Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:27:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:42:16 PM

2. When creating the account you will be requested to paste the private key in order to make sure you have the correct one.

I know that, but is it possible to verify private key again later?

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:46:10 PM

2. When creating the account you will be requested to paste the private key in order to make sure you have the correct one.

You can use the private key it generates to "Add Existing Account" to your testnet NEM wallet to see if it works.

It won't generate exactly the same address as your real one, but it is one way to tell if you have copied it down properly I think.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:47:06 PM

If you mean before launch, then at the moment it's not possible.
ademoose

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:39:28 PM

xtester  I am trying to redeem stake but this link does not work 

https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes can you please help me out

REDDCOIN - THE COIN OF THE INTERNET   
  RELEASE FEBRUARY 2ND
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 10:50:49 PM

Ok making some progress, I made a "Real" account but it still shows my "T" address in the top left corner, what am I doing wrong?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:08:18 PM

Ok making some progress, I made a "Real" account but it still shows my "T" address in the top left corner, what am I doing wrong?

Mainly the only thing you are doing wrong is not reading the instructions. Tongue

When you make your "real" account that only generates the address and keys. We are currently on testnet for beta testing and will be for a few more weeks.

Are you a NXT AE stakeholder or did you receive a token here on BTT for your stake? If you are a NXT AE stakeholder, you'll need to transfer your asset to the posted NXT address and put your newly generated NEM address (NOT your beta testnet address that starts with a "T") in an unencrypted message in that transaction.

If you are a BTT stakeholder, then you just have to wait a bit longer until we get instructions for how to proceed.

I do recommend going back and carefully reading all the instructions posted by xtester, though. It's all there and really easy to follow and it should answer most of your questions.

dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 11:19:18 PM

Mainly the only thing you are doing wrong is not reading the instructions. Tongue

When you make your "real" account that only generates the address and keys. We are currently on testnet for beta testing and will be for a few more weeks.

Are you a NXT AE stakeholder or did you receive a token here on BTT for your stake? If you are a NXT AE stakeholder, you'll need to transfer your asset to the posted NXT address and put your newly generated NEM address (NOT your beta testnet address that starts with a "T") in an unencrypted message in that transaction.

If you are a BTT stakeholder, then you just have to wait a bit longer until we get instructions for how to proceed.

I do recommend going back and carefully reading all the instructions posted by xtester, though. It's all there and really easy to follow and it should answer most of your questions.

I just can;t find my "REal" address after I made it, where do I find it?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

amytheplanarshift

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:25:20 PM

Well, again... the instructions are pretty clear both in the NEM user interface and the posted instructions, but...

Anyway, you are supposed to copy all that information down and keep it safe. Your NEM address, public key, and private key. A new set of all three is generated each time you click the "Create real account data" option, so if you did not save the one you generated before you will need to generate a new one. So do that, and copy all the information there and keep it safe.

Again, pleeeeeease read all the instructions at least 10 times extremely carefully. This is all super important and vital to you getting your stake.

dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 11:32:49 PM

Well, again... the instructions are pretty clear both in the NEM user interface and the posted instructions, but...

Anyway, you are supposed to copy all that information down and keep it safe. Your NEM address, public key, and private key. A new set of all three is generated each time you click the "Create real account data" option, so if you did not save the one you generated before you will need to generate a new one. So do that, and copy all the information there and keep it safe.

Again, pleeeeeease read all the instructions at least 10 times extremely carefully. This is all super important and vital to you getting your stake.

Gotcha, should call this redemption process "CEM" for "Complicated" haha

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

staykc

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Life is but a dream within a dream

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:35:57 PM

I think there's a need to add information to say that the NCC will NOT show the REAL account after creating it.

People are expecting to see N* account after creation. Naturally.  Roll Eyes

dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 11:40:30 PM

I think there's a need to add information to say that the NCC will NOT show the REAL account after creating it.

Nor is there a way to access your account address after you create it haha, so I had to remake it again and safe the info as I went along.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 11:55:51 PM

Nor is there a way to access your account address after you create it haha, so I had to remake it again and safe the info as I went along.

Ok transfer complete, lets see if I did everything right, on pins and needles until then.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

msunxter

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:09:11 AM

Hi Guys,

Beta is here. very exciting.

I see the phase two instructions for NXT AE stakes. Has Step 3 started for the original stakeholders that used the bitcointalk accounts? Can't find anything saying one way or the other.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:26:59 AM

People who have your NEM on the NXT Asset Exchange, please read here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg9282227#msg9282227  Your chance to redeem your NEM has started now!  Please read the instructions carefully.  When you generate your account, it is very important to save your private key in multiple places.  This is how you will get your real NEM.  Generating an address in the NEM beta is a unique process each time.  Once you have generated an account and private key, if you press “Create real account data” again, you will be given a different address and different matching private key.  So please save your private key because you cannot regenerate it again.  When redeeming your NEM token on the AE, please remember to send the information in an unencrypted message.  This will make Pat happy.  Also, please note that in the Beta your NEM account will begin with a “T” but the account number you will be sending to Pat will start with an “N” if it has been generated correctly. 

If your NEM is not on the AE and you registered your NEM through BTT, you need to have registered your NEM token sent to you in a PM on BTT (If not registered, please do so).  If you did so correctly, you can find your name here.  https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered  If you can see your name on that list,  you don’t have to do anything else right now.  Please wait for further instructions that will come soon.  In the meantime, please download the NEM beta https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2546.msg6923#msg6923 and begin to test it.  The more testers the better and you will need the NEM beta as part of your redemption process.  TestNEM can be received from here.  https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2547.0;topicseen

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:27:43 AM

I sent my token but cant see my name on list for registered people. I got the link from the facebook page? Is it a wrong link?

How about you show us the link ?

https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fchain.nem.ninja%2Fstakes%2Fregistered&h=5AQFHDeQv&s=1

The link where you registered your token I mean.
And please don't make it another facebook link cuz that is blocked on my machine.

https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/

This is the correct link. Did you see a congratulation note?
Yes, it was in green writing.

You are on the list. Please see: https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered

As the person that posted that link on FB, I was twitching and sweating a bit. hahaha

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:31:09 AM

"You can't have your NEM sent to and exchange as redemption. " why not this was not a stipulation when I purchased the NEM...

Because noone could have forseen that anyone would ever have that idea. Just because we're starting with exchanges doesn't mean we're going to have people redeem to them.

So if I cant get this wallet to work on my computer or get new hardware within 3 weeks I am screwed is what your saying in plain english? Well this sucks haha.

If you are really not able to create a NEM beta to get the private key, I am willing to make one for you, but then you'll be trusting a third party (me) with all your NEM. Better if you find a windows machine that you can occupy for 20 minutes. The install of NEM beta is supper easy.

dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:32:23 AM

ok guys ,I need help what am I doing wrong.....using firefox from laptop...windows 8 system....clicked on Nem client.(get the green box for a couple of secs)..NIS is in execution(local node not activated), but NCC not in execution....been around 15 mins now....am sure I have java 8

I had this same problem but I restarted my computer and it worked, did you try that?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:35:08 AM

People who have your NEM on the NXT Asset Exchange, please read here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg9282227#msg9282227  Your chance to redeem your NEM has started now!  Please read the instructions carefully.  When you generate your account, it is very important to save your private key in multiple places.  This is how you will get your real NEM.  Generating an address in the NEM beta is a unique process each time.  Once you have generated an account and private key, if you press “Create real account data” again, you will be given a different address and different matching private key.  So please save your private key because you cannot regenerate it again.  When redeeming your NEM token on the AE, please remember to send the information in an unencrypted message.  This will make Pat happy.  Also, please note that in the Beta your NEM account will begin with a “T” but the account number you will be sending to Pat will start with an “N” if it has been generated correctly. 

If your NEM is not on the AE and you registered your NEM through BTT, you need to have registered your NEM token sent to you in a PM on BTT (If not registered, please do so).  If you did so correctly, you can find your name here.  https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered  If you can see your name on that list,  you don’t have to do anything else right now.  Please wait for further instructions that will come soon.  In the meantime, please download the NEM beta https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2546.msg6923#msg6923 and begin to test it.  The more testers the better and you will need the NEM beta as part of your redemption process.  TestNEM can be received from here.  https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2547.0;topicseen

Thank you for the details on the account address. So will our address update when the NEm is sent or will our balance adjust even while the "T" address shows?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:52:29 AM

Thank you for the details on the account address. So will our address update when the NEm is sent or will our balance adjust even while the "T" address shows?

I'm not completely sure what you are asking, but I think you are asking about how to get your real NEM.  Right?

When the next NEM Beta is released the NEM genesis account will be created.  At that point, you can log into your NEM client, click on "add existing account" and then enter the private key that matches the account number that starts with "N" that was sent to Pat.  After you enter the private key the account starting with "N" will be added to your NEM client and your coins will be in that account.  At least this is the way I understand the process to be, I am not a dev, just an enthusiast, and the devs haven't made an announcement on this, but I am pretty sure it will happen this way. 

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:54:55 AM

wasn't there going to be some vanity generator app to make real NEM keys? I am having a hard time to install java 8 on ubuntu and would love an easier solution.

I have a terrible time installing anything on Ubuntu, even older and proven Linux programs. If your like me, it's easier to just install windows on a virtual machine in Ubuntu and then install NEM on that.

Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: