Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:52:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312338 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 12:33:35 PM

Nice price action - someone wants a lot of XMR....

Smiley

I can't blame him/her.

I wonder if the same actor pumped and then sold - there were some large 4000 and 6000 buys and sells in there.

Of course I don't mind, it's nice to see 5% fluctuations in very short time periods - it means people keep an eye and there is good liquidity for large movers.   It also means it's worth day trading and market making.

Also, I get to keep my stash level and still average down a little although the price is way above what my average buy is.

I wonder why would someone buy 10 000 xmr and a few minutes later sell them? Doesn't make any sense to me at least.
Sure it is nice to have some action but personally I would like to skip the dumping part of the action.
What if there was an entity or a combination of entities just hoarding all the Moneros from the markets and refuse to sell any of them? Those basically could make Monero great and bring the price of XMR to millions. After all, if the markets are liquid enough, there is no reason for a bitcoin maximalists to switch to Monero maximalism and dump all their bitcoins into the tiny XMR markets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 12:53:01 PM

Smiley

I can't blame him/her.

I wonder if the same actor pumped and then sold - there were some large 4000 and 6000 buys and sells in there.

Of course I don't mind, it's nice to see 5% fluctuations in very short time periods - it means people keep an eye and there is good liquidity for large movers.   It also means it's worth day trading and market making.

Also, I get to keep my stash level and still average down a little although the price is way above what my average buy is.

I wonder why would someone buy 10 000 xmr and a few minutes later sell them? Doesn't make any sense to me at least.
Sure it is nice to have some action but personally I would like to skip the dumping part of the action.
What if there was an entity or a combination of entities just hoarding all the Moneros from the markets and refuse to sell any of them? Those basically could make Monero great and bring the price of XMR to millions. After all, if the markets are liquid enough, there is no reason for a bitcoin maximalists to switch to Monero maximalism and dump all their bitcoins into the tiny XMR markets.

There weren't many on the sell side.  Then, upon the rise up the sell side filled in under the price, also a bit of movement may have brought more money into increase the rise.  Selling back may have upped the income from the move - hard to say of course, but it's possible.

As for making Monero great for us - why would anyone do that?   I think the lack of coins available and the good liquidity means XMR is attractive and that is why we are at the top of the Alts tree.

Ending the year at this kind of level (comfortably over $10) is huge.  Monero is a real contender and here to stay - anyone needing a balanced portfolio of crypto must have at least considered XMR and I have always thought another run to the ATH or more is lilkely for Spring 2017.  What I did not think was we would end this year at this level - I am a happy Hodler*.

*Of course the unfortunate boating accident where I lost most of my XMR means I have far less than I did

我想要火箭和火车
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 02:49:31 PM

seems like xmr is the best performing crypto this year Smiley congratz to all holders and happy new year 2017

I think we will find a new fair value for monero once this revaluation is over and i expect it to be above 15$
phoenix rises

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 03:14:28 PM

Smiley

I can't blame him/her.

There weren't many on the sell side.  Then, upon the rise up the sell side filled in under the price, also a bit of movement may have brought more money into increase the rise.  Selling back may have upped the income from the move - hard to say of course, but it's possible.

As for making Monero great for us - why would anyone do that?   I think the lack of coins available and the good liquidity means XMR is attractive and that is why we are at the top of the Alts tree.

Ending the year at this kind of level (comfortably over $10) is huge.  Monero is a real contender and here to stay - anyone needing a balanced portfolio of crypto must have at least considered XMR and I have always thought another run to the ATH or more is lilkely for Spring 2017.  What I did not think was we would end this year at this level - I am a happy Hodler*.

*Of course the unfortunate boating accident where I lost most of my XMR means I have far less than I did

I would speculate that is was the same person, testing the market to see where the supply and rdemand levels are, and shaking the tree a little in the process. The costs of the exploration (if any) are probably well worth it for the data gathered (not to mention that some of the trading will be into their own bids and offers)

just a little bit of probing before the next move ...  Wink
alichang

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 03:34:15 PM

The train is already gone...

Chuck Norris knows Victoria's secret.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 03:40:34 PM

Smiley

I can't blame him/her.

I would speculate that is was the same person, testing the market to see where the supply and rdemand levels are, and shaking the tree a little in the process. The costs of the exploration (if any) are probably well worth it for the data gathered (not to mention that some of the trading will be into their own bids and offers)

A pleasing analysis.

Happy New Year, Sir Smiley

我想要火箭和火车
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 03:48:00 PM

Smiley

I can't blame him/her.

I love your nick.
Monero is the Phoenix that rises from the ashes.
I hope there will be some fresh green candles and high level of liquidity so that even the bitcoin maximalists dare to invest into Monero.
I am thinking I could be a market maker when the price is high enough for me. Now to make markets is a risky business since the cost might be the loss of your coins unless you have a lot of coins (which I do not have).
phoenix rises

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 03:54:31 PM

Yup, time for another shot at .015

@ kurious + TC ... thanks, and may 2017 be a prosperous year for us all  Smiley

And yeh, my nick is more of a prediction than a name lol
medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 04:05:49 PM

yeah sure people trade into their own orders to "test the waters"   Roll Eyes

and ofc they run several accounts all with fake identities to perform this absolutlely lucrative stunt of "gathering data" Grin

happy new year guys, lets pop some barolos tonight Kiss

XMR Monero
phoenix rises

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 04:20:35 PM

yeah sure people trade into their own orders to "test the waters"   Roll Eyes

and ofc they run several accounts all with fake identities to perform this absolutlely lucrative stunt of "gathering data" Grin

Yup, they do. Always have and always will. Part of The Great Game. Obviously if they are all your own orders it achieves nothing lol (or maybe just sthg different ....) and I was not implying that  Cheesy

Happy new year to you too  Wink
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 04:32:54 PM

We will see if we get some Monero denominated fireworks this secular New Year's eve.  Roll Eyes I prefer Green Fireworks to Red Fireworks.
medusa13

hello world

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 04:35:46 PM

yeah sure people trade into their own orders to "test the waters"   Roll Eyes

Yup, they do. Always have and always will. Part of The Great Game. Obviously if they are all your own orders it achieves nothing lol (or maybe just sthg different ....) and I was not implying that  Cheesy

Happy new year to you too  Wink

"part of the great game"  Grin

please tell me more about it  Roll Eyes

its more easy if you tell me at monero-markets,otherwise smooth will have to use that ugly color red again Kiss

XMR Monero
phoenix rises

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 04:39:48 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2016, 04:51:17 PM by phoenix rises

yeah sure people trade into their own orders to "test the waters"   Roll Eyes

Yup, they do. Always have and always will. Part of The Great Game. Obviously if they are all your own orders it achieves nothing lol (or maybe just sthg different ....) and I was not implying that  Cheesy

Happy new year to you too  Wink

"part of the great game"  Grin

please tell me more about it  Roll Eyes

its more easy if you tell me at monero-markets,otherwise smooth will have to use that ugly color red again Kiss

Not interested in your trolling. Careful not to add too much salt to your Barolo  Kiss
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 05:08:29 PM

The daemon communicates with the network.

The command line wallet does interact with the daemon but it has it's own commands, does not invoke commands on the daemon.

Both of these are standalone applications.

A wrapper would be an abstraction of some sort that invokes the commands on a parent application through a secondary interface.

Thank you this is a proper explanation. So would the (official GUI/CLI) interface be more correctly described as middleware?

Only for those that think of the train going to the next station, we prefer to think of it as going to the end of the line. Wink

I like the fact people are thinking in terms of XMR/USD now. Smiley

just a little bit of probing before the next move ...  Wink

Very astute observation, I concur. Although I think I would replace "person" with entity (IE organization).

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
medusa13

hello world

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 05:47:18 PM

yes very astute  Roll Eyes

so how is this done, technically ? how can you sell into your own orders?
im really interested please explain to me, since you guys seems to know the great game so well (lmao)

also i never use salt, rat poison looks nearly the same but is highly efficient. seems some of you even snorted that stuff, how else to explain their "market analysis"

but as i said i cant troll here too much i dont want to stress smooths nerves.

XMR Monero
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:12:33 PM

xmr is not the only option in town
there is another underpriced privacy coin out there that has yet to get the bright lights directed on it and will this month (jan)...

Missed this post a few pages back... but LOL c'mon man don't tease, let us know what other coin you're talking about here?

What could be better than our best good old HoneyPony's prospects at this current point in time?? 

Inquiring Minds Want To Know...!!!  Cheesy

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 07:16:10 PM

xmr is not the only option in town
there is another underpriced privacy coin out there that has yet to get the bright lights directed on it and will this month (jan)...

Missed this post a few pages back... but LOL c'mon man don't tease, let us know what other coin you're talking about here?

What could be better than our best good old HoneyPony's prospects at this current point in time?? 

Inquiring Minds Want To Know...!!!  Cheesy

I think he's shilling some scam clone of shadowtrash.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 07:17:11 PM

Price of XMR has been looking good over the last few days - I wouldn't be suprised if XMR became no2 or no3 on CMC by this time next year - Lets see where 2017 takes XMR =D
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 07:37:53 PM

Resistance at the 0.004-0.005 level may well be inevitable, but the speed and ferocity at which it is finally broken shouldn't be of any objective surprise. Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if we were toying with 0.0160 by years end.

Well... what's a couple of satoshi between friends?  Wink

Happy New Year everyone. Here's looking forward to 2017.

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 07:42:00 PM

Resistance at the 0.004-0.005 level may well be inevitable, but the speed and ferocity at which it is finally broken shouldn't be of any objective surprise. Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if we were toying with 0.0160 by years end.

Well... what's a couple of satoshi between friends?  Wink

Happy New Year everyone. Here's looking forward to 2017.

Haha, great prediction - close enough in my opinion =D
Pages: « 1 ... 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: