Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:59:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701069 times)
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:53:25 PM

<snip>
Using the Advanced Avalon config -- Perfect results. Visually now with top end of the graph at 15THs vs 50+THs is FAR easier to see a few THs drop from any 1 miner. Kudos for that Cheesy

edit: Query, when using the Advanced Avalon config and reporting per-miner does the Restart button do a global restart of cgminer (all miners on controller) or just restart the 1 miner? Since the Avalon API does has provision for it the ability to actually reboot the individual miner would be nice.
I will change the next release to display all individual miners on the ASIC tab for the case where you don't run with the Avalon-mode enabled.

I'm also trying to get documentation on the Avalon unique reboot API from the vendor, as the API do have some parameters you can specify what to reboot, but it may not be on the individual miner level but on the AUC level.
Upgraded main farm to 5.4.1 and Default Avalon mode ASIC's now display perfectly as they of course do when broken out using Advanced mode.

As for Canaan's API call for individual miner reboot, all I can suggest is looking at their GIT for the code they use for their OpenWRT-based controller 'firmware' Odds are that part of their code is the same for all the Avalon series or at least A7-8's.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:29:37 AM

Hello Patrike,
Thanks a lot for adding ability to update softwares using local network shares. It works perfectly !

I would have another request regarding benchmarking. Most of the softwares allow AM to read power consumption from graphic cards.
Could you add the possibility for AM to read this power data during benchmarking and save it at same time it save hashrate ?
I know it's not representative of the global power used by a rig but it could be enough to compare profits between algorithms...

Thanks for the update.

The feature to include power usage for benchmarks should be possible to support on nVidia systems in the future.

Thank you patrike!

Code:
TL;DR
Could you give the consideration to offer (for a price where you see fit) periodic data collection into AM Cloud that includes data like http://mypc:17790/api/miners, and future, power consumption when integrated) please?

*** Long Version***
More feature suggestions - (likely suggested b4, but let's see if it can be pushed up the development plan)

I think by now, most ppl gotten into mining "seriously" (ones that can call collection of home rigs "mini farm" and has to fork out electricity cost from own pocket) are starting to realise that mining is hard work and not immediately profitable or "lucrative", as of this time with BTC hitting almost yearly low and Altpocalypse, a good portion of the mining community has already switched off their rigs / sold their equipment...etc. It probably makes good sense to implement a "real" performance analysis feature and there's no better time than now when everyone start to realise the pick and shovels are quite costly to run and work their magic.

Right now, I haven't came across (granted, haven't tried much) any software that seriously takes the cost factor into performance report/analysis. like @trucobit says, it's a feature that is becoming very sought after (see how desperate he is Tongue). Everything involved in profit switching decision making is revolved around no more than 24 hours of data and can only provide estimate with limited samples, this is true not just for AM, but almost every collective mining management software out there.

IMHO, there really is no "performance analysis/report" when this performance doesn't take into account of cost, AM already has historic hashrate performance logging, but that means little on it's own if power consumption / monetary profit statistics cannot be used in conjunction with this data. Especially when hashrate differs from profit switching perspective and the data on its own has very little to no usefulness.

Might I humbly suggest, that since AM already has cloud service integrated. Is it possible for now, that you could provide some options to collect (as much in detail as possible) mining data like how @Finnsk3 does (http://stats.finnsk3.com/) periodically (1min is cool).

I understand implementing anything useful for representation / analysis will take huge amount of time (like @Finnsk3 said, he collected all the data, but he also lacks time to have it integrated in his own site for reporting), but at least it would be nice to have a way for us non-programmers to have these historical data collected and available for future use. and you could work this one out progressively to provide extra add-on services for the AM Cloud feature like how @trucobit suggested @Finnsk3 (at a cost of course, I know @trucobit and I for 2 are willing to pay for the reasonable add-on price for additional features ;p, i'm not inciting business competition between you and your customer(s), but who'd know AM better than you and already has a working cloud platform to run the services?)

Wouldn't be useful if there's no data to analyse, so better late than never, to start collection process now, and gradually expand the aspects of report analysis. This not only give insight to past performance, future estimates, but it could provide a nice foundation for "Intelligent Profit Switching" decision making etc.

One thing I'm doing (extremely slowly) is that while people are requesting ability to record and find out the optimal "intensity", I'm trying to find the optimal Hash/W at given BTC/Fiat in order to find the best Profit/W, by adjusting Power Limit instead of adjusting intensity, in theory and probably easily (but not for me, my mathematics sucks), there is an optimal given BTC price where benefit of increase in power consumption still results in more increase in profit and conversely in some cases, benefit (profit) of reducing power usage (hence increase H/W) actually is better when say, in a prolonged bear market like this year.

This for me (and my level of crappy maths) involves benchmarking at various PL (currently, i'm doing in 10% increments) and record them in different profiles, then later trying to figure out the correct formula, so I can say (in English/common language) and make rules that's like (for a very concise example):

Code:
When USD/BTC is > 10000 and/or mbtc/MHs (for particular algo) is > xxx, then use high PL profile, or else, use low PL profile.

this would come into very handy to find an optimal value for USD/BTC and mbtc/MHs (once I figured out the formulas or...if you could make AM do it, saves me the headache  Tongue ) used for the trigger, especially when you also have a comprehensive "historical" data to compare.

Best Regards,

P.S. I just tried minerstats.com's msOS, and the comprehensive reporting doesn't have what I wanted above, and AM is far more superior and versatile in terms of profit switching (and self managed), so for a price of paying for the kind of services like minerstats, minerboard, hiveOS, i'd rather have to just pay AM and have less complicated operation.
Although I quote you (@moppidoo) here, the answer below is of course for @trucobit as well.

First of all, I fully agree with your points that the current performance history feature and the insight and statistics of what you have been mining isn't as good as it could be. I've had a number of comments on this so it's on the list of feature to add.

Your insightful feedback is valuable and is interesting as it also brings up the concept from a Cloud Services point of view. May I ask what your view is on if the existing Performance History feature is improved, without the use of Cloud Services? For example that Awesome Miner wouldn't only include hashrate and temperature, but also pools, algorithm, mining software, power usage and profit? Of course a way to analyze and get a summary of this would also be required.

I do see both benefits and drawbacks with including Cloud Services in the concepts here so any additional comments on this topic is of course valuable.

Thanks for the great comments.

I only want to give my opinion about deep statistics.

I am not a user of the cloud service, although I would not mind paying if the price does not rise.

As indicated by moobidoo, upload statistics data of all subscribers in your own cloud can be bestial in your hosting account, unless it limits for example statistics to the last 3 months. And if it is a problem as indicated by Moobidoo link for example Dropbox, I have a business of 1tera.

An alternative to reduce costs in storage if at the end you store the statistical data, it is of course compress that data and cache to 4 -12 hours. It does not have to be real-time statistics. The frisking as you know, reduces the requests to the database and only reads a txt with the information, and this file is updated every X hours. I would reduce the threat and process, although it would not be bad to link it to an external Dropbox account in my particular case.

AM the program, has Database installed, could even the same in localhost display it in a browser window, and be the same equipment that has installed the AM who would store the data. But I understand that it can be a service of added value to the cloud service.

I do not use Cloud, because I have everything in the same place, in my house of three floors, in the basement, and I can put even more miners, I manage everything by RDP, and if something fails under a plant and restart. That's why I have not hired that service, but if you include those detailed statistics, the more details the better, it will be what will make me and other users pay the cloud service in the end, in my case only for the statistics.

In the telegram group that I have about AW, we have talked a lot, and we would not mind paying an amount per month for having that information, because in the end I will recover it by making better decisions. Especially towards online services and even on loose coins. It is important to have a vision of everything.

I know that you have it in mind, and that someday we may be surprised with a new version of the cloud with statistics, that same day, I will hire the service, I do not mind paying and it is not a high payment. And the added value should be no more cost, you would enter more because you would sell more cloud services.

I do not insist anymore with this, I see that we are all in agreement and it only depends on you how and when. I hope you surprise us with something good that makes you even stand out more about your competition, if you have one.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 12:14:03 PM

Awesome Miner version 5.4.1
- Z-enemy miner 1.16

With this version, the x16r benchmark does not work

Working fine on many machines for me Smiley
I don't think there is any general issue with this benchmark. If you still experience this problem, please send me an e-mail where you attach the log file for the computer (either Awesome Miner itself or the Remote Agent if used) where the miner is running and also let me know the time of the issue. Thanks!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 12:18:17 PM

Is someone succesfully using (algo) profit switching @ mining-dutch with baikal x10?
I've read suggestions in this thread, but I was unable to make awesome miner control baikal x10.
AM connects baikal api, but when I try to start external profit miner, it tells me to add more pools or to add more software to profit profile.
Thank you in advance.
Is the miner added as an External Miner in Awesome Miner? See instructions for the External Profit Switcher here:
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000086088-profit-switching-for-asic-mining

If you get any error message, can you please attach a screenshot where also the miner list is visible? Thanks!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 12:19:20 PM

<snip>
Using the Advanced Avalon config -- Perfect results. Visually now with top end of the graph at 15THs vs 50+THs is FAR easier to see a few THs drop from any 1 miner. Kudos for that Cheesy

edit: Query, when using the Advanced Avalon config and reporting per-miner does the Restart button do a global restart of cgminer (all miners on controller) or just restart the 1 miner? Since the Avalon API does has provision for it the ability to actually reboot the individual miner would be nice.
I will change the next release to display all individual miners on the ASIC tab for the case where you don't run with the Avalon-mode enabled.

I'm also trying to get documentation on the Avalon unique reboot API from the vendor, as the API do have some parameters you can specify what to reboot, but it may not be on the individual miner level but on the AUC level.
Upgraded main farm to 5.4.1 and Default Avalon mode ASIC's now display perfectly as they of course do when broken out using Advanced mode.

As for Canaan's API call for individual miner reboot, all I can suggest is looking at their GIT for the code they use for their OpenWRT-based controller 'firmware' Odds are that part of their code is the same for all the Avalon series or at least A7-8's.
I got a response from the Canaan development team yesterday that their own Reboot API doesn't support reboot of an individual miner, but they might add support for it in the future.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 12:21:45 PM

I only want to give my opinion about deep statistics.

I am not a user of the cloud service, although I would not mind paying if the price does not rise.

As indicated by moobidoo, upload statistics data of all subscribers in your own cloud can be bestial in your hosting account, unless it limits for example statistics to the last 3 months. And if it is a problem as indicated by Moobidoo link for example Dropbox, I have a business of 1tera.

An alternative to reduce costs in storage if at the end you store the statistical data, it is of course compress that data and cache to 4 -12 hours. It does not have to be real-time statistics. The frisking as you know, reduces the requests to the database and only reads a txt with the information, and this file is updated every X hours. I would reduce the threat and process, although it would not be bad to link it to an external Dropbox account in my particular case.

AM the program, has Database installed, could even the same in localhost display it in a browser window, and be the same equipment that has installed the AM who would store the data. But I understand that it can be a service of added value to the cloud service.

I do not use Cloud, because I have everything in the same place, in my house of three floors, in the basement, and I can put even more miners, I manage everything by RDP, and if something fails under a plant and restart. That's why I have not hired that service, but if you include those detailed statistics, the more details the better, it will be what will make me and other users pay the cloud service in the end, in my case only for the statistics.

In the telegram group that I have about AW, we have talked a lot, and we would not mind paying an amount per month for having that information, because in the end I will recover it by making better decisions. Especially towards online services and even on loose coins. It is important to have a vision of everything.

I know that you have it in mind, and that someday we may be surprised with a new version of the cloud with statistics, that same day, I will hire the service, I do not mind paying and it is not a high payment. And the added value should be no more cost, you would enter more because you would sell more cloud services.

I do not insist anymore with this, I see that we are all in agreement and it only depends on you how and when. I hope you surprise us with something good that makes you even stand out more about your competition, if you have one.
Thanks trucobit for your input on this as well. Although some of these development suggestions doesn't result in a new feature ready by tomorrow, it's still helpful for me to get an understanding of the requirements and ideas you have. This is used as input for future development of the software.

MHyza

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:47:29 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3378390.0

Z-Enemy 1.17 already Smiley

-  Major performance improvements: 5-10% for X16R & X16S, XDNA (hex), x17, Bitcore(BTX), c11, Sonoa, Renesis, Aergo
-  Lower end cards like 1050/1060 will see additional few %  (yes, a bonus)
-  The miner no longer depends on memory, it allows to run memory clock at +0 or -500 MHz without performance loss.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:12:15 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2018, 01:25:46 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

<snip>
I got a response from the Canaan development team yesterday that their own Reboot API doesn't support reboot of an individual miner, but they might add support for it in the future.
Err???
Um, just verified with mine -- individual reboot does work. Picked 1 out of 2x 721's on a controller, clicked its reboot button and it did. Picked 1 out of a string of 4x 741's, clicked reboot button and it did. The other miners in the chains were unaffected. Same with 841's so no idea what Canaan is talking about...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 01:57:02 PM

<snip>
Err???
Um, just verified with mine -- individual reboot does work. Picked 1 out of 2x 721's on a controller, clicked its reboot button and it did. Picked 1 out of a string of 4x 741's, clicked reboot button and it did. The other miners in the chains were unaffected. Same with 841's so no idea what Canaan is talking about...
Is there a way you can trace the command being sent to the miner - either via a log file or some network inspection? Is the reboot made over another interface than the cgminer API?

The exact response I got from a mail conversation that included several people from the Canaan team was:
"We do not support reboot a single miner via cgminer until now. We are considering adding the feature in the future."

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 01:58:30 PM

-  Major performance improvements: 5-10% for X16R & X16S, XDNA (hex), x17, Bitcore(BTX), c11, Sonoa, Renesis, Aergo
-  The miner no longer depends on memory, it allows to run memory clock at +0 or -500 MHz without performance loss.
Thanks! The plan is to include this one in the next update of Awesome Miner, planned for tomorrow (Wednesday).

darius510

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:41:45 PM

Do you have any plans to support the upcoming SQRL miner and/or acorns?

Even without acorn support at first, simply supporting SQRL miner because it has the ethlargement pill built in will be a major boost in ease of use. I have had so much trouble dealing with getting the pill launched and exited properly upon profit switching, all too often I'll RDP into a rig thats mining X16 and find the pill still launched even though I have multiple kill commands programmed. I just want to be done with this dependency already, and given that theyre supposedly going to pass along the benefits to GDDR5 cards with SQRL miner, its going to be the best ETH miner by a longshot, so the sooner you can support it, the better.

As far as the acorns go, I'm sure that will add a fair bit of complexity to support thoroughly, but at least from the outset it shouldnt be too difficult to just stand out of its way and let the SQRL miner handle that end.
MHyza

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:34:56 PM

Thanks! The plan is to include this one in the next update of Awesome Miner, planned for tomorrow (Wednesday).

Nice! You are the BEST as always Smiley There are performance improvements on 1080Ti really, I'm testing it already..
Thanks
Gongolo

Activity: 374
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:36:26 PM

Is someone succesfully using (algo) profit switching @ mining-dutch with baikal x10?
I've read suggestions in this thread, but I was unable to make awesome miner control baikal x10.
AM connects baikal api, but when I try to start external profit miner, it tells me to add more pools or to add more software to profit profile.
Thank you in advance.
Is the miner added as an External Miner in Awesome Miner? See instructions for the External Profit Switcher here:
https://support.awesomeminer.com/support/solutions/articles/35000086088-profit-switching-for-asic-mining

If you get any error message, can you please attach a screenshot where also the miner list is visible? Thanks!

Yes, miner is listed as external miner, awesome miner can access its api and see it working.
Some pictures follow (if I will be able to add them :-) ).  I'm using latest release, premium.

Thank you!
toptek12

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:44:00 AM

dam i guess they want to be top dog Smiley .. JK  I read a review some place about Z-Enemy and other miner that mine the same coins and it seems Z-Enemy is the best one, if they keep up with it .
badbart

Activity: 449
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:14:24 AM

How can you make BTG work with mining pool hub profit switching?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 08:03:03 AM

Do you have any plans to support the upcoming SQRL miner and/or acorns?

Even without acorn support at first, simply supporting SQRL miner because it has the ethlargement pill built in will be a major boost in ease of use. I have had so much trouble dealing with getting the pill launched and exited properly upon profit switching, all too often I'll RDP into a rig thats mining X16 and find the pill still launched even though I have multiple kill commands programmed. I just want to be done with this dependency already, and given that theyre supposedly going to pass along the benefits to GDDR5 cards with SQRL miner, its going to be the best ETH miner by a longshot, so the sooner you can support it, the better.

As far as the acorns go, I'm sure that will add a fair bit of complexity to support thoroughly, but at least from the outset it shouldnt be too difficult to just stand out of its way and let the SQRL miner handle that end.
The general idea is to support everything that is popular and provides an API. I'm not really familiar with this device but if it turns out that many people will be using it and there is a way to manage and monitor it, I will for sure look into it.

Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:06:12 AM

yeah BTG does not show up under benchmark
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 08:06:36 AM

Thank you in advance.

Yes, miner is listed as external miner, awesome miner can access its api and see it working.
Some pictures follow (if I will be able to add them :-) ).  I'm using latest release, premium.

Thank you!

Thanks for sharing the details.

The first screenshot is correct. This is the only configuration you need to do to enable the External Profit Switcher. The External Profit Switching feature operates by changing priorities of existing pools of an already running External Miner. See the documentation link for more details.

The other concepts like Managed Profit Miner and the configuration of Managed Profit Switching in the Options dialog are only for GPU and CPU mining - not for ASIC mining.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 08:15:01 AM

yeah BTG does not show up under benchmark
The concepts around the algorithm for BTG is a bit complicated.

1) BTG was first listed as Equihash BTG on WhatToMine.com and Coincalculators.io
2) The algorithm for BTG was then changed to be reported as ZHash from these sites, so the name "Equihash BTG" probably need to be removed from Awesome Miner
3) BTG is based on Equihash 144,5 with some personalization.
4) There are other Equihash 144,5 coins like XSG that is considered to be just Equihash 144,5 but not Zhash like BTG. See CoinCalculators.io
5) Mining pool hub currently list the algorithm for BTG as "Equihash BTG"

So BTG has been a moving target and for that reason not been easy to tell how Awesome Miner should handle it. The plan is of course to support it out-of-the-box in a good way, but so far everyone seems to have a different view on how to represent this algorithm.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 08:32:01 AM

Awesome Miner version 5.4.2

- Miner list sorting on description column can use IP address sorting if no other description is set
- Remove support for Tile mode when displaying list of miners
- Reduce size of configuration file
- T-Rex miner 0.6.1
- Z-enemy miner 1.17
- Correction to SIA wallet balance

Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: