Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:42:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW ZenCloud ZenPool Hashlet - does it really exist? ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :-)  (Read 262834 times)
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:16:03 AM

I'm full

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:35:40 AM

They have their puppets like panda and others monitor these forums and go back with information, irc's i believe #gawminers, #hashtalk and some others. Mob I am glad you got your account unlocked on their forum. As far as mad whatever his name is (the mod), he is a butthole too. Panda why do you think everyone is flex? I am just a regular guy!!! Oh no I lied       I_IZ_CEO

Ugh... is this another troll account? You really take away from the validity of anyone's opinions here.

Yes I agree, I will not post anymore on this forum topic unless I have useful info to post. People here are asking the proper questions and are doing a great job. Thanks for keeping the community safe!

MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:09:10 AM

Wait--you two got banned for seven days and I got banned for 14??  What?

You are clearly more dangerous, because you are more moderate and could disguise yourself as a GAW supporter while spreading enemy propaganda among the faithful. That's my take anyway Smiley

Again - i think this is a case of the mods using their feelings to guide their decisions. Horrible style and horribly inconsistent... They should use the same "scale" or discipline approach. 3 days for first violation, 5 for 2nd etc... Mods shouldn't be given wide latitude to ban people.

When you give power to those that resell or are affiliates - this is what you get.

Except with me at least I got zero warning. Volder got a hair up his ass about that comment and immediately banned me.
I wish I still lived up in boston, I would love to take a drive over to their new "offices" and say hi.

Maybe when I can take the time I will drive up their anyway. I am in NC, so its like a 10-12 hour drive, I can do that with my eyes closed.

Words behind a keyboard haha Come back to Boston big boy!!! Smiley

Volder is that you???

Charles Ponzi operated in Boston--right?
reyhan12

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:52:33 AM

How certain are you that Hashlets aren't real? Created something on betmoose for the heck of it.

https://www.betmoose.com/bet/will-gawminers-be-revealed-as-a-scam-before-2015-758

Great, I wanted to do something like that just didn't know how. Can you update the bet with more detail what qualifies as being "revealed as scam"? Stops paying out? Josh arrested? I think there might be different interpretations as it stands now.

Yeah, I guess the title is a bit misleading. Kinda did it in a rush. It won't allow me to edit or delete the bet.

To be clearer, my decision logic is specifically on hashlets. GAWminers maybe shady but they do ship out miners. Also, it's possible that they may not have the "datacenter" size that they claim but seems likely that they do/did have some sort of mining operation however small it is.

So it would be easier to just focus on hashlets. Yes, payout stopping permanently qualifies as scam. Josh getting arrested due to hashlets is qualified as a scam. I guess the best way to consider it "officially" a scam is if news breaks out on crypto news blog sites that hashlets aren't real.

Anyway, I'll try contacting betmoose to see if they'll allow me to update the title and decision logic.

Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:16:10 AM

Has anyone noticed that with logging in you agree to the "new" TOS?

https://zenminer.com/cloud/terms.html

With things like this:

You understand that Hashlets are virtual service units related to mining services, but are not mining hardware. Hashlets earnings depend on the pool chosen and Payouts reflect respective Pool Payouts. Selecting a Pool does not imply physically or electronically mining at the selected Pool. Rather, selecting a Pool determines a Payout corresponding to a calculation based on the selected Pool’s payout (based on, for example, real-time Megahash/second/day calculations). A Hashlet is virtual software. You will receive Payouts according to the Pool with with the Hashlet is associated. You expressly understand the the Company’s sole obligation to You is to Provide a Payout based on the Pool you choose. It may take 24-48 hours for your Hashlet to appear on Your Portal. Company reserves the right to refund You, and terminate services, at any time and for any reason. All sales are final.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:35:32 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 10:03:38 AM by Viper1

With things like this:

You understand that Hashlets are virtual service units related to mining services, but are not mining hardware. Hashlets earnings depend on the pool chosen and Payouts reflect respective Pool Payouts. Selecting a Pool does not imply physically or electronically mining at the selected Pool. Rather, selecting a Pool determines a Payout corresponding to a calculation based on the selected Pool’s payout (based on, for example, real-time Megahash/second/day calculations). A Hashlet is virtual software. You will receive Payouts according to the Pool with with the Hashlet is associated. You expressly understand the the Company’s sole obligation to You is to Provide a Payout based on the Pool you choose. It may take 24-48 hours for your Hashlet to appear on Your Portal. Company reserves the right to refund You, and terminate services, at any time and for any reason. All sales are final.

Sweet.  So basically, a Hashlet simply pays out based on pool payouts.  There is no "real" mining going on in relation to them.  GAWs may or may not actually be mining (although it looks like they do).

So basically, the payouts are really either:

1. Ponzi
2. Day trading with what you paid for it
3. GAWs actual mining operation

You can definitely cover the hashlet payout strictly using just #2 unless you have a run of bad luck.  IMO it's probably all 3 at this point and will (assuming they're actually skilled), end up being a mix of #2 and #3.  As long as they can maintain a solid mining operation, #2 would only be needed to supplement the payout and keep zenpool payout higher than any other pool out there.  So it's basically all just smoke and mirrors and straight from their own TOS.

Didn't they promote and sell this to people as if it was real proprietary hardware?

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:36:05 AM

They have their puppets like panda and others monitor these forums and go back with information, irc's i believe #gawminers, #hashtalk and some others. Mob I am glad you got your account unlocked on their forum. As far as mad whatever his name is (the mod), he is a butthole too. Panda why do you think everyone is flex? I am just a regular guy!!! Oh no I lied       I_IZ_CEO

Ugh... is this another troll account? You really take away from the validity of anyone's opinions here.

You heard him, he's just "a regular guy" who happens to just make new acounts to spread the hate. We all do it, right?

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:43:02 AM

I'm thinking, they're quite close to selling an investment in a future payout of a certain (mining)pool. Wouldn't that be at least slightly regulated?
Flep182
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:30:09 AM

Do you mind waiting until my hosted miners have ROI'ed? Wink
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:37:55 AM

With things like this:

Wow the exact definition of a ponzi scheme, forwarded this to the feds, if you think I'm lying about the investigation... Just wait =)
I can't wait for the class action lawsuit... doesn't GAW/Zen know that this kind of activity is illegal in the U.S?

Your imaginary fed friends? Can't wait to see that too.

Anyway, did you spend whole night dreaming about it?

There was a guy here few days ago who said "just wait I'll get more proof" and diasppeared.

██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:04:08 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 12:16:03 PM by AirFlame

Yes Sir.   I_IZ_CEO is another troll account like MemCiD account Smiley Lets make forum called 'troll village' and put them all there.

cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 01:32:13 PM

With things like this:

Wow, great eye to spot that. It's obvious they are trying to walk a fine line between telling people "you're not a miner" and not exactly telling them they are investing in a payout plan. Note they also say they can terminate the service at any time for any reason. Heh these guys make pbmining look like amateurs at fooling people into forking over cash and bitcoins.

There was a thread on hashtalk that got deleted about a couple of customers that reported GAW to FINCEN as a money transmitter, since they take money in the form of credit cards and return bitcoins.  Miners were excluded from FINCEN rules, but since you aren't mining with GAW, this could get them back into hot water. 

They are probably going to get into hot water with Shopify as well, they don't allow payments to be processed that deal with virtual currencies "Virtual currency that can be monetized, re-sold or converted to physical or digital goods or services or otherwise exit the virtual world or related services".

NuShrike

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:19:48 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 02:39:19 PM by NuShrike

there was an announcement on hashtalk re: payout times being moved back to normal business hours instead of the middle of the night. they should come in between 7aCST and 9aCST starting today (8/29/2014)

i had the same question/problem and called to inquire about it....
Problem is they're not making up for the lost 9-hours of mining -- costs didn't increase, and payouts didn't increase for the missing 9-hours.

Now, my account balance hasn't increased even though the system claimed it payed out -- under the new time scheme.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:23:19 PM

With things like this:

Wow the exact definition of a ponzi scheme, forwarded this to the feds, if you think I'm lying about the investigation... Just wait =)
I can't wait for the class action lawsuit... doesn't GAW/Zen know that this kind of activity is illegal in the U.S?

You showed your hand right there. The fbi/sec/ftc/what have you, can not launch a class action suit, its up to individuals to find a lawyer who can get enough people on board and then get a judge to sign off on it as a class action.

Between the responses I did get from josh and this new tos, most of my questions are answered. NO, I won't be sending them more money and the way they run that forum and refuse to actual answer questions still has me feeling off about it, but I agree with stargazer, and I never believed 100% it was a ponzi. Something is still off, but if it goes down, its a poorly designed mismanaged business, not a scam/ponzi.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:39:44 PM

I was strictly told that I'm legally not allowed to post any proof.

Since when are anonymous trolls afraid of posting?

If you had a proof posting it everywhere would be the first thing you'd do.

ScryptHasher

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:49:37 PM

I was strictly told that I'm legally not allowed to post any proof.

Since when are anonymous trolls afraid of posting?

If you had a proof posting it everywhere would be the first thing you'd do.

Sorry to interject here... But why are you posting on this site when your CLEARLY biased in favor of gawminers?

This is a pitchfork rally please let the FUD flow and the trolls smash their keyboards into legible sentences...

take your GAW-love elsewhere..

Side note that TOS

Scary shit
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 03:10:43 PM

Funny how self-appointed troll police here latched onto a couple of less articulate individuals but fail to address any of the actual topic issues. Come on, panda, bitgeek, this shift from proprietary hardware into virtual software has to be important enough for you to comment on, otherwise you're just spamming here.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 03:13:09 PM

Scary shit

Indeed.

Maintenance fees may be adjusted up or down by the Company at any time and for any reason.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:15:31 PM

Just got an email from gaws.  Among other things it says:

Free Hashlet Solos
To celebrate the new lineup, we will be giving a free random Hashlet Solo to all customers to get you started! They go out tomorrow night so be sure to tell us which one you got.

So looks like I will have a hashlet for sale. 
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 03:20:19 PM

Funny how self-appointed troll police here latched onto a couple of less articulate individuals but fail to address any of the actual topic issues. Come on, panda, bitgeek, this shift from proprietary hardware into virtual software has to be important enough for you to comment on, otherwise you're just spamming here.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: