Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:16:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which video you like the most for LitecoinDark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZCeOibh_Y&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKAUxwX7TQ&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8ixDXwqQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuLSFUVY7E

Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark.com ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 368501 times)
Ghost55

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:11:15 PM

If I understood right, earlier:

The general idea for possibly changing the name is to make it more acceptable to the main-stream and common man. Not to avoid any issue with "Litecoin" in the name. "Dark" is about as acceptable as a fart in church, to some people.

I say its to early as well to change the name. We have a lot of attention on us with bots and fud lol so people want this coin. Once the bots are done we should see prize go up just be patient lol  Grin

I have to agree with Voodoo... I see no reason to change the name whatsoever... Just because you don't put dark in the name doesn't mean it's still not a dark coin... It's a tribute to Litecoin and its different enough.... If you really wanted more diff in the name you could go with LiteKoinDark or something like that but I personally don't think it needs to be changed at all... There are still so many parts that need to fall into place and changing our image at this early stage could be disadvantageous!!  Just my thoughts on it...

Cheers,

Ghosty

Can't say I disagree in the long run... The dark aspect make people think bad things regardless of the facts... but is now the right time to change it? And dark coins are popular amongst traders right now because if they were not then Darkcoin and Bitcoindark would not be as far up the ladder as they are... I say lets chase them down and get into that arena and then think about an image change once we have proven ourselves and have a major foothold!! I think a change now could be very bad for this coin and community!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:14:36 PM

Nobody is talking about change now, but when 2 gen whitepaper is launched I would think its a good idea to say it will happen later on and then we as a community decides when !

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
vicvelcro

Activity: 196

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:20:14 PM

I expect the novelty of "dark" as part of a coin name is about played out and those coins you mentioned might just fade rapidly into the oblivion where other coins have gone before.

If a change is to be made, it is better to do so sooner than later. Suppose for a minute that 10000 people know about this coin by the current name. Leave the name as it is until eventually 1000000 people are aware of it, then change the name. On the other hand, change it now and let 990000 people come in and know it by the name it has become and will remain. Which one will be the smoother road to ride?

The general idea for possibly changing the name is to make it more acceptable to the main-stream and common man. Not to avoid any issue with "Litecoin" in the name. "Dark" is about as acceptable as a fart in church, to some people.

Can't say I disagree in the long run... The dark aspect make people think bad things regardless of the facts... but is now the right time to change it? And dark coins are popular amongst traders right now because if they were not then Darkcoin and Bitcoindark would not be as far up the ladder as they are... I say lets chase them down and get into that arena and then think about an image change once we have proven ourselves and have a major foothold!! I think a change now could be very bad for this coin and community!!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ghost55

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:24:03 PM

We also have to consider POS.
Just an exsample me and my wife experinced the other day at the meeting with my private banker.
She was looking through our assets and when we got to the BTC thing she looked up and said..."What is Bitcoin"... I was paralized for a second!
This is what the crypto world is up against, but I think we could be the first to do this.

If I go to the bank with my savings I can max get 0,1% intrest... Wouldnt you think an investor would like to have 1% interest... I think so!
The most wealthy generation we have on the globe today are the 60-80 year old people and nobody will ever be that rich ever again, the world has changed.
Banks dosent payout interest some even do negeative intrest rates.
If we have a coin that would run forever and a POS of 1%.... I didnt have to think twice were to put my money.
But I could be wrong, what do you think ?

I get where you are going with this but personally I don't like inflationary coins... There is more than enough to go around because we can go infinitely to the right with zeros... and that will drive the price up over time via supply and demand... It's one of the major features I like about crypto's in general... I am so tired of inflation in the fiat scene the last thing I want is to see it in any form in the crypto scene... That's why I don't touch inflationary coins such as Doge...

Cheers,

Ghosty

Yes and now you hid the nail spot on. Problem as I see is that we run out of LTCD too fast..?

We will never run out... We have an infinite number of zero's to the right of a full coin... I think the mining aspect could and probably should be slowed down... There will come a day when we think back to when we used to buy stuff with full coins... and those with full coins will be the equivalent to tomorrows millionaires... And we don't want people thinking this coin is just a good place to invest their money for the sake of interest... We want the money to flow not be held as an investment that's the problem Bitcoin is fighting right now.... Is our goal to become an everyday used coin or a store of value? I get that it might attract some of that money but are those the investors we are really after?  We need to define our identity and be clear about our goals and not just on the feature side...

Maybe LitecoinBeacon would be more acceptable to the general public with a short nickname of Beacons... Then you still have the tribute to Litecoin and yet have our own identity free of the "Dark" aspect...  Even the logo could be similar to the one we all like for Litecoindark just replace the D with a B...  If you plan to change the name now... I think something like this would be more acceptable to the community.

A beacon is an intentionally conspicuous device designed to attract attention to a specific location. That location is our coin in the sea of coins!

"Do you accept Beacons?"

What do you guys think?

Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:25:17 PM

I expect the novelty of "dark" as part of a coin name is about played out and those coins you mentioned might just fade rapidly into the oblivion where other coins have gone before.

If a change is to be made, it is better to do so sooner than later. Suppose for a minute that 10000 people know about this coin by the current name. Leave the name as it is until eventually 1000000 people are aware of it, then change the name. On the other hand, change it now and let 990000 people come in and know it by the name it has become and will remain. Which one will be the smoother road to ride?

Good point.. and should be discussed throughly

Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:29:05 PM

I think the reward should be downgraded, so coin is more difficult to get...

We also have to consider POS.
Just an exsample me and my wife experinced the other day at the meeting with my private banker.
She was looking through our assets and when we got to the BTC thing she looked up and said..."What is Bitcoin"... I was paralized for a second!
This is what the crypto world is up against, but I think we could be the first to do this.

If I go to the bank with my savings I can max get 0,1% intrest... Wouldnt you think an investor would like to have 1% interest... I think so!
The most wealthy generation we have on the globe today are the 60-80 year old people and nobody will ever be that rich ever again, the world has changed.
Banks dosent payout interest some even do negeative intrest rates.
If we have a coin that would run forever and a POS of 1%.... I didnt have to think twice were to put my money.
But I could be wrong, what do you think ?

I get where you are going with this but personally I don't like inflationary coins... There is more than enough to go around because we can go infinitely to the right with zeros... and that will drive the price up over time via supply and demand... It's one of the major features I like about crypto's in general... I am so tired of inflation in the fiat scene the last thing I want is to see it in any form in the crypto scene... That's why I don't touch inflationary coins such as Doge...

Cheers,

Ghosty

Yes and now you hid the nail spot on. Problem as I see is that we run out of LTCD too fast..?

We will never run out... We have an infinite number of zero's to the right of a full coin... I think the mining aspect could and probably should be slowed down... There will come a day when we think back to when we used to buy stuff with full coins... and those with full coins will be the equivalent to tomorrows millionaires... And we don't want people thinking this coin is just a good place to invest their money for the sake of interest... We want the money to flow not be held as an investment that's the problem Bitcoin is fighting right now.... Is our goal to become an everyday used coin or a store of value? I get that it might attract some of that money but are those the investors we are really after?  We need to define our identity and be clear about our goals and not just on the feature side...

Maybe LitecoinBeacon would be more acceptable to the general public with a short nickname of Beacons... Then you still have the tribute to Litecoin and yet have our own identity free of the "Dark" aspect...  Even the logo could be similar to the one we all like for Litecoindark just replace the D with a B...  If you plan to change the name now... I think something like this would be more acceptable to the community.

A beacon is an intentionally conspicuous device designed to attract attention to a specific location. That location is our coin in the sea of coins!

What do you guys think?

vicvelcro

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:31:02 PM

'SWIM' should make a topic for this at http://www.litecoindark.com/forum/
Since this will likely get drawn out and lengthy, it might be best to not carry on with it here.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ghost55

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:31:47 PM

I think the reward should be downgraded, so coin is more difficult to get...

I think most of us are in agreement on that point... + 1
Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:33:21 PM

Since this will likely get drawn out and lengthy, it might be best to not carry on with it here.

Please make a post in the forum.

vicvelcro

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:35:41 PM

Gimme a few minutes to draft up something and make it tidy first. It'll be there shortly.

Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:36:59 PM

Gimme a few minutes to draft up something and make it tidy first. It'll be there shortly.

+1

Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:39:38 PM

Litecoin ICE

Ripple X-tradimension

Cyberdollar

Cryptodollar

Cyber currency units.

Cybercredits

E-Dollars
Ghost55

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:43:23 PM

Maybe LitecoinBeacon would be more acceptable to the general public with a short nickname of Beacons... Then you still have the tribute to Litecoin and yet have our own identity free of the "Dark" aspect...  Even the logo could be similar to the one we all like for Litecoindark just replace the D with a B...  If you plan to change the name now... I think something like this would be more acceptable to the community because it's the connection we all feel to Litecoin and it's success that makes up a large part of our attraction I think... Not taking anything away from our totally awesome dev team! Perhaps someday we will be able to ask a merchant... "Do you accept Beacons?"

People have already come to know us as Litecoindark... I think a name change that people will still recognize us would be best... We can market this change as nothing more than an image thing... that we are changing our name to better represent our coin and community and to make the name more palatable to the general public!!

What do you guys think?
vicvelcro

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:45:07 PM

http://www.litecoindark.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23-why-change-the-name/

for now.

I couldn't feasibly copy-paste all of the associated posts from here over to there. Interested persons, please continue the name change discussion by clicking the link at the beginning of this post.

vicvelcro

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:46:16 PM

Post those over at litecoindark.com where a topic exists for this very purpose. If you don't, I will and I'll get credit for your brains.

Litecoin ICE

Ripple X-tradimension

Cyberdollar

Cryptodollar

Cyber currency units.

Cybercredits

E-Dollars

Martin958

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:47:19 PM

Post those over at litecoindark.com where a topic exists for this very purpose. If you don't, I will and I'll get credit for your brains.

Litecoin ICE

Ripple X-tradimension

Cyberdollar

Cryptodollar

Cyber currency units.

Cybercredits

E-Dollars

Thank you - will do.
vicvelcro

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:49:36 PM

I was just kidding. I would have posted them if you didn't, but I'd give you proper attribution and recognition.

Thank you - will do.

Martin958

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:53:38 PM

I was just kidding. I would have posted them if you didn't, but I'd give you proper attribution and recognition.

Thank you - will do.

Can you provide a full link where to post my ideas? I can't see where on the official site.
vicvelcro

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:55:33 PM

No prob.

http://www.litecoindark.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22-new-name-for-ltcd/

Thank you - will do.

Can you provide a full link where to post my ideas? I can't see where on the official site.

Martin958

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:21:58 PM

...it is done.
Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: