Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:11:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITS][Bitstar] Now on Cryptopia, Nova and Yobit new wallet fork in testing  (Read 438033 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
QuadraQ

Activity: 480
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:48:47 PM

You need to make sure the byte size is lower than 100k I believe.

I think you can select a few hundred transactions to send to a consolidation address before you reach that size though.

This is getting rather frustrating. It worked for a few of the addresses that I had a small amount in, but now that I'm trying to move 7875.754885 bits it just gives me the error that it failed to create the transaction. I've tried reducing the amount I'm trying to send from that address, to less than 1000 bits and I STILL get the error. If an address has a large amount of bits in it I can't seem to get it to send from that address. This is really baffling.

OK thanks to a friendly fellow user, I was able to figure out that I had a ton of small inputs and needed to check them off individually until I hit the byte limit. Kind of a pain but it works. Part of my reason for doing this in the first place though, is this: I created separate addresses for specific purposes, such as an address for exchange purchases, and multipool earnings. The idea was to be able to easily see how much I bought over time, or earned through the multipool. But I'm finding that as the Bitstar client mines new coins it seems to use all of the addresses I've created which defeats the purpose. Is there some way to constrict the address used for mining?
Bitstar_coin (OP)

Activity: 2450
Merit: 693

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:04:14 AM

You need to make sure the byte size is lower than 100k I believe.

I think you can select a few hundred transactions to send to a consolidation address before you reach that size though.

This is getting rather frustrating. It worked for a few of the addresses that I had a small amount in, but now that I'm trying to move 7875.754885 bits it just gives me the error that it failed to create the transaction. I've tried reducing the amount I'm trying to send from that address, to less than 1000 bits and I STILL get the error. If an address has a large amount of bits in it I can't seem to get it to send from that address. This is really baffling.

OK thanks to a friendly fellow user, I was able to figure out that I had a ton of small inputs and needed to check them off individually until I hit the byte limit. Kind of a pain but it works. Part of my reason for doing this in the first place though, is this: I created separate addresses for specific purposes, such as an address for exchange purchases, and multipool earnings. The idea was to be able to easily see how much I bought over time, or earned through the multipool. But I'm finding that as the Bitstar client mines new coins it seems to use all of the addresses I've created which defeats the purpose. Is there some way to constrict the address used for mining?

Not unless you no longer want to stake, POS uses coins to create coins therefore will always turn large inputs into smaller ones, but if you "house tidy" every 1-2 weeks you can keep it from getting too bad.  This is just how POS works.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1253

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:11:14 AM

PoS coins are particularly prone to creating high numbers of transactions and the ability to regularly consolidate them automatically would be extremely useful.

I think it is most definitely worth thinking about seeing if such a function could be incorporated into the wallet. It would certainly be a feature worthy of a bounty.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
QuadraQ

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:18:57 PM

PoS coins are particularly prone to creating high numbers of transactions and the ability to regularly consolidate them automatically would be extremely useful.

I think it is most definitely worth thinking about seeing if such a function could be incorporated into the wallet. It would certainly be a feature worthy of a bounty.

Agreed, especially since Bitstar has such a fast transaction time, which also means every 30 seconds new coins are being generated, so it creates a LOT of small inputs. So there's much more of a need to consolidate those, than with slower moving PoS coins.

On a related note, I'd love an option to suppress the notification of newly mined coins, since when I'm staking it's almost like a constant stream of pop-ups from the taskbar.
InitialDat

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:21:07 PM

Agreed, especially since Bitstar has such a fast transaction time, which also means every 30 seconds new coins are being generated, so it creates a LOT of small inputs. So there's much more of a need to consolidate those, than with slower moving PoS coins.

On a related note, I'd love an option to suppress the notification of newly mined coins, since when I'm staking it's almost like a constant stream of pop-ups from the taskbar.

+1
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:26:01 PM

You can disable all the notifications from the wallet by way of right-clicking on that area bottom right of your windows taskbar and selecting 'customize notification icons'.

*although, yes, it would be good to be able to disable just the staking transaction notifications.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
QuadraQ

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:29:14 PM

You can disable all the notifications from the wallet by way of right-clicking on that area bottom right of your windows taskbar and selecting 'customize notification icons'.

*although, yes, it would be good to be able to disable just the staking transaction notifications.

Yeah, I don't necessarily want to suppress ALL notifications, just the staking ones. (Incoming or outgoing Bitstar transactions for example, are notifications I DO want to know about.)
InitialDat

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:35:19 PM

Yeah, I don't necessarily want to suppress ALL notifications, just the staking ones. (Incoming or outgoing Bitstar transactions for example, are notifications I DO want to know about.)

I know what you're talking about. The non-stop mining notifications... This is a tad bit annoying when it comes to watching a stream for me.
QuadraQ

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:37:44 PM

I know what you're talking about. The non-stop mining notifications... It sucks because whenever I watch a stream, it tends to stay there forever unless I x it out.

Yeah exactly, and I've also found that when I have a program maximized it can interfere with anything in the lower right corner of the program window. For example using Quicken, I can't see the dollar amount there, because of the constant pop-ups.
Bitstar_coin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 04:57:43 PM

We'll look into adding these features, as they aren't chain related we should be able to do it as a minor version update, none mandatory.
QuadraQ

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:06:30 PM

We'll look into adding these features, as they aren't chain related we should be able to do it as a minor version update, none mandatory.

+10  Grin
Alexkiddleb

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:27:00 AM

Anyone else having syncing problems again?
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:35:32 AM

Not here, although if you go into the console and 'repairwallet' that often helps to resolve problems.

Do check how many transactions you have for your addresses, we're reaching the point now where people who didn't realise that a staking wallet would exponentially create more and smaller transactions are finding themselves needing to consolidate them into a new address.

I'm betting plenty of people with PoS wallets in other coins that were released earlier in the year are also going to be finding the same problem exists for them.

Still, I guess it's a good way to understand what aspects of the PoS system need fine tuning in general.

I've had to get my wife to spend a few hours at a time clicking through a few hundred transactions in coin control in order to consolidate addresses that had been quietly staking for long enough to count into many thousands. With PayPal introducing bitcoin payments, I see a large Ebay bill on the horizon in return!

Coinfan

Activity: 653
Merit: 217

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:21:45 PM

BITS only needs some more publicity. Just look for the limited number of posts on this thread in more than one month, it says all about the limited number of users.

But no problem to me. I'm still buying and at high volume. Go ahead, sell them cheap to me Smiley

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:59:21 PM

To be honest it has been more important not to succumb to hyping things and being targeted by a P&D group who would end up ruining the reputation of the coin.

There are interesting developments to be announced in due course and in the meantime work is being done, something often ignored by those who aren't actually doing anything to support a coin but who demand they be fed constant reassuring announcements, a common trait around this technology.

Seriously, some of the abuse being hurled around in other coin projects by self-entitled brats who demand the market be moved for them is absurd.

Coinfan

Activity: 653
Merit: 217

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:39:29 PM

I understand, but pumps & dumps are inevitable. BITS already had a few and it will have much more. I don't see them as intrinsically bad. Volatility attracts short-term traders that, after reading about BITS, might become long-term investors.

No payment system can grow without users. BITS won't go far if converts itself in an ignored/lost diamond. It's not a question of announcements, but of a sustained promoting campaign by its users. The announcement of the new trade system caught everyone by surprise, because BITS was for months a forgotten system/coin.

I'm taking advantage of the dumps, couldn't care less for announcements or pumps.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:49:28 PM

There's been brief periods of activity within the market during the last few months but definitely nothing to indicate P&D group levels.

Regarding promotion, even if the talks with supernet do not come to anything, there are plans for this project that will result in it getting a lot of attention and it is important to ensure that the wallet and integrated services, along with suitable cross platform support are developed fully and tested sufficiently before then.

It will take time and effort. Whatever the market does in the meantime is rather irrelevant to me.

jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:13:33 AM

I'm still voting. Grin Grin Grin

https://crypto-trade.com/voting

QuadraQ

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:37:12 AM

Heheh, my top two coins are at the top of the list. Smiley
Bitstar_coin (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 10:41:24 AM

Sorry for the lack up updates, been a manic week at work. 

Should have a private beta of the new auction/sale site just after the weekend
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: