Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:52:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S3+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 709819 times)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:22:13 PM

This is just a hunch but i could be something wrong with the controller board? and if so do they sell replacements still?

So i switched out PSU's and plugged 1 6pin onto each blade and now i have a red and green light indicators but still not popping up on the network

Not popping up, do you mean you changed your computer's IP to 192.168.... and checked 192.168.2.99 and it's still not working? (or whatever your default is)

I don't see the miner in wired devices

I still think this is the problem. "Wired Devices" isn't where you look. You have to change your IP address on your computer, then test it in a browser. You may not see it in a discovery scan at all so don't depend on that.

I tried either way but the problem is that the IP sometimes doesn't appear. What you need is a port scanner.

SGTxSTAYxGRIND

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:18:23 PM

This is just a hunch but i could be something wrong with the controller board? and if so do they sell replacements still?

So i switched out PSU's and plugged 1 6pin onto each blade and now i have a red and green light indicators but still not popping up on the network

Not popping up, do you mean you changed your computer's IP to 192.168.... and checked 192.168.2.99 and it's still not working? (or whatever your default is)

I still think this is the problem. "Wired Devices" isn't where you look. You have to change your IP address on your computer, then test it in a browser. You may not see it in a discovery scan at all so don't depend on that.

I tried either way but the problem is that the IP sometimes doesn't appear. What you need is a port scanner.

can you recommend a good scanner? google just found a lot of them....

Getting it all sorted out, I think.....
hodedowe

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:23:19 PM

You guys are really trying to make things complicated. A port scanner will tell him the ports open on an IP but if he's not on the same subnet he won't ever see the miner.  Undecided

Just change your computer's IP to the same as your miner's IP minus 1. So say the miner is 192.168.1.48 then you choose 192.168.1.47.

Done and done.

Solo mining is alive and profitable!
Helped? Thanks! 1CXRFh4bDVFBsUzoHMMDbTMPcBP14RUTus
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:31:20 PM

....so i have been on the same subnet of 192.168.1.*** the range is from 1-254 so i should be able to see it. Bitmain got a hold of me, i tried reseting the way they suggested and i think i may have a bricked controller, we dont have the standard comcast router, we have a 3rd party nice router with a lot of features, i set a general rule to allow all new devices to connect to the network yet still nothing, i am running from the modem to a 1gbps 8 port switch.

hodedowe

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:40:30 PM

....so i have been on the same subnet of 192.168.1.*** the range is from 1-254 so i should be able to see it. Bitmain got a hold of me, i tried reseting the way they suggested and i think i may have a bricked controller, we dont have the standard comcast router, we have a 3rd party nice router with a lot of features, i set a general rule to allow all new devices to connect to the network yet still nothing, i am running from the modem to a 1gbps 8 port switch.

That's not enough. Is the default IP on a sticker on the miner?

Solo mining is alive and profitable!
Helped? Thanks! 1CXRFh4bDVFBsUzoHMMDbTMPcBP14RUTus
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 09:54:37 PM

Bring it to a friends house with that IP range.  Test it there to make sure it is bricked.  If you have a crappy router that was included with ISP it is possible to block some things.   I had to at one point to get my ISP to change my modem/router from them into a bridge mode where I could use my own router.

If you did brick it look into serial to usb to possibly save it.  For around 10 dollars for parts it's possible to save a bricked S3 controller.
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 12:02:34 AM

no, but the person i got it from never changed the default ip, nor did I.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 02:59:49 AM

If it's bricked it does not matter what the IP is you will never connect to it.  Lot's of things can cause a bricked controller.  It is not fun but it can happen.

I would look into fixing the controller, as I have a feeling you will keep going no where if you focus on IP.
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:45:26 AM

If it's bricked it does not matter what the IP is you will never connect to it.  Lot's of things can cause a bricked controller.  It is not fun but it can happen.

I would look into fixing the controller, as I have a feeling you will keep going no where if you focus on IP.

it has been going no where, yea serial to usb can be an option but i know i would need to flow a serial port to the board for a serial to usb cord.  Honestly if Bitmain can repair it for under 30$ i might just have them do it and not have the headache and hassle

edit: it appears to be working but i have a huge hunch its bricked since i cant even access it from my switch plugged into only the miner and my pc. Any good links to serial to usb (flashing???) would be appreciated.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:01:34 AM

If it's bricked it does not matter what the IP is you will never connect to it.  Lot's of things can cause a bricked controller.  It is not fun but it can happen.

it has been going no where, yea serial to usb can be an option but i know i would need to flow a serial port to the board for a serial to usb cord.  Honestly if Bitmain can repair it for under 30$ i might just have them do it and not have the headache and hassle

edit: it appears to be working but i have a huge hunch its bricked since i cant even access it from my switch plugged into only the miner and my pc. Any good links to serial to usb (flashing???) would be appreciated.

It is cheaper to get the usb to serial, and also faster depending on location and where you order.

Get some help though ticket - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us .     If they make you ship old board in and send another one chances are serial to usb is decent amount cheaper to try. 

But yes you most likely can ask them for buying a new controller, and get it shipped out to you.
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:39:19 AM

im based in oregon and they are in colorado so i have a feeling it wont be too bad for shipping time, but is there a good link to check out for going through this proccess? Something in-depth?

It is cheaper to get the usb to serial, and also faster depending on location and where you order.

Get some help though ticket - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us .     If they make you ship old board in and send another one chances are serial to usb is decent amount cheaper to try. 

But yes you most likely can ask them for buying a new controller, and get it shipped out to you.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 04:53:41 AM

im based in oregon and they are in colorado so i have a feeling it wont be too bad for shipping time, but is there a good link to check out for going through this proccess? Something in-depth?

Not sure why you quoted me with nothing under it Smiley.

But the reason I suggest contacting  https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us is they do have a very good guide they send to people.  I don't think it's posted on the forum but I could be wrong on that.
luthermarcus

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:33:48 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 05:22:26 AM by -ck

Not sure why you quoted me with nothing under it Smiley.

But the reason I suggest contacting  https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us is they do have a very good guide they send to people.  I don't think it's posted on the forum but I could be wrong on that.

The forum has been doing that to me too. Showing up blanks.

Donate Bitcoin
1Mz7ZHxPhoH1ZK2yQvo62NdHvvsS2quhzc
Donate TRX
TB3WiLEj6iuSBU5tGUKyZkjB4vqrBDvoYM
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 11:16:04 PM

Why does the S3 fans try to keep the asic at 40C? Why not stay super quiet and let it go to 50-60? Are the chips sensible to temperature?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:07:03 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 05:22:36 AM by -ck

The forum has been doing that to me too. Showing up blanks.

Do you have an ignore list possibly?   I would be surprised if I'm in it if personal one.

But I have been part of a signature campaign for a while. Lets me get a few toys for my normal posting.  If you use the ignore list that was based on signature users I am in that.    
luthermarcus

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 02:51:34 AM

Anyone know where i could get a replacement capacitor for the s3 hash board. The cap. Says F4 OCV 270 16V.

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 04:25:46 PM

Anyone know where i could get a replacement capacitor for the s3 hash board. The cap. Says F4 OCV 270 16V.

What makes you think it's bad?  Tried Digikey?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:54:43 AM

Yea I think a parts place like that is best chance.   I don't see Bitmain selling parts like this.   

They chances are would sell a hash board (assuming they have stock).  But not down to capacitor and parts on it.
luthermarcus

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:59:12 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2015, 06:15:09 AM by luthermarcus

What makes you think it's bad?  Tried Digikey?

It's not bad it's missing. I noticed that this s3+ wasn't performing like it should and finally got around to why. It's missing 3 caps of the hashboard.
I replaced caps before from hash board which were shot to good boards. But this time i happen not to have a bad s3 board. To know if they are bad you check if they are cracked, disformed, or have a weird smell to them. But first symptom is performance. But in this case they were missing of the board completely. Just 3 empty spots were caps should be.

I think I found what i needed CAP POLYMER 270UF 20% 16V SMD
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/PCV1C271MCL1GS/493-4365-1-ND/2618793

Donate Bitcoin
Donate TRX
SGTxSTAYxGRIND

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:11:24 AM

Yea I think a parts place like that is best chance.   I don't see Bitmain selling parts like this.   

They chances are would sell a hash board (assuming they have stock).  But not down to capacitor and parts on it.

actually they will just tell you to send the whole unit or the blade back to them for repairs, i have to do the same with my bricked controller PCB unfortunately Sad

Pages: « 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 »
  Print  

Jump to: