May 08, 2024, 10:40:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289448 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
righteousfire

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:21:18 PM

I was running 1.1.0.17 and then I downloaded the updated client on the website. I am not sure if the sending receiving address is the same one as the older backup as I removed my coins from mintpal and i think I created a new mintpal address but cannot remember as it was a few weeks back. is there a way to locate the client dat file by running a search on my computer files without the client running? or do you have to backup client  while client is running, I have 402,000 silkcoin and only have 225,000 backed up in a dat file on a stick drive. If the unbacked up coins are sent to another address does this mean i have lost my coins? can I locate them on my computer somehow? surely there is a way to get the dat file from my computer without client running. I wish I had not updated to the new client this is very stressful for a Sunday. This is what really puts me off crypto, problems like this that i have no ability to remedy.
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
righteousfire

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:45:31 PM

Ok,
I have stopped stressing now, sorry. I am tech retarded if you havent already noticed lol. I locatedmy dat file by going through artelous steps and found the wallet dat in %appdata% search. Saved it to a safe place.
I am running new client that is now syncing up and says balance 0. So I guess now all i need to learn is how to add the wallet dat file to the newly synced wallet so my balance returns.

Do I have this right? I hope so.
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:05:05 AM

Ok,
I have stopped stressing now, sorry. I am tech retarded if you havent already noticed lol. I locatedmy dat file by going through artelous steps and found the wallet dat in %appdata% search. Saved it to a safe place.
I am running new client that is now syncing up and says balance 0. So I guess now all i need to learn is how to add the wallet dat file to the newly synced wallet so my balance returns.

Do I have this right? I hope so.

You bet.  Just move the backed up .dat file into the silkcoin folder in %appdata%.   You'll find there is two different appdata folders.  One is hidden %appdata% can also been shown by using the 'show hidden folders' option. The other is regular appdata so you won't find anything you need there.  All cryptos run in the hidden folder.  In case you're looking for other wallets.  Or have to move them.

Just remember when you move the backed up wallet.dat into silkcoin folder to copy it and make sure you have that file still available elsewhere In case of error.

Do note, as a general rule rule it's always safest to backup any of your cryptos using this method rather then from the client.  There has been cases where clients have corrupted the backup.

So copy your wallet.dat into the hidden silkcoin folder. Make sure the one in there is deleted first or overwrite it  (you don't want two) and restart the client.  You'll see your coins come into the wallet as they were sent on the blockchain.

Also don't try and stake while  the blockchain is syncing.  Can cause issues.

One  more thing. Haven't heard recently but the chain was syncing slow before.  If you run into that issue you can download the blockchain.zip from github (main link at top of ann) and overwrite the files that are included with the .zip in the silkcoin folder.  Will skip the entire sync process. 

Try syncing for now though and let me know how it goes. 

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:11:16 AM

@Arte

Well I see. The point of having a presence in many exhanges is to give people an occasion to buy.  But the downside is ''little market coin'' can't split between echanges without killing volume. I see it for fluttercoin (working for flt).  

But still I would avoid attacking exchanges - nothing good to get out of it imo. Mintpal is doing fine for a so young exchange.

Anyway i guess you guys have a plan - so i guess too i won't buy Silk on mintpal (was the reason of my question). I was thinking of eating a bit of the sell order book - but will find another spot.

Lol sure buy silk on mintpal.  They haven't or do not plan anymore to delist us.

And Don't get me wrong mintpal has been awesome to us.  It was moolah that said they would delist us along with a bunch of other coins calling them scam coins and dead coins.. was a bold statement.  Congrats on the mintpal guys for selling the exchange to moolah.  Lol

They of course now have changed their minds..  Likely realized their revenue was coming from a bunch of these 'dead' coins. 

Don't think I'm attacking exchanges. Just saying they'll have to do better then calling down all the coins that got their exchange to where it is and censoring and not responding to a single post or reply to do with the changeover.

Shady business imo.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:29:33 AM

@Arte

Well I see. The point of having a presence in many exhanges is to give people an occasion to buy.  But the downside is ''little market coin'' can't split between echanges without killing volume. I see it for fluttercoin (working for flt).  

But still I would avoid attacking exchanges - nothing good to get out of it imo. Mintpal is doing fine for a so young exchange.

Anyway i guess you guys have a plan - so i guess too i won't buy Silk on mintpal (was the reason of my question). I was thinking of eating a bit of the sell order book - but will find another spot.

Lol sure buy silk on mintpal.  They haven't or do not plan anymore to delist us.

And Don't get me wrong mintpal has been awesome to us.  It was moolah that said they would delist us along with a bunch of other coins calling them scam coins and dead coins.. was a bold statement.  Congrats on the mintpal guys for selling the exchange to moolah.  Lol

They of course now have changed their minds..  Likely realized their revenue was coming from a bunch of these 'dead' coins. 

Don't think I'm attacking exchanges. Just saying they'll have to do better then calling down all the coins that got their exchange to where it is and censoring and not responding to a single post or reply to do with the changeover.

Shady business imo.

And yes gives the occasion to buy.  And the occasion to build walls wherever traders trying to devalue a coin for entry want.
     I wonder what ratio of users all use the big 4 cryptsy mintpal polo and bittrex..  like how many traders have accounts at all 4? Likely most.  Again the reason why I don't see it necessary to be on tons of exchanges.   If the volume is there. It doesn't make a difference if it's traded on 1 or 4 price wise.  Except for the fact that it gives traders leverage over communities trying to make their coin succeed.

As far as the blog post.. I've watched it over and over and over again.   Woooo  new exchange... up up up..  oh  crash crash crash.  On to the next.  Remaining coins get the beats on all fronts.

Remember the movie 300? You think the Spartans could have won if they were being attacked from all sides? Nope.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:31:16 AM

And yes.   I just related camels to Spartans. .

We are... Silkcoin!!!!!

anarchyx

Activity: 480
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:47:29 AM

http://silkcoin.wordpress.com/2014/09/27/altcoins-and-exchanges/

Please use wordpress site when looking for this bitcointalk forum post.  We need to work on backlinks.
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:52:28 AM

Please use wordpress site when looking for this bitcointalk forum post.  We need to work on backlinks.

Or a mod please remove the other 2 silkcoin threads? Please?

anarchyx

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:08:46 AM

Or a mod please remove the other 2 silkcoin threads? Please?

Wouldn't that make life easier, or at the very least lock the old threads so they don't get bumped
PenguinsAreCool

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 03:42:23 AM

Lol much DOGE pump and dump
Sorry, unrelated but I had to point it out.
anarchyx

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:35:10 PM

People must be dumping doge for silk Smiley
armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:04:39 PM

People must be dumping doge for silk Smiley

Sell your doge, buy silk!  Grin

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
righteousfire

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:49:42 AM

Well day two of trying to get this buggy client to sync up. its getting stuck at 60,000 and 62,000 and 120,000 then just wont go past it. Silkcoin is just plain buggy. Too many bugs and way too much trouble for people to invest in this.
I have 400,000 in a dat file that I cannot even get onto a client as it just will not sync up. I have tried downloading the blockchain that did not work either. I have uninstalled and rein staled 5 times. Nothing. Waht is going on with this coin?
righteousfire

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:03:02 AM

Well I am done with this coin.

I have 400,000 in a dat file and no working client. Who wants to buy the dat file from me as I want out.

I will sell the entire amount to the highest bidder and will send dat file with encryption password to your email. We can use a escrow to make the deal.

Any takers?
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:05:21 AM

Well day two of trying to get this buggy client to sync up. its getting stuck at 60,000 and 62,000 and 120,000 then just wont go past it. Silkcoin is just plain buggy. Too many bugs and way too much trouble for people to invest in this.
I have 400,000 in a dat file that I cannot even get onto a client as it just will not sync up. I have tried downloading the blockchain that did not work either. I have uninstalled and rein staled 5 times. Nothing. Waht is going on with this coin?
Send a PM to arteleis. He will e able to sort you out.

Ive never had such an issue with my wallet, despite many upgrades, but some appear to have the odd issue.

It looks most people with the problem have a corrupt block chain in their appdata folder, the solution seems to be to make a backup of your wallet.dat and delete the blockchain data in the appdata folder.

arteleis will give you more info on this, and its been touched on a few times here now.

Hope this helps Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 01:53:12 PM

When stuck at 60 , 62 and or 120 try close client and restart again

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
SWISS
MADE
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:21:06 PM

I have 400,000 in a dat file and no working client. Who wants to buy the dat file from me as I want out.

I will sell the entire amount to the highest bidder and will send dat file with encryption password to your email. We can use a escrow to make the deal.

Any takers?

Sure.  How much you want?

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 02:43:07 PM

Any takers?

Although it would be my advice go a little further learning how to use a cryptocurrency, have a little patience, and refrain from insulting me via email and puking all over the thread.

I'll happily buy them from you if you want, but I wouldn't want you to lose out on what's coming.  I've read your other posts, I'm very sorry you lost so much money on quarks.. and put your family at risk by poor investments.. but taking that out on this comm.. we'll it just isn't nice.

Learning cryptocurrency, and starting a sync at the beginning of a very long chain is frustrating yes.. I think bitcoin takes 3 days now to sync? Lol I've heard hobo nickels takes 5?

I'm not sure how you are downloading the blockchain, but if it's done correctly you'll skip the ugly parts of the old chain. 

As I said I'm back by a computer tonite and can continue walking you through.. don't want you kicking yourself in the ass again when you realize you've just sold all your silk for cheap..

In retrospect, if you have a family to support, crypto investments beyond the means of expendable income is likely not for you.  Perhaps look into GICS or RRSPs. Something low risk.  Crypto is as high risk as it can get.

Otherwise we're here to help.  Unfortunately cryptos are still in the stone age when it comes to a new user and many frustrations arise (for all of us) when going through the learning curve.

Let me know the plan.

bobthenager

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 04:06:57 PM

I'll buy that Silk if you've still got it in a day or two...Although I think you're letting your frustration get the best of you like Arteleis said. If this isn't the best community in crypto it's right up there. You're not gonna find the type of people in another forum that you've stumbled across here. The integrity coupled with the work ethic show by the devs/community here is flat out tops. Good luck!
righteousfire

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:24:30 PM

arteleis, where have I ever insulted you in email? what are you trying to paint here??? I thanked you in my emails you deceiver. I thanked you for your time and hard work, but said due to all the sticking sync problems this coin is doomed I believe. People will just not put up with that as it proves incompetency.
Dont turn around and insult me and say I have been insulting you via email as that just proves you are not an honest man and gives me all the more reason to run from this glitchy, buggy train wreck of a coin. I have had no problems at all with any other coins, they are user firendly enough at least where the average Joe can download and use without having to be given an instruction manual on how to get it to sync up because of the old devs. The excuse of "because of the old devs" wont fly with smart money or any real investor. You guys are truly pissing in the wind if these issues are not rectified. I am sorry but this is the truth of it.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: