Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:56:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 [661] 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 08:41:21 PM

Sorry the pool was offline for so long, like I said I was travelling out of town last week and then it took me nearly a day to realize that I had to upgrade to 1.1.3 and 1.1.1 wasn't able to sync the whole blockchain anymore.  
Confirmed that I received the BURST I was owed by the pool, TY!
I'll be pointing my SHA hashing power back at the pool when I get some time later today.
(once I sift through and figure out what the multi-port for SHA is again, since it doesn't appear to be on the site).

Edit: found it on the forum:
Looking for miners (ASIC ones especially!)
http://burstmultipool.com!
scrypt: stratum+tcp://pool.burstmultipool.com:3333
sha: stratum+tcp://pool.burstmultipool.com:5555
x11: stratum+tcp://pool.burstmultipool.com:4444
Keccak: stratum+tcp://pool.burstmultipool.com:6666
scrypt-n: stratum+tcp://pool.burstmultipool.com:2222

---

Placed a 418,000 BURST buy wall on the AE to buy back all of the burstmultipool assets for 999.

Are the plans for the assets just being scrapped, or is that just an offering for people wanting out?

Whoops
I updated the getting_started page to now properly list the ports and stuff on the pool site
(http://burstmultipool.com/getting_started)

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fivebells

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:48:51 PM

Offtopic, which is the go to exchange to trade in? I might want some more burst Smiley

I don't really follow it, but I hear bittrex has the highest volume, so that may be the best place for a quick trade.

For a limit order which you might want to adjust before it executes, I believe C-CEX (note: referral link) is better than bittrex or poloniex because C-CEX takes their fee from the executed trade, whereas the others take theirs at the time you place the order.  I've heard that some people have had trouble withdrawing funds from C-CEX, but personally I have had no such difficulties, and I have withdrawn significant amounts of both burst and bitcoin.
fivebells

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:52:06 PM

But introspection is a good thing, keep it up. Just... try to evolve. Smiley

Adding condescending praise and a smiley doesn't make you any less of a sadistic asshole.  Try taking your own advice.
fabula

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:57:42 PM

to mine in uray pool do you add port at the end or not?
http://burst-pool.cryptoport.io
http://burst-pool.cryptoport.io:80
http://burst-pool.cryptoport.io:8124

Which ones work?
Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:11:39 PM

to mine in uray pool do you add port at the end or not?
http://burst-pool.cryptoport.io
http://burst-pool.cryptoport.io:80
http://burst-pool.cryptoport.io:8124

Which ones work?

80 or none
fabula

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:12:06 PM

Thanks.
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:37:52 PM

5) Spread the word. I know we all want to get some bursts in our pockets before the big pump! I want that too and say "ehi, I became rich with an hard disk! *evil laugh*", but there will be no pump if we keep on going like this. We need the Dev and the supporters beign a little more present and start to tweak old features, instead of continuously focus on developing new ones. There is no need in having 5-6 different miners and 5-6 different pools. We are 3K miners more or less, not 300K! Try to talk to each other and come up with a single, easy-to-use (i.e. idiot proof!) miner and merge some of the pools. Dev, what's the point in having Dev1 (old) and Dev2? Remove both and go for a Dev3 with some graphic and search function to see how each miner is progressing. To all, update the "how it works" I still see a lot of spelling errors and wrong information!

The point of dev1 was originally to get a pool running as quickly as possible, even though it was not a good setup. When dev1 was created and launched, reward assignment had not been made yet, so users had to generate plots to addresses held by the pool. This means that users mining there cannot use those plot files on other pools. Replotting with the newer and faster plotters likely isn't an issue for most, however enough users have expressed concern about wanting to continue using it as is that it doesn't make sense to force them off or alter things. Regarding your dev3 suggestion, I doubt most people would rather have me tinkering with pools instead of working on features, and graphics are not a strength of mine.

Where is the dev?? 5 days now without a damn post here. Even just a heads up on how things are going would suffice - we now he has been online and answering PMs, time he showed up here too.
I wonder... Have you ever been in contact with a dev of something in general? Or have you been developing something by your own?
I generally update my customers when, uhm... when I have an update. Programming isn't easy, it takes time and a lot of patience. Sometimes I'm so tired I don't even want to see a keyboard for 3 days (but I do, my job, dammit!)
5 days are nothing. I agree that some updates could be announced or advertised with some kind of "Dev newsletter", but as I said in my previous post: this is a WIP coin. Give time to everyone. Last feature was released 5 days ago. Don't panic, everything will settle Smiley
The past week has admittedly not been great for progress. I was originally planning on trying to quickly roll out subscriptions(reoccurring transactions), and then move onto other things. Most of subscriptions was implemented, however I halted it to reconsider some things when I realized that the initial implementation would make it way too easy and cheap for someone to set up payments that would rapidly send a few coins back and forth between 2 accounts forever, increasing processing load for the whole network. I spent a bit of time looking at java dht libraries to see if there was anything I liked that I could utilize instead of working from scratch. I ended up deciding that I'm best off making it myself. I also was taking a look at the android sdk to see about starting a fairly basic thin client. I had not used the android sdk before, and had a bit of a rough start, and made the mistake of trying(and failing repeatedly) to integrate zxing qr scanner into an app instead of calling the seperate app.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:43:38 PM

5) Spread the word. I know we all want to get some bursts in our pockets before the big pump! I want that too and say "ehi, I became rich with an hard disk! *evil laugh*", but there will be no pump if we keep on going like this. We need the Dev and the supporters beign a little more present and start to tweak old features, instead of continuously focus on developing new ones. There is no need in having 5-6 different miners and 5-6 different pools. We are 3K miners more or less, not 300K! Try to talk to each other and come up with a single, easy-to-use (i.e. idiot proof!) miner and merge some of the pools. Dev, what's the point in having Dev1 (old) and Dev2? Remove both and go for a Dev3 with some graphic and search function to see how each miner is progressing. To all, update the "how it works" I still see a lot of spelling errors and wrong information!

The point of dev1 was originally to get a pool running as quickly as possible, even though it was not a good setup. When dev1 was created and launched, reward assignment had not been made yet, so users had to generate plots to addresses held by the pool. This means that users mining there cannot use those plot files on other pools. Replotting with the newer and faster plotters likely isn't an issue for most, however enough users have expressed concern about wanting to continue using it as is that it doesn't make sense to force them off or alter things. Regarding your dev3 suggestion, I doubt most people would rather have me tinkering with pools instead of working on features, and graphics are not a strength of mine.

Where is the dev?? 5 days now without a damn post here. Even just a heads up on how things are going would suffice - we now he has been online and answering PMs, time he showed up here too.
I wonder... Have you ever been in contact with a dev of something in general? Or have you been developing something by your own?
I generally update my customers when, uhm... when I have an update. Programming isn't easy, it takes time and a lot of patience. Sometimes I'm so tired I don't even want to see a keyboard for 3 days (but I do, my job, dammit!)
5 days are nothing. I agree that some updates could be announced or advertised with some kind of "Dev newsletter", but as I said in my previous post: this is a WIP coin. Give time to everyone. Last feature was released 5 days ago. Don't panic, everything will settle Smiley
The past week has admittedly not been great for progress. I was originally planning on trying to quickly roll out subscriptions(reoccurring transactions), and then move onto other things. Most of subscriptions was implemented, however I halted it to reconsider some things when I realized that the initial implementation would make it way too easy and cheap for someone to set up payments that would rapidly send a few coins back and forth between 2 accounts forever, increasing processing load for the whole network. I spent a bit of time looking at java dht libraries to see if there was anything I liked that I could utilize instead of working from scratch. I ended up deciding that I'm best off making it myself. I also was taking a look at the android sdk to see about starting a fairly basic thin client. I had not used the android sdk before, and had a bit of a rough start, and made the mistake of trying(and failing repeatedly) to integrate zxing qr scanner into an app instead of calling the seperate app.

Thanks dev. Sent you a donation as token of my thank.
Keep up good work.
yellowduck2

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:27:03 AM

I was originally planning on trying to quickly roll out subscriptions(reoccurring transactions)

This is a feature i need ! Is it something like i can set to auto transfer x amount of burst at a set time ? Miner could use this feature to auto send mined coin to exchange without having to physically open up the wallet and send the coin.
DrTrouble

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:34:22 AM

3) Stop talking about mining? Are you serious? This is a Work In Progress coin with an unbelievable potential and we should stop talking about how to exploit and develop it? We have to raise issue so they get fixed asap! Having lots of people who don't understand how to mine simply means that there aren't enough/clear/easy-to-find information neither there is a 1-click mechanism to start mining (I know there is "something" like that but it is lost in 667 pages!)

http://burstforum.com for starters and we have a GUI in the works with pretty much everything built in.

I am assuming this is about the 'Burst.Today' client?  I tried the 1.0 client when I was first starting with BURST and it appeared to be about the worst programming I have seen in years.  That being said, I appreciate the effort and really hope the latest version works well.  Honestly, something like that to get people in to this easily is really needed. 

What is this "Bitcoin" of which you speak???
daWallet

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 12:50:02 AM

Wow, that is great news. We are getting an Android-Client!  Smiley

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz
Irontiga

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:13:53 AM

I was originally planning on trying to quickly roll out subscriptions(reoccurring transactions)

This is a feature i need ! Is it something like i can set to auto transfer x amount of burst at a set time ? Miner could use this feature to auto send mined coin to exchange without having to physically open up the wallet and send the coin.

Umm...if you really want to send your burst straight to an exchange....makes sense tho, all you do is tell people they need to market the coin, then when someone asks you to do something, well then nothing happens.
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:32:33 AM

So I decided to start mining burst and give it a try. I setup some plots and everything and just need to activate my address. Unfortunately the faucets are dry and solo mining is not feasible with the amount of hdd space I have. If anyone can donate burst to BURST-VDAX-PNHT-A762-4ZTPF it would be greatly appreciated Smiley
JimmyTaylor

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 01:47:44 AM

i am considering burst now but its a close call with magi m7m algo

Coin Magi the First M7M coin defeating botnets and benefiting community at large. join irc for rain of xmg https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi
mmmaybe

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 02:04:59 AM

So I decided to start mining burst and give it a try. I setup some plots and everything and just need to activate my address. Unfortunately the faucets are dry and solo mining is not feasible with the amount of hdd space I have. If anyone can donate burst to BURST-VDAX-PNHT-A762-4ZTPF it would be greatly appreciated Smiley

Sent  Smiley

Irontiga

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:08:15 AM

i am considering burst now but its a close call with magi m7m algo

Download burst's wallet then i'm sure you'll make up your mind pretty quickly Wink
jadra

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:42:48 AM

@Blago: I just started trying out your miner today and I've found it reads my drives a lot faster than urays miner. However, in doing tests, I've noticed that it occasionally misses better deadlines/nonces.

I have ~5tb of plots across two drives with a 10,000 stagger size. Your miner gets through one drive (5x plots, ~1tb) in 8 seconds and the other drive (16x plots, ~4tb) in 30 seconds, which is awesome. However, during the long deadlines after it's complete, I've been firing up Uray's miner and letting it run (which takes approx 2 minutes to parse all the plots) and it occasionally finds a better deadline and submits it.

Twice in a row now I've had:

Code:
From Blago's Miner:
confirmed deadline: 151075 (362....760_1000000_1000000_10000)
[100%] 5000 GB. deadline 151075s sdl:24(0), sd1(0) cd1:24(0) ss:375(0) rs:376(0)

and it's complete. So I fire up uray's and let it run, and see this:

Code:
From Uray's Miner:
dl:1 days 17:57:55 n:1083241
submitting nonce 1083241
{"result": "success","deadline": 151075,"targetDeadline": 151075} (This is the same one that your miner found)
confirmed dl 1 days 17:57:55
dl:1 days 08:24:00 n:4721937
submitting nonce 4721937
{"result": "success","deadline": 116640,"targetDeadline": 116640} (This is the one that your miner DIDNT find, but uray's did)
confirmed dl. 1 days 08:24:00
Any ideas on what might cause this? How is your miner missing blocks that uray's miner is finding?
HoldTheLine

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:57:58 AM

What do you guys think about having an option built into the wallet that will automatically send coins to Bittrex or C-Cex as they come in from the pools and sell them for you at the market rate for BTC for a 2% fee?

That 2% fee of Bitcoin gets automatically added to a buy wall further down. Over time, the buy wall builds in size, the market rate increases, the miners receive more BTC for their coins, more miners come and mine etc.

Seems like a good way to boost the price over time and increase the size of the community. People are going to mine and dump anyway - may as well make it easier for them and take a little bit off the top for buy support - everyone wins.
Irontiga

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:19:17 AM

What do you guys think about having an option built into the wallet that will automatically send coins to Bittrex or C-Cex as they come in from the pools and sell them for you at the market rate for BTC for a 2% fee?

That 2% fee of Bitcoin gets automatically added to a buy wall further down. Over time, the buy wall builds in size, the market rate increases, the miners receive more BTC for their coins, more miners come and mine etc.

Seems like a good way to boost the price over time and increase the size of the community. People are going to mine and dump anyway - may as well make it easier for them and take a little bit off the top for buy support - everyone wins.

I'd rather have that 2% go as interest to all burst holders, so it takes the lowest amount of burst you've had in your account over a month, and rewards you based on that. How does that sound? Even better if the fee and reward were in burst.
HoldTheLine

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:49:05 AM

I'd rather have that 2% go as interest to all burst holders, so it takes the lowest amount of burst you've had in your account over a month, and rewards you based on that. How does that sound? Even better if the fee and reward were in burst.

Hmm What about have a monthly interest payout from the fees collected paid to all addresses who hold >=X burst for >=X length of time?
Pages: « 1 ... 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 [661] 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: