May 10, 2024, 10:30:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ...
. - 0 (0%)
.. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gigamining / Teramining  (Read 216396 times)
bixcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:44:07 PM

So do I get this right that by your contract, early Teraminers get penalized by being excluded from their Gigamining Profits, while others that wait until you actually have received your equipment will gain Gigamining till that day and are then free to upgrade?

No. Those who have turned in their Gigamining contracts before Feb 15th, 2013 will start mining with me as soon as I have the equipment up and running. Those who wait, will be able to upgrade but will follow the letter of the contract.

In essence, the bonuses for turning Gigamining in early is much greater than waiting as the most profitable time to mine with this new equipment is when it first turns on.

So we are talking about 10 days difference for those who decide to wait? I think thats not really a lot, considering that the equipment might only arrive in months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 10:55:59 PM

People that do not want to accept the new conditions also do not want to upgrade to Terramining.

Which payments? ALL payments (price of shares minus dividends paid) have to be paid back.

For example, suppose I sell my old car to my car dealer and buy a new car from him. Then the car dealer calls me the next day and informs me that he cannot sell me the new car because he just found out about a law prohibiting him to sell it to me. What would you do? Give him back the new car and go home? Of course not, you would return the new car (Gigamining contract) but you wouldn't accept the car dealer to keep the money your paid or keep your old car (dividends).

How much did you pay Gigavps for your bonds, for how many bonds, and how much in dividends have you been returned? If you can confirm that you bought shares directly from Giga then comparing Giga to a car dealer and Gigamining to a (leased) car is reasonable. If you did not buy bonds directly from Giga, then you're out of luck as there is no Kelly Blue Book of mining bonds.

I'm having a hard time understanding the example you are proposing and the point you're trying to convey. A lease situation would make more sense.

So we are talking about 10 days difference for those who decide to wait? I think thats not really a lot, considering that the equipment might only arrive in months.

10 days might be a lot depending on how many shares you own and what the difficulty is at the time.
randomguy7

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2013, 11:08:21 PM

People that do not want to accept the new conditions also do not want to upgrade to Terramining.

Which payments? ALL payments (price of shares minus dividends paid) have to be paid back.

For example, suppose I sell my old car to my car dealer and buy a new car from him. Then the car dealer calls me the next day and informs me that he cannot sell me the new car because he just found out about a law prohibiting him to sell it to me. What would you do? Give him back the new car and go home? Of course not, you would return the new car (Gigamining contract) but you wouldn't accept the car dealer to keep the money your paid or keep your old car (dividends).

How much did you pay Gigavps for your bonds, for how many bonds, and how much in dividends have you been returned? If you can confirm that you bought shares directly from Giga then comparing Giga to a car dealer and Gigamining to a (leased) car is reasonable. If you did not buy bonds directly from Giga, then you're out of luck as there is no Kelly Blue Book of mining bonds.

I'm having a hard time understanding the example you are proposing and the point you're trying to convey. A lease situation would make more sense.

I bought my shares directly from giga. If he doesn't want to/can't honor the original contract he could easily revert it. Of course I got nothing.
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2013, 11:10:08 PM

So do I get this right that by your contract, early Teraminers get penalized by being excluded from their Gigamining Profits, while others that wait until you actually have received your equipment will gain Gigamining till that day and are then free to upgrade?

No. Those who have turned in their Gigamining contracts before Feb 15th, 2013 will start mining with me as soon as I have the equipment up and running. Those who wait, will be able to upgrade but will follow the letter of the contract.

In essence, the bonuses for turning Gigamining in early is much greater than waiting as the most profitable time to mine with this new equipment is when it first turns on.

To Giga:
That sounds unfair.. from one side those who do NOT read and upgraded early are loosing coins - OK but what about recently claimed or not claimed at all accounts. For me 10 days is A diff change and it makes a big difference in the profits. If not all most of us bought gigamining shares just because of the upgrade and the fact that You will be one of the first big players. And the impression was (you said it somewhere in that topic) that Terramining will start hours after receiving equipment.

IMO 2-3 days is enough compensation for not reading a text.

If you look it the other way around early upgraders will not take any profit from the fact that laters are not mining, because you will!!!

Lucidize

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2013, 03:17:52 PM

I'm still non the wiser on a partial upgrade.
Is it all or nothing?

Thanks.

jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
February 24, 2013, 04:53:44 PM

I'm still non the wiser on a partial upgrade.
Is it all or nothing?

Thanks.

Hi Lucidize,

I sent you am PM on the forums here asking you to email me what you wanted to do. I don't mind partial upgrades, but it is not programmed into the VPS site at this time so I will require a bit a manual intervention.

Best,
James
bixcoin

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 10:47:47 AM

Ok, but those who do their upgrade now, will get the same as the people that wait for the chips to arrive, less  their gigamining profits, right? So it is defenitely not recommended to do the upgrade now, right?

Also who does or did the upgrade, looses all rights to gigamining and runs the risk that ASCI Chips will never arrive and he looses everything. Right?

jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 12:34:10 PM

Ok, but those who do their upgrade now, will get the same as the people that wait for the chips to arrive, less  their gigamining profits, right? So it is defenitely not recommended to do the upgrade now, right?

Also who does or did the upgrade, looses all rights to gigamining and runs the risk that ASCI Chips will never arrive and he looses everything. Right?

Hi bixcoin,

You can do whatever you like. Monday payments have gone out so you should have received all of your back payments and today's payment.

Best,
James
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:24:43 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2013, 02:26:40 PM by Otoh

On the 9th of Feb, 16 days ago, I sent to Quentin & James my apostilled affidavit claim plus a apostille of my passport (as an extra - in all it ended up costing me well over $150) & asked for it's receipt to be acknowledged to me so that I could know it was being processed because I have never once had one single reply from Quentin as yet to any of my emails & questions, when this didn't happen I wrote to James a few times to chase this up & he has been very prompt at replying & agreed to include me in the early ASIC mining group as I have had my claim pending since before that was announced & have stated my desire to make the paid upgrade from the beginning, I don't know why James can't just process this himself but anyway I really hope that it may finally get to be done this Tuesday, the 26th, so it can be wrapped up before BFL hopefully start shipping ASICs in early March.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
bixcoin

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:30:29 PM

Hi bixcoin,

You can do whatever you like. Monday payments have gone out so you should have received all of your back payments and today's payment.

Best,
James

What I would like to is selling my Gigamining Bonds, but I guess this is impossible, right? I dont understand why you cant just tell me if I see all this right or not. I am not spending all day long in the forum and dont get all the news.
So please tell me:

Is there any way to sell my Gigamining Bonds if someone is willing to buy them?
Is there any advantage in doing the upgrade now instead of after your hardware arrived?
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:34:44 PM

On the 9th of Feb, 16 days ago, I sent to Quintin & James my apostilled affidavit claim plus a apostille of my passport (as an extra - in all it ended up costing me well over $150) & asked for it's receipt to be acknowledged to me so that I could know it was being processed because I have never once had one single reply from Quintin as yet to any of my emails & questions, when this didn't happen I wrote to James a few times to chase this up & he has been very prompt at replying & agreed to include me in the early ASIC mining group as I have my claim pending since before that was announced & have stated my desire to make the paid upgrade from the beginning, I don't know why James can't just process this himself but anyway I really hope that it may finally get to be done this Tuesday, the 26th, so it can be wrapped up before BFL hopefully start shipping ASICs in early March.

Hi Otoh,

I have asked Quentin to double check with his office regarding your claim and a few others. I will be getting in touch with Quentin this morning to review what happened with the check on Friday.

If you would like to scan your documents and send them to me directly, I will be happy to review and process the claim today.

Best,
James
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 01:37:11 PM

No.

Is there any advantage in doing the upgrade now instead of after your hardware arrived?

Not any longer.
szuetam

Activity: 377
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:00:26 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2013, 02:10:29 PM by szuetam

b
Hey, but I want to upgrade since December, but I haven't such a possibility. And you could check that because I have mailed you about that.
I kept my giga bonds in believe that I will profit from early mining with paid upgrade which you made me think is possible. Didn't you?
I know that you are scared of your government, but third party (government) doesn't change deal between you and bond holders.
For me as a foreigner and free man your government is a third party as anyone else.
I understand you, but it isn't fair in my opinion.
You could give possibility to upgrade bonds without claiming (before claiming).
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:06:23 PM

...I have massaged you...

You didn't have to share that...  Tongue
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:08:21 PM

No.
---//

Here is where all Investors that were/are not able to claim, got F'ed in the A.
Bend over Wink
szuetam

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:09:44 PM

On the 9th of Feb, 16 days ago, I sent to Quintin & James my apostilled affidavit claim plus a apostille of my passport (as an extra - in all it ended up costing me well over $150) & asked for it's receipt to be acknowledged to me so that I could know it was being processed because I have never once had one single reply from Quintin as yet to any of my emails & questions, when this didn't happen I wrote to James a few times to chase this up & he has been very prompt at replying & agreed to include me in the early ASIC mining group as I have my claim pending since before that was announced & have stated my desire to make the paid upgrade from the beginning, I don't know why James can't just process this himself but anyway I really hope that it may finally get to be done this Tuesday, the 26th, so it can be wrapped up before BFL hopefully start shipping ASICs in early March.

I have similar situation "have stated my desire to make the paid upgrade from the beginning" but I do not understand what claim have to do with bonds operating, if James have exactly know earlier which bonds are desired by owner to get upgraded (confirmed with email).

James, I don't want to get in discussion I just want to get my bonds upgraded as tech possible and get my profit, just give me an address where to transfer BTC for upgrade.

BTW my claim was send wit CC to you.
szuetam

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:11:48 PM

...I have massaged you...

You didn't have to share that...  Tongue

edited, mailed

Sorry for my en, I'm not native.
szuetam

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:13:39 PM

No.
---//

Here is where all Investors that were/are not able to claim, got F'ed in the A.
Bend over Wink

Hmmm.., isn't there possibility to let someone claim them for you, just empty and give him you wallet redirect some emails, that is pretty all you need to do?
jamesg (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:18:20 PM

Hmmm.., isn't there possibility to let someone claim them for you, just empty and give him you wallet redirect some emails, that is pretty all you need to do?

Your claim request did not include everything that is required. Please read through the posts at the link below and follow the directions.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=127437.0

Just because you want to upgrade to Teramining does not mean you should not follow the directions given.

Please send through the proper paperwork and your claim will be processed, verified and paid.

Best,
James
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 25, 2013, 02:22:27 PM

Hi Otoh,

I have asked Quentin to double check with his office regarding your claim and a few others. I will be getting in touch with Quentin this morning to review what happened with the check on Friday.

If you would like to scan your documents and send them to me directly, I will be happy to review and process the claim today.

Best,
James

Hi, my claim with all the requested documents attached as PDFs was cc-ed to your email, please let me know if you would like it re-sent to you again - otherwise you will find it received by both you & Quentin on the 9th of Feb as stated in my post here & my original claim (without apostile affidavit docs) also sent to you both on the 27th November 2012 - now nearly 3 months that Quentin has been ignoring my claim.

Thank you for agreeing to process my claim yourself, it really should have been one of the easiest as I have been open about my holdings all along & have very positive reputation.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: