Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:09:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 [1751] 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312394 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
realediston

Activity: 277
Merit: 100

Earn it

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:57:12 AM

Shorting monero == financial desaster? Well if you remember correct I shorted XMR after AlphaBay's implementation and the following hype. The Bitcoins I made with that are nowadays worth more than 9 Million dollars. Shorting is good it brings liquidity and attention to a market.

Didn't TheKoziTwo pay you to leave and never return?

Trolls returning = bullish!  Cheesy

As we enter Peak Hyper-Bitcoinification, XMR gets flung forward like a slingshot and Meta-Monerotization ensues...

Nice. what does "Meta-Monerotization" brings to the platform

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
N-rG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:34:10 AM

@kurious

I know life might be difficult for you, reading even a bit more. It was a year. You understand what a year is? Sorry for your envy, but, ya, deal with it Smiley There will be always people more successful than you are.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:12:19 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 10:28:59 AM by kurious

@kurious

I know life might be difficult for you, reading even a bit more. It was a year. You understand what a year is? Sorry for your envy, but, ya, deal with it Smiley There will be always people more successful than you are.

Ha - you think I am jealous?

Not a chance, I don't need to be.  Life is excellent thanks.  I could just do without pond life like you around.

EDIT:

I have realised that I can't be arsed to argue with someone who was so 'successful' that he agreed to leave for a few hundred bucks and then assumes I envy him.

The ignore button is easier. 

我想要火箭和火车
guesswho1234

Activity: 155

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:04:10 PM

... because if you really were that successful, you would not need to boast...
i hear that so so often in various situations in life its sickening

especially those people who say it are never successfull themselfes

what i believe they are doing (just like you) is saying shit like that to relativate others success (even if its only alledged success) to make themselfes feel better

i dont know if people really believe in what i quoted from you or not but from my experience there is absolute no positive correlation between being humble and being successfull

im even tending to think that there is a negative correlation actually

I have realised that I can't be arsed to argue with someone who was so 'successful' that he agreed to leave for a few hundred bucks and then assumes I envy him.

too bad you only found out about that after you made a fool of yourself

Where's Walonek? I want him  strutting his convoluted "NoMore" and naming fifty prices in a post, so he can claim that one hit. I won't be bullish until he shows up (or one of his "looser" sockpuppets).
i miss him too :/

now i dont know what not to do anymore
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:16:56 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 12:33:07 PM by obit33

@kurious

oh god, are you really back... I remember when I busted you and your sockpuppets posting fake screenshots from AB implicating noone wanted to use monero... Then you were paid a few bucks by theKoziTwo to not come here again because you're so annoying...

Here, looked it up for ya:
lots of blabla

I think N-rG, moneylooser and maybe some other pretty newbie-accounts are all sockpuppets of one person...

funny that both alpha-accounts joined on the same day... coincidence?

dude... wtf... I'm just now seeing something weird in that posted picture... next to 'Vendor' it should be "oN" Oct, yours says or (part of the on disapperead)...

any explanation for this?

edit: WTF, and the admin account and yamaha sent at exactly the same time: "13:55"

don't really got words for this, but I think you just got busted dude...

edit:
posted the admin-message, so it's easier to compare:

edit: just did some further research... N-rg and his sockpuppets (moneylooser I'm sure off) are full of shit and post fake-'evidence'... don't trust anything that comes out of their mouths...

best regards

the fact that you're not too ashamed to even show your face here after being busted with this kind of pathetic behaviour... dude...

talking about succesful...
Just for fun I looked at the post history of N-rG and plotted his predictions on the actual chart.

I'm not sure how he made money based on these predictions, but good job. That's a pretty amazing feat.  Smiley

now, if you could crawl back to where you came from?

thanks

guesswho1234

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:34:20 PM

@kurious

oh god, are you really back... I remember when I busted you and your sockpuppets posting fake screenshots from AB implicating noone wanted to use monero... Then you were paid a few bucks by theKoziTwo to not come here again because you're so annoying...

Here, looked it up for ya:
lots of blabla

I think N-rG, moneylooser and maybe some other pretty newbie-accounts are all sockpuppets of one person...

funny that both alpha-accounts joined on the same day... coincidence?

dude... wtf... I'm just now seeing something weird in that posted picture... next to 'Vendor' it should be "oN" Oct, yours says or (part of the on disapperead)...

any explanation for this?

edit: WTF, and the admin account and yamaha sent at exactly the same time: "13:55"

don't really got words for this, but I think you just got busted dude...

edit:
posted the admin-message, so it's easier to compare:

edit: just did some further research... N-rg and his sockpuppets (moneylooser I'm sure off) are full of shit and post fake-'evidence'... don't trust anything that comes out of their mouths...

best regards

the fact that you're not too ashamed to even show your face here after being busted with this kind of pathetic behaviour... dude...

talking about succesful...
Just for fun I looked at the post history of N-rG and plotted his predictions on the actual chart.

I'm not sure how he made money based on these predictions, but good job. That's a pretty amazing feat.  Smiley

now, if you could crawl back to where you came from?

thanks

haha this is gold
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:44:02 PM

what i believe they are doing (just like you) is saying shit like that to relativate others success (even if its only alledged success) to make themselfes feel better

i dont know if people really believe in what i quoted from you or not but from my experience there is absolute no positive correlation between being humble and being successfull

I think you may have misunderstood.  Read back (and see obit33 above) I was trying to question why the troll who was paid to leave by TheKoziTwo was back.  

我想要火箭和火车
guesswho1234

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:09:30 PM

I think you may have misunderstood.  Read back (and see obit33 above) I was trying to question why the troll who was paid to leave by TheKoziTwo was back.  
i get all that but my issues were just the things i quoted and nothing else
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:22:48 PM

I give up.  Carpal tunnel syndrome is to be my lot, it seems.

I'd better order some wrist splints.

我想要火箭和火车
ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:45:14 PM

Monero is a good altcoin.It was survive for more than a 4years.It has good potential and root as like Ethereum, so you can inverse your money in Monero. As like Ethereum price the price of Monero also go to the moon. I had invested my certain percentage of money in Monero, if it reach high value I will get some more dollar from it.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
N-rG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:09:42 PM

I give up.  Carpal tunnel syndrome is to be my lot, it seems.

Life is excellent thanks.

You need money for a doctor?

@obit33

Well who cares what you figured out. I made my cash on the back of you  and at least you can be proud that you figured out "something" you believe thats the truth. I prefer having more cash but good that we can both be happy, right Smiley
obit33

Activity: 514

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 03:49:05 PM

@obit33

Well who cares what you figured out. I made my cash on the back of you  and at least you can be proud that you figured out "something" you believe thats the truth. I prefer having more cash but good that we can both be happy, right Smiley

Do you have to behave like a moronic asshole every time you want to make 'cash'? sjeez, who lives like that?

KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:12:18 PM

Hey Guys... "philosophical" question for today, LOL - hope it's still enough 'speculation' related not to get deleted off topic  Tongue

What's the best way you guys have all found for yourselves to deal with the psychological trap of "what-if-itis" disease, or "If-Only-Ism" thinking patterns?

For lack of a better term, this is the phenomenon of looking BACKWARDS too much at whatever number/quantity or type of other crypto coins that you may have USED TO HAVE, but for whatever reason you DON'T HAVE any more... and now after they've mooned, and you're kicking yourself saying, "Oh man if only I'd not sold or lost or given away XXX of my YYY" etc etc etc.

I'm SURE we all have this disease to some degree or another.  Seems impossible to me that *anyone* involved in crypto at all for any middle to long-term length of time could EVER totally avoid it, right?  Nobody ever gets all the decisions correct 100% of the time.

Overall I'm still way, WAY ahead of where I'd have been, financially in my life, from getting into bitcoin at first over 4 years ago now.  Compared to having just left the money sitting in a bank CD deposit, there's no question it's a huge WIN overall.

But IF ("if only!" LOL) during those 4 years I'd have just HODL'ed more, not traded much (or at all), kept more of certain coins and less of others... I can't shake the thinking that I'd be even *further* ahead today.  Like, pushing on upwards of tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars further ahead...  Cry

I ain't complaining, really... most times when you catch me in the correct frame of mind I'm happy to be where things are.  Life is good, overall... no problemo.

But... ya know... goddammnit... sometimes that fucking "what-if-itis" or "If-Only-Ism" disease just *creeps* back into my brain.  It's annoying LOL

So what do you guys do when it comes?  Any quick tips mental gymnastics to banish the demon shadow there? LOL

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:46:22 PM

Hey Guys... "philosophical" question for today, LOL - hope it's still enough 'speculation' related not to get deleted off topic  Tongue

What's the best way you guys have all found for yourselves to deal with the psychological trap of "what-if-itis" disease, or "If-Only-Ism" thinking patterns?

For lack of a better term, this is the phenomenon of looking BACKWARDS too much at whatever number/quantity or type of other crypto coins that you may have USED TO HAVE, but for whatever reason you DON'T HAVE any more... and now after they've mooned, and you're kicking yourself saying, "Oh man if only I'd not sold or lost or given away XXX of my YYY" etc etc etc.

I'm SURE we all have this disease to some degree or another.  Seems impossible to me that *anyone* involved in crypto at all for any middle to long-term length of time could EVER totally avoid it, right?  Nobody ever gets all the decisions correct 100% of the time.

Overall I'm still way, WAY ahead of where I'd have been, financially in my life, from getting into bitcoin at first over 4 years ago now.  Compared to having just left the money sitting in a bank CD deposit, there's no question it's a huge WIN overall.

But IF ("if only!" LOL) during those 4 years I'd have just HODL'ed more, not traded much (or at all), kept more of certain coins and less of others... I can't shake the thinking that I'd be even *further* ahead today.  Like, pushing on upwards of tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars further ahead...  Cry

I ain't complaining, really... most times when you catch me in the correct frame of mind I'm happy to be where things are.  Life is good, overall... no problemo.

But... ya know... goddammnit... sometimes that fucking "what-if-itis" or "If-Only-Ism" disease just *creeps* back into my brain.  It's annoying LOL

So what do you guys do when it comes?  Any quick tips mental gymnastics to banish the demon shadow there? LOL

That's a tough one. I did that a lot with Google, in which I never invested. Same with Apple. And of course I do it from time to time with crypto, but in this case it's more like "why didn't I buy more?"

For me it comes down to realizing that I made the best decision at the time with the information that I had, and sometimes that turns out to have been a good decision and sometimes it turns out to have been a bad decision. My lesson learned is that I should get more information before making decisions like these, which is tough because there is so much bad information out there, and I should find more people who consistently make better decisions and emulate them.

There are a few people here whose comments and advice I take seriously since they have an established, verifiable track record. I'm pretty sure you know who those people are also since you've been around awhile and have noted their accuracy rate too. So, I lean on my own research first, and if what they say agrees, then I'm pretty confident. If what they say disagrees with my research, it makes me pause and ponder why we have different conclusions. Either way, at the end I'm the one who has to make the decision, and as long as I can assure myself that I did my due diligence, I find it a lot easier to live with those decisions, right or wrong.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
Kriptex

Activity: 197

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 04:49:27 PM

Monero is a good altcoin.It was survive for more than a 4years.It has good potential and root as like Ethereum, so you can inverse your money in Monero. As like Ethereum price the price of Monero also go to the moon. I had invested my certain percentage of money in Monero, if it reach high value I will get some more dollar from it.

It has a history, this is important for me because most of the coins actually has no history. They're very primitive ones, yet monero is like a well-developed one that solves the problem of total anonymity of the transactions.
rinus

Activity: 362

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:40:36 PM

Any specific reason why litecoin is still pumping?
I liked it more when the gap between Monero and litecoin was bigger Smiley
guesswho1234

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:52:06 PM

guess we are going to short ltc with xmr as collateral now
realediston

Activity: 277

Earn it

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 06:55:40 PM

I have a similar question. Smiley

ozkraut

Activity: 522
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:14:11 PM

Hey Guys... "philosophical" question for today, LOL - hope it's still enough 'speculation' related not to get deleted off topic  Tongue

I'm SURE we all have this disease to some degree or another.  Seems impossible to me that *anyone* involved in crypto at all for any middle to long-term length of time could EVER totally avoid it, right?  Nobody ever gets all the decisions correct 100% of the time.

Overall I'm still way, WAY ahead of where I'd have been, financially in my life, from getting into bitcoin at first over 4 years ago now.  Compared to having just left the money sitting in a bank CD deposit, there's no question it's a huge WIN overall.

But IF ("if only!" LOL) during those 4 years I'd have just HODL'ed more, not traded much (or at all), kept more of certain coins and less of others... I can't shake the thinking that I'd be even *further* ahead today.  Like, pushing on upwards of tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars further ahead...  Cry

I ain't complaining, really... most times when you catch me in the correct frame of mind I'm happy to be where things are.  Life is good, overall... no problemo.

But... ya know... goddammnit... sometimes that fucking "what-if-itis" or "If-Only-Ism" disease just *creeps* back into my brain.  It's annoying LOL

So what do you guys do when it comes?  Any quick tips mental gymnastics to banish the demon shadow there? LOL

this works for me:

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/46473/if---

Monero - Wir sind die Leute vor denen uns unsere Eltern gewarnt haben!
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 07:19:08 PM

Regarding LTC, there is always rotation from larger cap to smaller cap after the larger cap ramps.  The larger the cap, the more of the rotation is captured. The fact that some BTC gains rotate into alts is good for both BTC, which avoids depressing outflows into Fiat, and for the targets.  But probably there is some other catalyst of which I am ignorant.  The rich get richer, and the poor get relatively poorer, as is usual.

Regarding counterfactual ennui, I think that if my method is statistically sound I did the right thing modulo model error, regardless of gain or loss.  And if ideology factored into the process, I placed priority on non-financial factors, so their value needs to be added in to my gains (or to offset my losses). What does it profit a man to gain the whole world if he loses his soul?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Pages: « 1 ... 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 [1751] 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: