Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:44:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 [760] 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170605 times)
luxe

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:40:49 PM

Your question was answered before, when you mine a block you get the block reward, not the coins whose transactions are in that block. The transaction was imo a transaction to an exchange account, hence the 10 mil balance

No Exchange, just investor ... first 3 are exchanges http://burstcoin.eu/charts/addresses-by-balance ...  
xizmax

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:43:12 PM

Your question was answered before, when you mine a block you get the block reward, not the coins whose transactions are in that block. The transaction was imo a transaction to an exchange account, hence the 10 mil balance

No Exchange, just investor ... first 3 are exchanges http://burstcoin.eu/charts/addresses-by-balance ...  

I stand corrected, I thought it might be one of the smaller exchanges.

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
alfag4

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:50:40 PM

Il little question:

today mining in solo i forged a block with 700,000 (700 thousands) coins but i received only 8600 burst. The others where goes?
I see that all coins in the block are sent to the BURST-5NVZ-GXHA-N3S9-DGZBA account. Why?Huh
Who is the owner of that account?

Thanks

Are you part of a pool?  I suspect it went to the pool.

I've been curious, I know the basic idea but how do pools work from a technical angle?

No, i'm not in a pool.
I'm mining in solo and in the wallet i set the reward assignment to my account id so theorically i'm not part of any pool.
I see that balance of this account is 10 millions of coins.

So in every forged block there are the addresses of others accounts that receive some coins?
luxe

Activity: 257
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:56:38 PM

So in every forged block there are the addresses of others accounts that receive some coins?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin#The_block_chain
xizmax

Activity: 527

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 09:58:08 PM

Il little question:

today mining in solo i forged a block with 700,000 (700 thousands) coins but i received only 8600 burst. The others where goes?
I see that all coins in the block are sent to the BURST-5NVZ-GXHA-N3S9-DGZBA account. Why?Huh
Who is the owner of that account?

Thanks

Are you part of a pool?  I suspect it went to the pool.

I've been curious, I know the basic idea but how do pools work from a technical angle?

No, i'm not in a pool.
I'm mining in solo and in the wallet i set the reward assignment to my account id so theorically i'm not part of any pool.
I see that balance of this account is 10 millions of coins.

Yes mate, when you look at a block you can see all the transactions that are included in that block. How many there are, which addys made the transactions plus the amount in coins.

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
callmejack

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:15:03 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2014, 10:28:13 PM by callmejack

i was playing around with embedded hardware during the last days to test a setup for a standalone mining machine.
the plotting is done on regular x86_64 computers but mining works with a modded version of dccts miner on a arm a20 soc.
i am completely in the test phase with that but my current results show me this is a option for a long term low power mining device (current estimate is less than 7 watts depending on hdd and psu).
if you use wd 6 tb red editions the power consumption reduces to a bit more than one watt for a tb.
the total costs sum up to about 50 bucks soc hardware plus the hdd, powersupply, case and a network port.
i run this tests on a solo wallet hosted on another machine. for pool mining it can be made to be plug and play.
hosting a own wallet on the soc device may influence the mining performance due to java memory and cpu requirements but the wallet also works in the device.
at the moment i have to wait for my plots to transfer onto the disk but depending on stagger sizes the arm core can handle up to 8 mb/s mining speed.
this should be enough to almost parse 8tb plots within the blocktime.
my estimate to run the current network size with this hardware sums up to 400.000 $ hardware invest and daylie energy costs of less than 100$ !
if anybody is interested in a howto guide let me know and i check how i can provide it. maybe in cooperation with pools which maintain the sd card images for the soc device. it is quite simple if you know what to do.
for anybody who asks why i post such stuff here is my short answer: i want to drive the diff up to at least 20pb within the next couple of month.

yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:48:18 PM

Regardless, still thinking about getting into burst. It'd be nice if there were more poc coins though, if burst starts spiraling the drain it's nice to have more options.

I think cloning + maintaining + adding new feature for POC coin is not as easy as normal PoW , PoS coin. I suspect if there is ever a clone of burst it would be just copy and paste. No new feature and it would probably be a scam coin because it's not an easy coin to maintain.

Also , it's not a good time for alt coin in general for this period of time.

If burst were to be release last year, i bet it would reach 5,000 - 10,000 sat.

If alt coin pick p next year , we will probably see some cloning but by then burst could probably be the market leader in PoC coin.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:00:11 AM

Regardless, still thinking about getting into burst. It'd be nice if there were more poc coins though, if burst starts spiraling the drain it's nice to have more options.

I think cloning + maintaining + adding new feature for POC coin is not as easy as normal PoW , PoS coin. I suspect if there is ever a clone of burst it would be just copy and paste. No new feature and it would probably be a scam coin because it's not an easy coin to maintain.

If alt coin pick p next year , we will probably see some cloning but by then burst could probably be the market leader in PoC coin.

exactly right.. meantime pools are in major disarray and SATA disks are expensive as heck 6T won't go down in price that easily.. so not just difficult to maintain but not that ultra cheap to mine, also it is very hard to hijack disk space of required magnitude so this is very anti-bot resilient coin

pool operators have to be cautious and provide steady as much as possible flow of deposits it is very important in general not just for individual miners  it is quite unbelievable to me that pools established by core developers to which also assets are tied to are in such a weak state
callmejack

Activity: 256

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:29:54 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 12:58:54 AM by callmejack

exactly right.. meantime pools are in major disarray and SATA disks are expensive as heck 6T won't go down in price that easily.. so not just difficult to maintain but not that ultra cheap to mine, also it is very hard to hijack disk space of required magnitude so this is very anti-bot resilient coin

pool operators have to be cautious and provide steady as much as possible flow of deposits it is very important in general not just for individual miners  it is quite unbelievable to me that pools established by core developers to which also assets are tied to are in such a weak state
the pool situation is a direct result of the java backend.
java is not designed to scale quite well by simply adding memory to centralized hosts.
the solution is to port (start from scratch) the required burst protocol parts to a solid c++ backend and run the pools with that.
every single effort which is put into the java code base to stabilize the pool situation is in my eyes not worth it cause the next limit is already set.

what burst needs is a core functionality c++ api to host professional services.
this includes to act as full network peer (aquire and distribute the blockchain),
submit blocks to the network,
extract reward receipients from the chaindata,
send burst,
extract messages,
send messages
and to create addresses from private keys.

if this works the whole api functioniality for the asset exchange and marketplace may get added.
a intermediate solution may be to create a mysql backed partial blockchain with php access to take the pool load away from the java components on the pools. however, as far as i know is the core pool servercode still based on java.
another option to stay with java may be to add autonomous proxies to the pools which submit the round reward assignments to a hidden internal pool server which distributes the rewards. keeping them in sync may be much harder to code than starting to design the c based api from scratch.

a simple pool design may be this:
wallet (current or c based) --> distribute current block information and stats to the miner connect nodes
connect nodes --> provide block data to the miner, accept and verify shares, provide cached stats --> submit miner results to central hidden node
hidden node --> distribute rewards, provide stats
load balancer --> knows throughput of shares for each node and assigns miners to nodes

q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 12:43:45 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 01:02:23 AM by q327K091

pool operators have to be cautious and provide steady as much as possible flow of deposits it is very important in general not just for individual miners  it is quite unbelievable to me that pools established by core developers to which also assets are tied to are in such a weak state
java is not designed to scale quite well by simply adding memory to centralized hosts.
the solution is to port (start from scratch) the required burst protocol parts to a solid c++ backend and run the pools with that.
every single effort which is put into the java code base to stabilize the pool situation is in my eyes not worth it cause the next limit is already set.

this includes to act as full network peer (aquire and distribute the blockchain),
send burst,
extract messages,
send messages

if this works the whole api functioniality for the asset exchange and marketplace may get added.
a intermediate solution may be to create a mysql backed partial blockchain with php access to take the pool load away from the java components on the pools. however, as far as i know is the core pool servercode still based on java.

oo shoot,... this explains.. thanks however algo is solid and there is next protocol.. all great things..

so if hypothetically a clone arrived with core code base in C++ we are dead as cow in the heat... knowing this landscape by now clone will arrive.. and not just one.. because it has money making potential for data centers (in the futuristic sense..)

this by no means is a FUD but reality check . thanks for this post it is important...

@callmejack it is not like BURST has funds like BTC to engage in sophisticated network programming in native C++ .. I could be wrong.. and I want to be wrong.. I love UI interface.. (although much derived from next) it is just cool.. but winners will be core features at high speed and scalability.. more or less like dark in the stealth variety ...  anyways I stop here because there is absolutely 0 contribution from me outside some hand waving philosophy... mining continues.. for reason of next protocol and being first and high % of coins have been mined and people many are not selling , because it is a tedious process to mine especially here with expensive disks spinning and constant risk of their failure and that is FIAT
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:08:32 AM

pool operators have to be cautious and provide steady as much as possible flow of deposits it is very important in general not just for individual miners  it is quite unbelievable to me that pools established by core developers to which also assets are tied to are in such a weak state

send burst,
extract messages,
send messages

another option to stay with java may be to add autonomous proxies to the pools which submit the round reward assignments to a hidden internal pool server which distributes the rewards. keeping them in sync may be much harder to code than starting to design the c based api from scratch.

wallet (current or c based) --> distribute current block information to miner connect nodes
connect nodes --> provide block data to the miner, accept and verify shares --> submit miner results to central hidden node
load balancer --> knows throughput of shares for each node and assigns miners to nodes

I think this has more to do with the approach used by uray's pool software. Every single nonce sent is http posted to the wallet, which apparently doesn't handle that much load that well, and the wallet ends up also doing a lot of redundant calculations, as it doesn't save the mining related information between calls. If the pool checked results and only passed on the best ones, I don't think the situation would be as bad.

Under more sane conditions the built in api should be able to handle requests without issue, but if not the h2 database can be directly accessed by another program if the h2 AUTO_SERVER option is set.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
timk225

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 01:37:47 AM

SO... the price on this shitcoin STILL hasn't gone up, huh?  Is there anyone here still stupid enough to even be mining it?  I didn't bother to read any previous posts before typing this.  I'm glad I left it behind a long time ago.  I still have my 10,931 coins sitting on an exchange in case it ever does pop up.  Feel free to offer me 800 satoshis each coin for them.

uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:48:32 AM

send burst,
extract messages,
send messages

wallet (current or c based) --> distribute current block information to miner connect nodes
connect nodes --> provide block data to the miner, accept and verify shares --> submit miner results to central hidden node

I think this has more to do with the approach used by uray's pool software. Every single nonce sent is http posted to the wallet, which apparently doesn't handle that much load that well, and the wallet ends up also doing a lot of redundant calculations, as it doesn't save the mining related information between calls. If the pool checked results and only passed on the best ones, I don't think the situation would be as bad.

Under more sane conditions the built in api should be able to handle requests without issue, but if not the h2 database can be directly accessed by another program if the h2 AUTO_SERVER option is set.

sorry i've been off for couple of days, currently focusing on upgrading pool, i am sorry if there are a lot of problem before, its because vps provider is pushing me that i made too huge tcp connection, too many cpu time, too much traffic, so i ended up moving all of those pool to new dedicated server, with new software which should be more efficient and has better reward distribution, currently SG and EU already using new code and under testing, and also the front-end is still buggy but i believe back-end is working as intended right know

no, my pools does not post every single nonce received to wallet, its processed first in native C++, and only best nonce for current round is sent to wallet, and also mining info related APIs are cached, its not directly from wallet

but i believe another pool that use my source code doing direct send to wallet for every single nonce, its my guess anyway, because it is how it work in the very basic source code i made public

anyway q327K091, what do you mean pools are in major disarray ?
uray

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:53:31 AM

ah...and also for miner who own following account :

BURST-CREX-FD53-Q698-FJHLS
BURST-ZZDB-7NHL-V5C9-673TK
BURST-9UF6-P65T-7F5Y-EWHD3

please use proper miner, or remove your passphrase.txt, you are sending your secret passpharase to server!
Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:00:18 AM

please use proper miner, or remove your passphrase.txt, you are sending your secret passpharase to server!

Maybe it would've been better to send them encrypted blockchain messages?
uray

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:09:43 AM

Maybe it would've been better to send them encrypted blockchain messages?

yeah... i just want to make fun of them Tongue
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:10:19 AM

Hi!

Introducing simple hazard game called:
GUESS SCOOP WIN BURST
(I was never good in naming things :-) )

See description of BURST-4BET-7D3W-ZMWX-D3W4J account.

Its about guessing the scoop number of every 5th block (blocks 37570, 37575, 37580,...) and its provably fair*.

Bet: 10 BURST
How to: Send 10 burst to address above (alias "scoopwin10" ) with unencrypted message containing number you guessing.

Your transaction must be in the block xxxx0-xxxx4 to be rewarded from the block xxxx5
(or xxxx5-xxxx9 to be rewarded from the block xxxx10)

Who guessed the closest number wins!

The guessing range is 0 to 4095 (if higher, its X mod 4096 )
Guessing range is "circle" - distance 4095 and 0 is 1

Invalid transactions (wrong amount of burst, no message, no number, encrypted message) are sent back (if amount is higher than 2 burst)

If there is only one guess in the round, there is postponed to next round.

Currently running "beta" before start with higher bets.

Bugreports, suggestions (and donations) at BURST-4WYN-ZUTY-EE89-9ZYP2

Fee is 0.5%

number you guessing is choosen by you an you can check numbers of all other players (because are unencrypted)

For block 4 you know scoop of block 5, but your transaction will be included in block 5 ... and transaction included in the block 5 is heading to the scoop in block 10.

Interesting concept and every bit of activity around Burst can be of help.

Risking 10 Burst isnt too big of a deal, however the structure of the game does involve trust as you need to send the Burst back to the winners. Unless youre running a long con I guess we're ok Smiley

Thanks for this kind words.
I am not sure, if there is possibility how to do without sending burst to 3rd party. Even the original Satoshi Dice was based on sending BTC somewhere...

But, before sending Burst, you can check ( http://burstcoin.eu/address/13261835548395382169 ), if the game is still fair.
Currently there is one bet waiting for the "challenger" :-) And before it there were two transactions with guesses
1212 and 868 and the scoop was 3512

The 868 is closer to 3512 (over the zero, don't forget, its circle) and won.

About "long con" - only coins I can "stole" are from the current round - last 5 blocks. Not worth stealing.
From long run point of view, I will have income from fee (hopefully).

Don't be afraid of my honesty but my coding skill! :-D I hope I caught all bugs, but no one ever knows.
____
PS: for grammar nazi: I am not native speaker. ;-)
You might want to adjust the range it accepts guesses. The miner who mines block 4 will be able to include his own transaction in block 4 while knowing what scoop block 5 will require. I don't think anyone would bother doing that at this stakes, but just wanted to point out that the person who mines block 4 is able to cheat.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 03:20:25 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2014, 03:38:44 AM by crowetic

-ANN-

ISSUE!

Please point all miners for http://burst.ga to 192.198.95.50

Thank you and I apologize for the inconvenience!

edit: http://192.198.95.50:8124 for some miners 192.198.95.50:8124 for some. Sorry about this. http://192.198.95.50 - pool page.

There is an issue with me and my balancer/failover host, so please point directly to the server for now. Thank you.

Made Changes to the burst.ga name servers, so everyone should be back up when they clear their cache. Sometimes sooner I suppose...

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 03:30:16 AM

sorry i've been off for couple of days, currently focusing on upgrading pool, i am sorry if there are a lot of problem before, its because vps provider is pushing me that i made too huge tcp connection, too many cpu time, too much traffic, so i ended up moving all of those pool to new dedicated server, with new software which should be more efficient and has better reward distribution, currently SG and EU already using new code and under testing, and also the front-end is still buggy but i believe back-end is working as intended right know

no, my pools does not post every single nonce received to wallet, its processed first in native C++, and only best nonce for current round is sent to wallet, and also mining info related APIs are cached, its not directly from wallet

but i believe another pool that use my source code doing direct send to wallet for every single nonce, its my guess anyway, because it is how it work in the very basic source code i made public

Hey uray,

did you read my post a few pages back: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg9652448#msg9652448 ? Are these issues solved so I can return to SG?

uray

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 03:38:50 AM

Hey uray,

did you read my post a few pages back: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg9652448#msg9652448 ? Are these issues solved so I can return to SG?

pool is still in beta, if i found another critical bug, i might need to reset user balance again if there are no other alternative fix, but currently SG already running more than 24 hr without backend bug, so its up to you
Pages: « 1 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 [760] 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: