Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:09:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701106 times)
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:54:49 PM

Thanks, that did the trick!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinbizarre

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:56:13 PM

I have a question about the SMTP notifications, if the awesome miner fails to send a notification email for some reason, is there a way for the program to resend it
tf2addict

Activity: 675
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:19:16 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2018, 06:58:39 PM by tf2addict

Need to add Cryptonight-Fast as an algorithm.
trucobit

Activity: 756
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:57:11 PM

Hi, it actually makes sense to have benchmarks per coin instead of per algo. It may be a bit of hard work to tweak this in the programming, but in the long run us (users) will have a more down to earth expectation of what we would be earning and the profit switching would be more accurate.

I'm not sure why you would want this.  Awesome Miner calculates your earnings based upon your current hashrate, and current price price/difficulty of the coin.

If you are getting a different hashrate for two coins on the same algorithm, then something is wrong with you system or setup.
I think you do not pay much attention to hashrates for hours like me.

Choose 10 different coins, for example Neoscrypt, from different pools in different parts of the world, and then take the test. You'll see that you get different hashrate values.

If I am in Spain and I am in contact with a server in the USA or Japan, my connectivity is not as good, with which the hashrate is reduced. If the configuration of Vardiff is not correct in the server, it also changes the hashrate, and so several more things. Hypothetically it is always the same hashrate, but different causes make it fall for different reasons. A Pool in a bad server, will have bad connectivity, bad response, and therefore a poorer hashrate.

The only way to get it right and correct is to be able to measure the hashrate by pool / currency

I only invite you to take the test and then give your opinion. I have seen it in many currencies, in X17, x16s etc ... Different currencies, different hashrates, but within a margin. In X17 XVG the same rig gives 114-118 mhs, and in another currency that I can not remember now it did not exceed 105, and it is the same thing.

These hashrate differences cause the switch to be incorrect.

This is forcing me to do 3 hours tests in each pool / currency to see the deviation and modify it in the pool through the Profit field, but this is just a patch.

Please do the test and then give your opinion.
tf2addict

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:03:21 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2018, 01:08:46 AM by tf2addict

The profit display for a user-defined coin does not work when the coin algo is set to "unspecified/multi".

I tried a test using these numbers:

Difficulty: 100,000,000
Block Reward: 10
Value in BTC: 1

Hash rate:  12.5 kh

Profit per day:  $0.00016

That makes no sense.   If I change to some specific algo the profit calc works.  In both cases the algo on the managed miner was set to "unspecified/multi".  This isn't a big problem but it does seem to be a bug unless I'm overlooking something.
tf2addict

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:22:26 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2018, 07:44:34 PM by tf2addict

Another possible bug:  If I set a managed miner's algo to "unspecified/multi" using Cast XMR it is still sending the --algo command line parameter of the last algo I was using, therefore I can't override it with a different algo using the command line option of the managed miner's configuration.  You really need to add Cryptonight-Fast as an algorithm choice.
baf28

Activity: 117

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:15:14 AM

For the coin ZERO (ZER) in the EWBF miner 0.3 there is not enough parameter "--pers ZERO_PoW"

Please add this option in the next version.

I temporarily added this parameter to the advanced pool settings.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 04:55:02 AM

Let me see if I follow... you have Awesome Miner installed on a separate computer from your rig... or are they on the same computer?  If they are on the same computer, your computer may have rebooted, and that's why it appears that they have both stopped.  You can enable a feature  to start Awesome Miner to start when windows starts under the General options.

Your last sentence makes it sound like you moved the Awesome Miner program to another computer and you are still having this problem?  Did you install the Remote Service on your rig?
yes, i install the remote service on my rig.  i change my main awesome from laptop to pc. when on laptop awesome running well. after i change to pc then prob come, i use same registration code on my new pc.

Is your PC crashing and rebooting?
puwaha

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:00:26 AM

Using that Fork is when I realized the difference of hash between currencies of the same protocol, that disables the effectiveness of Auto swtich and maybe it is the biggest failure of the program, which in my opinion should be taken into account for next updates, for Ensure better changes of the auto switch.

What are your settings for profit switching?  What do you have the switching interval set to?

1m   28-32%

That is way too fast.  Your miners may not even ramp up to full speed by the time another switch happens.
puwaha

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:09:47 AM

Hi, it actually makes sense to have benchmarks per coin instead of per algo. It may be a bit of hard work to tweak this in the programming, but in the long run us (users) will have a more down to earth expectation of what we would be earning and the profit switching would be more accurate.

I'm not sure why you would want this.  Awesome Miner calculates your earnings based upon your current hashrate, and current price price/difficulty of the coin.

If you are getting a different hashrate for two coins on the same algorithm, then something is wrong with you system or setup.

Choose 10 different coins, for example Neoscrypt, from different pools in different parts of the world, and then take the test. You'll see that you get different hashrate values.

If I am in Spain and I am in contact with a server in the USA or Japan, my connectivity is not as good, with which the hashrate is reduced. If the configuration of Vardiff is not correct in the server, it also changes the hashrate, and so several more things. Hypothetically it is always the same hashrate, but different causes make it fall for different reasons. A Pool in a bad server, will have bad connectivity, bad response, and therefore a poorer hashrate.

I think you are introducing artificial problems here.  The hashrate on the pool side may be different, but it will be the same on your rig for the same algorithm if every other setting is equal.

I don't understand why you would intentionally connect to pools that would introduce more latency.

The only way to get it right and correct is to be able to measure the hashrate by pool / currency

But this would be an inaccurate measurement by Awesome Miner.  Awesome Miner can't control the packets as they travel across the internet.  You could be affected by natural latency, by bad routing by ISPs and carriers.

I only invite you to take the test and then give your opinion. I have seen it in many currencies, in X17, x16s etc ... Different currencies, different hashrates, but within a margin. In X17 XVG the same rig gives 114-118 mhs, and in another currency that I can not remember now it did not exceed 105, and it is the same thing.

This is forcing me to do 3 hours tests in each pool / currency to see the deviation and modify it in the pool through the Profit field, but this is just a patch.

I honestly think you are making this harder than it should be.  You should be selecting low latency pools.
ZhuGheLiang

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 10:10:25 AM

Let me see if I follow... you have Awesome Miner installed on a separate computer from your rig... or are they on the same computer?  If they are on the same computer, your computer may have rebooted, and that's why it appears that they have both stopped.  You can enable a feature  to start Awesome Miner to start when windows starts under the General options.

Your last sentence makes it sound like you moved the Awesome Miner program to another computer and you are still having this problem?  Did you install the Remote Service on your rig?
yes, i install the remote service on my rig.  i change my main awesome from laptop to pc. when on laptop awesome running well. after i change to pc then prob come, i use same registration code on my new pc.

Is your PC crashing and rebooting?
no, my rig was standby. n at awesome main, statt for my rig is stopping. must to close awesome main first before i restart my rig
sidog

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:28:17 AM

not sure if this has been address, but i have 14 managed miners, but only the gpu names on the first miner shows up.   All rigs have 1080 ti's (Same msi 1080 ti cards).   

Finnsk3

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:58:44 AM

Hi all,

I am interested to know if anyone has successfully used the awesome miner api to perform actions as I am fairly sure it doesn't actually work.

I am trying to perform an API call to stop a miner and looking at the documentation you just need to perform a post to /api/miners/id with the post data action=stop.

Here is an output from my request, I am performing a request to the api, I am then performing the exact same request to a page that dumps request type and post data to confirm the post is correct:

Code:
Fetching: http://###.###.com:9999/api/miners/10
Post Data: action=stop
Response:

Fetching: http://###.###.com/post.php
Response:
REQUEST_METHOD = POST
POST DATA:
Array
(
    [action] => stop
)

This does absolutely nothing and there is no response back from the miner.

I have done quite a bit of work using the awesome miner API but this is the first time I have attempted to perform an action.
Here is my replacement for the awesome miner web front end: http://stats.finnsk3.com
I plan to add in a bunch of controls once I get the API to work for me.
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:07:20 AM

Hi all,

I am interested to know if anyone has successfully used the awesome miner api to perform actions as I am fairly sure it doesn't actually work.

I am trying to perform an API call to stop a miner and looking at the documentation you just need to perform a post to /api/miners/id with the post data action=stop.

Here is an output from my request, I am performing a request to the api, I am then performing the exact same request to a page that dumps request type and post data to confirm the post is correct:

Code:
Fetching: http://###.###.com:9999/api/miners/10
Response:

Fetching: http://###.###.com/post.php
Response:
REQUEST_METHOD = POST
POST DATA:
Array
(
    [action] => stop
)

This does absolutely nothing and there is no response back from the miner.

I have done quite a bit of work using the awesome miner API but this is the first time I have attempted to perform an action.
Here is my replacement for the awesome miner web front end: http://stats.finnsk3.com
I plan to add in a bunch of controls once I get the API to work for me.

First, you have a very nice looking website there! Kudos!

Second, I'm not a programmer, so more of a copy paster and just trial & error experiment. But I do use Excel VBA to make api calls to initiate actions (rules) on miners

The call section looks like this:

Code:
URLConcat = "http://mypc:17790/api/miners/" & Cells(2, 1).Value & "?action=rule&rule_id=9"

Set objHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
objHTTP.Open "POST", URLConcat, False
objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
objHTTP.send ("")

Don't know how it could help by much, but to answer your question, yes, I have been able to perform actions via the API without issues.

Cheers
trucobit

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:17:35 AM

I think you are introducing artificial problems here.  The hashrate on the pool side may be different, but it will be the same on your rig for the same algorithm if every other setting is equal.

I don't understand why you would intentionally connect to pools that would introduce more latency.

But this would be an inaccurate measurement by Awesome Miner.  Awesome Miner can't control the packets as they travel across the internet.  You could be affected by natural latency, by bad routing by ISPs and carriers.

I honestly think you are making this harder than it should be.  You should be selecting low latency pools.

So what do you suggest? to look for the best group and leave the profit at 1?

How to know if a group is the best or not, if it is not measured with a test?

I am going to leave a list of different currencies, looking for your best Pool, and you will see what difference there is from estimated profits (profit 1) to when it is measured at least 2 times, that is, two tests of 3 hours at different times and doing the average, you can verify that Profit 1 is not valid and is deceptive.

I really appreciate your answers, and I know that theoretically you are right, but one thing is theory and another practice.

Honestly, I think you want to make the difficult easy. You can win with little effort, but you can earn more with more effort.

List of measured coins, measured in Profit, have been tested twice and averaged their results, from the estimate to receive and what is actually received in the pool, to see if you understand the problem

INN  0.60   BSOD 
MANO  0.80  gos.cx 
ABS 0.65    gos.cx   
DNR  0.65    yiimp.eu 
BTX  0.95     suprnovq
RVN  0.9     ravenminer
PGN  0.97     suprnova
XVG  0.80      suprnova
CREA  0.77    yiimp.eu
RABBIT  1.2   angry pool   
BSD  0.80  Suprnova
ZCR 1.05   phi-phi-pool 
GIN  1.07  angrypool       
XMN 0.95  gos.cx   
Mona 0.65  suprnova
GRLC  0.9    garlicpool     
DSR  0.80  uniming.net
TLR    0.90 taler-pool.online
MBC  0.65  arcpool    repeat  in blockmasters.co     
Urals  1.6  pool.uralcoins.info   
Kreds  0,70  supernova     
B-hash 1.15 BSOD
Ore  0.95
btcz 1.01
GRV  1.04  BSOD   
ALPS  0.98 angrypool 
CRS  0.9  haspool.eu
Lux Phi2  0.84 bsod   
hth   0.80  protopool
btg 0.95  suprnova
crc   0.80   bsod   
DIN 1.05  BSOD
ZXZ  1.01  gos.cx   
SPK  0.7  bsod   

You only look for the best pool (I also look for it, but I check it) and forget, do not change any parameters or test the pool's performance.

Now think slowly, and imagine who will have the best auto swtich closest to reality.
And now I wait for your explanation because what I do is wrong, or really bad is to make the minimum effort and then complain about poor performance.

Right now I'm testing coins and pools, my goal is just to stay between 20-30 coins that I will change every month, we are several people at once checking the performance of the pools and we write them down in an online excel, each one deals with a Lot of coins and makes the measurements.

Now say that my way of working, even being slower and heavier, has no logic but to add a pool and forget.

It's the last time I post that list and it's not complete. Every 15 days all the coins are reviewed, first we look for a better pool, and then we do another 3 hours work test, seeing the estimated and the obtained, to calculate the Profit.

This can obviously be automated in a certain way only if the program allows it, but does not allow it. These measurements are key to hit more times in the auto switch.

For you a pool can be good, because it is close to it, or because it conforms to ignorance, but for me it can be a pool disaster.

to practical examples, it is not the same to earn 0.1 btc per day than to earn 0.13 btc, it is 30% more, but yes, it is more difficult, but I want results, I am not afraid of working hours. To others like you, it's going to be simple and easy, but a little blind as to what you expect and obtain.
trucobit

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:32:33 AM

Using that Fork is when I realized the difference of hash between currencies of the same protocol, that disables the effectiveness of Auto swtich and maybe it is the biggest failure of the program, which in my opinion should be taken into account for next updates, for Ensure better changes of the auto switch.

What are your settings for profit switching?  What do you have the switching interval set to?

1m   28-32%

That is way too fast.  Your miners may not even ramp up to full speed by the time another switch happens.
Have you tried it to say that?

I get coins and they are between 10 minutes and 50 minutes, sometimes longer.

The key is the percentage of profits, the difference that must exist between currencies.

If I play with time, for example 15, 20, 25 minutes, if you make a bad change of currency (a lot happens), you will be undermining a bad currency for a long time. At 1 minute, that error only lasts 1 minute.

A 30% change, my currency must lower profitability and raise another.

I suggest you try it before accelerated conclusions.

I think that, as in the previous commentary, you do not bother to do any kind of tests, so your experience is minimal, no matter how much theory you may know.

I have done many combinations for days and measuring the profit in satochis, I am looking at the coins and the changes for hours .. Please, please try the configuration.

Not because it is 1 minute, it will change every bit, as I mentioned, when you catch a coin you can hold it for a long time, that high percentage filters the peaks of some coins that you have sometimes and I avoid making useless changes.

Please try, or tell me your configuration and I will taste it with pleasure to draw my own conclusion, but surely you have already tried your configuration.
trucobit

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 05:04:08 AM

I just bothered to read all your comments in bitcointalk. You always want to be right, and even to insult people calling her silly for using the term ROI which is also very valid.

In all the post you end up arguing because you are intransigent, and for what you have shown me in AW, a total ignorant of the practice, but if you know the theory.

That said and for the good of the forum, I will not answer any comments. If you are looking for a fight, look for it in another post. To others, who see their message history and see that he is an unpleasant person who only knows how to talk and always wants to be right, it does not matter what post you read. He is very smart and the others are very stupid

If your life sucks, do not infect me. Here ends my conversation with you and your super intellect, and I will ignore you.
puwaha

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:09:41 AM

Honestly, I think you want to make the difficult easy. You can win with little effort, but you can earn more with more effort.

I applaud your efforts, but you are talking about the difference of pennies or cents.  Isn't your time worth more?

You only look for the best pool (I also look for it, but I check it) and forget, do not change any parameters or test the pool's performance.

Now think slowly, and imagine who will have the best auto swtich closest to reality.
And now I wait for your explanation because what I do is wrong, or really bad is to make the minimum effort and then complain about poor performance.

Your first problem is that you are profit switching.  For many reasons... I've stated them numerous times on this thread.. chasing a hot coin is not worth the effort.  You simply do not earn more by attempting to profit switch on services like zpool.  And when you have your profit switching interval set too low like the one minute you have you are not earning more.  You are spending more time switching than mining.

Right now I'm testing coins and pools, my goal is just to stay between 20-30 coins that I will change every month, we are several people at once checking the performance of the pools and we write them down in an online excel, each one deals with a Lot of coins and makes the measurements.

There are many factors you cannot control.  For one, network latency is not a static variable, as it will constantly change.  Hashrate is not a static variable, as it will constantly change.  Network hashrate and difficulty is not a static variale, as it will constantly change.  Exchange rates are not a static variable, as it will constantly change.  Different coins have different maturity rates.  Pool operators have different algorithms for getting coins to exchanges, Low volume coins sell at different rates, and dumps affect exchange rates.  Temporary pumps any serve to have you chase a coin that will not be worth what you think it will be when it's finally been exchanged to bitcoin and sent back to you.

puwaha

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:17:05 AM

I honestly think you are making this harder than it should be.  You should be selecting low latency pools.

I just bothered to read all your comments in bitcointalk. You always want to be right, and even to insult people calling her silly for using the term ROI which is also very valid.

Ugh...   I'm not going to get into this.  I've insulted no one, even when I'm right.  When I'm wrong, I certainly admit it.  Good luck with your experiments.  I suspect that when you get some more mining experience, you will understand what I'm trying to convey.

In all the post you end up arguing because you are intransigent, and for what you have shown me in AW, a total ignorant of the practice, but if you know the theory.

Good luck... some day you will realize that profit switching is a game that you cannot win.

That said and for the good of the forum, I will not answer any comments. If you are looking for a fight, look for it in another post. To others, who see their message history and see that he is an unpleasant person who only knows how to talk and always wants to be right, it does not matter what post you read. He is very smart and the others are very stupid

If your life sucks, do not infect me. Here ends my conversation with you and your super intellect, and I will ignore you.

Have fun.  If you care to comment once more... please quote me where I insulted you?
Finnsk3

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:35:20 AM

First, you have a very nice looking website there! Kudos!

Second, I'm not a programmer, so more of a copy paster and just trial & error experiment. But I do use Excel VBA to make api calls to initiate actions (rules) on miners

The call section looks like this:

Code:
URLConcat = "http://mypc:17790/api/miners/" & Cells(2, 1).Value & "?action=rule&rule_id=9"

Set objHTTP = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
objHTTP.Open "POST", URLConcat, False
objHTTP.setRequestHeader "Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
objHTTP.send ("")

Don't know how it could help by much, but to answer your question, yes, I have been able to perform actions via the API without issues.

Cheers

You are a life saver, adding Content-Type to the request header sorted it out.
For those using curl or PHP:
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array('Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded'));

Here is my completed code, now my wife can use her PC with out having to worry about stopping the miner. (She has 2x 10080tis in her rig)
https://pastebin.com/30c9LKdj
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: