Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:13:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 [670] 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
tex81

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:04:09 PM

2339 of first 22200 blocks (10.5%) are 45 seconds or less.

X - % of blocks (first 22200 blocks stats)
Y - % of 4-min block-time

Russia

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
carlos

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:12:31 PM

Bitcoin will eventually require 50% of the entire economy's energy production to be spent toward verifying the blockchain.

Burstcoin's endgame will require 50% of the economy's hard drive capacity, which will require much less energy.

50% ? Have you dreamed this number or do you have some facts for this statement?

This doesnt make any sense. Maybe in your dream.
hvidgaard

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:18:17 PM

Does anyone else have a problem with forks? My node seems to process a fork twice every day or so, and I have now twice seen my miners mine a block only for it to disappear  (orphans basically).
omgbossis21

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:59:28 PM

The dump was obviously done by xcloudcoin dev.   Their coin price was less than half since their coin supply was cut.  Suddenly Burst gets dumped and cloudcoin gets a large volume buy support.......   
smiba

Activity: 78
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:59:43 PM

BURST-XFDW-ESQ8-DB2B-FE3RH
cad33c001bceb22eabf1245ae591e5207601214c3caee3c8a2126634e138a90a

I've read you'd need to have 1 BURST in order to change the reward address... Could anyone be nice enough?
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:08:32 PM

Chunks are most likely the best way. With chunks user can download different chunks of the same file from different sources, hosts have better protection against knowing what they're storing, and keeping fixed size chunks makes it easier to ensure that the size of all possible proofs is greater than the size of storing the file itself

dev,

i don't understand if you are developing something like storeJ?
can you tell us something more?

thank you!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
jamoes

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:40:06 PM

Bitcoin will eventually require 50% of the entire economy's energy production to be spent toward verifying the blockchain.

Burstcoin's endgame will require 50% of the economy's hard drive capacity, which will require much less energy.

50% ? Have you dreamed this number or do you have some facts for this statement?

It's basically just reasoning about how the economy will work if bitcoin is the dominant currency in an economy. I originally read about this critique (although worded differently) in the Bitcoin is Worse is Better article from Gwern. One of the quotes from the article:

What’s wrong with Bitcoin is that it’s ugly. It is not elegant. It’s clever to define your bitcoin balance as whatever hash tree is longer, has won more races to find a new block, but it’s ugly to make your network’s security depend solely on having more brute-force computing power than your opponents, ugly to need now and in perpetuity at least half the processing power just to avoid double-spending.

I extrapolated this to 50% of all energy, rather than just 50% of all processing power, which I admit may not end up being the case.

Regardless of the exact percentage, my main point is still the same: Burstcoin will use significantly less energy than bitcoin for the same level of protection. It also has a better positive externality than bitcoin's (incentivizing better hard drives is better than incentivizing better SHA256 machines).
xizmax

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:56:16 PM

BURST-XFDW-ESQ8-DB2B-FE3RH
cad33c001bceb22eabf1245ae591e5207601214c3caee3c8a2126634e138a90a

I've read you'd need to have 1 BURST in order to change the reward address... Could anyone be nice enough?

Sent you 1 Burst, dont have much Smiley 

Enjoy

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
carlos

Activity: 107

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:03:03 PM

It's basically just reasoning about how the economy will work if bitcoin is the dominant currency in an economy. I originally read about this critique (although worded differently) in the Bitcoin is Worse is Better article from Gwern. One of the quotes from the article:

What’s wrong with Bitcoin is that it’s ugly. It is not elegant. It’s clever to define your bitcoin balance as whatever hash tree is longer, has won more races to find a new block, but it’s ugly to make your network’s security depend solely on having more brute-force computing power than your opponents, ugly to need now and in perpetuity at least half the processing power just to avoid double-spending.

I extrapolated this to 50% of all energy, rather than just 50% of all processing power, which I admit may not end up being the case.

Regardless of the exact percentage, my main point is still the same: Burstcoin will use significantly less energy than bitcoin for the same level of protection. It also has a better positive externality than bitcoin's (incentivizing better hard drives is better than incentivizing better SHA256 machines).
Of course you are right with second part, that incentivizing HDD has more positives than some single purpose chips...

But in first part you are connecting things that don't have any relation. 51% of processing power agrees on blockchain, thats why it is decentralized ledger. But it doesn't and never will use 51% of energy of society neither economy. Thats nonsense.

On macroeconomical level it will use energy up to the level where it is socially acceptable and needed due to market forces.
goto2013

Activity: 258
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:44:46 PM

hey

we added burstcoin to our altcoin info sites...

http://www.satoshis.guru/?page_id=100

greetz

Lenina.shop - Pay with btc and other crypto coins - German based online Stor
Palad1n

Activity: 113

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:29:25 AM

Hey miners ))
burstmultipool.com wrote this: So far this shift you have earned: 1204.65471500000000005 BURST (estimate).

And as a result the payment does not come for the few day. Somebody mined on this multipool and how to pay this pool?
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:11:27 AM

Confirming that there's a serious issue.  You don't need to compare Blago's vs. anything else.
I did 2 things:
1. Compare Blago's new version vs old version.  New version misses deadlines, better deadlines!!
2. On longer blocks, just keep re-running latest version.  You will pick up new, better deadlines on the same block and this is confirmed on the pool side.

Bummer...

And yes, I kept log files with an example of rerunning the miner and second, third pass gets better deadlines.

I ran two parallel miner (Uray's & Blago's).
First tested on a single file (244 Gb), then at five files (1.19 Tb) and the end 10+ Tb.
In all cases, the minimum deadline coincided in both miners.
The only difference was shown when using more than one file - this is the order finding the best deadline, due to the different implementation of the algorithm.
My all plots merged.
screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/s/02kk1bcmfqu326n/tests.zip?dl=0
for Uray's uses
Code:
 {
    "poolUrl" : "pool3.burstcoin.io",
    "submissionMaxDelay" : 30,
    "submissionMaxRetry" : 3,
    "socketTimeout" : 60,
    "maxBufferSizeMB" : 64,
    "plots" :   ["C:\\plots","D:\\plots","E:\\plots","G:\\plots","H:\\plots","F:\\plots","I:\\plots"]
 }

for Blago's:
Code:
{
   "Mode" : "pool",
   "Server" : "pool3.burstcoin.io",
   "Port": 80,
   "Paths":["C:\\plots","D:\\plots","E:\\plots","G:\\plots","H:\\plots","F:\\plots","I:\\plots"],
   "CacheSize" : 100000,
   "ShowMsg" : false ,
   "ShowUpdates" : false,
   "UseSorting" : false,
   "UseResponseMaxTime": false,
   "ResponseMaxTime": 60,
   "SendInterval": 50,
   "UpdateInterval": 3000
}

It doesn't happen every time, did you get my PM with the logs of both files? I can do a video or take screenshots if you're still not convinced it's happening. It may take a while for me to reproduce again, took 6 blocks the last time to generate those logs.
Yes, I'm studied your logs, thank you. I suspect that the error may be in sorting. Set sorting to false.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:11:52 AM

Hey miners ))
burstmultipool.com wrote this: So far this shift you have earned: 1204.65471500000000005 BURST (estimate).

And as a result the payment does not come for the few day. Somebody mined on this multipool and how to pay this pool?

No idea fella am mining their also wating to hear when payments done but am assuming its done after sell orders been done on cryptsy and then bought into burst and converted into Burst and then sent to miners

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Palad1n

Activity: 113

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:15:11 AM

Hey miners ))

No idea fella am mining their also wating to hear when payments done but am assuming its done after sell orders been done on cryptsy and then bought into burst and converted into Burst and then sent to miners

Thanks, crazyearner.
And how long did you wait after mining your payment?
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:20:33 AM

Hey miners ))

Thanks, crazyearner.
And how long did you wait after mining your payment?

I only just started their so going to see how long it is. Its a multi pool so its factors beyond our control if it on auto pilot it needs to sell the cryptos its mined from our side then sell on cryptsy then come back buy burst and give in exchange could be 24 hours could be longer depending on how fast rounds are and how quick it is at selling

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
fanepatent

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:51:31 AM

The pool is up and the new ISP seems to work fine now.
http://mine.burstcoin.info is in need of miners.
We have 6 Tb mining directly into the asset account to increase share value. 4 more Tb on the way.
Skype and email support available.

BURST - BURST-58XP-63WY-XSVQ-ASG9A
mafostedu

Activity: 171

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:52:30 AM

Confirming that there's a serious issue.  You don't need to compare Blago's vs. anything else.
I did 2 things:
1. Compare Blago's new version vs old version.  New version misses deadlines, better deadlines!!
2. On longer blocks, just keep re-running latest version.  You will pick up new, better deadlines on the same block and this is confirmed on the pool side.

Bummer...

And yes, I kept log files with an example of rerunning the miner and second, third pass gets better deadlines.

I agree with you on the same,
With 24 TB I was getting daily atleast 1 block with Uray's miner but it was taking a long time to read my plots @ 4-5 MB/sec read speed & it keeps my HDD almost always seeking 100% while Blago's miner reads it out in max ~25 sec @ 30-40 MB/sec but as shown in the screenshot I have got only 2 blocks during last 6 days after started using Blago's miner & also the share count is decreased on Uray's SG pool, yesterday I switched to Uray's US pool just to see if it's due to pool or what but on US pool also I get less shares so now it's confirmed that the miner has definitely some issue.

P.S. for the last 2 days, I have set "UseSorting" : false still the result is same.
Blago

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:58:41 AM

I did 2 things:

Bummer...

The latest version adds check the file name and size and sorting, can you PM me both a log file?

Relax, I’m russian!...
BURST-B2LU-SGCZ-NYVS-HZEPK
DrTrouble

Activity: 111

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 04:33:51 AM

I am looking for advice on how to speed up mining.  I am using Blago's latest miner.  The PC my HDDs are hooked up to is a Tri-core Phenom w/ 16GB RAM, CPU only maxes when new block is found.  I have 4x 2TB HDs that all report around ~30sec while mining (SATA 6Gbps).  Then I have 10TB via eSATA, and a different 10TB sitting on a FreeNAS ZFS share that I am hooked up to via Gigabit.   The eSATA reports around ~80 sec to scan and the Gigabit ZFS typically gets ~130sec.  My question is, how much am I missing with these 'high' times to submit?  Also, is there anything I can do to improve given my setup?  I will admit that I have several other high-powered PCs that could probably be utilized to mine the eSATA 10TB or the 10TB Gigabit setup, but I am not sure it would help.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or tweaks would be much appreciated...

What is this "Bitcoin" of which you speak???
DrTrouble

Activity: 111

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:28:07 AM

I just wanted to weigh in on what may be holding Burst back.  First off, let's be honest - Burst coin is awesome!  It brings a whole new kind of miners to the game.  No more stupid SHA-256 USB miners, Scrypt kiddies, no more major investment in over-priced graphics cards that will drop in value quicker than you can say "Karmacoin"...

Burstcoin is revolutionary - it takes what virtually every computer user already has (HDD space), and allows you to make a few bucks off of it.  It is the first of its kind.  This is why it has BOGGLED me on why there is not more adoption among the community.  Is it because all the typical miners and the typical community members are already heavily invested Bitcoin miners, Scrypt miners, Graphics Card mining, straight CPU mining???  Quite possibly...

Burst has been out about 2 months and while improvements have been made, we are not even close to being a common name in the 'Altcoin' world.  Plotting/Optimizing/Staggers/Mining is misunderstood and confusing.  This is to be expected with a new era of mining and I accept that.

All of this being said, I would like to present my two main points that Burst needs asap to be successful.

We need some serious media coverage. I am talking about mainstream techy websites and news sites to reach all of the nerds that hold hard drive space.  Wired.com, Gizmodo, cNET, TheVerge, Toms Hardware, EnGadget, TechCrunch, PCMag, etc etc etc. [/b]These sites cater to a tech enthusiast crowd who are familiar with Bitcoin, have likely looked in to it, but think they are removed because they do not want to drop a ton of money on some fancy mining machine that has no other purpose.   Present them a way that they can get involved with the 'Bitcoin Rush' using equipment that they already have, ie lots of TBs, and they would be ecstatic to get involved!! Who knows, maybe they would bring a few genius dev's along as well...

Ease of use. I know this is still being worked on, but we need easier tools to plot/optimize/mine.  Install wallet, set Reward assignment, receive coin to legitimize (oopss, faucets empty?), Stagger size this, GPU plot that, optimize what, java hog who, confusing confusing confusing.  Click and go type stuff is needed.

Ok all, I just had to get my suggestions out there.  I would like to thank anyone who has helped me get started over the last month and all Dev's/Pool owners who have been involved in the last month.  Getting up and going has been a fun challenge for me and I am looking forward to the future of mining Burst coin. 

Let's get this baby going while we still have the element of surprise ("I didn't know you could earn Bitcoin with spare hard drive space???") and a lot of upside.

What is this "Bitcoin" of which you speak???
Pages: « 1 ... 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 [670] 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: