Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:28:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which video you like the most for LitecoinDark?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njZCeOibh_Y&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftKAUxwX7TQ&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb8ixDXwqQs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USuLSFUVY7E

Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTCD] LitecoinDark.com ★ Scrypt ★ Difficulty Shield ★ Multipool ★ Fast  (Read 368501 times)
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:24:58 PM

Polo will add if they want the coin.

And my 2 cents. The person or persons that run that exchange seem pretty honest. A while ago they had some coins come up missing and the owner of that exchange paid everyone back.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Unpredictable

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:28:45 PM

Quick question: is it profitable to rent a rig right now to mine the coin? Is anyone doing this?
Ghost55

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:32:31 PM

And my 2 cents. The person or persons that run that exchange seem pretty honest. A while ago they had some coins come up missing and the owner of that exchange paid everyone back.
[/quote

My personal opinion about adding more exchanges is you can never have enough... I would see this coin on each and every one of them and here's why... A lot of people are comfortable with the exchange they use primarily... And each exchange has people who use them primarily... We are limiting our investors to the ones just on the exchanges we are on... There are tonnes of people out there that either don't know about this coin or have no access because they don't want to jump onto different exchanges to get it... Our buy pressure is good right now but it can always be better and I think everyone should have access to a hot new coin like this... I don't see it as a bad thing to be on more exchanges...

Just my opinion on the matter though...

Cheers,

Ghosty
grabciu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:34:05 PM

Quick question: is it profitable to rent a rig right now to mine the coin? Is anyone doing this?

just buy at these bargain prices  Wink
Xircom
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:54:31 PM

Vivelcro explains pretty well why we should not get added to more pools at the moment:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=760143.msg8954668#msg8954668

[/quote

My personal opinion about adding more exchanges is you can never have enough... I would see this coin on each and every one of them and here's why... A lot of people are comfortable with the exchange they use primarily... And each exchange has people who use them primarily... We are limiting our investors to the ones just on the exchanges we are on... There are tonnes of people out there that either don't know about this coin or have no access because they don't want to jump onto different exchanges to get it... Our buy pressure is good right now but it can always be better and I think everyone should have access to a hot new coin like this... I don't see it as a bad thing to be on more exchanges...

Just my opinion on the matter though...

Cheers,

Ghosty

BTC: 1MyJmxS9ER5ZBNvpG3LhoUXGotpzbPowed
Frogman
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 07:58:29 PM

just buy at these bargain prices  Wink

So we are less than 20 million coins away from mining being complete. Does anyone know how long thatll take?
litecoin111

Activity: 205

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:17:04 PM

If they change the reward structure could be years..

I can't stop wondering what price this is going to be at in a year or two with gen 2.0? Mind blown.
Unpredictable

Activity: 292

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:20:16 PM

So far we don't event know what is this gen. 2.0 so don't get too excited...
Frogman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 08:23:31 PM

Does anyone think we will see a 10ksat ltcd by the end of the month? Smiley
litecoin111

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:24:31 PM

They have revealed quite  a bit about it actually, but I'm sure there is more they aren't revealing yet.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:38:49 PM

What are the pros and cons to lowering the reward? I'm trying to get a grasp as to what this would mean for the community, the coin and my investment. Thanks guys!

Lowering the reward involves extending the mining period as well so there's a few benifits IMO.

1. More interest in the coin, more people involved etc which is better overall as it leads to a more active market, more people wanting to use the coin etc.

2. The network is more stable when the coin is being mined. Take a very rare coin like Firecoin that's only PoS. They have a problem there because not a lot of people are staking and so transactions can take a long time to occur.  But in another rare coin like Uno, they still have mining and thus transactions are faster.

3. Although staking creates new coins, people tend to horde them and they don't make it out into the market. On the other hand, miners want to sell their coins and so there are fresh coins coming into the system constantly which also should help to spread out the distribution more.

4. Less coins means the price should stabilize, not be susceptible to as many "large" dumps and actually go up as time progresses.

As for cons, the only thing I can really think of is that as long as the coin is being mined, it could be susceptible to a 51% attack. Once PoS is implemented though, that should help to alleviate that somewhat.  Maybe if someone else knows some other Pros and Cons they could outline them.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
litecoin111

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:52:39 PM

What are the pros and cons to lowering the reward? I'm trying to get a grasp as to what this would mean for the community, the coin and my investment. Thanks guys!

Lowering the reward involves extending the mining period as well so there's a few benifits IMO.

1. More interest in the coin, more people involved etc which is better overall as it leads to a more active market, more people wanting to use the coin etc.

2. The network is more stable when the coin is being mined. Take a very rare coin like Firecoin that's only PoS. They have a problem there because not a lot of people are staking and so transactions can take a long time to occur.  But in another rare coin like Uno, they still have mining and thus transactions are faster.

3. Although staking creates new coins, people tend to horde them and they don't make it out into the market. On the other hand, miners want to sell their coins and so there are fresh coins coming into the system constantly which also should help to spread out the distribution more.

4. Less coins means the price should stabilize, not be susceptible to as many "large" dumps and actually go up as time progresses.

As for cons, the only thing I can really think of is that as long as the coin is being mined, it could be susceptible to a 51% attack. Once PoS is implemented though, that should help to alleviate that somewhat.  Maybe if someone else knows some other Pros and Cons they could outline them.

So are you for or against POS? Seems like the con would outweigh the Pro there..
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:02:05 PM

So are you for or against POS? Seems like the con would outweigh the Pro there..

Not sure exactly what you're asking since going PoS either does away (sort of as it's just a lot harder with PoS) the 51% attack issue if you don't have mining, or it helps to alleviate it by having people staking.

But I'm for having a hybrid PoW and PoS coin as I believe the combination creates a stronger coin in the long run.  Peercoin for example is a hybrid.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
litecoin111

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:06:02 PM

Not sure exactly what you're asking since going PoS either does away (sort of as it's just a lot harder with PoS) the 51% attack issue if you don't have mining, or it helps to alleviate it by having people staking.

But I'm for having a hybrid PoW and PoS coin as I believe the combination creates a stronger coin in the long run.  Peercoin for example is a hybrid.

Oh I see, makes sense I just meant that more people will stake and hence less in the market...but I suppose if there is still the incentive to mine there is more coins coming into the market that way.
Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:07:27 PM

Yes, we do and it is mind blowing.
Some teasers:

- Update of Wallet through PUSH (no more using wrong version of Wallet)
- Features can be build in to wallet without breaking blockchain.
- Change a difficulty algorithm by replacing a dll instead of needing a fresh wallet.
- Add a hashing algo to the mix at any given point in time
- Many more, not to be mentioned yet, as we have to keep them secret while we are working on them.

In short words, Its a complete redesign of the Crypto coin as we know it today and will make BTC , Darkcoin, Blackcoin or BTCDark look like windows 3.1.

zugvogel21

Activity: 995
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 09:08:32 PM

Some teasers:

- Change a difficulty algorithm by replacing a dll instead of needing a fresh wallet.
- Many more, not to be mentioned yet, as we have to keep them secret while we are working on them.

In short words, Its a complete redesign of the Crypto coin as we know it today and will make BTC , Darkcoin, Blackcoin or BTCDark look like windows 3.1.

I trust and I hope your right!

hihi

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:15:09 PM

First to keep the coin mineable for a longer period of time.
Second the multipools will stay away from the coin some time and perhaps preventing dumping.
Third More widely spread volumes and possibility to make POS.

Thats the things that comes to my mind by lowering the reward.

And any cons despite the ones which Viper1 mentioned?

Making it hybrid sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure what Devs think about it

Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:20:52 PM

First to keep the coin mineable for a longer period of time.
Second the multipools will stay away from the coin some time and perhaps preventing dumping.
Third More widely spread volumes and possibility to make POS.

Thats the things that comes to my mind by lowering the reward.

And any cons despite the ones which Viper1 mentioned?

Making it hybrid sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure what Devs think about it

We are working on the suggestions we have got from the community. But haven't decided yet 100%, but when looking at the Poll it looks like we will lower blockreward a lot and hopefully fast to let the coin be mineable for a long period ans to prevent 51% attacks.

Frogman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 09:23:25 PM

Some teasers:

Are you sure?
Xircom
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 09:25:16 PM

Some teasers:

Are you sure?
Otherwise I wouldn't write them....
Troll has been working on this for 14 month now.

Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: