Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:14:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which video you like the most for LitecoinDark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZCeOibh_Y&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKAUxwX7TQ&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8ixDXwqQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuLSFUVY7E

Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark.com ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 368501 times)
cjmining

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

Waiting for my coins to rise !!

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:58:10 PM

If block reward goes down, but the price rises, then miners will stay. I know i will. Been mining it since it was launched.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:01:07 PM

If block reward goes down, but the price rises, then miners will stay. I know i will. Been mining it since it was launched.

The price would have to rise to 20000 to be equal to what it is now, if the price rises the whales will dump and take the profit.  It happens with Alts all the time.

Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:03:10 PM

Factors:

1. Someone is holding around 20% of all coins.. That is BAD.
2. If this coin is going to be profitable to mine when you only get about 1 LTCD with 150MH/s+ then it the price will be insanely high, and impossible.
3. This can damage the coin a lot.

I am not trying to FUD, scam or what ever you call it.. I hold 40k coins and im gonna keep holding..
I am just scared that this might damage us :/

Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:05:45 PM

It's movin all up Grin

Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:06:11 PM

- New block reward......32 coins.
- When? At block number 37000

Waiting to see the hash rate drop like a stone!!  From 800 to 32, that's going to make lots of miners happy as hell!!  Cheesy

32 coins? O_O

That makes me a little afraid :/

People might say "Fuck it im leaving" and make the coin worthless Sad

Can someone please tell me that I am wrong?
Because I hope that I am.

Right now my 160 Mh/s is netting me 40 per block at the pool, that means at 32/block I'll net .5 per block.  After 37000 I'll find something to mine that will pay the electric bill!!  I think you are going to screw the pooch on this move.  Just my 2 LTCD worth!

Im sorry that you feel that way and we knew some miners would not be happy about this, but this is the best solution for the coin in the long run.
If you look at Dark Coin you get 5 coins pr. 24 hours with 200 M/hash X11 and network still haves around 100 G/hash. We are not that afraid that miners will leave, but some will do of cause.

It's all about the ROI, Right now I'm making .05 BTC a day with LTDC, you have many more miners with a lot more hash rate then I have.  If they can't make money mining, they WILL move to the next best thing.  I can still mine OCTO and make .04 BTC a day.  Once the miners dry up, who is going to produce coins for the speculators hoping to make a killing?

I really like mining this coin, but in 1200 blocks time to move on.  These ASICs have to pay for themselves somehow!!  I wish you all well!!!

Thanks and good luck to you too

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
Kimonio

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:08:27 PM

This change was made due to overwhelming support for it by the community.  Some will abandon it, others will finally get a chance to mine it.  All in all, it will serve to decrease supply to match demand for the coin.  Until payment processors are completed demand will be entirely determined by investors.  Once I can slow down this insane development cycle I can focus on payment processors.

I think its a great move to limit the overall supply. However, instead of mining at a low block reward for the reasons people mentioned above (low incentive to mine due to small block rewards) you may want to consider implementing PoS sooner with a small percentage. Maybe even a dynamic interest rate model that is network dependent and capped at 2.5 percent (similar to Vericoin).

Users would then be incentivized to keep their wallet open to help secure the network.
cjmining

Activity: 586
Merit: 500

Waiting for my coins to rise !!

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:09:34 PM

Factors:

2. If this coin is going to be profitable to mine when you only get about 1 LTCD with 150MH/s+ then it the price will be insanely high, and impossible.

I am not trying to FUD, scam or what ever you call it.. I hold 40k coins and im gonna keep holding..

Totally agree. All depends on price. Only time will tell
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:10:40 PM

Factors:

Who is holding 20% of all coins? Wouldn't that wallet be probably bittrex?
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:13:30 PM

Factors:

No idea. I hope that its an exchange

Kimonio

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:15:29 PM

Definitely not an exchange. If you look on the block explorer you only see transactions going in with very little leaving the wallet.

Its definitely a miner with a ton of hash power thats been mining the coin from the very beginning.

http://www.richlist.eu/litecoindark/stats/LVS7x6bBWFqFbBd8F8d14aPkp6cH3k1HgE
TrollByFire

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 09:17:52 PM

Factors:

Keep in mind: The community decided that exhausting the total supply of ltcd in such a short time was potentially more damaging than decreasing block rewards now.  Total supply is still 82,003,200 coins.  Our two options to extend the mining period were to either increase total supply or decrease block rewards.  Increasing total supply would mean inflation and price would likely drop.  Decreasing block rewards sooner would keep total supply constant and slow the rate that new coins are being introduced into circulation.  Personally, I was against lowering rewards to begin with as well, but after I started implementing the changes I saw some of the community's reasoning behind doing so.

As I've stated from the beginning: I keep my head out of the market.  If you're worried, don't buy.  That's the best advice I can give you.  I don't see how this will be damaging in the long term simply due to the fact that the total coin supply has not changed, but my market opinion matters little, as I am not and will never be a "trader".  We've simply lowered the reward structure to increase the amount of time between now and when the last LTCD will be mined.

This change was made due to overwhelming support for it by the community.  Some will abandon it, others will finally get a chance to mine it.  All in all, it will serve to decrease supply to match demand for the coin.  Until payment processors are completed demand will be entirely determined by investors.  Once I can slow down this insane development cycle I can focus on payment processors.

I think its a great move to limit the overall supply. However, instead of mining at a low block reward for the reasons people mentioned above (low incentive to mine due to small block rewards) you may want to consider implementing PoS sooner with a small percentage. Maybe even a dynamic interest rate model that is network dependent and capped at 2.5 percent (similar to Vericoin).

Users would then be incentivized to keep their wallet open to help secure the network.

We already have a few additional changes and modifications planned.  I will not, however, keep up this development pace.  The next few updates will likely contain only bug fixes and some core restructuring and unless something else is requested with such massive community demand, will not hard fork again until 1.3.0.

This is yet another reason lowering the block reward was preferable.  The longer the coin can be mined, the more time I can spend testing actual feature additions as opposed to chasing down problems.  

This is a community coin, and while ultimately I am responsible for what goes into the code, I do not make the decisions behind it.  I rather enjoy working on it in this fashion. Wink

BTC: 12JYhysrpqnzqhkZ6qRY8At3G14btEwTtF
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:21:20 PM

Factors:

Keep in mind: The community decided that exhausting the total supply of ltcd in such a short time was potentially more damaging than decreasing block rewards now.  Total supply is still 82,003,200 coins.  Our two options to extend the mining period were to either increase total supply or decrease block rewards.  Increasing total supply would mean inflation and price would likely drop.  Decreasing block rewards sooner would keep total supply constant and slow the rate that new coins are being introduced into circulation.  Personally, I was against lowering rewards to begin with as well, but after I started implementing the changes I saw some of the community's reasoning behind doing so.

As I've stated from the beginning: I keep my head out of the market.  If you're worried, don't buy.  That's the best advice I can give you.  I don't see how this will be damaging in the long term simply due to the fact that the total coin supply has not changed, but my market opinion matters little, as I am not and will never be a "trader".  We've simply lowered the reward structure to increase the amount of time between now and when the last LTCD will be mined.

We already have a few additional changes and modifications planned.  I will not, however, keep up this development pace.  The next few updates will likely contain only bug fixes and some core restructuring and unless something else is requested with such massive community demand, will not hard fork again until 1.3.0.

This is yet another reason lowering the block reward was preferable.  The longer the coin can be mined, the more time I can spend testing actual feature additions as opposed to chasing down problems.  

This is a community coin, and while ultimately I am responsible for what goes into the code, I do not make the decisions behind it.  I rather enjoy working on it in this fashion. Wink

I am just thinking about the miners, the person who holds 20% of the coins, and new people that wanna get into the coin.

I dont mine and I dont buy and sell..

Im holding my coins and have done that for a long time.

Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:22:32 PM

I think any miners screaming they don't want difficulty to increase are just those hoarding for the grand pump and dump off that every alt gets.

Any miners happy to carry on are the type with the long term vision to see a gradual price increase over time. IMHO.

Sorry if this coin wont cover all of your ASIC buying costs, but I don't think it was ever made for that purpose anyway.
xX_otto_Xx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:22:50 PM

As someone that has invested in the coin, I would hold to get the most for my investment. The market is being flooded with the coins that are being mined. The coin value is worth alot more value then 1000sat. Once the miners quit flooding the market for small profit, the coin will gain its value again. Once PoS is in places that will solve the transaction speed. The miners will only dump for small profit and kill the coin, the investors will save it. Best to buy what you can and hold while there cheap, if someone wants to dump them then a investor or day trader will pick them up. Good Luck everyone and thanks to the Dev team, Hopefully this will put us on the right track.
Kimonio

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:30:01 PM

Thanks for the update. I appreciate all the work you and your team have done for the coin.

I will continue to mine the coin irrespective of the block rewards to help secure the network and for the fact that I truly believe in this coin and that comes from my strong belief in you and your team.

Keep doing what you are doing! You are doing great work - I look forward to seeing how the coin develops in the future.
Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:35:27 PM

By seeing the reactions, that's exactly the reaction we wanted.
We didn't want the multipools mining like crazy for dumping for btc as soon as they could.
A whole community is behind this decision and this community is very very strong  Smiley
This action will slow down the over floating of the marked and keep the coin rock steady and mineable for a long time.
Just remember whats in the pipeline in the months to come..

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:40:28 PM

I think any miners screaming they don't want difficulty to increase are just those hoarding for the grand pump and dump off that every alt gets.

Any miners happy to carry on are the type with the long term vision to see a gradual price increase over time. IMHO.

Sorry if this coin wont cover all of your ASIC buying costs, but I don't think it was ever made for that purpose anyway.

I agree. The mad hoard addict on the 1st place of richlist will be really pissed off now :-)

As someone that has invested in the coin, I would hold to get the most for my investment. The market is being flooded with the coins that are being mined. The coin value is worth alot more value then 1000sat. Once the miners quit flooding the market for small profit, the coin will gain its value again. Once PoS is in places that will solve the transaction speed. The miners will only dump for small profit and kill the coin, the investors will save it. Best to buy what you can and hold while there cheap, if someone wants to dump them then a investor or day trader will pick them up. Good Luck everyone and thanks to the Dev team, Hopefully this will put us on the right track.

Good point :-)
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:42:34 PM

The discussion about the mining is interesting but somewhat flawed since no one can say how many coins they will get in a week or two once all those looking only for the highest profit drop out of the game and thus a persons daily percentage would go up.

And there should be no worry about miners "drying up" as that will never happen. There's a coin out there that few people know about and it's only minable via cpu and the wallet.  Doesn't have a GPU miner at this point and can't be mined via pools.  In fact, it recently had an update that "discourages" pool mining if I understand it correctly.  It's initial reward was about 67 coins and he dropped it way down to about 6.7. And to top that off, it's not on any exchange so no one can sell them off.  And yet people are mining it and in fact since it's launch, more people are mining it than at the start.  So I wouldn't be concerned about not having any miners.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:55:06 PM

The discussion about the mining is interesting but somewhat flawed since no one can say how many coins they will get in a week or two once all those looking only for the highest profit drop out of the game and thus a persons daily percentage would go up.

And there should be no worry about miners "drying up" as that will never happen. There's a coin out there that few people know about and it's only minable via cpu and the wallet.  Doesn't have a GPU miner at this point and can't be mined via pools.  In fact, it recently had an update that "discourages" pool mining if I understand it correctly.  It's initial reward was about 67 coins and he dropped it way down to about 6.7. And to top that off, it's not on any exchange so no one can sell them off.  And yet people are mining it and in fact since it's launch, more people are mining it than at the start.  So I wouldn't be concerned about not having any miners.

I agree. The mine - dump - mine - dump - mine - dump variety can use the exit as soon as they like. I don't care how many mega hashes they can boast.

It's their constant selling that has held the price down for so long in the first place.
TrollByFire

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 09:56:32 PM

Also of note; even if we were to lose a lot of miners, the difficulty would quickly adjust downward to compensate.  1.1.0 took care of that already.  Blocks will keep moving.

BTC: 12JYhysrpqnzqhkZ6qRY8At3G14btEwTtF
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: