Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:31:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:42:50 PM

...cut...

oh, did I hear some sock puppet whining?

I like his nickname. Doesn't appear trollish at all. Lol. Welcome to BTT forums - where a minority who invest and horde the crypto-wealth get their panties in a twist when you shit on their parade.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 09:58:16 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 01:59:25 AM by rockethead

DON'T FEED TROLLS AND FUDSTERS. MANY WILL BE SURFACING!

abstraktalias - not in the initial list of stakeholders
Balu2 - not in the initial list of stakeholders
rabbiter - not in the initial list of stakeholders
AmusedClam84

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:43:39 PM

Not so final.

Just confiscate from those who stayed in and did not dump immediatelly on nxt ae.

You do raise a good point with the so-called 'final' stakeholder list. A very good one.

Devs, could you explain? Smiley

By the way, I'm trying my best to be as non-troll-like as possible, so I'd appreciate not being called a "whiny sockpuppet" or something along those lines. Let's keep it as civil as possible.
AmusedClam84

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:54:31 PM

Not so final.

Just confiscate from those who stayed in and did not dump immediatelly on nxt ae.

You do raise a good point with the so-called 'final' stakeholder list. A very good one.

Devs, could you explain? Smiley

By the way, I'm trying my best to be as non-troll-like as possible, so I'd appreciate not being called a "whiny sockpuppet" or something along those lines. Let's keep it as civil as possible.

if you join the army you get a guaranteed 5 years service(where i live) but if you smoke weed and break the rules your out the friggin door. same goes here.. those people broke the rules.. end of story.

You have a point.

I would argue that the devs have broken the rules too - namely, changing the so-called 'final' stakeholder list.

That's just as much 'breaking the rules' as owning more than 1 account is. Tongue
titan20

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:00:08 PM

I have a NEMstake at the nxt asset exchange. And want to start the redemption process.
Somewhere way back, there was a problem with copy/pasting the private key in firefox.

Is that problem solved now? And to be more secure: how does the format of the private key look like and how many characters is it supposed to have?

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:06:11 PM

I have a NEMstake at the nxt asset exchange. And want to start the redemption process.
Somewhere way back, there was a problem with copy/pasting the private key in firefox.

Is that problem solved now? And to be more secure: how does the format of the private key look like and how many characters is it supposed to have?

Yes its good now man. transfer time man.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:30:53 PM

Rabbitor, please do us a favor and express your concerns or opinions in a civilized manner. This is not a fight between NEM and quora, so there's no point continuing.

xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:50:13 PM

This thread has made me sad to see the past few days which is why I have not posted. I think it is just an inevitable part of the redemption process that all this fighting will occur. Once this is behind us everyone will forget about it and we can move on and start to really try and do what NEM has set out to do.

I'll really be glad to just get this over with. People are acting like it is an easy thing to manually redeem 3000+ stakes and distribute coins for them for a small handful of volunteers. The main thing I don't understand is those who are getting so riled up over unclaimed stakes which, if you are here getting riled up about it, should not even be a problem for you. There are going to be unclaimed stakes, just face it. There are plenty of people who paid the fee to join NEM and forgot about it or just do not care. Forget about them. What have they even done to deserve 1 million NEM other than paying an insignificant fee? If they want to get some NEM later when they realize its true potential and value then they can buy in and/or harvest like everyone else. In these early days of NEM, we need people who are dedicated to making NEM something used by every single person on the planet, not a bunch of people sitting around waiting on the rest of us to make them millionaires or billionaires. Of course, this entire movement is about financial freedom, but nobody ever said it was the "sit around and do nothing and get rich movement", particularly for us initial stakeholders.

I really wanted to try and make this the one crypto community that was friendly, nice, and free of all the bickering and drama of literally every other crypto community out there (something even Dogecoin could not manage to maintain). But, now I see that once money is involved, greed takes over as part of human nature and the fighting begins. That's a very sad fact for me to face, but I suppose I have to realize I can't expect everyone that comes here to be friendly and that trolls are an inevitable nature of the anonymity of the Internet. I'm still going to try and do whatever I can to keep this a friendly place though, even if a lot of you who are suddenly appearing over the past few days are completely undermining everything I've been trying to do over the past few months to keep this a civil place of friendly discussion and forward thinking.

Honestly, if we sit around here fighting about unclaimed stakes forever what kind of change are we making in the world? We should be sitting here talking about new and interesting ways that we can use NEM and its blockchain technology to help the other billions of people in the world live a better life, instead of trying to make sure sockpuppet1234 gets his or her unclaimed stake. Try to open your eyes and look at the bigger picture, because fighting for one random person who happened to invest a miniscule amount into NEM on BTT months ago and who obviously does not care about anything related to this movement get his or her 1 million NEM is extremely short-sighted and is not helping ANYONE.

Thanks for the work and help. You are doing a great job along lots of other NEMsters who care about NEM. As for trolls, they are inevitable at this point. But they will come and go, and NEM will still be here.
AmusedClam84

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:02:05 AM

You have a point.

I would argue that the devs have broken the rules too - namely, changing the so-called 'final' stakeholder list.

That's just as much 'breaking the rules' as owning more than 1 account is. Tongue

the rules about how many stakes are allowed are more important to the rule of not changing the stake holder list.

just like the the rule where i live that police do not carry guns.. if the people took arms in a civil war between the east and west would the police not arm themselves to put an end to it? some rules are supposed to be broken under certain circumstances.. this being one of them.

If this particular rule is so important then can I ask why those with NEMStake tokens on the NXT AE are permitted to have more than 1 stake? Doesn't really add up.

The only thing this last-minute sock-hunt will do is make a few people very, very unhappy without really benefiting NEM in the process.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 12:19:21 AM

You have a point.

the rules about how many stakes are allowed are more important to the rule of not changing the stake holder list.

just like the the rule where i live that police do not carry guns.. if the people took arms in a civil war between the east and west would the police not arm themselves to put an end to it? some rules are supposed to be broken under certain circumstances.. this being one of them.

If this particular rule is so important then can I ask why those with NEMStake tokens on the NXT AE are permitted to have more than 1 stake? Doesn't really add up.

The only thing this last-minute sock-hunt will do is make a few people very, very unhappy without really benefiting NEM in the process.

Can you tell us all here  how many socks you own that were locked out? You can hide those that you have not been locked out. Just those that you have been caught having.

amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:27:50 AM

You have a point.

I *think* it's because back then, a stake cost like a tiny amount of BTC or were being given away for free in some cases, and they cost several BTC on the NXT AE now so if you want to pay the fair market price then you are welcome to buy as many as you want. However, you are not allowed to create a million fake accounts to get a ton of free/cheap stakes during that special initial investor period which was supposed to be reserved for people who actually care about NEM and not just hoarding a bunch of stakes and sitting around waiting for everyone else to make them rich so they can dump on the market and ruin everyone else's hard work.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:35:57 AM

You have a point.

I *think* it's because back then, a stake cost like a tiny amount of BTC or were being given away for free in some cases, and they cost several BTC on the NXT AE now so if you want to pay the fair market price then you are welcome to buy as many as you want. However, you are not allowed to create a million fake accounts to get a ton of free/cheap stakes during that special initial investor period which was supposed to be reserved for people who actually care about NEM and not just hoarding a bunch of stakes and sitting around waiting for everyone else to make them rich so they can dump on the market and ruin everyone else's hard work.

I think anyone here knows that sock puppet masters are well aware of this, essentially all we're doing now is feeding troll bait.

tbh, the measures the NEM devs took to root out sock puppets i think have displayed for all BTT users how manipulated and controlled these markets can be - any new coin that doesn't implement measures to catch such underhanded, selfish acts is destined to be another coin ran by puppet masters.

I'm glad the NEM devs took these measures. Thrilled, even.
rocker10

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:40:26 AM

You have a point.

I think anyone here knows that sock puppet masters are well aware of this, essentially all we're doing now is feeding troll bait.

tbh, the measures the NEM devs took to root out sock puppets i think have displayed for all BTT users how manipulated and controlled these markets can be - any new coin that doesn't implement measures to catch such underhanded, selfish acts is destined to be another coin ran by puppet masters.

I'm glad the NEM devs took these measures. Thrilled, even.

Agree. This will greatly benefit NEM. Less sock puppets equals less dumping after launch.
abstraktalias

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:46:37 AM

abstraktalias

its fairly obvious to me that you are a sock account(not accusation, just opinion).. if i am right, which i think i am, may i ask why you chose not to post from your real account?

Well you're entitled to your opinion I guess, but it's disappointing that some relatively simple questions can't be answered logically. I only own one account on BTT, this one I'm posting from, that's it.  Been a fan of NEM since late February.  Still think it has great potential.  I'm not here to spread FUD, I'd prefer to participate in something resembling a meaningful discussion, but maybe that's an unrealistic expectation on my part.

Is it not possible to support NEM and still question some of decisions made by the devs?

What will happen with the 250 000 NEM taken from each unclaimed stake every month?

What are the options moving forward with unclaimed stakes?  When and how will a decision be made?

These aren't hard to answer.  Please try your best to answer them without getting overwhelmed by emotions or making false accusations.

AmusedClam84

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:14:36 AM

Can you tell us all here  how many socks you own that were locked out? You can hide those that you have not been locked out. Just those that you have been caught having.

What for? Smiley

Agree. This will greatly benefit NEM. Less sock puppets equals less dumping after launch.

How does the number of sock-puppets someone owns correlate with the likelihood of dumping their assets after launch? It doesn't; you're talking nonsense!  
randombit
Legendary

Activity: 1447
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:18:13 AM

abstraktalias

its fairly obvious to me that you are a sock account(not accusation, just opinion).. if i am right, which i think i am, may i ask why you chose not to post from your real account?

Well you're entitled to your opinion I guess, but it's disappointing that some relatively simple questions can't be answered logically. I only own one account on BTT, this one I'm posting from, that's it.  Been a fan of NEM since late February.  Still think it has great potential.  I'm not here to spread FUD, I'd prefer to participate in something resembling a meaningful discussion, but maybe that's an unrealistic expectation on my part.

Is it not possible to support NEM and still question some of decisions made by the devs?

What will happen with the 250 000 NEM taken from each unclaimed stake every month?

What are the options moving forward with unclaimed stakes?  When and how will a decision be made?

These aren't hard to answer.  Please try your best to answer them without getting overwhelmed by emotions or making false accusations.

Thank you for your efforts abstratalias,, and now tell us what is your intension?

Iam a original stakeholder, and iam glad to be part of this movement,, if the devs havent done so much, you wouldnt have the opportunity to be here and ask some stupid questions,  it seems realy you try to break down the value of NEM.

You should be happy to be a part, but everything what you are talking is FUD, all the time. STFU now and let the devs doin there work, and in my opinion they do fucking nice job, and support all "real" nemsters.

so STFU with your fud and enjoy the ride.

rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 01:41:58 AM

Can you tell us all here  how many socks you own that were locked out? You can hide those that you have not been locked out. Just those that you have been caught having.

What for? Smiley

How does the number of sock-puppets someone owns correlate with the likelihood of dumping their assets after launch? It doesn't; you're talking nonsense!  

What for? To answer your own questions. I don't need to tell the forum here. If you do not want to answer that, then you should not even talk about it here.

Anyway, like what Patmast3r said, this is a closed chapter. You can continue ranting but you can be rest assured that you will not get your sock stakes.

I rest my case and I hope you rest your case too so that NEMsters can continue on with the journey.
jubalix
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 02:33:50 AM

I don't understand why the unclaimed stakes are not just left alone, it keeps everything in proportion roughly.

If devs want a bigger slice of the pie they should have said so at the beginning.

Admitted Practicing Lawyer::BTC/Crypto Specialist. B.Engineering/B.Laws

https://www.binance.com/?ref=10062065
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 02:50:35 AM

I'd post this on the forums but it's not sending me an activation email.

I'm being accused of being a sockpuppet... which is pretty devastating.

Is there any way I can appeal this decision? I'd appreciate it hugely if I could... PM me any responses to keep the thread clean...

(Just an aside: that wasn't a very mature way of going about removing someone's stake. Doesn't exactly give off the vibe NEM wants does it?)

Plz conteact the forum administrators about the mail...you should be getting it.
About the appeal...in your case it isn't going to get your anywhere. The data speak a very clear language.
You can read about how we detected sockpuppets here https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2620.0
We didn't take all stakes away from puppet masters so you can register your other stakes (and according to the db you already have)

this stuff aint funny somehow i get the same message. i am not a sockpuppet. registered my token when i was told to do so.  maybe because it was on the same computer as my colleague who actually told me about NEM?Huh?

Post on here if you are really not a sock puppet and we as a community can try to sort it out: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2620.0

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 02:53:51 AM

Guys i do not have to do step 2? I don't have any asset, only my token, and I already did step 1. I just have to wait for step 3 if I understand correctly?

Thanks.

Yes, you have to do step 2. Step 2 is where you register your NEM address and that will go into NEMESIS.

The reason we are doing it this way is because we need the program to send out NEM automatically rather than having use spend days sending out NEM to thousands of people.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 [415] 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: