Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:39:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736725 times)
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:13:51 PM

Of course, for non-US investors the question of a US registered company selling a non-registered security, even if selling to non US citizens, is probably a problem. That James didn't address.

Yes, that's what I was referring to, perhaps a re-work of the IPO terms is necessary.  The poster raised some good points that should be considered so I'm not sure why there was all this negativity.

OK, let's all stop worrying about Poloniex's supposed problems. If this "coin" is no good according to whatever government, then all of the coins are no good. This coin has a unique idea and all, but so do many others. To call this an IPO, which Poloniex most certainly is NOT, is up to whoever wants to call it that. But, that doesn't make it true, or more accurately, it doesn't make it any more true than any other coin.

Yes, promises are being made by James, and I have no doubt that he will do his best to fulfill them. But, if he doesn't or he completely changes the "terms", then there is not much one can do. The Bitcoin Talk Forum page is not a prospectus, a "coin" is not a stock, and an exchange is not an instrument of the SEC. Some day, some government(s) is going to make rules regarding all of this stuff, but for now we all know how the game is played. And yes, someone is going to get burned once too many times and a lawsuit will be successful (probably). But, it is still the wild west around the crypto world, and everyone should have enough common sense to realize this. Only invest in small enough increments so as not to be left surprised if the government (any government) pulls the rug out of this rodeo. 
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:15:54 PM

It's really best if this IPO is held on a decentralized exchange, less worries for everyone.
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:36:30 PM

It's really best if this IPO is held on a decentralized exchange, less worries for everyone.

Poloniex is the only exchange I do trust, and is why I am here and plan to invest, to begin with. And I doubt that I am the only one. Poloniex has proved themselves trustworthy, and the fact that they are accepting James' "documentation" is an important consideration when it comes to trusting these type of ICO arrangements.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 05:45:37 PM

Not all things US Gov are bad, I like flushing my toilet and having my garbage picked up weekly.  Anyway, I think his point is be careful about using Poloniex for your IPO because the Gov can shut it down pretty easily.
wow, you dont have to live in garbage and the toilets actually work!
USA is a paradise indeed. Hardly anywhere else in the world has such luxuries
you probably even have hot water and electricity!

Now seriously, just how primitive do you think the rest of the world is?

James

Lol, exactly my thoughts, in fact I live right now in a so-called third world country where I have way better facilities and services that the average American has (obviously, will differ in different areas). US people have to take a peek outside sometimes.

Note: You can be sure that James' and my posts are not a critic, but a CALL for US people to wake up and realize what's going on.

Eth.

Well, you are being a critic, even if that guy commenting about garbage pick-ups deserved some crap. And, while I am as Libertarian as the next crypto investor, this thought that the dollar is doomed and yet somehow things will be OK elsewhere in the world is delusional. When the dollar goes (and yes, I think it will, if this keeps up), the whole world is going to plunge into a massive depression. Gold and silver will be the only currency that counts. Maybe Bitcoin, but even that is iffy. The average person has about as much trust in the safety (from getting hacked) of crypto as they do a used car salesman.
precious metal backed multisig protected crypto is one of my projects for next year

fiat world depression is unfortunately inevitable. USD devaluation will affect all major currencies except CNY and maybe ruble as they are making for non-USD denominations in their major dealings. Also China is like one dozen Japans all in an internal economy with only one of them outward facing. China will do just fine in a global depression, in fact they will be the ones to benefit the most. I have most my fiat in CNY for this reason, not that I have much fiat at all

Will USA have the political will to sell of 10 trillion USD worth of its assets? I think this would be the vast amounts of land it has. GrandCanyon to Disney, etc. this I think is not so politically possible. So the easier way is to just do the "takings". They have already started this some years ago to set the precedent that if a piece of land is better serving the public, then it should be owned by the public and thus the private ownership is stripped. Now maybe some token amount is paid, not sure of details.

to me this is the setting up of this precious precedent. So, now when USA is running out of money, it is of course to use this precedent of takings that is now many years standing as the base to start applying eminent domain to more than just land. Imagine if the politicos change the law for eminent domain to allow takings for "land or any other asset" or some such general language.

Then using this new law and the precedents of the hundreds of takings (I think these are starting in small ways to minimize the complaints, but now bolder and bolder) how long before all of USA people's assets are at risk? The massive taxation is not enough to feed the USA govt appetite, it needs to obtain trillions of USD to keep its current size. Will it do the right thing for its people, or the easy thing for its politicos?

Now this expansion of eminent domain I dont think has happened yet, but I am not up to date on all the insane laws of USA, so maybe it is already started? If you are having any amount of wealth and in USA, I advise to get most of it offshore if you can. I heard they are "cracking down" on such things since of course USA citizens should not have any right to move their money outside USA, they must be protected from all the bad things that can happen.

In Argentina this has happened and it made things go from bad to worse and USA is following in their footsteps!
Maybe Argentina's football team is not making the best showing, USA is learning from Argentina how to properly destroy the economy fast as possible.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 05:46:48 PM

I like Poloniex for this.

Two questions (I don't think these have been answered already):
1) What if everyone invests on day 1 and gets a 15% discount? Who pays for it? (Unlikely but it's reasonable that a large proportion of money will come in on day 1 and less and less after that).
2) Will a proportion of revenue be retained by SuperNET to fund future coin purchases?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 05:53:49 PM

I like Poloniex for this.

Two questions (I don't think these have been answered already):
1) What if everyone invests on day 1 and gets a 15% discount? Who pays for it? (Unlikely but it's reasonable that a large proportion of money will come in on day 1 and less and less after that).
2) Will a proportion of revenue be retained by SuperNET to fund future coin purchases?
1) if only money is coming in the first day and it stops (extremely unlikely) then everybody ends up paying 15% over book value. In most reasonable day by day distributions, the average premium should be around 10%, it could be as low as 5% if there is a big surge during the no bonus days.

2) there is still some unallocated revenues and if it makes sense this is a possibility, but I am thinking that any such extra fundings would make more sense to come from the supertraders bankrolls after they are into higher profit levels. It is not possible to predict, as there are too many variables, but I would say that it is possible but not likely.

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 05:57:49 PM

Apparently the three letters "IPO" is some sort of danger so I changed the OP to not have this.

There will be not SuperNET IPO, there will just be SuperNET

I am working closely with poloniex to address some of the issues raised by the fiatman. SuperNET is bigger than me, it is bigger than any single altcoin, it is a movement that is started and cannot be stopped.

So, there will always be a way to make this happen and I am thinking of all the thoughtful comments, usually there is this answer that pops in my head when I am reading a question. Sometimes this answer popping, it is not there Sad
So, then I have to wait or do it the hard way, and this makes me slower for the answering.

please be patient. My biggest concern is the safety of capital.

James

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:02:13 PM

Good call.
Wob

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:04:09 PM

Is it possible to wait a little with the ipo so that Cryptsy can figure out its problems with the BTCD wallet?

Many people stuck imo
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 06:09:05 PM

Good call.
yes, this makes much sense to me. Without the three letters it changes the risk profile from fiat attack. any other things can help with this? It seems the "security" was depending on the expectation of future rewards without any additional work required.

So, everyone if you are getting some SuperNET, I am officially formally requiring you to do work on behalf of SuperNET. There is no free ride on top of my back. I am working for free, so you must all work for free. This is no security, there could be zero future dividends and if you are not all working very hard, maybe this is the outcome. So, you have to do a bunch of work and there is no expectation of future revenues. Maybe it is a donation and anything you get back is a counter-donation?

Your first task is to ask not what SuperNET can do for you, but what you can do for SuperNET
When you are having this answer, then you must work night and day like I do.

I hope this is acceptable

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 06:10:19 PM

Is it possible to wait a little with the ipo so that Cryptsy can figure out its problems with the BTCD wallet?

Many people stuck imo
also it is not called an ipo! it is not a security. you must all work. you must not expect anything in the future
It is just SuperNET
the bonus it is changing only by very small amounts per minute

I-Love-BTCD

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:11:17 PM

This discussion is pointless. SuperNETcoin is something that we get as a reward for our donations.
SuperNETcoin Like all the any other altcoins and Compliance with all legislation of Cryptocurrencies.
Wink Cheesy
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 06:14:04 PM

As far as i know it isn't a coin at all, but correct me if i'm wrong
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:19:08 PM

It's a donation, to the cause of crypto currency movement. This presentation will eliminate a lot of issues.
phobosgrunt

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:30:57 PM

Question about the initial sale. Will what I get be based on the dollar value of when I buy, the bitcoin value of when I buy, the dollar value at the end of the sale, or the bitcoin value at the end? Asking because of all the fluctuation in price that can happen over the course of a month.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 06:34:17 PM

Question about the initial sale. Will what I get be based on the dollar value of when I buy, the bitcoin value of when I buy, the dollar value at the end of the sale, or the bitcoin value at the end? Asking because of all the fluctuation in price that can happen over the course of a month.
The percentage allocation of the SuperNET will be based the moment of your donation. The bonus amount is increasing the price gradually, the non-BTC donations are converted as the bonus amount is changed (every minute?) using a hard to game rate for the other currencies. The specific method will be announced when SuperNET donations are ready for acceptance

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 06:35:05 PM

It's a donation, to the cause of crypto currency movement. This presentation will eliminate a lot of issues.
yes be prepared to donate and work like a slave, dont expect anything in the future.
Gee, this almost sounds like fiat!

James

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 06:36:12 PM

It is just SuperNET
There will be the coins inside of SuperNET, but SuperNET itself is not a coin. Technically it is a NXT asset

I-Love-BTCD

Activity: 64

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:39:45 PM

Good call.
yes, this makes much sense to me. Without the three letters it changes the risk profile from fiat attack. any other things can help with this? It seems the "security" was depending on the expectation of future rewards without any additional work required.

So, everyone if you are getting some SuperNET, I am officially formally requiring you to do work on behalf of SuperNET. There is no free ride on top of my back. I am working for free, so you must all work for free. This is no security, there could be zero future dividends and if you are not all working very hard, maybe this is the outcome. So, you have to do a bunch of work and there is no expectation of future revenues. Maybe it is a donation and anything you get back is a counter-donation?

Your first task is to ask not what SuperNET can do for you, but what you can do for SuperNET
When you are having this answer, then you must work night and day like I do.

I hope this is acceptable

James
I agree with you
Most investors believe that , always immediately after the end of IPO/ICO a number of people should be buy their coins to several times the price  without doing anything for prices growth . this kind of thinking is really stupid . Cool
socket

Activity: 259

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:41:46 PM

It is just SuperNET
There will be the coins inside of SuperNET, but SuperNET itself is not a coin. Technically it is a NXT asset

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions... but will the SuperNET NXT asset have any utility connected to the actual project itself?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: