Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:14:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825828 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 09:00:10 AM

Ok i understand everything you`re saying but, problem for me is that dev isn`t active enough.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Doging

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 11:10:19 AM

I don't thinks that's a problem, merchant acceptance/adoption and lack of applications built on the clearinghouse protocol might be but overall that's more a case of the the wider community not using all the tools at it's disposal

If there's specific development you would like to see then you're welcome to post them there's a release schedule on the Viacoin blog site http://blog.viacoin.org/2015/03/27/viacoin-release-schedule.htm you can add comment there.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 11:15:31 AM

Ok i understand everything you`re saying but, problem for me is that dev isn`t active enough.

Active on what? He is a developer who released a fine quality open source digital currency. It seems to me he works on the software, but where his digital currency goes whether it will be successful or not depend on many factors, not least on the community.

The activity of btcdrak, even if he would be hyper active in here 24/7 wouldn't solve the underlying problems regarding the slow adoption of crypto currencies and particularly altcoins.
Marcus Augustus

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:21:08 PM

I don't thinks that's a problem, merchant acceptance/adoption and lack of applications built on the clearinghouse protocol might be but overall that's more a case of the the wider community not using all the tools at it's disposal

If there's specific development you would like to see then you're welcome to post them there's a release schedule on the Viacoin blog site http://blog.viacoin.org/2015/03/27/viacoin-release-schedule.htm you can add comment there.

http://blog.viacoin.org/2015/03/27/viacoin-release-schedule.html

Yingsena dropped the "L". Try that one.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:26:06 PM

Active on what? He is a developer who released a fine quality open source digital currency. It seems to me he works on the software, but where his digital currency goes whether it will be successful or not depend on many factors, not least on the community.

The activity of btcdrak, even if he would be hyper active in here 24/7 wouldn't solve the underlying problems regarding the slow adoption of crypto currencies and particularly altcoins.

While the community's actions could -although rarely are- help, the work of the developer is not -as a matter of fact should not be- to do the actual developing, which BTCDrak has outsourced, for instance, to Peter Todd and others. . And the community (or his investors) must support that development providing the means, either with direct cooperation and ideas or with MEAS/MONEY. That's why BTCDrak made his IPO. Problem is that he considers that his personal money and hasn't invested a single raw cent in promoting the coin anywhere. How is there going to be any adoption, or even consideration of such, if no one that could maybe adopt it even know that it exist? The developer has to DEVELOP the project, not necessarily code himself. Or do any of the specific actions that must be taken. But he has to PAY for them to be done. Just like he had no problem in paying Peter Todd. He is I'm afraid so ... I was going to say stupid but let just leave it at business-impaired, that said to me he was willing to pay for marketing/promotion but "... only if guaranteed specific results". Which is, I'm sorry, plain stupid. You devise a plan, implement it and, if you chose the right plan, and follow it, you will obtain some results. Which can be -and usually are- not even remotely closed to what you expect. This is true for small investments and for muli million dollar campaigns of very well established corporations.

The end result is that NOTHING is done. At all. And the project languishes toward obsoletism since anything that VIA can do, multitude others can do better. And are marketed/promoted with various degrees of success.

Appealing to the community for anything other than money, is not just futile it is way counter productive. Even when -as is the case- there are members with great ideas bent on implementing them by themselves. I remember there was a member of VIA that wanted, for months if not years- to implement a ledger for art works etc. Excellent idea, no question. Excellent idea that has gone, of course, nowhere like any other goes nowhere and produces that not even that one can be done by others, professional ones, paid professional ones, preferably. It is just an example.

BTCDrak enjoys his ICO money, his posting in Twitter and hobnobbing -even if ridiculed- with the elite of crypto. And doing nothing else. And hence the reason why a project that had a reasonable chance of relative success is going and will go nowhere.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 04:29:53 AM

While the community's actions could -although rarely are- help, the work of the developer is not -as a matter of fact should not be- to do the actual developing, which BTCDrak has outsourced, for instance, to Peter Todd and others. . And the community (or his investors) must support that development providing the means, either with direct cooperation and ideas or with MEAS/MONEY. That's why BTCDrak made his IPO. Problem is that he considers that his personal money and hasn't invested a single raw cent in promoting the coin anywhere. How is there going to be any adoption, or even consideration of such, if no one that could maybe adopt it even know that it exist? The developer has to DEVELOP the project, not necessarily code himself. Or do any of the specific actions that must be taken. But he has to PAY for them to be done. Just like he had no problem in paying Peter Todd. He is I'm afraid so ... I was going to say stupid but let just leave it at business-impaired, that said to me he was willing to pay for marketing/promotion but "... only if guaranteed specific results". Which is, I'm sorry, plain stupid. You devise a plan, implement it and, if you chose the right plan, and follow it, you will obtain some results. Which can be -and usually are- not even remotely closed to what you expect. This is true for small investments and for muli million dollar campaigns of very well established corporations.

The end result is that NOTHING is done. At all. And the project languishes toward obsoletism since anything that VIA can do, multitude others can do better. And are marketed/promoted with various degrees of success.

Appealing to the community for anything other than money, is not just futile it is way counter productive. Even when -as is the case- there are members with great ideas bent on implementing them by themselves. I remember there was a member of VIA that wanted, for months if not years- to implement a ledger for art works etc. Excellent idea, no question. Excellent idea that has gone, of course, nowhere like any other goes nowhere and produces that not even that one can be done by others, professional ones, paid professional ones, preferably. It is just an example.

BTCDrak enjoys his ICO money, his posting in Twitter and hobnobbing -even if ridiculed- with the elite of crypto. And doing nothing else. And hence the reason why a project that had a reasonable chance of relative success is going and will go nowhere.

I thought it was made clear that the ICO was for development, kinda contradict yourself implying that the ICO was for personal gain and that development was outsourced.  

Your complaining about NOTHING really aren't you?

"BTCDrak enjoys his ICO money, his posting in Twitter and hobnobbing"  

- Ridiculed! Crypto Elite!   Oh No, The Sky Is Falling  

Transmission 35 - Bitcoin Blocksize, Knights of the Satoshi, Coin Cadence, BTCDrak, Genesis Mining
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgx8jziR9p0  - a lot of hobnobbing going on here !

" I remember there was a member of VIA that wanted, for months if not years- to implement a ledger for art works etc." Erik the community manager had a lot of enthusiasm for a while his site for The Morellian project is still up with a notice coming in 2015. Maybe he wanted a slice of the ICO or just ran out of steam, idk he didn't really communicate often. His "idea of ledger for artwork" wasn't unique another similar project using namecoin received funding and was underway at the time . I discussed that briefly while "hobnobbing" with BTCDrak on twitter once.

BTW have you seen the documentary "the rise and rise of Bitcoin" Btcdrak and Peter Todd can both be seen in it, hobnobbing with Crypto's Elite lol

He's also in another youtube video in which he states that whoever is holding crypto (and VIA is crypto) is "nuts" --implying he will lose most if not all his/her money.

Not very endearing from someone who pocketed the at the time value of $350,000+ in the VIA ICO.

But, considering he has no idea how to move this project forward in a way that actually makes some money to his "donors", I have to applaud such "honesty"...
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:07:27 AM

I thought it was made clear that the ICO was for development, kinda contradict yourself implying that the ICO was for personal gain and that development was outsourced.  

Your complaining about NOTHING really aren't you?

"BTCDrak enjoys his ICO money, his posting in Twitter and hobnobbing"  

- Ridiculed! Crypto Elite!   Oh No, The Sky Is Falling  

Transmission 35 - Bitcoin Blocksize, Knights of the Satoshi, Coin Cadence, BTCDrak, Genesis Mining
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgx8jziR9p0  - a lot of hobnobbing going on here !

" I remember there was a member of VIA that wanted, for months if not years- to implement a ledger for art works etc." Erik the community manager had a lot of enthusiasm for a while his site for The Morellian project is still up with a notice coming in 2015. Maybe he wanted a slice of the ICO or just ran out of steam, idk he didn't really communicate often. His "idea of ledger for artwork" wasn't unique another similar project using namecoin received funding and was underway at the time . I discussed that briefly while "hobnobbing" with BTCDrak on twitter once.

BTW have you seen the documentary "the rise and rise of Bitcoin" Btcdrak and Peter Todd can both be seen in it, hobnobbing with Crypto's Elite lol

He's also in another youtube video in which he states that whoever is holding crypto (and VIA is crypto) is "nuts" --implying he will lose most if not all his/her money.

Not very endearing from someone who pocketed the at the time value of $350,000+ in the VIA ICO.

But, considering he has no idea how to move this project forward in a way that actually makes some money to his "donors", I have to applaud such "honesty"...

If you have an idea or would like to develop something you're welcome to do so but complaining about nothing isn't going to get you anywhere is it? and that's not a huge amount of money for development, he could have put a lot of his own time, resources and money into Viacoin also. If all you're trying to do is undermine Viacoin and badmouth the creator then I've finished replying it's pointless you just don't seem to get it.

Can you provide a link for the video so I can see the context in which that was said if it was said at all.  Otherwise I'll have to conclude that you're lying or taking something out of context to fit your agenda.

We are way way and then waaaay long past suggestions, ideas and the like. If you have bothered yourself reading above -not to mention on many pages before- you would have found that I actively tried to bring some sense to the obvious handicap that BTCDrak has. And my conclusion, after wasting my time, is that he is very happy keeping the rest of the ICO money, expending whatever he wants hobnobbing as much as possible with the crypto elite and, frankly, not giving much of a damn about VIA and its inexorable  deep towards absolute lack of relevance as soon as 2.0 is implemented in some serious measure. He just doesn't WANT to "get it". Actually he doesn't want to take this project far at all and hides that fact seeking "guarantees" about results, fully knowing that no one can offer any guarantees with respect to marketing/promotion. It's just BS, nothing less nothing more. Which, naturally, corresponds with someone who knows fully well the project is pretty much over and on its elephant walk, like most of those 600 coins that  he mentions here adding that, investment-wise, you have to be nuts to put money into any and all of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHYjxdvbuwI&feature=youtu.be&t=49m29s

Now you can look for context, excuses and some kind of validation for your decision to actually pretending to believe that there's a winning way out. There's none.
wildduck
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 06:09:22 AM

You`re right barabbas he said it.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:05:58 PM

For some reason my thread notifications had turned off, and the channel bot isn't picking up thread posts so missed the recent posts.

I am waiting for BIP66 to lock in before proceeding with the next feature set, we're stuck annoyingly at 93-94% adoption for the soft fork, when we need 95%.
cryptographix

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 04:11:02 AM

For some reason my thread notifications had turned off, and the channel bot isn't picking up thread posts so missed the recent posts.
Yingsena sucking dick all this time and drak is not even watching hahahahahahahaha
weedo84

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:02:57 PM

@btcdrak Can you do something similar to this https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/White-Paper for Viacoin?, just so people can really listen- people like Gavin for instance.. They need the whitepaper to move on past some points apparently.

This is apparently not scientific enough for some.. http://blog.viacoin.org/2014/07/11/the-story-of-viacoin.html

A paper like this might mean you need some help, can you get some help for it?

Andressen asked for the analysis and methodical science behind btcdrak's choices for Viacoin's total supply, block time and block size.

Which was in reply to btcdrak's criticism of the apparent lack of  analysis and methodical science behind Andressen's intended Bitcoin block size quick fix.

The exchange of words is filled with patronizing remarks such as "annoying troll" and "put up or shut up", hardly the language one would expect to hear from the chief scientist at the Bitcoin Foundation.

I was wrong, It's very clear that Andressen overstepped the mark the honorable thing to do would be for him to retract apologize produce the requested peer review or step down.  What's the purpose of a Bitcoin Foundation anyway other than lining the coffers of a select few

Yingsena,  you've summed up what I know.. I appreciate that, but my post up there remains unanswered.
wildduck
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:32:04 PM

That will be clarifying.
llildur

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:12:57 PM

I hold some via but my concern is the huge inflation of 30% annually gonna kill it, no matter if this coin has been the most developed as many argue because the crypto space is evolving in a pace that via can´t afford without resources/developing or associations linked to real world, moreover BtcDrack just sits silent without answer concerns of this community watching how this drama unfold, there is no roadmap not a single word in this beheaded thread just some brave believers that prefer to think everything is ok because someone is working for them behind the scenes, the leader has to assume their on character and keep the people inform of every stage for good or for bad, answer just to tech/irrelevant questions just aggravate this because he is aware but prefer not say anything about the real issues. Sad Sad
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 11:45:20 PM

I hold some via but my concern is the huge inflation of 30% annually gonna kill it, no matter if this coin has been the most developed as many argue because the crypto space is evolving in a pace that via can´t afford without resources/developing or associations linked to real world, moreover BtcDrack just sits silent without answer concerns of this community watching how this drama unfold, there is no roadmap not a single word in this beheaded thread just some brave believers that prefer to think everything is ok because someone is working for them behind the scenes, the leader has to assume their on character and keep the people inform of every stage for good or for bad, answer just to tech/irrelevant questions just aggravate this because he is aware but prefer not say anything about the real issues. Sad Sad

The miner subsidy was set at genesis, I'm not entirely sure what you are asking or suggesting. One of Viacoin's main purposes was to be an alternative platform for embedded consensus and specially not to implement any gimmickry (stuff that looks shiny but fundamentally doesn't work). I have already said many times we funded implementation of CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and there will be a new smart contract opcode soon, once BIP66 locks in.

Regarding changes to the consensus code, I hope you don't think I have some kind of ability to force changes because I dont. We can propose change to consensus like we did with merged mining, and now BIP66 and it is up to the users and miners agree. If you want new features or whatever you should suggest them. I'm open to ideas and we can discuss features. But generally things like block times and block subsidy are fixed and cannot be changed. They are hard forks and are controversial.
l.crypto

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 01:20:16 PM

Regarding changes to the consensus code, I hope you don't think I have some kind of ability to force changes because I dont. We can propose change to consensus like we did with merged mining, and now BIP66 and it is up to the users and miners agree. If you want new features or whatever you should suggest them. I'm open to ideas and we can discuss features.

I've been silent for a long time, but ill take my chance here as I see a maybe big opportunity: if I understood you correctly, its up to the community (and well yes miners) to agree on bigger changes to the consensus like the reduced coin supply/inflation that llildur implied. And youre up to "suggestions" if enough community members push it - and will implement it? Please correct me if im wrong...

Why im asking: as I was a supporter for the merge mining fork, I would also LOVE to see a reduction of the overall supply.

It could give some market action back and obviously benefits current holders - or in other words: all the people who still believe in this project even through these tough times.  Tongue Only downside I see is that it would need a hard fork (?)...but Todd and you have shown in the past that youre more than capable of that so personally I think the risk is pretty low.

Anyway to sum it up: would be cool if we could have some discussion about that like we had with the merged mining decision. Calling everyone to action  Grin

llildur

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:14:50 AM

Regarding changes to the consensus code, I hope you don't think I have some kind of ability to force changes because I dont. We can propose change to consensus like we did with merged mining, and now BIP66 and it is up to the users and miners agree. If you want new features or whatever you should suggest them. I'm open to ideas and we can discuss features.

I've been silent for a long time, but ill take my chance here as I see a maybe big opportunity: if I understood you correctly, its up to the community (and well yes miners) to agree on bigger changes to the consensus like the reduced coin supply/inflation that llildur implied. And youre up to "suggestions" if enough community members push it - and will implement it? Please correct me if im wrong...

Why im asking: as I was a supporter for the merge mining fork, I would also LOVE to see a reduction of the overall supply.

It could give some market action back and obviously benefits current holders - or in other words: all the people who still believe in this project even through these tough times.  Tongue Only downside I see is that it would need a hard fork (?)...but Todd and you have shown in the past that youre more than capable of that so personally I think the risk is pretty low.

Anyway to sum it up: would be cool if we could have some discussion about that like we had with the merged mining decision. Calling everyone to action  Grin

First at all i have to say that i think via has plenty of room to grow up, one of the main features why i invest in VIA is because this is not only a coin is a platform 2.0 to issue new contracts or colored coin upon it  like mastercoin, counterparty, etc. you may say that this projects are build upon BTC blockchain but one good example that this is not a requisite is PPC with NUSHARES and NUBITS, my question is why VIA is stagnant, why this lack of interest in timelockverify if this can be used in a bunch of ways to solve problems, maybe the great inflation ratio is keeping away potencial investors, if this is what it has to be done in order to move forward why not? fork is not that bad, even others coins like CLOAK come from the deadyard with a completely new approach and a code from the ground up,  the most worrifing thing to me is that seems nobody are eager to come an build upon this platform.  Undecided Undecided
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 10:13:07 AM

Inflation does not kill coins. It helps in the distribution.

However, developers do kill coins by inaction, although it is a long process. Developers efforts should be directed to recruiting, or rewarding, new skilled coders who can stick with the project. Individuals are not a constant, but companies/large teams can be.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:07:05 AM

However, developers do kill coins by inaction.

Like Litecoin I suppose?
There is zero correlation between development and price action.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:10:47 AM

However, developers do kill coins by inaction.

Like Litecoin I suppose?
There is zero correlation between development and price action.

That's true.  Litecoin is very much alive.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 11:12:28 AM

First at all i have to say that i think via has plenty of room to grow up, one of the main features why i invest in VIA is because this is not only a coin is a platform 2.0 to issue new contracts or colored coin upon it  like mastercoin, counterparty, etc. you may say that this projects are build upon BTC blockchain but one good example that this is not a requisite is PPC with NUSHARES and NUBITS, my question is why VIA is stagnant, why this lack of interest in timelockverify if this can be used in a bunch of ways to solve problems, maybe the great inflation ratio is keeping away potencial investors, if this is what it has to be done in order to move forward why not? fork is not that bad, even others coins like CLOAK come from the deadyard with a completely new approach and a code from the ground up,  the most worrifing thing to me is that seems nobody are eager to come an build upon this platform.  Undecided Undecided

If people really do want to alter the inflation schedule you're going to need to make a concrete proposal (explain exactly what it should change to) and rally support around it. Changes like this are not trivial but with support, anything is possible. Changes can be proposed in the code and if accepted by users and miners will become the new status quo.

If a proposal gets enough support and is technical sound then it can be merged and released but I will not make the proposal but I will make peer review of it.
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: