Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 03:33:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 [706] 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170608 times)
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:09:58 PM

Still got problems with mining I got one machine working fine now. However 2nd machine and exct same info getting following errors still.

Any advise and help to solve problem would be good. Thanks in advance

for 2nd machine config file:

{
   "Mode" : "pool",
   "Server" : "IP_your_1st_machine",
   "Port": 8126,
   "UpdaterAddr" : "burstpool.ddns.net",
   "UpdaterPort": 80,
   "EnableProxy": false,
   "Paths":["C:\\plots"],
   "CacheSize" : 200000,
   "ShowMsg" : false ,
   "ShowUpdates" : false,
   "UseSorting" : true,
   "Debug": false,
   "UseResponseMaxTime": false,
   "ResponseMaxTime": 5000,
   "UseFastRcv" : false,
   "SendInterval": 100,
   "UpdateInterval": 2000
}

Still not working doing exact the same as before and crashes

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 10:57:12 PM

Neither firefox nor chrome seem to like the chart.js script on uray's US pool, in both browsers I need to stop the script but it will restart with every new block. Anyone else have the same problem..?

its for current new layout, or it was like that before? it might be because too many canvas, since each miner has one chart canvas, multiplied that for 200+ miners
mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 11:32:22 PM

Neither firefox nor chrome seem to like the chart.js script on uray's US pool, in both browsers I need to stop the script but it will restart with every new block. Anyone else have the same problem..?

its for current new layout, or it was like that before? it might be because too many canvas, since each miner has one chart canvas, multiplied that for 200+ miners

No, it has been fine since I joined your pool. It started recently, today or yesterday probably.

jadra

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:04:48 AM

@uray - I'm assuming your repo (https://github.com/uraymeiviar/burst-pool) isn't current with your pools? Any plans to open that code up? I might be inclined to add a few features and fix some CSS issues I've noticed Wink
vipervince2002

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:33:04 AM

Storj lead dev here. I really don't see Burst as a competitor, I think it is a really cool concept that could be useful to us. For example, we might want to make sure there is excess unused capacity on the network for expansion. I think that would be a good use case for the Burst algo.

If someone would be willing to take that time to port this to some well documented Python, I would be open to integrating it into DriveShare.

I have a possible second use for storj/BURST.  It won't be an issue initially, but eventually, like almost every other cryptocurrency, storj may be faced with very low profitability as selling exceeds buying.  The solution will be to swap Driveshare space for plot files when BURST is more profitable.  As people switch over and the selling pressure gets too high, then they can switch back to storj until BURST improves (buys catch up to sells).  I can easily see a BURST miner/Driveshare auto-switching program.  By that time, optimized plot files should be easy to generate in a short amount of time to make this possible.

It all depends on how the numbers line up.  It is still too early to tell what will happen, but as a warning to the storj developer, a good chunk of your network may fill with a lot of plot files and will hopefully not bottleneck overall network space too much for actual files (won't be an issue at least for a while).  On the flip side, BURST and storj may help relieve the other one of some of the selling pressure that is bound to happen and possibly help increase the number of buys as the two gain popularity together.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 01:40:16 AM

Storj lead dev here. I really don't see Burst as a competitor, I think it is a really cool concept that could be useful to us. For example, we might want to make sure there is excess unused capacity on the network for expansion. I think that would be a good use case for the Burst algo.

If someone would be willing to take that time to port this to some well documented Python, I would be open to integrating it into DriveShare.

I have a possible second use for storj/BURST.  It won't be an issue initially, but eventually, like almost every other cryptocurrency, storj may be faced with very low profitability as selling exceeds buying.  The solution will be to swap Driveshare space for plot files when BURST is more profitable.  As people switch over and the selling pressure gets too high, then they can switch back to storj until BURST improves (buys catch up to sells).  I can easily see a BURST miner/Driveshare auto-switching program.  By that time, optimized plot files should be easy to generate in a short amount of time to make this possible.

It all depends on how the numbers line up.  It is still too early to tell what will happen, but as a warning to the storj developer, a good chunk of your network may fill with a lot of plot files and will hopefully not bottleneck overall network space too much for actual files (won't be an issue at least for a while).  On the flip side, BURST and storj may help relieve the other one of some of the selling pressure that is bound to happen and possibly help increase the number of buys as the two gain popularity together.
That's not quite how it would work. Putting burst plot file on Storj is useless.  It's same issue as putting a plot file into cloud storage today: slow reads for burst miner due to network speed/traffic.

What you are thinking of is dynamic Storj. For example, you tell Storj to take up to X percentage of free space on your hdd.  As you fill up your disk with whatever files (like plot files) Storj backs off.

That would work fine.
vipervince2002

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:30:51 AM

I have a possible second use for storj/BURST.  It won't be an issue initially, but eventually, like almost every other cryptocurrency, storj may be faced with very low profitability as selling exceeds buying.  The solution will be to swap Driveshare space for plot files when BURST is more profitable.  As people switch over and the selling pressure gets too high, then they can switch back to storj until BURST improves (buys catch up to sells).  I can easily see a BURST miner/Driveshare auto-switching program.  By that time, optimized plot files should be easy to generate in a short amount of time to make this possible.

It all depends on how the numbers line up.  It is still too early to tell what will happen, but as a warning to the storj developer, a good chunk of your network may fill with a lot of plot files and will hopefully not bottleneck overall network space too much for actual files (won't be an issue at least for a while).  On the flip side, BURST and storj may help relieve the other one of some of the selling pressure that is bound to happen and possibly help increase the number of buys as the two gain popularity together.
That's not quite how it would work. Putting burst plot file on Storj is useless.  It's same issue as putting a plot file into cloud storage today: slow reads for burst miner due to network speed/traffic.

What you are thinking of is dynamic Storj. For example, you tell Storj to take up to X percentage of free space on your hdd.  As you fill up your disk with whatever files (like plot files) Storj backs off.

That would work fine.

You are right. Thank you for reminding me. I forgot about the network speed bottleneck.

I like your idea of dynamic Storj. Instead of being forced into giving 100% of your available space to one specific coin, you could modulate the amount to each coin. To minimize stress to hard drives, it would probably be in 100GB increments or larger for the slider if BURST is programmed into Driveshare. Otherwise, it would be automatic as you suggested. Keep up the brainstorming!
grouper fish

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:28:23 AM

How are external drives for mining?

I was thinking about getting a external 4tb drive with usb 3.

My main concerns are heat and the lifespan of the drive. It's a bit more expensive but I dont have any more room inside of my computer and not too eager to change the power supply..

vipervince2002

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:33:17 AM

I faced the same dilemma recently. First, I bought a USB 3.0 external Seagate hard drive. With an ambient room temperature average around 80-85F, the hard drive runs at 112F (~44C). Honestly, anything over 100F is too hot and killing the life of the hard drive. My new method involved getting 2 of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182245&cm_re=rosewill_enclosure-_-17-182-245-_-Product as Shell Shockers at $20 (now $22) and two of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145911. As NAS drives, they can handle higher temperatures and made to run 24/7 (I believe Seagate externals over 3TB run less than 7200 RPM). With the variable fan speed on the enclosures, they have never exceeded 100F.  This is the slightly more expensive method, but should improve hard drive lifespans. Most external drives do not have NAS drives in them.

Another method is this not so crazy expensive rack for $30: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4173135&CatId=4269. Connecting all of the hard drives to your motherboard could pose a major problem since most cases do not have 5 ESata ports (assuming you have SATA to ESATA conversion).

Lastly, assuming you have more SATA ports available on your motherboard, you can convert unused 5.25" drive bays into a hard drive rack.  The best ones convert 2 bays into 3 hard drive slots or 3 bays into 4 hard drive slots with a fan in front to keep it all cool.
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:02:31 AM

My main concerns are heat and the lifespan of the drive. It's a bit more expensive but I dont have any more room inside of my computer and not too eager to change the power supply..

Most people are probably using external drives.  I have a few 4tb external usb 3.0 and they've been doing well for me.  If you can, stick to usb 3.0, but usb 2.0 will work also, probably just a ~5% decrease performance.

Once you're done plotting, make sure to use dcct's optimizer to max out the stagger for each plot file.  This will drastically reduce the stress on your drives.

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
ivanf

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:00:01 AM

Most people are probably using external drives.  I have a few 4tb external usb 3.0 and they've been doing well for me.  If you can, stick to usb 3.0, but usb 2.0 will work also, probably just a ~5% decrease performance.

Once you're done plotting, make sure to use dcct's optimizer to max out the stagger for each plot file.  This will drastically reduce the stress on your drives.

USB2 - ~40 mb/s, too slow for large HDDs. Works well for ~1-1.5Tb
USB3 hdd - 160 mb/s and more

To extend HDD lifespan it's important to disable sleep. If it spins down every block it will die fast. This can be done programmatically for some models or using a hack, for example by writing a file to HDD periodically.

A simple USB fan works well for cooling down external HDDs btw. Smiley
abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:08:49 AM

The owners of 1000Burst asset at Nxt Asset Exchange - please withdraw your BURST coins from Burst gateway with 5% interest (5% more BURST coins).

Just transfer your 1000BURST assets (not less than 1 asset) to the issuing account (NXT-VVTV-U25N-U2FY-2V35H) and in the attached message place your BURST address (in alpha-numeric format, like BURST-MCHC-LBKK-ZLZY-C3XL5).

Those, who has 1000Burst assets at Nxt Asset Gateway and did not sellback at 50 NXT, please withdraw your BURST coins from Burst gateway with 5% interest.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
Nevril

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:46:24 AM

Quick question about the Burst Asset Exchange:

Once a new Asset is issued is there a way to increase the total amount of shares at a later time?
mercyground

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 09:47:58 AM

A simpler diagram for non-techies. Grin

The image is in public domain. Author's wallet: BURST-6MZ2-6MH9-U5AX-FNMJX

http://i61.tinypic.com/2rw5n5t.png

Good job, but what I personally don't like is that it kinda sounds like product advertising.

"Other coins suck, Burst rocks". Yeah, burst does rock, but the issue here is not that the ALL "other" coins suck, but POW coins do, because they are are not eco-friendly. What about POS? Pure proof-of-stake coins are even more eco-friendly than POC (because no plotting is involved). Won't you consider changing "Other coins" to "POW coins (bitcoin-like)" ...?
abctc
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:55:12 AM

Quick question about the Burst Asset Exchange:
Once a new Asset is issued is there a way to increase the total amount of shares at a later time?
- of course not, that will be a dilution of the stakeholder's assets. The only way is to issue the new asset.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

, the Next platform.  Magis quam Moneta (More than a Coin)
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:13:31 PM

Is it worth getting into this kind of mining?

Because it looks like value isnt that high.

I have 27x 1TB harddrives and people around me are currious about this kind of mining..

But we dont want to be mining at a loss..

We know that if we started now we could make 0.011 BTC a day.

What is your suggestions?
This is a school project and we wanna do this aslong as its not going to be a loss..

Or is there maybe other coins like this one that I can mine instead and make a little more money on so it will last longer..?

~Hamuki

bobafett

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:24:15 PM

I have 27x 1TB harddrives and people around me are currious about this kind of mining..

This is a school project and we wanna do this aslong as its not going to be a loss..

Or is there maybe other coins like this one that I can mine instead and make a little more money on so it will last longer..?

~Hamuki

funny that you ask this in this thread. i think you will get here only one answer: start mining now!  Grin
ivanf

Activity: 15

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:26:29 PM

Why not holding the mined coins until they cost much much higher? Power consumption is minimal, hdds lifespan (if configured properly) shouldn't shorten much.
mercyground

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:50:10 PM

~Hamuki
I think BURST is a profitable coin to mine, *especially* if you already have the HDDs. Btw, there are NO other coins like this one Wink 0.011/day is GOOD profit.

But the point is: this coin is not about profit, this coin is about innovation. Most of the time, profit follows innovation.
The rule of the thumb is: don't invest more than you can afford to loose.

Yeah, like in the real world people actually want to loose money...
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:53:34 PM

We pay 0.34$ pr kilowatt.

27x 1TB harddrives and then cpu and other stuff..

Well, it looks like the network is building up at a very high speed.

Not Sure if I can get into this now. It will take atleast 3 days or so before I can start mining.

Pages: « 1 ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 [706] 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: