Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:07:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which video you like the most for LitecoinDark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZCeOibh_Y&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKAUxwX7TQ&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8ixDXwqQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuLSFUVY7E

Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark.com ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 368501 times)
JCJr222

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:22:29 PM

Good luck y'all. I strongly feel changing the name will be misconstrued as a sign of fear/weakness and will just further fuel the doubters that are already present and aim to take the coin down. Perception of those who have already stood against this coin is just as strong as the perception of those who you are aiming to gain the attention of. Why feed into the fud of those already present and hope to gain the attention of a completely new genre of people that you aren't even sure will become interested? I truly believe the move will be twisted into negativity whether warranted or not. Again, good luck. I'm out.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vicvelcro

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:27:26 PM

If you won't post this in the topic made specifically to discuss this at litecoindark.com - I will copy/paste it for you and give you attribution.

Here.
http://www.litecoindark.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23-why-change-the-name/#entry102

Good luck y'all. I strongly feel changing the name will be misconstrued as a sign of fear/weakness and will just further fuel the doubters that are already present and aim to take the coin down. Perception of those who have already stood against this coin is just as strong as the perception of those who you are aiming to gain the attention of. Why feed into the fud of those already present and hope to gain the attention of a completely new genre of people that you aren't even sure will become interested? I truly believe the move will be twisted into negativity whether warranted or not. Again, good luck. I'm out.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
voodoo1967

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Litecoindark Reddit Moderator

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:29:08 PM

wow that poor bot making all the coin for that guy will be worthless lol. Oh well that's what people get for using bots lmao  it certainly helps volume dosnt it lol
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:32:08 PM

wow that poor bot making all the coin for that guy will be worthless lol. Oh well that's what people get for using bots lmao  it certainly helps volume dosnt it lol

What happened?
Ghost55

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:33:56 PM

If you won't post this in the topic made specifically to discuss this at litecoindark.com - I will copy/paste it for you and give you attribution.

Here.
http://www.litecoindark.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23-why-change-the-name/#entry102

Okay I know you guys want people to move over to the new forums and all but it's going to take awhile for people to migrate over there when they are used to coming here... The fact is right now that the vast majority of this community come here for their news, updates, and discussions... A simple reminder that these issues are also being discussed on the new forums every now and then will suffice please!!

Please everyone just calm down and don't leave just yet... These are only discussions and nothing has been officially decided with regards to a name change... It's discussion right now that's all... Everyone will have their say with regards to a decision like this in a vote because were it not so we would not be community driven!! 

We are years away from mainstream adoption of crypto's in general so to worry about the dark aspect in the name at this early stage is just not necessary... If this goes to a vote I will be voting NO to a name change right now... We need that new logo... We need to move forward and establish ourselves... I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves here... There will be plenty of time to work on our public image down the road when we are far more established... 3 weeks people... It's only 3 weeks old and might I remind you that the current name is what attracted a lot of us to this coin in the first place when we knew nothing about it or the dev team!! Keep calm and develop on!!

Cheers,

Ghosty
vicvelcro

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:34:00 PM

Hardly worthless. Do you honestly believe that after getting as much coin as he wants, he would leave it down low? You don't suppose he has already paid somebody to pump it later so he can take a profit?

That is why as many people as possible should be buying it up too. There will be profits made. Would you and everyone else enjoy knowing only a few greedy schlepps are taking the haul?

I say drive the price up again, like we've done recently. Make him pay more dearly to stuff his bag AND lessen his percentage gain on the other end.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
InitialDat

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:34:19 PM

Why are you guys even discussing the name change when there are still features being developed. I'd much rather keep the name and focus heavily on development.
vicvelcro

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:35:12 PM

Is it so hard to click a link already provided for you, then drag it to your bookmark bar and then remember to use that instead of coming back here like a lemming?

Here.

Okay I know you guys want people to move over to the new forums and all but it's going to take awhile for people to migrate over there when they are used to coming here... The fact is right now that the vast majority of this community come here for their news, updates, and discussions... A simple reminder that these issues are also being discussed on the new forums every now and then will suffice please!!

Please everyone just calm down and don't leave just yet... These are only discussions and nothing has been officially decided with regards to a name change... It's discussion right now that's all... Everyone will have their say with regards to a decision like this in a vote because were it not so we would not be community driven!!

Cheers,

Ghosty

Ghost55

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:50:05 PM

Is it so hard to click a link already provided for you, then drag it to your bookmark bar and then remember to use that instead of coming back here like a lemming?

Here.

Cheers,

Ghosty

No it is not hard... I am currently engaged in both and the bottom line is this forum thread will remain active for a very long time and will play role going forward because some people prefer this forum and it's just another avenue for people to get the information they are seeking about this coin and community just as the Reddit is... Discussions here are welcome on any and all topics just as they are in the new forums and on Reddit... These are all assets... No discussion anywhere needs to be cut off just because we want it to take place somewhere else... Just saying... A gentle reminder that the issues are also being discuss on the new forums is enough... If people want to continue the discussion there or continue with it here... So be it... No biggie!!

Cheers,

Ghosty
litecoin111

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:50:14 PM

Why are you guys even discussing the name change when there are still features being developed. I'd much rather keep the name and focus heavily on development.

Agreed, don't put the cart before the horse.
vicvelcro

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:51:43 PM

Change the name first, then shove the goodies in their faces later.

Ghost55

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:51:55 PM

LOL Thank you that was the expression I was trying to say!! +1
InitialDat

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:52:28 PM

From a business standpoint, just think what will happen if you were to change a name of a restaurant? Now apply it to crypto.

People don't react to change lightly... I'm just saying.
yeahright

Activity: 297

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:53:50 PM

LOL Thank you that was the expression I was trying to say!! +1

+2 I agree the name change almost seems like it's reinventing the coin.  I was drawn to the name LTCD
litecoin111

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:55:09 PM

From a business standpoint, just think what will happen if you were to change a name of a restaurant? Now apply it to crypto.

Usually results in confusion and lost sales for a time in the real world... we currently have brand recognition in the crypto world (volume of trading etc.) Yes real world adoption will be necessary to grow but that is what features are for. Features that make it easy to use for business and consumer.
vicvelcro

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:56:40 PM

Then the thing gets divided. Some relevant things might be in one place but not the other. That would diminish the issue.

If every topic continues to be discussed here in one long straight line, most of it will be missed. Many people come here but only look at the last page and even only the very last post. Lots of good stuff goes unseen.

Separated topics in a forum based format allows people to more easily find issues that concern them and to more easily contribute to and follow the progress of those issue.

Get over the easy "just keep doing what I've been doing the same way I've always been doing it because I don't have to think about it" mentality and graduate to a better way. 'Thinking' isn't so hard and it isn't painful. The more you do it, the easier it gets.

If people want to continue the discussion there or continue with it here... So be it... No biggie!!

Cheers,

Ghosty

vicvelcro

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:58:18 PM

If the restaurant is named 'Black Fuzzy Grub Testicles' ...

Changing the name to 'McDonalds' is best done quickly.

AminerMiner

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

Why oh why Didnt i take the blue pill ?!?!

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:00:59 PM

+1

litecoin111

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:01:44 PM

Lol I think LTCD is better than your example...
vicvelcro

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:02:51 PM

Some people don't like Testicles and some people don't like dark.

It is silly to expect the Mountain (professional commerce) to come to Mohammad (dark).

Lol I think LTCD is better than your example...

Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: