Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:05:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 [659] 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
RonMank

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:53:28 AM

People, calm down!!! The price doesn't matter, it's just that we can't give up when it's low. HDD mining + NXT features. Take some time to think about it, and then realise that that kinda sounds a lot like something which can be used all over the world....it just needs patience and marketing. Yeah, we need marketing. PM if you can help...preferably over at burstforum.com

Sure, I am inclined to help with marketing if possible. Check out the airdrop I've started up for BlueCoin, I'll send you a pm with the link. I can do something similar for BURST, it seems to have way more activity anyways, and could be worth while in adoption. Let me know if this is a direction you would like to go for signature distribution of BURST.

I still believe there is a future with this, if continued to execute properly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:54:43 AM

Something isn't right here. Over 2 Million Burst was dumped earlier today - 1.9 Million by the same person, and the dumps are still coming. Worse than a falling price is losing big whales like that - gives a very negative signal to prospective investors that 'big money' feels they made a profitable decision dumping at 130 Satoshi therefore it must be expected to fall below that. Sort of like that massive 15BTC dump on Swift - triggered the down trend. Difference is we havent been pumped and another downtrend now would not be good for the long term survival of the coin. It's cripplingly difficult to make up lost ground in the sense that if we fall to 100 Sat it will take a 500% increase in market cap to get us back up to a 'low but fair' price of 500 sat; we can forget about 1000 Sat if it touches 100 Sat - at least for the medium term.

Any way we can get the multipool up and running again? If we can soak up 2 or 3 BTC worth of Burst per day we might still be able to get this thing on an upwards movement.

Yes finally a nice post. To be honest 2mil BURST is not big at all (given the price now). I even know some people who hold > 20mil BURST. The problem exists and we must face it. The most innovative part of BURST is its mining technique, so I understand why people ask about it a lot. But unfortunately it's not enough. To survive as an established coin longterm we need more. PR, educating people about the greatness of HDD mining, merchant acceptances, new unique features. The dev could help at the last part, and for god's sake please let's him focus his strength on this. The other parts muss come from us. If we could build a great community like DRK, BURST in explode. The price will come after, it's just a natural flow.
dekodoge

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:58:35 AM

BURSTCOIN = POPPED.
AizenSou

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:59:25 AM

blah blah

You see? Welcome the trolls. If the trolls coming back, so it's always a good sign LOL
Irontiga

Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:00:32 AM

Something isn't right here. Over 2 Million Burst was dumped earlier today - 1.9 Million by the same person, and the dumps are still coming. Worse than a falling price is losing big whales like that - gives a very negative signal to prospective investors that 'big money' feels they made a profitable decision dumping at 130 Satoshi therefore it must be expected to fall below that. Sort of like that massive 15BTC dump on Swift - triggered the down trend. Difference is we havent been pumped and another downtrend now would not be good for the long term survival of the coin. It's cripplingly difficult to make up lost ground in the sense that if we fall to 100 Sat it will take a 500% increase in market cap to get us back up to a 'low but fair' price of 500 sat; we can forget about 1000 Sat if it touches 100 Sat - at least for the medium term.

Any way we can get the multipool up and running again? If we can soak up 2 or 3 BTC worth of Burst per day we might still be able to get this thing on an upwards movement.

Yes finally a nice post. To be honest 2mil BURST is not big at all (given the price now). I even know some people who hold > 20mil BURST. The problem exists and we must face it. The most innovative part of BURST is its mining technique, so I understand why people ask about it a lot. But unfortunately it's not enough. To survive as an established coin longterm we need more. PR, educating people about the greatness of HDD mining, merchant acceptances, new unique features. The dev could help at the last part, and for god's sake please let's him focus his strength on this. The other parts muss come from us. If we could build a great community like DRK, BURST in explode. The price will come after, it's just a natural flow.

Excuse me....2mill is 2 thirds of the burst mined in a day....
HoldTheLine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:06:41 AM

Any shaky hands out there wanting to sell 1 Million Burst for 150 Satoshi let me now. We will arrange an exact time privately, you will put them up on Bittrex at 150 Sat and I will buy them.

Anything to keep the damn market afloat.
AizenSou

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:21:29 AM

Excuse me? The one with > 20mil BURST could easily dump the market to 1sat now.
With 200mil BURSTs in circulation now, why should be panic if 1% of total coin was dumped on the market ?
Irontiga

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:25:13 AM

With 200mil BURSTs in circulation now, why should be panic if 1% of total coin was dumped on the market ?

I'm not panicking, all i'm saying is that if this keeps up, the 2 thirds dumping, well then we're in a spot of trouble.
enta2k

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:34:27 AM

Just bought 100k @ 130 and i will keep them long term, because when i look at all the other shitcoins, this one really gives me hope.

AFN

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:45:30 AM

@maxkeiser will help us  Grin First implementation of HDD mining, dirty cheap price - he love it.
Irontiga

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:51:05 AM

Just bought 100k @ 130 and i will keep them long term, because when i look at all the other shitcoins, this one really gives me hope.

Shot, now tell everyone you know to do the same
AizenSou

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:51:57 AM

I'm not panicking, all i'm saying is that if this keeps up, the 2 thirds dumping, well then we're in a spot of trouble.

Given the money which invest in HDD to mine now, I don't think BURST will go away soon. Price only reflects the short term trend. With BURST you can't not simply "switch your rigs to mine something else" if it becomes unprofitable, right ? As long as people keep mining, there will be a demand. The best for the coin now is stop wasting your time for mining related stuffs, I honestly think we have more than enough pools right now. Better is to focus time and your creative mind on improving other aspects of the coin.
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:02:51 AM

When we hit bittrex we rise to 5k!!
1100 satoshi is to low now! Buy at 1100 or will cry later!

Ops, sorrry, this was 2 months ago.  Wink

ahahahaha... i remember tooo!!!

i hope we can rise soon!!!

but not sure!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
fanepatent

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:56:45 AM

Those who have HadrInvest shares.
Promote http://mine.burstcoin.info so we can put the 10 Tb we bought to good use. Se we can increase your shares value Smiley
10 Tb mining directly into the asset account.

BURST - BURST-58XP-63WY-XSVQ-ASG9A
parizek

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:14:35 PM

Hi guys, I would like to try BURST. Can somebody send me a starting amount to be able to activate my account ? :-)
BURST-PL8R-32XD-GAYL-4N2DR
Many thanks in advance,
Martin
OmegaReaper

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:18:08 PM

Hi guys, I would like to try BURST. Can somebody send me a starting amount to be able to activate my account ? :-)
BURST-PL8R-32XD-GAYL-4N2DR
Many thanks in advance,
Martin

Sent!
parizek

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:27:02 PM

Thanks man!  Wink
Nevril

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:16:38 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2014, 07:10:26 PM by Nevril

Ok, I've read enough of this. Let me share a couple of thoughs:

1a) Burst is losing value. Wrong! Burst value is stable, Bitcoin is raising back to 400$. That's why you're seeing Burst loosing.
1b) Does this mean that we are ok? No we aren't! We should raise side by side with Bitcoin, but this won't happen thanks to some divine intervention. I know many people spread allover many coins think that when Bitcoin raises their coin raises too, but there is no mathematical neither logical link between two different coins! Have you ever seen $ raising and € following? or viceversa? No! Their are almost independent!

2) Often I read "I plan on buying 1 bitcoin, 3 bitcoin, 7Giga bitcoin". Nice, do it, but think on how you do it! You cannot go to an exchange and buy 1M bursts! I've seen many times (yesterday was the last) a huge increase in the buying price, up to 185 from 135! And no buy wall! Just a 50 sat gap between buy/sell offers! Where do you want to go like that? Look:
i) See if there are other people interested in investing (e.g. gather 5-10 btc!)
ii) Set a maximum price (i.e. 200 sat)
iii) Put the buy offer such that it "eats" some of the sell walls and then creates a good buy wall. (e.g. invest 1/4 of bits to raise the burst value and 3/4 to keep the wall alive, lower/higher the maximum price accordingly). A huge wall! You can't pretend a 0.1 bitcoin to be a solid wall: get back to point (i).

3) Stop talking about mining? Are you serious? This is a Work In Progress coin with an unbelievable potential and we should stop talking about how to exploit and develop it? We have to raise issue so they get fixed asap! Having lots of people who don't understand how to mine simply means that there aren't enough/clear/easy-to-find information neither there is a 1-click mechanism to start mining (I know there is "something" like that but it is lost in 667 pages!)

4) I know about the forum, I visit it. But 90% of investors/miners will never go and subscribe to another forum when a coin is in its early adoption. Info have to be put in front of them! Starting from the Topic! What the heck is "Efficient POC Mining"? What is POC? Just another useless acronym! "Efficient Hard Disk Mining"! It's so easy!

5) Spread the word. I know we all want to get some bursts in our pockets before the big pump! I want that too and say "ehi, I became rich with an hard disk! *evil laugh*", but there will be no pump if we keep on going like this. We need the Dev and the supporters beign a little more present and start to tweak old features, instead of continuously focus on developing new ones. There is no need in having 5-6 different miners and 5-6 different pools. We are 3K miners more or less, not 300K! Try to talk to each other and come up with a single, easy-to-use (i.e. idiot proof!) miner and merge some of the pools. Dev, what's the point in having Dev1 (old) and Dev2? Remove both and go for a Dev3 with some graphic and search function to see how each miner is progressing. To all, update the "how it works" I still see a lot of spelling errors and wrong information!

These are my 5 points to grow big&quick. I can't do more than sharing them with you and stay for some suggests when needed: for the next few months I'll be a really busy person.
Maybe I've been rough while explaining but, you know, we need an alarm to wake all of us up. Cm'on guys, we can do it!
AFN

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:33:05 PM

Maybe we could change the title from Burst | Efficient POC Mining   to   Burst | Efficient HDD Mining? Make it easier to understand.

4) I know about the forum, I visit it. But 90% of investors/miners will never go and subscribe to another forum when a coin is in its early adoption. Info have to be put in front of them! Starting from the Topic! What the heck is "Efficient POC Mining"? What is POC? Just another useless acronym! "Efficient Hard Disk Mining"! It's so easy!

+1 PM dev
Blago

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:52:50 PM

[MINER]

btw, update miner-burst 1.141009   https://www.dropbox.com/s/szey1v5ccvyy5c5/miner-burst-1.141009.zip?dl=0

* fixed crash after losts server
* log-file in English   (pm me errors)
+ description network errors in your language (in log-file)
+ added parameter "ResponseMaxTime" to config - timeout interval for send & receive

Relax, I’m russian!...
BURST-B2LU-SGCZ-NYVS-HZEPK
Pages: « 1 ... 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 [659] 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: