Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:57:23 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:58:34 PM

I sold all my 30k SDC last week!

There are much better coins with true Tech & Devs!!!
Sorry but i thought SDC would be successful...

BULLSHIT

Bye
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:00:03 PM

Here was the problem as I see it.

Yes, there were recent announcements and I'm very grateful for them, but for whatever reason I think some people were expecting a date for the hard fork late last week, over the weekend or today (Monday). See the comment below.

Our developers expect to pick up speed now that all the necessary updates have been made to ShadowCore and a date has been scheduled for the PoS v2 hard fork.

The fact the date has not yet been announced (as far as I know anyway) is not the problem. It is what happened after.

Over the weekend the price of SDC was slammed down to 33k and things began (naturally) to get heated in BCT. People were asking for reassurances from the Team which could have been offered without request (arguably should have been) and once requested were not quickly forthcoming.

This situation was again strained today because obviously (as many thought) ryno would post some kind of update, particularly after such a harrowing weekend. Instead this Freedom Day party comes out of nowhere (for me and most of this community) and when I read that in IRC I had no idea what it was or what it would mean in terms of not having any expectations for Monday.

So again it boils down to basic communication. People had different expectations based on different sets of information. The time delay for information to get from slack/irc to BCT is crucial. The longer it takes the less transparent things appear.

Case in point: ffmad posted what Freedom Day is here in BCT many hours after it was mentioned in IRC. I'm sure the community would've cut the Team more slack (forgive the pun) if this had been mentioned earlier today or yesterday.

When btc price is dumped or it falls, do the btc core devs make announcements? For every sale that happens on sdc, should the dev team assure the community that everything is fine?

No one can account for what anyone individual or the market will do, people buy and sell all the time. And other nefarious people use that action to instill panic. Case in point what happened this weekend.

Yes i understand what your saying CH, but a line must be drawn somewhere. People shouldnt have to be babysat, about their investments.

Do you understand? I think my point was quite reasonable and yet you feel Im asking too much. If anybody had bothered to mention over the weekend it was South Africa's biggest national holiday today  (a fact which clearly was known to many people) I would not have had any expectation for news today and instead of wasting my time in BCT I would've celebrated the holiday myself instead of arguing about it. Dammit! Basic communication.

QNaka

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:00:24 PM

I sold all my 30k SDC last week!

There are much better coins with true Tech & Devs!!!
Sorry but i thought SDC would be successful...

BULLSHIT

I'm truly sorry for your loss.
child_harold

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:01:27 PM

CH, I suggest you stay away from the stock exchange. Many public corporate entities only communicate to shareholders every quarter.

This is a small community. It shouldn't be hard for us all to be on the same page.

p.s. DO u really think a NASDAQ company CEO would not make a public statement or communicate with shareholders if his company's share price had more than halved in 2-3 weeks? Interesting your mind is.

ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 09:19:15 PM

CH, I suggest you stay away from the stock exchange. Many public corporate entities only communicate to shareholders every quarter.

This is a small community. It shouldn't be hard for us all to be on the same page.

p.s. DO u really think a NASDAQ company CEO would not make a public statement or communicate with shareholders if his company's share price had more than halved in 2-3 weeks? Interesting your mind is.

SDC isn't a company. Developers aren't CEO.

Team isn't here to babysit anyone. Apart from core developers, we give our freetime to Shadow and we aren't paid for that. So stop asking as if we owe you something.

Seriously, a small search on google/duckduckgo and anyone would have found that this day is important in SA. (and in NL too, so crz and edu aren't present today too)

I already hate Bitcointalk (shitty forum, shitty trolls, etc...), and those discussions aren't helping -_-

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
FakeSDCDev

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:20:17 PM

Hi guys. Sorry, I know it's been more than twenty minutes since I posted. Ate a packet of Simba Chipniks, took a quick piss.. now back to coding till 3 or 4 am.
Thanks for all your positivity and support.  Smiley

How dark/light was your urine? We need to know if you're properly hydrated and functioning to full capabilities.

Couldn't tell you. Few weeks ago tecno calls me up all excited like, "Hey SDCDev, SDCDev! You can keep coding while you piss bru. Just chuck your fokken laptop on top of the cistern!!"

Kiff as fok! Haven't looked down since.  Cheesy
Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:23:57 PM

Hi guys. Sorry, I know it's been more than twenty minutes since I posted. Ate a packet of Simba Chipniks, took a quick piss.. now back to coding till 3 or 4 am.
Thanks for all your positivity and support.  Smiley

How dark/light was your urine? We need to know if you're properly hydrated and functioning to full capabilities.

Couldn't tell you. Few weeks ago tecno calls me up all excited like, "Hey SDCDev, SDCDev! You can keep coding while you piss bru. Just chuck your fokken laptop on top of the cistern!!"

Kiff as fok! Haven't looked down since.  Cheesy

Holy.
Fucking.
Shit.
child_harold

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:35:13 PM

SDC isn't a company. Developers aren't CEO.

Team isn't here to babysit anyone. Apart from core developers, we give our freetime to Shadow and we aren't paid for that. So stop asking as if we owe you something.

Seriously, a small search on google/duckduckgo and anyone would have found that this day is important in SA. (and in NL too, so crz and edu aren't present today too)

I already hate Bitcointalk (shitty forum, shitty trolls, etc...), and those discussions aren't helping -_-

I was not comparing SDC to a company. I was responding to WC's comment about how stock exchange companies are less commutative than the Team.

I am grateful for all you guys do and only want to improve the things I observe could be improved. It is meant to be for the betterment of the entire project.

Vis-a-vis "baby-sitting" and your hatred for BCT I am quite frankly saddened you feel this way. Whether you like it or not BCT is still very important for Shadow.

As a rather new investor, I can't understand why you guys are killing child_harold. He makes a valid point. Not everyone will join slack, nor any other resource provided for many reasons both valid and banal. Whether you like it or not, the BTCtalk thread is a major resource that is the so called honey to your slack pot. This thread has to be maintained with the same alacrity as slack or whatever the heck there is. You guys kill him when he gets amped, you guys kill him when he wants news, you kill him when he questions the devs....Jesus christ. His questions are reasonable and valid. In this thread, half the time it feels like everbody's too cool for shit, the other time it's a gotta stay in lock step and not question anything, shout down the dissenters! I want to know these things as well. NO, I will not join slack. Yes, I expect updates to be posted here as well, perhaps by bot or dev or community member.  This community at times  feels, well,  strained. C_H takes care of troll slaying, but mostly its a hipsterish attitude.
P.S Give me a second, preparing for blow back.

Totally agree. While i can understand some of the reasons for slack, i personally do not like it. It's yet another form of social media to get to grips with and monitor along with all the rest. I prefer to browse through here for information and updates. I would consider this far more important and usefull, yet we seem to be getting bloody slack forced down our throats at every turn.

Thanks darkproton

bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:36:13 PM

And pages of BS, stupid pics, dick waggling, finger pointing, insults, hard feelings, and animated gif's just because a couple of community members asked how the testnet was progressing.   LMAO
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 09:46:15 PM

Excellent point, and there are legal implications concerning too much communication from executives. Giving unannounced information or information in the wrong time or venue is not permitted. How would anybody like for some great news to be announced first on a forum where you don't go, and by the time you hear about it and go to buy more coins the price is already to the moon?

The professional way to do it would be for the devs to give all official announcements on their own site only, on a regular schedule, and the rest of us can do the job of bruiting it around here or on whatever other fora we are on.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 09:53:21 PM

I was not comparing SDC to a company. I was responding to WC's comment about how stock exchange companies are less commutative than the Team.

I am grateful for all you guys do and only want to improve the things I observe could be improved. It is meant to be for the betterment of the entire project.

Vis-a-vis "baby-sitting" and your hatred for BCT I am quite frankly saddened you feel this way. Whether you like it or not BCT is still very important for Shadow.

People are looking here for some information, main OP, and the latest update, that's all. BCT will never be the home of a community. It's just an informative page for some investors.
We don't need to spam pages of bullshit, that's boring and the information get lost.

If someone wants to get involved in the community, he have ShadowTalk, Slack/IRC and Reddit. The thing that should really be improved is more Shadowtalk than BCT if you ask me ...

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:31:45 PM

ludx: Greetings Bitcointalkers, Slackers have arrived! Our current 1 post per 360 seconds limit is a bit long, but it'll get better.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
child_harold

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:32:27 PM

BCT will never be the home of a community.

Maybe so, but I still maintain the force is strong with BCT. Not to mention it's more entertaining and reaches a wider audience than Riverdance!

SpinDash

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:17:01 AM

I created a topic in russian board with asking for help. Every true Russian likes free stuff Grin
you can do it in your langs too

Чyвaки, кapoч, тyт тaкoe дeлo... Haдo, чтoбы SDC вce-тaки нaбpaл 500 чeлoвeк, пocлe этoгo cooбщeниe o мoнeтe пoявитcя в фидe y дoxpeнaльoнa людeй. Bce, чтo нaдo - нaжaть нa support with... здecь: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/24087-shadow-the-anonymous-economy
Ecтeccнo, нe зaбecплaтнo. Кaждый пoддepжaвший pиcкyeт cтaть oдним из 5 cчacтливыx oблaдaтeлeй 20% oт кyбышки, нa дaнный мoмeнт тaм бoлee 4к SDC(http://shadowchain.info/address/STCLAPoztkiXmwE71bc2jn4EX5GCLzJoib).
Увaжaя пpиpoднyю любoвь cвoиx coгpaждaн к xaлявe, я нaдeюcь нa вaшy пoддepжкy.
P.S. Кcтaти, кaк я пoнял, никтo нe мoжeт вaм зaпpeтить coздaть кyчy aккoв в твиттepe, и "пoддepжaть" cтoлькo paз, нa cкoлькo xвaтит coвecти, yвeличив шaнcы в нecкoлькo paз.
Boт, coбcнa, caм квoт:

http://oi58.tinypic.com/3fnf4.jpg

Support the Shadow Project in its #FightForPrivacy!

As some of you may know our community has set up a thunderclap campaign to raise more awareness for Shadow Project and the importance of fighting for your own privacy. Over the past 2 weeks we have been asking people to support the campaign by donating social reach using Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr accounts. In less than 2 weeks we managed to get a social reach of 1,300,000 people. This is something we should all be really proud of!

Thunderclap contest! Support and win SDC!

In order to reward all supporters the Shadow Community has kindly decided to hold a competition to support the #FightForPrivacy campaign. We have set up a wallet and added price money (SDC) that will be handed out to 5 people that have supported the #FightForPrivacy Thunderclap campaign. At this moment, already more than 2000 SDC has been donated into a donation address. When our Thunderclap message is blasted out we will pick 5 winners from the list of supporters. These winners will all receive a 20% share of the total amount that is on the wallet at that time. This means that everybody who wants to support the campaign can contribute by sending new donations to the wallet makings things more interesting for all supporters. To give new supporters some extra time to support and join the contest we have moved the launch date to the 10th of may.

Please support the campaign and encourage your friends who care about privacy to do the same. Together, we can let the world know how the Shadow Project will help us #FightForPrivacy!

WALLET: http://shadowchain.info/address/STCLAPoztkiXmwE71bc2jn4EX5GCLzJoib

To support the campaign and enter the contest, please visit:
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/24087-shadow-the-anonymous-economy

A big thanks and good luck to all supporters!

The Shadow Team

Gibbs187x

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Moon

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:40:25 AM

looking forward to the ios wallet

rutherford

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:18:06 AM

ludx: Good morning Bct!

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
drAGon925

Activity: 527

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:56:10 AM

Shadow is the price of freedom
child_harold

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:28:13 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 07:46:22 AM by child_harold

Shadow is the price of freedom

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
George Orwell

"There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires."
Nelson Mandela

"Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
Malcolm X

"We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."
Thomas Jefferson

rutherford

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:30:38 AM

ffmad: i'm posting in bitcointalk without posting in bitcointalk. Great job ludx :simple_smile:

█████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
child_harold

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:50:11 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 09:08:50 AM by child_harold

I created a topic in russian board with asking for help. Every true Russian likes free stuff Grin
you can do it in your langs too

Чyвaки, кapoч, тyт тaкoe дeлo... Haдo, чтoбы SDC вce-тaки нaбpaл 500 чeлoвeк, пocлe этoгo cooбщeниe o мoнeтe пoявитcя в фидe y дoxpeнaльoнa людeй. Bce, чтo нaдo - нaжaть нa support with... здecь: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/24087-shadow-the-anonymous-economy
Ecтeccнo, нe зaбecплaтнo. Кaждый пoддepжaвший pиcкyeт cтaть oдним из 5 cчacтливыx oблaдaтeлeй 20% oт кyбышки, нa дaнный мoмeнт тaм бoлee 4к SDC(http://shadowchain.info/address/STCLAPoztkiXmwE71bc2jn4EX5GCLzJoib).
Увaжaя пpиpoднyю любoвь cвoиx coгpaждaн к xaлявe, я нaдeюcь нa вaшy пoддepжкy.
P.S. Кcтaти, кaк я пoнял, никтo нe мoжeт вaм зaпpeтить coздaть кyчy aккoв в твиттepe, и "пoддepжaть" cтoлькo paз, нa cкoлькo xвaтит coвecти, yвeличив шaнcы в нecкoлькo paз.
Boт, coбcнa, caм квoт:

snipped

Aщesome!

Pages: « 1 ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [373] 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: