Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:10:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 523 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scientific proof that God exists?  (Read 845475 times)
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:07:38 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 10:21:02 PM by cooldgamer

So Dicksperiment, any proof of those 50btc you own?   Roll Eyes

Yeah, Decky. Take Vod on his honor, and send him the bitcoins. He'll send 'em back if he loses.   Grin
He asked him to sign the address, not send him the coins

On topic: no matter how much you guys debate how entropy works, it still doesn't prove there is a god.  Seems to be the latest buzzword for trying to disprove evolution, even though scientists have already debunked that idea.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/thermo.html

Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:27:03 PM

To be honest mate, the water analogy was interesting, but you are goin on a bit..

Aquarians are away doing sumat else very quickly, at least you held my attention for a bit, but you lost it by goin on about something I actually find boring, for it i useless arguing with someone who cannot accept their own flawed questions lead nowhere..
Demonstrate, beyond a reasonable doubt, that what you assert is more valid than that which I assert, and I will surely concede.

Nah, it's now boring.
Decksperiment

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:29:17 PM

Yeah, Decky. Take Vod on his honor, and send him the bitcoins. He'll send 'em back if he loses.   Grin

On topic: no matter how much you guys debate how entropy works, it still doesn't prove there is a god.  Seems to be the latest buzzword for trying to disprove evolution, even though scientists have already debunked that idea.

I wasnt discussing entropy, I was puzzling over what he was saying, and beat him with an empty glass full of colouring.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:41:24 PM

So Dicksperiment, any proof of those 50btc you own?   Roll Eyes

Yeah, Decky. Take Vod on his honor, and send him the bitcoins. He'll send 'em back if he loses.   Grin
No need to send, just point the addresses in the blockchain and we know :p
Decksperiment

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:42:42 PM

No need to send, just point the addresses in the blockchain and we know :p

Spot vods brown ring getting closer together? Just wait for the timing..

oh, and how many address's has my bitcoin wallet actually got, if my latium has 5? All in different names..

The one available here is to show the world how lame half you's are.. the addy I posted shows why collecting from faucets is useless.. see? Your all advertising FOR ME that faucets are POINTLESS. Everything vod and his bumchums say drags bitcoin down with them.. remember, new potential customers read things like this..

And listen to radio dj's.. REAL, LIVE radio dj's..
username18333

Activity: 378

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:47:39 PM

You missed a detail of our conversation. (See the emboldened portion.)

Boil glass of water, colouring will stick to sides.
By what means shall you boil such that you do not introduce "new disorder" into yourself (as per the requirements)?

Ok, I'll sit it out knowing the water will evaporate, and leave the colouring behind. I promise not to touch it Wink

That introduces new disorder into the environment, the diffusion of the water molecules through the atmosphere.

You introduced this disorder, not I, I just sat and fell asleep watching it.. remember your up against someone who will get to the truth of the matter, in that you chose water, knowing it would evaporate of it's own accord, I had no say in this scientific fact, I merely debunked the question, using nothing.

Edit: twas a good question, you had me thinking, but it is also an invalid question with regards to your point, due to the fact you forgot water is constantly changing.
That "constant change" illustrates (part of) my point: entropy does, indeed, proceed towards a maximum.

What was then to be argued is that existence is an isolated system and, therefore, subject to the maximization of entropy, and that this "maximization" begets the manifestation of everything (not read: "everything that exists" [though, that's technically accurate]).

By thermodynamics, existence, which is an isolated system, would "spontaneously evolve towards thermodynamic equilibrium, the configuration with maximum entropy" (Wikipedia).

Nothing, then, is lost to everything.

It is to be inferred from there that God necessarily exists.

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
Decksperiment

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:49:38 PM

You missed a detail of our conversation.

By what means shall you boil such that you do not introduce "new disorder" into yourself (as per the requirements)?

Ok, I'll sit it out knowing the water will evaporate, and leave the colouring behind. I promise not to touch it Wink

That introduces new disorder into the environment, the diffusion of the water molecules through the atmosphere.

You introduced this disorder, not I, I just sat and fell asleep watching it.. remember your up against someone who will get to the truth of the matter, in that you chose water, knowing it would evaporate of it's own accord, I had no say in this scientific fact, I merely debunked the question, using nothing.

Edit: twas a good question, you had me thinking, but it is also an invalid question with regards to your point, due to the fact you forgot water is constantly changing.
That "constant change" illustrates (part of) my point: entropy does, indeed, proceed towards a maximum.
(Bold attribute added for emphasis.)

What was then to be argued is that existence is an isolated system and, therefore, subject to the maximization of entropy, and that this "maximization" begets the manifestation of everything (not read: "everything that exists" [though, that's technically accurate]).

By thermodynamics, existence, which is an isolated system, would "spontaneously evolve towards thermodynamic equilibrium, the configuration with maximum entropy" (Wikipedia).

I missed nothing, it got boring.. I'm not even looking for what I may have missed, I'm that interested..
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:51:36 PM

I dont HAVE a fuckin god you fuckin twat, your like the idiot who walks in a pub and gets a wiff of booze and suddenly your the man, but if you'd been in the pub long enough, you'd realise every cunt wants tae kick the shit ooty ye, but yer too pissed tae take the fuckin hint.. your nowt but a coward behind a keyboard, wi nae girlfriend tae wake up the way only I know how to..

Dicksperiment, it's obvious you are the one that is dragging bitcoin down with your garbage posts.   You need to grow up and move out of your parent's house.  Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
username18333

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:53:34 PM

Yeah, Decky. Take Vod on his honor, and send him the bitcoins. He'll send 'em back if he loses.   Grin

On topic: no matter how much you guys debate how entropy works, it still doesn't prove there is a god.  Seems to be the latest buzzword for trying to disprove evolution, even though scientists have already debunked that idea.

I missed nothing, it got boring.. I'm not even looking for what I may have missed, I'm that interested..
Do you concede the relative validity of my assertions?

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
Decksperiment

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:54:35 PM

On topic: no matter how much you guys debate how entropy works, it still doesn't prove there is a god.  Seems to be the latest buzzword for trying to disprove evolution, even though scientists have already debunked that idea.

Nah, you are 100% wrong.
username18333

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:55:58 PM

Nah, you are 100% wrong.
Care to elucidate?

Decksperiment

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:04:27 PM

Not interested, busy collecting data to send vod to the hell he should burn in.
username18333

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 11:08:18 PM

Not interested, busy collecting data to send vod to the hell he should burn in.
Concede you, therefore, the relative validity of my assertions?

Decksperiment

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:11:28 PM

Are you unemployed?

username18333

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 11:13:55 PM

Are you unemployed?

I am one known a measure of privacy about their affairs.

cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 11:16:50 PM

In a closed system entropy does increase, buuut...

Quote from: Talk Origins
However, they neglect the fact that life is not a closed system. The sun provides more than enough energy to drive things. If a mature tomato plant can have more usable energy than the seed it grew from, why should anyone expect that the next generation of tomatoes can't have more usable energy still? Creationists sometimes try to get around this by claiming that the information carried by living things lets them create order. However, not only is life irrelevant to the 2nd law, but order from disorder is common in nonliving systems, too. Snowflakes, sand dunes, tornadoes, stalactites, graded river beds, and lightning are just a few examples of order coming from disorder in nature; none require an intelligent program to achieve that order. In any nontrivial system with lots of energy flowing through it, you are almost certain to find order arising somewhere in the system. If order from disorder is supposed to violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics, why is it ubiquitous in nature?

username18333

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 11:20:50 PM

(The second segment of emboldened text was highlighted by "cooldgamer.")

In a closed system entropy does increase, buuut...

Quote from: Talk Origins
However, they neglect the fact that life is not a closed system. The sun provides more than enough energy to drive things. If a mature tomato plant can have more usable energy than the seed it grew from, why should anyone expect that the next generation of tomatoes can't have more usable energy still? Creationists sometimes try to get around this by claiming that the information carried by living things lets them create order. However, not only is life irrelevant to the 2nd law, but order from disorder is common in nonliving systems, too. Snowflakes, sand dunes, tornadoes, stalactites, graded river beds, and lightning are just a few examples of order coming from disorder in nature; none require an intelligent program to achieve that order. In any nontrivial system with lots of energy flowing through it, you are almost certain to find order arising somewhere in the system. If order from disorder is supposed to violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics, why is it ubiquitous in nature?
That demonstrates my final assertion above: God would be the ultimate manifestation of that order within existence.

Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 11:35:52 PM

I'm comin for you for real mate, I guarantee that you have made so many enemies in this forum already that it wont be too long before I'm posting your details all over the place.. feel free to do same.. am no a keyboard coward like you.. just look at how you walk in on other peoples lives and fuck it up? I'm the cunt that will do you for real.

You know... I'm just going to say you're a quack.  I doubt you can even find my country on a map.

But enough about you and me.  This is a thread about imaginary gods...
I dont HAVE a fuckin god you fuckin twat, your like the idiot who walks in a pub and gets a wiff of booze and suddenly your the man, but if you'd been in the pub long enough, you'd realise every cunt wants tae kick the shit ooty ye, but yer too pissed tae take the fuckin hint.. your nowt but a coward behind a keyboard, wi nae girlfriend tae wake up the way only I know how to..

Sorry, don't have the CPU cycles to parse all those errors. 

Tell you what - believe in whatever you want to believe and be at peace with yourself.  It's the ONLY way you will win.  Just ignore the truth.

Start your "poll" to kick me off and I'll pack up my stuff in the morning.  Sad
Died from laughing. God resurrected me. Jk.

Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 11:43:55 PM

Failing that, delete my account, for I'm not here to sit with losers.

The "ignore" button is always an option to avoid this.  Wink

Yeah, I tried that, but if I had ignored him, I would not have been given external links that pointed out that I am not the only one that is raging that this guy is still attacking and scamming.. so un-ignoring, in my opinion, and pardon the pun, was a necessary evil.. Just a shame he made a mess of our lovely thread..
What is your response to that scientific evidence I posed?
That it is incorrect.  The second law of thermodynamics does not disprove evolution
Right now there's a bunch of evidence for intelligent design and not so much for evolution. However, really, Science cannot prove anything. Science. Cannot. Prove. God. It can allude to a god (small g) but it would be the result of undiscovered aliens (hey, possible). Evolution could be true, although it's simply very, very unlikely. Christianity has good evidence for it - but all that evidence, since you believe that the improbable big bang happened, could, once again, be chance.

You cannot prove something you weren't there to witness.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 11:44:47 PM

Right now there's a bunch of evidence for intelligent design and not so much for evolution.

LOL.  There is zero evidence for intelligent design.  Educate yourself.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 523 »
  Print  

Jump to: