Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:03:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 [1621] 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312481 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:50:29 AM

Anyone notice how lately the XMR price as listed on www.monero.how has been notably higher on the two smallest exchanges...

Code:
USD/XMR EXCHANGES
Price 24hr Volume (XMR)
Bitfinex 115.35 29,000
Bittrex 115.03 2,870
Kraken 116.58 2,544
Livecoin 121.81 261
Exmo 120.70 232

...usually these kind of arbitrage opportunities don't last more than a few minutes: this seems to have been persistent a few days since I noticed it.

Anyone lately try to arb from Livecoin/Exmo to Bittrex/Kraken, or what's the deal here? What's the catch? Some kind of hidden fee or something?

Check volume.  Live coin, dead exchange?  NO point if you can only make $10.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:19:34 AM

gdamnd i hate those fake news....   im sooooo glad that this community strive for truth and despise those fake news and fake ann... oh wait ....

Exactly.  Full Fluffy announcement here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAoIDBzXcAAsKgR.jpg:large

Most important part here:

okay m8... he is just some guy on tweet with fake ann, he is totally not Core dev of monero... got it...  gtg bye.  Cool

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:09:31 AM

Anyone notice how lately the XMR price as listed on www.monero.how has been notably higher on the two smallest exchanges...

Code:
USD/XMR EXCHANGES
Price 24hr Volume (XMR)
Bitfinex 115.35 29,000
Bittrex 115.03 2,870
Kraken 116.58 2,544
Livecoin 121.81 261
Exmo 120.70 232

...usually these kind of arbitrage opportunities don't last more than a few minutes: this seems to have been persistent a few days since I noticed it.

Anyone lately try to arb from Livecoin/Exmo to Bittrex/Kraken, or what's the deal here? What's the catch? Some kind of hidden fee or something?

Counterparty risk. How much money are you going to trust with Livecoin or Exmo?
bigtee

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:21:41 AM

Code:
USD/XMR EXCHANGES
Price 24hr Volume (XMR)
Bitfinex 115.35 29,000
Bittrex 115.03 2,870
Kraken 116.58 2,544
Livecoin 121.81 261
Exmo 120.70 232

Counterparty risk. How much money are you going to trust with Livecoin or Exmo?

And 1/10th to 1/100th of the volume. Hard to know if you'd even be able to make a large enough trade to make any money on those exchanges.
HODL to the moon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:29:33 AM

Do you think the targets of 500 and 1000 dollar are somewhere sustainable in the future? Like in a few months/years maybe?

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:35:08 AM

Do you think the targets of 500 and 1000 dollar are somewhere sustainable in the future? Like in a few months/years maybe?

No.  It is impossible.  We've seen the high, all we can do is sell as much as possible, as high as possible.  The coin is dead, nobody's working on it anymore.  There is not even a GUI for the latest release.  Too bad, it was such a great idea.  Undecided

OK.  The non-sarcastic answer:  No, I doubt those levels will be sustainable for long.  Likely to be blown through and never revisited, within months/years. 
MorrisBuy

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:44:28 AM

I'm afraid that now China, and after some other State, will begin to regulate cryptovalues. Obviously they will not do anything for the benefit of the people but all for the benefit of them, the State. They now have no control over anything ... surely there will be some state that will hurt and some State less but with taxes on taxes ... they will certainly not make crypto life easy. I just hope they let breathe the market for other few month before start tilting at windmills... which might lead to breaking legs to speculation or anyway the growth as we know it today.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 10:33:33 AM

I'm afraid that now China, and after some other State, will begin to regulate cryptovalues. Obviously they will not do anything for the benefit of the people but all for the benefit of them, the State. They now have no control over anything ... surely there will be some state that will hurt and some State less but with taxes on taxes ... they will certainly not make crypto life easy. I just hope they let breathe the market for other few month before start tilting at windmills... which might lead to breaking legs to speculation or anyway the growth as we know it today.

The correction in price is overdue now. China and regulation is only the trigger. There will be more.

Prices of cryptos can fall by 80% in the next year or so, but it is just a natural cycle.It has happened before.
MorrisBuy

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:55:20 AM

The correction in price is overdue now. China and regulation is only the trigger. There will be more.

Prices of cryptos can fall by 80% in the next year or so, but it is just a natural cycle.It has happened before.

how to move around this time? keep hold? sell in part? sell off and buy back soon?
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 11:20:49 AM

how to move around this time? keep hold? sell in part? sell off and buy back soon?

Your choice.  Depends how much risk you want to take. Impossible to make precise timing predictions, but what is certain is there is going to be a fall sometime in the next few months, and a very big one.
MorrisBuy

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 11:34:07 AM

Your choice.  Depends how much risk you want to take. Impossible to make precise timing predictions, but what is certain is there is going to be a fall sometime in the next few months, and a very big one.

I'll try to wait in the next few weeks to see if there's going to be an improvement, and I'll take a share of the gain ... the other part I'll risk it, I'm sorry I did not do it when we entered bithumb. To date I got 7 times the initial investment, I can think of taking a share. The only strategy was to always hold hold hold and believe in monero.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:08:34 PM

You said that right. Price of Cryptos, not price of Bitcoin. I doubt BTC will go under $1000 but whole Crypto market cap can get on 20% from ATH. BTC was simply undervalued a year ago.
johnalan

Activity: 200
Merit: 47

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:43:06 PM

Aminorex / Rangedriver any thoughts on this chat?
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 03:57:38 PM

Idiotic talk, we haven't even hit bubble stage if you check a chart in log scale. Wall Street money is coming, an etf will happen in 6 months... anyone who doesn't want to be watched will move to XMR

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
johnalan

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:08:58 PM

I think you're wrong.

When the SEC denied the ETF and Bitcoin didn't have a bear market I realised things were different.
We will not see that kind of decline again IMO.

Crypto has passed the point of no return.

For Bitcoin to reach the same market cap as Gold, the required price is $500,000. Crypto Mcap less than 1 Trillion USD is baby period.

"but what is certain is there is going to be a fall sometime in the next few months, and a very big one." - wonderful that you can predict the future with 100% accuracy.
johnalan

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:11:40 PM

Idiotic talk, we haven't even hit bubble stage if you check a chart in log scale. Wall Street money is coming, an etf will happen in 6 months... anyone who doesn't want to be watched will move to XMR

$1000.00 USD XMR by 2019 possible?
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 04:28:40 PM

I think you're wrong.

When the SEC denied the ETF and Bitcoin didn't have a bear market I realised things were different.
We will not see that kind of decline again IMO.

Crypto has passed the point of no return.

For Bitcoin to reach the same market cap as Gold, the required price is $500,000. Crypto Mcap less than 1 Trillion USD is baby period.

"but what is certain is there is going to be a fall sometime in the next few months, and a very big one." - wonderful that you can predict the future with 100% accuracy.

Well, yes I can, using generalities. Did it before.  There will be a big correction.

I do hope there won't , but I think that is unrealistic.

Remember that this is only about general averages. There will be relative winners, as well as 95% losses.
storm122

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:57:05 PM

"I have been holding some Monero for some time, but i am a bit pessimistic about the future of this coin, especially
after the closure of the dark web marketplaces, i just can't see it taking off again."
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:55:42 PM

"I have been holding some Monero for some time, but i am a bit pessimistic about the future of this coin, especially
after the closure of the dark web marketplaces, i just can't see it taking off again."

"Really? I am afraid I don't think you are going to find very many in agreement with you here"

我想要火箭和火车
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:59:13 PM

$1000.00 USD XMR by 2019 possible?

Of course it is 'possible'.  Many here have seen Monero they bought a couple of years ago increase to 400 times what they paid.   To go up less than 10 times what it is now over a 2 year timescale is not at all out of the question.

我想要火箭和火车
Pages: « 1 ... 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 [1621] 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: