Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:46:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 [1734] 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312339 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:06:46 PM

There is no assessment, Bitcoin is really a commodity, so that would match up again other activities and never cash. It is a difficult move to make and means hardly any ultimately. Nearly impossible to compare something like gold, a commodity and FIAT United states dollar, a forex(money)..the same is true for Bitcoin and InchcashInch. Individuals try to treat it like cash and it is not, it's been lawfully understood to be a commodity but people continue to go lifeless illegal every time and call it something else.st

Every other post on this forum seems to be a BOT shitpost.  I'm ignoring ~10-20 per day on only a handful of threads.  Nobody else seems to care.  Is bitcointalk over?  No longer maintained? Theymos too rich to give a fuck?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:22:08 PM

There is no assessment, Bitcoin is really a commodity, so that would match up again other activities and never cash. It is a difficult move to make and means hardly any ultimately. Nearly impossible to compare something like gold, a commodity and FIAT United states dollar, a forex(money)..the same is true for Bitcoin and InchcashInch. Individuals try to treat it like cash and it is not, it's been lawfully understood to be a commodity but people continue to go lifeless illegal every time and call it something else.st

Every other post on this forum seems to be a BOT shitpost.  I'm ignoring ~10-20 per day on only a handful of threads.  Nobody else seems to care.  Is bitcointalk over?  No longer maintained? Theymos too rich to give a fuck?

Agreed.  Me too.  No, they don't.  Probably.  Almost certainly.  Undoubtedly.

It is unsettling, am feeling slowly alienated too. 

Bleep.

我想要火箭和火车
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:28:55 PM

Bleep.

Oh well.  I've been reading over at the r place.  Far cleaner, though their format leaves much to be desired.  Someday I might join the herd and sign up.  I only made an account here in order to exercise the ignore button, after reading for many months  Cheesy
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 11:40:04 PM

Why haven't we heard anything from wankalone lately Huh It's like he just evaporated. I can't begin to imagine why.

Because after his latest short he is now doing alot of Wanking alone now?

Bleep.

Oh well.  I've been reading over at the r place.  Far cleaner, though their format leaves much to be desired.  Someday I might join the herd and sign up.  I only made an account here in order to exercise the ignore button, after reading for many months  Cheesy

I can't stand the way they can downvote good posts and upvote garbage there the truth gets buried.

Bump my thread in meta.

Here:

dammit search disabled i can't even find it for you.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:08:55 AM

Over $200, ladies and gents.

Price is nice and all but I just have so strange felling. Huge difference with Bithumb compared other exchanges. I dont know.  I would give 1 % chance Monero would be $200 now, so I should be endlessly happy as Monero maximalist. But I just dont know.

Suddenly we are moving in concert with BTC again, which is making the USD value super swingy!

XMR is like the original bitcoin ~ community seems to be growing i'd expect us over $300-$500 range soon :-D XMR to da mooooooon!<<<

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:10:15 AM

Bleep.

I spend more time there...  And no one knows who I am, and I rarely post... it's refreshing.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:41:34 AM

Monero's price will rise to the same level as any other Dash. I'm sure of that. So I do not expect the price of Monero to rise, I only check once a day and I do nothing else.
I don't think this statement is correct and valid. The projects are very different.

Dash project is acting like a FinTech-corporation. Its centralized by the masternode owners and controlled by a non-development core team (of CEOs, CTOs, project managers, advisers, marketing people).
It's offering a super legal & serious "digital money"-Payment system, which offers instant payment and privacy for extra fees. They focus on self-goverance, offering of debit cards (that get connected to our identity) and regular, and legal E-Commerce with retailers and services, which mostly do not require full privacy etc.

Monero on the other hand, is a free, dezentralized project, trying to undermine the current authoritative systems.  Clearly focussing on building a secure, private, and untraceable cryptocurrency. Which is open-source and accessible to all. A whole idifferent approach and direction.

So, there is no competition or dependency anyway. Monero will be the next Dark Market coin (will have its price be based on that). Besides that, it will at least be a serious player for all private transaction demands in Crypto-Currency, that are non dark market-related.
Dash is gonna do, whatever they want. Right now, they chosen to compete with web wallets, other existing payment system and 100 others coins to be another additional basic payment systems. There list of merchants shows, they only get accepted at low profile US-based E-Businesses, that all accept > 20 payment systems anyway. And probably integrate every payment system, that offers them a link. :-)
Maybe a great strategy, maybe not.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:44:59 AM

Dash's price makes my head hurt, that is all. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:04:41 AM

This BTC rocket ship has me baffled, There are some monster investors in now

It is Bitcoin's Network Effect.

The recent ATH after ATH after ATH fans the flames of The Network Effect even more.

Big money goes into BTC first because of The Network Effect.

The big money will trickle down to Monero and other legitimate (and probably some not so legitimate) ALT coins eventually.

They haven't heard of it yet and/or don't understand it yet. That time will come eventually tho...
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 04:13:49 AM

Dash's price makes my head hurt, that is all. Smiley

Dude, I got into an argument with two of them on reddit and my head was spinning. They both thought decentralization meant what country the nodes were in--"yes, having one guy own a 1000 nodes in 5 amazon hosting locations is decentralized."  Roll Eyes

It reminds me of the two slimebags in The Big Short. I just imagined one of those douches saying, "Half of them don't even know what node does, they just want to have the decentralized governance experience. You tell them where to buy dash and they'll buy a node with their life savings and think their vote matters."

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:46:41 AM

"yes, having one guy own a 1000 nodes in 5 amazon hosting locations is decentralized."  Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes
Still FUDing after all these years. 

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 08:51:53 AM

"yes, having one guy own a 1000 nodes in 5 amazon hosting locations is decentralized."  Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes
Still FUDing after all these years.  

Decentralized governance means that ownership is decentralized, not that the nodes are scattered over amazon servers. That's factual.

Still not sure if you are stupid or a liar, but glad you still feel the need to watch this thread.

Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:15:42 AM

Don't worry guys. You'll be fine.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 09:19:10 AM

TBH, I hope dash makes it to the 2nd spot, or even #1. I'd like to see if dash's cult logic scales.

kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:38:06 AM

TBH, I hope dash makes it to the 2nd spot, or even #1. I'd like to see if dash's cult logic scales.

Ah, the Dash scaling problem.  In a nutshell, the issue is that ultimately not enough people can be fooled into keeping it going.

我想要火箭和火车
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 10:00:30 AM

Ah, the Dash scaling problem.  In a nutshell, the issue is that ultimately not enough people can be fooled into keeping it going.

I think they actually hope we'll weed out those who would question them before they get involved, because the worst thing for them is if they get someone involved and they start questioning how dash works when they are in a position to raise awareness within the group.

It would explain why they actually are on the xmr thread provoking a reaction.

Icebreaker is probably doing them a huge service when he gets on their thread and criticizes dash as he can be dismissed as a "hater," but still manages to push rational investors aside before they get too involved.

rinus

Activity: 362
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:35:23 AM

I start to get all sorts of emails from trading advisors that we should get out of crypto. Specially after the downfall from yesterday, that the downrisk is just to big. Maybe I am a fool but I don't want to sell, I believe there is a lot more to come, specially for xmr. So much more to come with kovri, hardware wallet... But if Bitcoin fails, we go down as well. So I dont know if I am a fool or not to believe that 1000 USD for 1 xmr is possible. But then Bitcoin must keep on growing...
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:39:03 AM

I start to get all sorts of emails from trading advisors that we should get out of crypto. Specially after the downfall from yesterday, that the downrisk is just to big. Maybe I am a fool but I don't want to sell, I believe there is a lot more to come, specially for xmr. So much more to come with kovri, hardware wallet... But if Bitcoin fails, we go down as well. So I dont know if I am a fool or not to believe that 1000 USD for 1 xmr is possible. But then Bitcoin must keep on growing...
I think BTC is going to fall more. The coins are going to lose value compare to USD, but you may be able to grab more BTC with XMR or other altcoins.
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:54:00 AM

trading advisors are looking at BTC as they look to the stocks they are used to. It´s overbought - yes, loosing momentum, yes and yes for any other indicators i don´t even know the name. but the diference is that the market cap of crypto is still very small, so lots of money to come in, and the tecnology itself won´t go away. So hopefully it will correct as it did before for 6 or even 4 k levels ( XMR as well so i can buy more) but then will keep growing. Until when IDK.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:53:56 PM

I think in the short term we will see a decline but it won't go back down below $100.

But in the long term this news about Coinbase handing over records to the IRS is going to make people wake up and realize that they need to have an anonymous coin where you can't track funds or see what is in peoples wallets.

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

Pages: « 1 ... 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 [1734] 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: