Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:53:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 [1721] 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312367 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:14:33 AM

I cannot understand why dash has any traction.  Can someone ELI5 for me?  It makes me concerned that I may be fundamentally misunderstanding, well, everything.

Dash has been successful in only one sense: Understanding that what the masses actually want is horseshit wrapped in a logo. The argument could just as easily be applied to many manifestations of mainstream culture: McDonalds, iPhone, Coke, Budweiser, Hollywood remakes, Disney, etc.

People generally love shit.

If there is wisdom to be extrapolated it is that Monero needs to be aesthetically as advanced as any other piece of crap out there, and the gift of privacy/fungibility can be injected to an otherwise ignorance audience regardless. Brand and image requires as much attention from the Monero intelligentsia as cryptography, and much like the establishment of the Monero logo (99 designs) it will most likely require pushing to visual design experts.

I say this, because I've been spending the last week or so redesigning the Monero subreddit which I intend to push to the community in the next couple of weeks. To be frank, the current subreddit looks kinda shitty, and it has sparked inspiration in me at least to review Monero's collective capacity to compete with mainstream brands. (It's do-able with the right mindset.)

Your efforts are much appreciated and incredibly worthwhile.

I agree with the thrust of what you say; Monero needs better marketing. That said, it must be in character and distinctive - Monero is special.

For me it's not so much about marketing as it is about branding and visual design. I can kinda do a lot of the marketing myself through word of mouth and other renegade tactics, providing the branding and stylistics are on point.

My golden rule tends to be: "Can I sell this to the girl next door and the Japanese?" If the answer is Yes and Yes.... then I know it's a winner.

You sound like the right person for the job!

Arguably Monero sells itself, but with so much crypto noise out there, it is right we must look good, too.  Crucial, even.

There are few going around, saying they love Monero's coding (even if that is what we rely upon) - so you are quite right that looks will help us spread the word - anything you can do that makes a smidgen of difference will help.

Whenever people (normal ones:)) praise BTC i tend to agree with them stating that is veru very good and right after talk about the better BTC, Monero. so that new money when gets in through BTC passes along to monero trying to bypass all that crypto noise you were talking about.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:28:58 AM

When we see Bitcoin going up and Monero stays pegged to bitcoin is just matter of time when we will see new USD ATH.   I know there are more ways to tell ATH. I just use coinmarketcap price from 28th August. showing Monero was $154.58.

So when do you guys think we will pass that?

This week

Lol, seems you were right, but doubt you expected mid week already.
cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:33:21 AM

XMR reddit was yesterday the top 150 growing reddit of all!
Now we have 400-500 subscribers every day on r/Monero.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:41:37 AM

ATH, ladies and gents!

我想要火箭和火车
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:43:10 AM

When we see Bitcoin going up and Monero stays pegged to bitcoin is just matter of time when we will see new USD ATH.   I know there are more ways to tell ATH. I just use coinmarketcap price from 28th August. showing Monero was $154.58.

So when do you guys think we will pass that?

This week

Lol, seems you were right, but doubt you expected mid week already.

Are we there already? I never quite know which is the "right" price to look at - Kraken versus CoinGecko, for example. Does anyone know which exchange CoinGecko gets its prices from? In any case it's great to see it up there again.

Baguette Holder.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 11:43:14 AM

I cannot understand why dash has any traction.  Can someone ELI5 for me?  It makes me concerned that I may be fundamentally misunderstanding, well, everything.

Dash has been successful in only one sense: Understanding that what the masses actually want is horseshit wrapped in a logo. The argument could just as easily be applied to many manifestations of mainstream culture: McDonalds, iPhone, Coke, Budweiser, Hollywood remakes, Disney, etc.

If there is wisdom to be extrapolated it is that Monero needs to be aesthetically as advanced as any other piece of crap out there, and the gift of privacy/fungibility can be injected to an otherwise ignorance audience regardless. Brand and image requires as much attention from the Monero intelligentsia as cryptography, and much like the establishment of the Monero logo (99 designs) it will most likely require pushing to visual design experts.

I say this, because I've been spending the last week or so redesigning the Monero subreddit which I intend to push to the community in the next couple of weeks. To be frank, the current subreddit looks kinda shitty, and it has sparked inspiration in me at least to review Monero's collective capacity to compete with mainstream brands. (It's do-able with the right mindset.)

I agree with the thrust of what you say; Monero needs better marketing. That said, it must be in character and distinctive - Monero is special.

I think also that's a great idea.

Starting with tidying up the crap is a winner.

Sadly this very thread is so often over run with crap itself, that cant look good to genuine new people dropping in for a look.

pao_de_lo
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 12:05:07 PM

Over $155

Youa're right, this is a Monero speculation thread  Smiley

1738 of off-topic messages. Why do not you talk about Bytecoin, which is a currency far superior to Monero.
Or AEON which is also far superior to Monero.

Why is AEON cheaper than Monero? This is out of reality.
Monero should cost $ 2.34.

Roll Eyes

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
-- HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
-- -- [SUCCESS
RAISE
.US$18mil+.]
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:08:58 PM

More wet fart than boom.

Monero is a strong coin far from that original base code.

Yes there are other projects, you seem to have landed on the wrong thread if you want to shill them here.

Meanwhile for all of us the Monero price is pumping nicely, given the ATH of bitcoin is also happening in the background (increasing the dollar value gains) its even nicer.

XMR2020

Activity: 45
Merit: 36

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 12:10:32 PM

For me it's not so much about marketing as it is about branding and visual design. I can kinda do a lot of the marketing myself through word of mouth and other renegade tactics, providing the branding and stylistics are on point.

My golden rule tends to be: "Can I sell this to the girl next door and the Japanese?" If the answer is Yes and Yes.... then I know it's a winner.

"In the short term the market is a popularity contest; in the long term it is a weighing machine." - Warren Buffet

Dash is winning the popularity contest. Ethereum is similar. If cryptocurrencies are speculative ponzis, whichever project can attract the greatest number of greater fools will be the short-term winner.

If cryptocurrencies are the future of sound money and censorship resistant value transfer, then the weighing machine should strongly favor Monero. Either way - Dash dies. It's a guaranteed failure by either criteria. The verdict is out on Bitcoin and Monero.
mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:31:18 PM

Over $155

Youa're right, this is a Monero speculation thread  Smiley

1738 of off-topic messages. Why do not you talk about Bytecoin, which is a currency far superior to Monero.
Or AEON which is also far superior to Monero.

Why is AEON cheaper than Monero? This is out of reality.
Monero should cost $ 2.34.

LOL, a legendary user with zero clue. Smiley

To answer your questions, Bytecoin is a known scam: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.0

I do like Aeon, it's Monero's little brother but it's far from "far superior". Once Aeon has the rebase, it will be much better:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/7akef4/rebasing_and_what_it_means_for_aeon/
mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:42:46 PM

Dash is winning the popularity contest. Ethereum is similar. If cryptocurrencies are speculative ponzis, whichever project can attract the greatest number of greater fools will be the short-term winner.

If cryptocurrencies are the future of sound money and censorship resistant value transfer, then the weighing machine should strongly favor Monero. Either way - Dash dies. It's a guaranteed failure by either criteria. The verdict is out on Bitcoin and Monero.

I don't even think that Dash is winning the popularity contest, even outside of the Monero community there is a pretty wide awareness of Dash's (at least semi) scammy nature. There are also rumours that the price is manipulated so you don't know if the price actually reflects the popularity. I feel that the Dash community is the typical telemarketing crowd, they don't really care about the tech as long as the price goes up.

If they would open their eyes, the case against Dash is pretty strong:

https://medium.com/@omiros23/evans-and-dash-s-scam-story-add1f16528ae

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/3s2uyf/dash_is_a_planned_instamine_it_wasnt_an_accident/

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

Evan doesn't even deny the Instamine: https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

Sorry, if this is too much OT. Feel free to delete.
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:59:07 PM

Sounds like a great idea. We should also try to tie in the twitter/facebook pages so that we have continuity of branding throughout. As you know, there are those on reddit who are against any kind of image-upgrade - for them it smells too much like shilling and undermines the integrity of Monero. So be prepared for a fight.

Baguette Holder.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:11:41 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 02:27:05 PM by aminorex

Safest time to buy is when a new ATH becomes a confirmed breakout, but a fairly tight stop is advisable - one wide enough to test support at the old ATH, but tight enough to keep the downside manageable, recoverable.

So in Rangedriver's parlance, I guess Zcash is bullshit with an algebraic geometry coating, and a crunchy cyanide pill center.  Funny thing: I have seen supposedly clever fund managers beguiled by the moon math, completely ignoring the gaping flaws in governance.  Oh well, it is nice when the competition is incompetent.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
EL-NIDO

Activity: 629
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:25:10 PM

It seems that South Korean like Monero very much. Almost 32 % of trading volume came from Bithumb exchange.

The demand of anynomous and privacy coins are high now. Dash and Monero are going up in value at the same time. Both coins got a very strong belief among the community members.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 03:06:19 PM

It seems that South Korean like Monero very much. Almost 32 % of trading volume came from Bithumb exchange.

The demand of anynomous and privacy coins are high now. Dash and Monero are going up in value at the same time. Both coins got a very strong belief among the community members.

Anyone who uses dash for privacy is either ignorant or stupid. This is only proof that most speculators won't research beyond the announcement page and are more than happy to play fool in a game of greater fool. Sooner or later there will be a reckoning and the market will wise up faster than dashtards can pile their bs.

Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:17:11 PM

Safest time to buy is when a new ATH becomes a confirmed breakout, but a fairly tight stop is advisable - one wide enough to test support at the old ATH, but tight enough to keep the downside manageable, recoverable.
ATH in bitcoin terms or fiat terms?
I'm gonna look at the xmr/btc chart.
Among the highs going back to the big 2016 summer pump, it seems to me that we haven't had a situation where buying at ATH or even a local high on a timescale of several months would have worked out well, unless you hodl for a long time after.
I guess I've been telling myself it's easier to see a bottom than a top.
Also, I've never used a stop since the day I started buying crypto four and a half years ago, so your strategy wouldn't work for me.

Edit:  I just realized something.  ATH looking back isn't the same thing as ATH looking forward in the moment.  That 2016 pump, for example, set an ATH long before it topped.
So yeah, your strategy would mean getting in on a pump by taking advantage of the momentum.  It's trading, not investing, but then this is the speculation thread.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:22:29 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 07:13:58 PM by Hueristic

Karken was savage on twitter

Lol, thats a good one! Too bad the only thing you can use to margin on Kraken is USD. And considering they don't allow US residents to transfer in USD with CC like they initially said they would makes their m,argin worthless. I moved my XMR there only to find out I had to sell it for USD to use margin and when I wasn't willing to do that all they would offer Us residents is EFT and they busted my balls about my picture when verifying I just said to hell with them. I cannot stand their order book as well trying to set margins on kraken is akin to pulling teeth. It has the worst interface of any exchange I've used including shitcoin exchanges which I almost never use since Coinmarket and CoinEx pulled their exit scams.

Anyone who uses dash for privacy is either ignorant or stupid. This is only proof that most speculators won't research beyond the announcement page and are more than happy to play fool in a game of greater fool. Sooner or later there will be a reckoning and the market will wise up faster than dashtards can pile their bs.

With the new batch of speculators since crypto went mainstream I would advocate that they are both. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 04:54:11 PM

I cannot understand why dash has any traction.  Can someone ELI5 for me?  It makes me concerned that I may be fundamentally misunderstanding, well, everything.

Investor doesnt care if a coin is
- premined by dev such as Eth and alot of other ico
- instamined either by accident or not such as Dash
- mined for year by community  such as Btc

what investor buy is the potential for future value, investor will buy Btc at 8000 if they believe it will reach higher same thing with other coin,  the amount of coin owned by dev or community or instamined or premined is irrelevant.

so pls stop the saltiness, toward others success,  Dash is rival not enemy...  you guys should be ashamed for these OT  post hating Dash for their success. Tongue

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:39:02 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2017, 05:51:23 PM by aminorex

Dash is rival not enemy...  you guys should be ashamed for these OT  post hating Dash for their success. Tongue

I would have no real beef with dash if it were not a centralized surveillance vehicle.  I still wouldn't hold it because of the instamine, and would warn against the Ponzi masternode scheme if asked, but bogus claims of privacy can get people killed, and that is just evil.  I have the same problem with zcash, q.v. Alexandre Cazes.

Anyhow, understanding surprising successes is quite germaine to the fate of "rivals".  In legacy finance a study of "comparables" is well tested and proven to be fruitful for the speculator.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 05:40:31 PM

Investor doesnt care if a coin is
- premined by dev such as Eth and alot of other ico
- instamined either by accident or not such as Dash
- mined for year by community  such as Btc

what investor buy is the potential for future value, investor will buy Btc at 8000 if they believe it will reach higher same thing with other coin,  the amount of coin owned by dev or community or instamined or premined is irrelevant.

so pls stop the saltiness, toward others success,  Dash is rival not enemy...  you guys should be ashamed for these OT  post hating Dash for their success. Tongue

I am sure you are happy (and are not alone) with profits.  I am sure most people who buy Dash don't care, too. Or they wouldn't buy it.

People here are anti-centralisation, anti-premine and anti coins with false claims attached to them.

I never post in the Dash thread and I really don't care what Dash fans think - why are you so worried about what people think in here?

We won't change our mind about Dash, it is just way over-priced and over manipulated in our minds.

So, sorry - but you posting here will not change any minds. Most here think Dash is simply a disaster waiting to happen. As do I.

我想要火箭和火车
Pages: « 1 ... 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 [1721] 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: