Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:34:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 [792] 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
katlogic

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:39:22 AM

You're saying that you would prefer that we don't integrate in ATs until after Nxt has them?  If we don't take risks and try to get our name known then we are always a Nxt clone.

Nah, it depends on what burstdev plans to do. Is 1.3.1 where burst diverges from NXT for good? Or are there plans to develop alongside? To give some perspective - asset tracking was reworked significantly in bleeding edge nxt to the point almost all interesting bits are in db (finally! one does not need to re-parse blockchain anymore...). This is clearly related to DAC (which is huge undertaking in itself, and needs a lot of small foundations built first).

This is why I'm vary - perhaps its a bit too early to start collecting funds when there is very little known whats actually planned on the technical side of things.

Also yes bluemeanie and the way that was handled was bad.. by that was a totally different developer.. why does that apply here?

Personally? NXT, DAC and forum member with dubious rep bringing it up, all in same sentence. The google results read almost like strange dejavu.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 02:50:17 AM

I happened to get the guys who wrote Automated Transactions (aka Smart Contracts) for Nxt to agree to integrate them into Burst.  Nxt has delayed integration and Nxt is probably not going to be ready to add them for a while.

Check with burstdev about his schedule regarding rebase past 1.3.1. There have been some drastic changes in 1.3.2 onwards making merges non-trivial. AT are planned for NXT 1.4/1.5. Personally, I'm not sold on the idea of funding NXT dev when burst is not in hurry to follow bleeding edge nxt (which is imo a good idea).

And there is also this stigma of assorted drama wrt paid dev in NXT (look up 'automated transactions bluemeanie jl777' in google - all very amusing, not sure some people would want to be associated with that).
This is not new news. I've been working with vbecas on ATs since mid november integrating, updating, fixing, and adding things. Things were originally quiet as I didn't know how it would go, but now the AT system seems to be running stable on testnet, and is close to releasable.

Neither of the devs you mentioned have anything to do with this implementation.

Regarding rebasing, burst is already on 1.3.2 which has everything in the db and doesn't need rescans. I haven't looked farther yet to see what else has changed.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
katlogic

Activity: 75

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:17:14 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 03:46:59 AM by katlogic

This is not new news. I've been working with vbecas on ATs since mid november integrating, updating, fixing, and adding things. Things were originally quiet as I didn't know how it would go, but now the AT system seems to be running stable on testnet, and is close to releasable.

Neither of the devs you mentioned have anything to do with this implementation.

Regarding rebasing, burst is already on 1.3.2 which has everything in the db and doesn't need rescans. I haven't looked farther yet to see what else has changed.

Thanks for clarification. Indeed my info is out of date, I somewhat missed 1.1.5 release. 1.3.2->1.3.4 is not as drastic (to backport interesting APIs, like 458a70e84c9bfed898e64d278eb7a548f65f27a8 and 5e11030d37b354c2359ba1d3006d016cbe0efb48).

If vbecas gets a burst wallet, I'd be happy to throw some coins at him.

Some background tidbits:
Jean-Luc voicing his reservations why NXT does not want AT
vbecas mentioning his possibly jumping ship to burst
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 03:34:03 AM

Thank you for the good news.
mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 03:37:36 AM

Thank you for the good news.

Haha, agree  Smiley Didn't know about it so great news!

FakeAccount

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

I'm not real

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 04:49:46 AM

If you have problems with RAM performance use Runaurufu Burst Miner, change pool and directories in configuration.xml to fit your needs - tool has been checked by forum members and is clean - using it myself long time already.
no one has checked it...

besides, I've been testing a version of Blago's miner that deals with memory issues... so far so good. Smiley
mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2014, 05:08:22 AM

If you have problems with RAM performance use Runaurufu Burst Miner, change pool and directories in configuration.xml to fit your needs - tool has been checked by forum members and is clean - using it myself long time already.

no one has checked it...

[---]

This slightly contradictory... Explain, please.

FakeAccount

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

I'm not real

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 05:25:43 AM

no one has checked it...

[---]

This slightly contradictory... Explain, please.

several ppl asked if it was vetted. no response in affirmative.
yellowduck2

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 06:02:40 AM

poloniex looks kinda almost sold out of burst.

Total on sale left 5.8 million
Nevril

Activity: 108

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:25:54 AM

I happened to get the guys who wrote Automated Transactions (aka Smart Contracts) for Nxt to agree to integrate them into Burst.  Nxt has delayed integration and Nxt is probably not going to be ready to add them for a while.

However, the Automated Transaction developer is asking for funding and I would really like to make sure that he gets paid a reasonable amount for his many months of work. It's in our best interest as well to make sure he's invested into Burst since he's a good developer and we need more of them.  I'm chipping in 250k Burst myself.  Anyone else mind chipping in some donations?

I'd like to get him at least a million, maybe two million Burst.

Additionally, could someone write up a press release for these?

I have set-up a wallet for this purpose if you would like to donate: BURST-NTAZ-LX9T-BVB9-CN373

If mmmaybe is more trusted than me, seeing as how I'm new to the community, he could escrow for this instead.  Or we can use the built in escrow tool.  Just let me know if you want anything like this.

Thanks for your effort but a negative rating from Gmaxwell ?
If you don't mind I would have Nevril as the one who manages the fund.

Just my 2 BURST.

Regards,

Aizen

mczarnek also asked me to escrow for this project via PM.

I can be the escrow if all of you want, but I'd first like to know the opinion of Burst Dev about Automated Transactions and whether or not they can be implemented without issues for the developing schedule he has already planned.

Moreover, I've checked quickly what AT are... If their only purpose is to pay dividends to assets share holders... 1M of Bursts sounds like a lot of money for a work that took me 3 (full) days to develop...
It would be nice if also AT Dev comes here to explain features in detail and how they could integrate with the current Burst. Because, ok Burst is Next based, but it isn't Next.
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:54:05 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2014, 09:06:50 AM by burstcoin

I happened to get the guys who wrote Automated Transactions (aka Smart Contracts) for Nxt to agree to integrate them into Burst.  Nxt has delayed integration and Nxt is probably not going to be ready to add them for a while.

However, the Automated Transaction developer is asking for funding and I would really like to make sure that he gets paid a reasonable amount for his many months of work. It's in our best interest as well to make sure he's invested into Burst since he's a good developer and we need more of them.  I'm chipping in 250k Burst myself.  Anyone else mind chipping in some donations?

I have set-up a wallet for this purpose if you would like to donate: BURST-NTAZ-LX9T-BVB9-CN373

If mmmaybe is more trusted than me, seeing as how I'm new to the community, he could escrow for this instead.  Or we can use the built in escrow tool.  Just let me know if you want anything like this.

Just my 2 BURST.

Regards,

Aizen

I can be the escrow if all of you want, but I'd first like to know the opinion of Burst Dev about Automated Transactions and whether or not they can be implemented without issues for the developing schedule he has already planned.

Moreover, I've checked quickly what AT are... If their only purpose is to pay dividends to assets share holders... 1M of Bursts sounds like a lot of money for a work that took me 3 (full) days to develop...
It would be nice if also AT Dev comes here to explain features in detail and how they could integrate with the current Burst. Because, ok Burst is Next based, but it isn't Next.

This is something that has already been in progress, and is close to ready for release. Refer to my post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg9792602#msg9792602 and katlogic's post directly below it.

Regarding what ATs are, it's a smart contract system that allows turing complete scripting on the blockchain. Scripts can be created and stored in the blockchain, and the scripts will get their own account id that can receive funds, and the script is able to make its own outgoing transactions. Scripts are able to sleep for numbers of blocks or be reactivated when transactions are sent to them, allowing for the script to carry out it's actions over extended periods of time.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
Nevril

Activity: 108

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:32:17 AM

Just my 2 BURST.

Regards,

Aizen

This is something that has already been in progress, and is close to ready for release. Refer to my post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg9792602#msg9792602 and katlogic's post directly below it.

Regarding what ATs are, it's a smart contract system that allows turing complete scripting on the blockchain. Scripts can be created and stored in the blockchain, and the scripts will get their own account id that can receive funds, and the script is able to make its own outgoing transactions. Scripts are able to sleep for numbers of blocks or be reactivated when transactions are sent to them, allowing for the script to carry out it's actions over extended periods of time.

I totally missed your reply Tongue

Sounds interesting, so... No need for funding and escrow, nice Cheesy
soronto

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:33:10 AM

I wanna to buy some more hdd's and I'm looking for best (value/power) solution to how to connect them to my mainboard. I made some research but still don't know where should I go. Can I have any tips?

If you have free SATA-Ports on your motherboard I suggest WD Green 3TB or 4TB drives. They are cheap, fast and quite reliable. External USB3.0 Drives are also fine, just don't pick Intenso (had lots of problems with them).

All SATA ports are occupied, so I need additional SATA controller.

i bought a controller with 2x internal SATA and 2x USB3 , for two of my 3 pc's.  it was PCIe and it was dirt cheap. I used the internal extra SATA ports to put online some old disks i had lying around, and the external USB ports were used for 4TB intenso and seagate disks.  You want to verify that you have an extra PCIe slot before going that route..

I need a SATA controller with possibility to connect minimum 8 additional HDD. Does anyone know something interesting?
steeveGrube

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:48:45 AM

I wanna to buy some more hdd's and I'm looking for best (value/power) solution to how to connect them to my mainboard. I made some research but still don't know where should I go. Can I have any tips?

If you have free SATA-Ports on your motherboard I suggest WD Green 3TB or 4TB drives. They are cheap, fast and quite reliable. External USB3.0 Drives are also fine, just don't pick Intenso (had lots of problems with them).

i bought a controller with 2x internal SATA and 2x USB3 , for two of my 3 pc's.  it was PCIe and it was dirt cheap. I used the internal extra SATA ports to put online some old disks i had lying around, and the external USB ports were used for 4TB intenso and seagate disks.  You want to verify that you have an extra PCIe slot before going that route..

I need a SATA controller with possibility to connect minimum 8 additional HDD. Does anyone know something interesting?

you can start from here....

http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/support/sas/sas/asa-7805h/

250euro in eu

not so expensive!!!
yellowduck2

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:55:06 AM

Depending on which miner u are using, ur rig efficiency is limited by supporting resources (e.g CPU or RAM). For instance , u if are using miner which depend on CPU to read plot , its impossible to fully finish reading 100 TB of data under 1 min because CPU is not powerful enough to read it all in such short time.

If u want to go big , splitting to multiple rigs would be more efficient in terms of time taken to complete reading plot.

If ur rig is not efficient , what happen is you will get little payout often (pool mining) because your rig did not finish reading the plot before the round ends (e.g block found in 30 sec) which means your rig wasted space that u have brought because ur rig never get a chance to read them often which makes your rig inefficient.
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:58:02 AM

Where can I buy Burst? Poloniex, Bittrex all have very few Burst sale orders..

bobafett

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:03:05 AM

at the moment its hard to get some... you have to pay a high price.
yellowduck2

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:04:34 AM

Where can I buy Burst? Poloniex, Bittrex all have very few Burst sale orders..

C-cex got good sell order up to 150.

If u flip through all exchange , u will notice price above 200 is no mens land (even fewer sell order)

It could be possible someone / group trying to corner the market for a pump, they have been accumulating for many weeks.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:48:58 AM

magnetic data storage capacity is doubling every 18 months, if someone has a better chart please provide, for example more data center (cloud) centric forecast etc

BURST might be one of the KEY developments in crypto since blockchain innovation by bitcoin, I still can not wrap my head around on technology impact of using storage for proof of hash, it is between us, one crazy wild idea that might just work, that no one is selling I am not surprised

Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 10:51:17 AM

Looks like the network size has dropped 55% in the past 3 days. Currently running around 5.8 PB while we where over 13 just a few days ago. Lets see if the difficulty drops. In combination with the price climbing this morning, its looking pretty good for us small time miners Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 [792] 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: