Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:58:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 [417] 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:34:25 AM

I never seen so many posts by people that already were on my ignorelist over just one night.
I'd like to address all the, very forseeable FUD that is being spread around one more time.

Lie: Devs are taking all unlcaimed for their own pockets
Truth: Devs aren't taking anything. It was explained numerous times what is actually meant with development and nothing has even been deicded yet.

Lie: Devs are breaking the rules because they changed the stakeholderlist again
Truth: No one is breaking any rules here. What is happening is the rules are being enforced. If the final stakeholderlist had been actually final all those people that fell for the phishing attack would have had lost their stake for good. But we helped them to exchange their nick on that list. How come noone started complaining about breaking the rules back then ?

Lie: Devs are acting like Gestapo and Stasi
Truth: My guess is you don't even know what you are talking about. Like we said in the write-up on how we proceeded WE DID NOT STORE ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. We can now that stakes were registered by the same person but we have no means of finding out who that person is. We can't even find out which part of the world they live in.

As to why we did this...
People seem to think that distribution isn't important. For non inflationary coins distribution is very very important. Not only because we want to get as many people as possible to get their hands on NEM but also because whlaes are destroying the market especially if they don't actually care about NEM. Look at other cryptos that are in the hands of a few. As soon as the price goes up is dumps down again  because the whlaes start cashing out. People that got excited about it and just bought in instantly loose money and probably interest because they don't want to be dealing with these kind of games.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 09:12:29 AM

I never seen so many posts by people that already were on my ignorelist over just one night.
I'd like to address all the, very forseeable FUD that is being spread around one more time.

Lie: Devs are taking all unlcaimed for their own pockets
Truth: Devs aren't taking anything. It was explained numerous times what is actually meant with development and nothing has even been deicded yet.

Lie: Devs are breaking the rules because they changed the stakeholderlist again
Truth: No one is breaking any rules here. What is happening is the rules are being enforced. If the final stakeholderlist had been actually final all those people that fell for the phishing attack would have had lost their stake for good. But we helped them to exchange their nick on that list. How come noone started complaining about breaking the rules back then ?

Lie: Devs are acting like Gestapo and Stasi
Truth: My guess is you don't even know what you are talking about. Like we said in the write-up on how we proceeded WE DID NOT STORE ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. We can now that stakes were registered by the same person but we have no means of finding out who that person is. We can't even find out which part of the world they live in.

As to why we did this...
People seem to think that distribution isn't important. For non inflationary coins distribution is very very important. Not only because we want to get as many people as possible to get their hands on NEM but also because whlaes are destroying the market especially if they don't actually care about NEM. Look at other cryptos that are in the hands of a few. As soon as the price goes up is dumps down again  because the whlaes start cashing out. People that got excited about it and just bought in instantly loose money and probably interest because they don't want to be dealing with these kind of games.

It is very clear that these FUD kickers are now coming in to stir shit because they lost their socks and now commenting as Newbies. I believe there are only a handful of them sock masters. Just ignore them and move on. They are not worth even wasting our time on.

These socks would have become mini whales if we hadn't stopped them. Why should they deserve it?
casterlyrock

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:18:22 AM

Is it to late to register my token? I thought I had until today (2 weeks). Please Help! I don't want to miss this.
magicmexican

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:28:21 AM

Looks like i've completed all steps, it shows correctly that i registered my token under correct address.

My balance is still supposed to be 0, right? At this point.
BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:43:17 AM

My balance is still supposed to be 0, right? At this point.

Yes.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 09:44:52 AM

I don't understand why the unclaimed stakes are not just left alone, it keeps everything in proportion roughly.

If devs want a bigger slice of the pie they should have said so at the beginning.

Devs are not planning to take the unclaimed stakes...

What will happen with the unclaimed stakes?
How much will the Devs already be getting for  developement?
How much more will they be taking from the unclaimed stakes?
Just asking im not complaining. You guys are doin a great job. Keep it up guys.
Home stretch. Woooooo

It depends on the final numbers. We have some ideas (as have been discussed on various threads on forum.nemcoin.com) that will benefit all NEM stakeholders. One thing we definitely will NOT do is take all the unclaimed and sock stakes and give ourselves a bonus. We won't betray the community like that.

I think in a week or so we'll have a clearer picture and can work to reach a consensus as to what we should do.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 09:47:38 AM

I don't understand why the unclaimed stakes are not just left alone, it keeps everything in proportion roughly.

If devs want a bigger slice of the pie they should have said so at the beginning.

Devs are not planning to take the unclaimed stakes...

What will happen with the unclaimed stakes?
How much will the Devs already be getting for  developement?
How much more will they be taking from the unclaimed stakes?
Just asking im not complaining. You guys are doin a great job. Keep it up guys.
Home stretch. Woooooo

It depends on the final numbers. We have some ideas (as have been discussed on various threads on forum.nemcoin.com) that will benefit all NEM stakeholders. One thing we definitely will NOT do is take all the unclaimed and sock stakes and give ourselves a bonus. We won't betray the community like that.

I think in a week or so we'll have a clearer picture and can work to reach a consensus as to what we should do.

So the rich get richer, ie stakeholders the ones good at hiding their tracks best get more. Wow that's fairness right there.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 09:48:17 AM

I get this message but it seems to be stuck and not progressing? Been stuck on it for 1 hour.

"NIS is synchronizing. At block 12961, est. 4 days behind."

What is your OS/memory/cpu?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
sdersdf3

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:11:24 AM

As to why we did this...
People seem to think that distribution isn't important. For non inflationary coins distribution is very very important. Not only because we want to get as many people as possible to get their hands on NEM but also because whlaes are destroying the market especially if they don't actually care about NEM. Look at other cryptos that are in the hands of a few. As soon as the price goes up is dumps down again  because the whlaes start cashing out. People that got excited about it and just bought in instantly loose money and probably interest because they don't want to be dealing with these kind of games.

+1000.

I think this is NEM's single biggest selling point. Alot of people are sick and tired of facing the risk of massive, overnight whale dumps on other coins - judging from the many altcoin markets that are dying. More equal/fair distribution has been a huge and unique attraction of NEM, which is why the unclaimed-stakes issue got so contentious. If that matter is resolved in a way that minimizes the distributional impact (and it looks like it will be), the issue will blow over and NEM's brand should continue to strengthen from there.
sdersdf3

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:15:58 AM

How long do we have to register the NEM key along with the token?

same as the NXT AE people have to redeem their asset. A deadline will be announced soon.

How can a receiving address be tested to confirm it works before requesting the stake?
rabbiter

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:18:57 AM

As to why we did this...

+1000.

I think this is NEM's single biggest selling point. Alot of people are sick and tired of facing the risk of massive, overnight whale dumps on other coins.  More equal/fair distribution has been a huge attraction of NEM, which is why the unclaimed-stakes issue got so contentious. If that matter is resolved in a way that minimizes the distributional impact, the issue will blow over and NEM's brand should continue to strengthen from there.

hahahahah You are about 6 months behind in your reality.

For months now there have been tons of IPO's that distribute far better than NEM, think of all the ICO's where they have a sale on the exchanges, literally thousands of people who actually risk something get a small stake. Ironically they have mainly come out of NXT.

So if the best thing you got going for you is your distribution then you are about as likey to do well as NODE. Your going get dumped to shit and then you guys better get a bit more humble about your opinions.

Damn you guys for even suggesting this is fair anymore. Just stick with its a new code plagiarised off NXT and a community that either doesn't get world population numbers of just simple math and leave it at that. Everytime someone says Fair you will be laughed out of Crypto.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:25:48 AM

same as the NXT AE people have to redeem their asset. A deadline will be announced soon.

How can a receiving address be tested to confirm it works before requesting the stake?

Dou you mean how can you test that the data you've created work ?
There is a function for that - in the same menu - in the client.

sdersdf3

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 10:49:58 AM

Dou you mean how can you test that the data you've created work ?
There is a function for that - in the same menu - in the client.

I see the "verify real account data" which looks like an internal testing option, but is there a way to test an actual transaction to a wallet address from another address external to the wallet? Just want to avoid the risk of having anything significant sent to a public-key address I might not have set up properly.
fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:07:34 AM

Anyone know how we can bypass these phising tactics from the NEM boys?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:09:10 AM

lol, this ratiber guy spends so much time here but no one is even paying attention to him or to what he says. like a tiny dog barking at passing cars.

are you guys planning to add this pop-up text like on the 2nd picture for the icons on the left (in the mini mode)?

not so important, but could make everything a bit easier

and after switching languages for a couple of times on the main screen this happened

if you click refresh, then the whole text dissapears from the whole page.

boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:11:17 AM

Just being curious: am i the only one that "tries" to start discussions about crypto at partys, social meetings, talk in general, etc?
And when the discussion is started, are you also pointing people on the minor flaws that, for instance, BTC has and how the implementation of Nem will overcome that?

Or am I the typical cryptohead? Grin
DICTATOR-NEM

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:18:18 AM

Unclaimed and sock puppet stakes will need to be handled very carefully.

Giving them away to easy will result in the same problem as whale dumping.

fulcare

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:20:24 AM

If someone can help me get past this I will give them a $20 tip from my stake.

https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:24:45 AM

As to why we did this...

+1000.

I think this is NEM's single biggest selling point. Alot of people are sick and tired of facing the risk of massive, overnight whale dumps on other coins.  More equal/fair distribution has been a huge attraction of NEM, which is why the unclaimed-stakes issue got so contentious. If that matter is resolved in a way that minimizes the distributional impact, the issue will blow over and NEM's brand should continue to strengthen from there.

hahahahah You are about 6 months behind in your reality.

For months now there have been tons of IPO's that distribute far better than NEM, think of all the ICO's where they have a sale on the exchanges, literally thousands of people who actually risk something get a small stake. Ironically they have mainly come out of NXT.

So if the best thing you got going for you is your distribution then you are about as likey to do well as NODE. Your going get dumped to shit and then you guys better get a bit more humble about your opinions.

Damn you guys for even suggesting this is fair anymore. Just stick with its a new code plagiarised off NXT and a community that either doesn't get world population numbers of just simple math and leave it at that. Everytime someone says Fair you will be laughed out of Crypto.

Looking at that toxic QORA thread you just came out of- what is your problem? Miss those guys already? 

NEM is NOT plagiarized from NXT, it is an INDEPENDENT codebase.

I am paraphrasing Jean-Luc, who expressed his respect for the project, exactly BECAUSE they are making an independent implementation of the ideas behind NXT plus add some of their own ideas.

And of course this is hard work and it takes a lot of time. What, attention span too short? Tough luck, but here's a really hot insider tip for you: Quick, go buy some BlockNET, YUMMIE!

What's the point of bitching around with ICO or ITO or whatever not being fast enough? Under which stone have you been living?

And in case you forgot: Quick, go buy some BlockNET, YUMMIE!

abstraktalias

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:10:11 PM

abstraktalias

its fairly obvious to me that you are a sock account(not accusation, just opinion).. if i am right, which i think i am, may i ask why you chose not to post from your real account?

Well you're entitled to your opinion I guess, but it's disappointing that some relatively simple questions can't be answered logically. I only own one account on BTT, this one I'm posting from, that's it.  Been a fan of NEM since late February.  Still think it has great potential.  I'm not here to spread FUD, I'd prefer to participate in something resembling a meaningful discussion, but maybe that's an unrealistic expectation on my part.

Is it not possible to support NEM and still question some of decisions made by the devs?

What will happen with the 250 000 NEM taken from each unclaimed stake every month?

What are the options moving forward with unclaimed stakes?  When and how will a decision be made?

These aren't hard to answer.  Please try your best to answer them without getting overwhelmed by emotions or making false accusations.

Thank you for your efforts abstratalias,, and now tell us what is your intension?

Iam a original stakeholder, and iam glad to be part of this movement,, if the devs havent done so much, you wouldnt have the opportunity to be here and ask some stupid questions,  it seems realy you try to break down the value of NEM.

You should be happy to be a part, but everything what you are talking is FUD, all the time. STFU now and let the devs doin there work, and in my opinion they do fucking nice job, and support all "real" nemsters.

so STFU with your fud and enjoy the ride.

Wow some of you people are fucking retarded, all I want to know is how the unclaimed stakes will be used.  Also I want some legit proof that the devs themselves don't already have a many sock accounts themselves just like Utopian Future.

This is turning into some weird totalitarian type shit. 

Yes leader. We love you leader.
Pages: « 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 [417] 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: