Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:59:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 [1745] 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312379 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
buntyboy

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:56:29 PM

I had a Polo withdrawal sit all  night long in pending status. tried 4 more times since, nothing. BTC withdraws just fine. Not making me happy.  Angry

Yeah, I've been withdrawing everyday for a while at my limit and no problems. Problems started about 2 days ago.
I'm thinking I'll need to convert to BTC and Shapeshift once its out. It's then abou short term timing. Grrrrr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:00:40 PM

I had a Polo withdrawal sit all  night long in pending status. tried 4 more times since, nothing. BTC withdraws just fine. Not making me happy.  Angry

Yeah, I've been withdrawing everyday for a while at my limit and no problems. Problems started about 2 days ago.
I'm thinking I'll need to convert to BTC and Shapeshift once its out. It's then abou short term timing. Grrrrr

Ouch, won't you lose XMR doing that? Well look at this way - we are not alone, so that's probably a good sign. Hopefully they fix the hotwallet asap, this is getting silly.  Tongue

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
solias

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:13:25 PM

I won't believe this ramp is over until Korean and Japanese buying declines.  But... At these prices it takes 1.12 mmUSD to soak up the total daily mining output, and I don't see any reason for miners to retain returns, except speculation - and miners and speculators are almost non-overlapping sets at these price/difficulty ratios.  The more profitable mining becomes relative to other coins, the more mercenary and short-sighted the marginal miner becomes.  

I think if net flows from East Asia drop below roughly 1.5 mmUSD/diem, then we will top out, and draw down as first levered longs, then overextended broke-ass short-sighted dumb money get shaken out.  It usually drops to near the level of the preceeding ATH - Nov 11th, which is a 50% retracement from our current price - before smart money comes in and puts a floor under the price.  Consolidation, catalyst, creep, climb, and crash.  Rinse, repeat.  As in Bitcoin, so in Monero...until you start hearing about Monero every day on CNBC.  You probably want to sell a substantial fraction at that point.  

Anyhow, I have no easy way to measure Asian money flows right now, so I won't be calling this one.  

why drop out at that point? long-term, I see it as a strong hedge against the fiat-denominated portion of my portfolio.
buntyboy

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:23:56 PM

Ouch, won't you lose XMR doing that? Well look at this way - we are not alone, so that's probably a good sign. Hopefully they fix the hotwallet asap, this is getting silly.  Tongue

Fiat Price appreciation is killing me. I started withdrawing @ $80 and now $268. My fiat balance is still more than when I started withdrawing.  Grin

Removing some of the 3rd party risk may be worth the couple of % cost of withdrawing with BTC.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:27:22 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 07:40:41 PM by Anon136

It looks like price is settling around 0.0214 btc... Volume is dropping a little as well ( on poloniex ). Does this mean the run up is over  ( for now ) ?
I rather hope it is a long stable rise, XMR is one of my favourite coins and have huge potential.
More and more investors notice it.
I really couldn't understand the reason behind monero's success. I was targeting $200 for monero and I already sold my holdings before we get there and after all, it reached and passed $300. This is big.
The difference is that monero actually fill a market need. In the world of private fungible crypto currencies monero is the bitcoin. And in the world of crypto currencies what monero represents is similarly, if not more, important than bitcoin it's self. Don't think of this project the same way that you do the 1000 projects out there that are like "hey look at our neat gimmick!". Plenty of money to be made trading them around to be sure but don't confuse this with them. If you are good at making money trading around the gimmick coins than what I would do is think of monero as a good place to take some of your profit from those activities.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:35:53 PM

You know shit is getting real when the Monero Reddit server says it can not serve your request because it is "too busy" at the moment.

This happens quite often and got nothing to do with monero though :p
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:40:33 PM

You know shit is getting real when the Monero Reddit server says it can not serve your request because it is "too busy" at the moment.

For some reason I was under the impression that subreddits ran on their own servers not a giant Reddit server.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:45:17 PM

For some reason I was under the impression that subreddits ran on their own servers not a giant Reddit server.

No, Reddit is run only on Reddit servers. The code is mostly open source, so people can start their own alternative forum (see voat), but on Reddit domain it's all company servers.
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 08:50:00 PM

What kind of retarded shit is "tor integration" like its some sort of feature, everything and anything that does tcp/ip can use tor for fuck's sake.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:56:55 PM

What kind of retarded shit is "tor integration" like its some sort of feature, everything and anything that does tcp/ip can use tor for fuck's sake.

Other coins merely adopted Tor, xspec was born into Tor. The whole chart is bullshit anyway. Monero has 183B coins? Zcash uses mixing? Whoever posted this shit, your chart and your coin are bad and you should feel bad.
gulypz

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:01:37 PM

It seems very unreasonable for Xmr to stay behind Dash. It will reach high price levels in late XMR. Robust projects will continue to attract investment. As people get to know the crypto market, Xmr will invest in tokens.
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:03:57 PM

Sounds like you fell for the wannawank bs

Listen to those that know best. And look at the emissions.

= no brainer
I didnt sell fortunatelly. but none of the buy orders filled. Trying to figure out new entries. Or just buy the ATH and wait for the next:)

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:13:59 PM

So who really knows what this latest price spike is attributed too?

We have the following:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2017/12/05/cryptocurrency-monero-to-be-accepted-by-45-musicians-such-as-mariah-carey-g-eazy-sia-for-holidays/#471e54dd7885
http://jeffq.com/blog/on-the-linkability-of-zcash-transactions/
or
Bullet Proofs and Scalabilty
https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/7hbfal/20171203_monero_dev_meeting_summary_and_logs/

We have user growth, no real competitors and technical fundamentals.  Grin

What I do know is that the networking effect is kicking in and we are now in the same user growth phase as both Bitcoin and Ethereum during the Reddit 30K to 80K subscriber phase.

http://redditmetrics.com/r/Monero
http://redditmetrics.com/r/Bitcoin
http://redditmetrics.com/r/Ethereum

Price appreciation has been around 800% in this phase in a very short time frame:
Bitcoin 8 Months
Ether 4 Months

I'm predicting a $1K price in a very short period. Probably the end of March when we historically have our highs. I'm guessing we will have a protracted pullback after that.

For the first time in 4 years, I'm having problems withdrawing XMR from Polo. Same as Ether when it took off!

Good times ahead!  Grin

I want to add all kinds of people are often name dropping Monero as their second interest or a project to follow.

How many bitcoin things I watched like that, its very encouraging.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:14:28 PM

They probably needed to pull from cold wallet. Most likely many withdrew since prices on exchanges were so different. What is good is that Polo reduced its withdrawal fee. Smiley
adamov10

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:37:06 PM

Lux looks like the next big Privacy Coin
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:31:06 AM

They probably needed to pull from cold wallet. Most likely many withdrew since prices on exchanges were so different. What is good is that Polo reduced its withdrawal fee. Smiley

I recently had a Polo withdrawal sitting in 'pending' status for 24 hours, after which I opened a help ticket with them, they sorted it within a couple of hours and the withdrawal went through. Still dependable in my opinion.
d0d15

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:36:49 AM

Many things are retarded but Tor integration isn't. First with Specter project everything is setup, user just has to start the wallet. Second all nodes are inside of Tor network. Third it uses OBFS4 (Tor obfuscation), and it works behind GWF for example. How many projects do you know where people from China, and countries where Tor is blocked, can simply start the wallet chose stealth address and stay anonym and secure?
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:40:32 AM

I recently had a Polo withdrawal sitting in 'pending' status for 24 hours, after which I opened a help ticket with them, they sorted it within a couple of hours and the withdrawal went through. Still dependable in my opinion.

Wow really? I waited months for support to contact me and eventually just gave up.

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:45:25 AM

Wow really? I waited months for support to contact me and eventually just gave up.
Ya they've been dropping my orders (bad, but workable) yet taking the fees (bad, not acceptable) forever (whenever its busy), never got any responses from support and gave up a long time ago.  Just call it the cost of using their exchange.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4896

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 01:59:25 AM

I'm thinking when Tether crashes Polo is gonna go with them.

I had a Polo withdrawal sit all  night long in pending status. tried 4 more times since, nothing. BTC withdraws just fine. Not making me happy.  Angry

Ya they've been dropping my orders (bad, but workable) yet taking the fees (bad, not acceptable) forever (whenever its busy), never got any responses from support and gave up a long time ago.  Just call it the cost of using their exchange.

Yup, I've been complaining about this for about a year now and they closed all my tickets as solved without so much as one word to me just completely ignored them. I really should get in touch with my attorney generals office but i'm just a lazy fuk. Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 ... 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 [1745] 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: