin hasn't really seen much adoption or usage in Japan itself - the emerging trend in Japan is Mona coin (that was $8 million at one  point and almost entirely located within Japan) and maybe NEM could get popular over there.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
kenbytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:24:43 AM

My NEM had been stolen
f**K!!!

BTT

Fud ,unlucky Huh

My coin has been stolen, 19999.9ROOT

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 04:02:15 AM

It's true.

what about 3,999,000,000?  we could just burn one stake, or maybe even burn one NEM, and have it be 3,999,999,999.  I personally would volunteer 1 of my NEM to be burnt pre-Genesis block, just to make Asians happy.  I do know that this is serious.  I once lived in a building with no 4th floor.  Really, the elevator went 1, 2, 3, 5, 6..... People take this seriously. Not exactly the mark of the beast for Christians, but many Asians really don't like 4.  

Yes 3,888,888,888 is a good number and it wouldn't take much to discard to reach.  You wouldn't see that number on coinmarketcap but it's something which could be mentioned in media articles for sure.  

I'm not really sure what's happening in mainland China in regards to digital currencies.

We know elsewhere that digital currencies are becoming popular in Hong Kong and Vietnam.   NEM is something that could thrive in those two locations but also mainland China and island of Taiwan.  Eventually South Korea and Japan will get into digital currencies as well.  

Despite MtGox being located there, Bitcoin hasn't really seen much adoption or usage in Japan itself - the emerging trend in Japan is Mona coin (that was $8 million at one  point and almost entirely located within Japan) and maybe NEM could get popular over there.

Creating 8 billion NEM might be good, too. 8 is a good number and everyone's stake could just be doubled.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 04:03:30 AM

It's true.

That's an easy way to figure out what to do with 112 unclaimed stakes.

interbtc

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:16:04 AM

Roll Eyes with this quote I had to use a lift to reach the end of the message Tongue Grin
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 04:55:15 AM

Roll Eyes with this quote I had to use a lift to reach the end of the message Tongue Grin

The NEM lift goes to da moon  Cool

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:12:51 AM

Bumping this for visibility.

TaunSew

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:40:01 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 05:57:13 AM by TaunSew

Seems like what you wrote on the NEM forum is rather close to what I would write.  This would be giving an incentive for unethical people to lie and claim stakes from forgotten accounts.  If you lost both your bitcointalk account and your bitcoin / nxt wallet (which you used back in Jan - March to register) then we can't ascertain your identity and thus under no circumstances should you be given a stake.

This goes for the forgotten accounts but the irony about this is, compared to NXT IPO, NEM CfP was technically more expensive.  This is something people should remember if any Fudder said NEM CfP was free (it wasn't - the CfP as a percentage of the overall coin was more expensive than most new coins on Bitcointalk).

$150 got you 50 million or 0.05% /  5% in NXT.   Some NEM stakeholders paid up to $50 for their 1 million or 0.00025%.  There's people who've paid above $1000 on the asset exchange and might even forget to claim.  It's rather bizarre how little some people value their money.

Re: Paragraph 1.  Granted there might be a genuine case or two inconvenienced by this but remember we are talking about a scale of 3000, so it's immaterial triviality.  Scale of 3000 means just about any story is possible.   We probably already have a dead stakeholder already and don't even know about it.  Please don't say Howi53, we know that he was online as recently as yesterday.   Grin

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:56:30 AM

It's true.

Creating 8 billion NEM might be good, too. 8 is a good number and everyone's stake could just be doubled.

Yes I wouldnt mind that, psychologically I would have twice the amount, Asians would like the number 8 , cmc wouldnt have an irregular amount to deal with and as Ive said before, with what we want for NEM then 8 B would be needed even although it can be split up.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
TaunSew

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:05:33 AM

If I had to choose between the 3.888--  billion and the 8 billion, I think I would go for the latter (the 8 billion).  I think the 3.888 is too much of a mouthful / typefull and people would just round it up (in their head) to 4 billion.

I think the total supply has to be addressed because the origin behind 4 billion is a rather dumb story (as Eadeqa pointed out) and numerology wise it's a terrible number in many cultures.

TaunSew

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:25:14 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 06:42:21 AM by TaunSew

It's true.

Yes I wouldnt mind that, psychologically I would have twice the amount, Asians would like the number 8 , cmc wouldnt have an irregular amount to deal with and as Ive said before, with what we want for NEM then 8 B would be needed even although it can be split up.

It's not really for coinmarketcap's consumption.  Coinmarketcap would only depict the available number of NEM.  So if we had 8 billion coins then 5.68 billion to 6 billion would be listed.  5 and 6 are still good numbers everywhere, I guess.  The 8 billion would be for media consumption or when discussing the total supply.

traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 06:27:04 AM

reason to fear that Asians number 4 is that its pronunciation is very similar to the word "death"

TaunSew

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:45:47 AM

reason to fear that Asians number 4 is that its pronunciation is very similar to the word "death"

Yeah they are quite serious about not using the number 4 in most of Asia.  Won't find it at weddings, people don't release products containing the number 4 , refuse to live on a floor labelled as fourth, the list goes on.

nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:49:40 AM

Yeah they are quite serious about not using the number 4 in most of Asia.  Won't find it at weddings, people don't release products containing the number 4 , refuse to live on a floor labelled as fourth, the list goes on.

Asia is where its going to be at the next hundred years or so , so maybe it should be given serious thought

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:09:05 AM

will NEM stake's price reach again 3BTC before the official release? 
Pages: « 1 ... 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 [325] 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: