Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:05:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736725 times)
I-Love-BTCD

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:32:59 PM

I have $0 in BTCD and yet I am still interested in the SuperNET project

As far as I understand it the shares will be held in BTC not BTCD/NXT.

I think that shares will be held in BTC and BTCD and NXT

I think that he will receive BTC, BTCD and NXT and he will change them against the coins which take part in supernet.
So after investing. 10% X;  5% Y; 7% Z; etc. etc.

I hope he will choose the coins wisely, at the moment every coin wants in, even the dying ones like Doge, etc.

he will not enter shit coins  in the SuperNET. look at the OP. Wink
Aptidude

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:47:55 PM

All this stuff James is working on sounds like it will take a LLLLLLOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time before it is all functional.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 09:57:09 PM

All this stuff James is working on sounds like it will take a LLLLLLOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time before it is all functional.
yes I am very slow at doing everything. this is one of my weaknesses, yes?
so it is good that there are becoming so many volunteers
I am having new projects where I am able to be lazy and do not much of anything
Once I can be coding most of the time, I assure you I will get things done. Maybe a little delay here and there, but if you analyze the source code you will notice that many of these tech projects of mine share a lot.

In fact they are all integrated into a single library. The Privatebet, this is the one that is most likely going to be delayed, maybe even into early next year. It is one that is "messy" with so many varied data sources. I am glad I am not the one coding the website interface for that one.

I had the InstantDEX already making trades, and Tradebots already properly executing the C code sent in via JSON API and of course the Teleport I am debugging this week. coinomat is handling the SuperNET card, hash is doing the instaDICE, etc.

In any case I am confident you will get your donations worth from these projects.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 10:11:48 PM

DRAFT doc for SuperNET is at http://209.126.70.170/SuperNET.pdf
feedback appreciated

after the feedbacks and revising, this will be posted on OP

I have some info on the donation process. There will be a TOKEN that is purchased to represent a BTC value. The price of this token is gradually increasing over time. Based on the trailing average price, the prices in other currencies will be made to match the BTC price.

This way the bonus amounts are built into the purchase price the moment of purchasing. The amount changing per minute is 15% / (1440 *15) so it is small satoshis gaining each minute. The actual price of the TOKEN is not so important but I think it is good to allow for even small donations so I think 0.01 BTC is a good starting price. Then over two weeks this gradually goes to 0.0115 so there is no reason for big rushing at the beginning

James

zikomoto

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:21:35 PM

feedback appreciated

after the feedbacks and revising, this will be posted on OP

I have some info on the donation process. There will be a TOKEN that is purchased to represent a BTC value. The price of this token is gradually increasing over time. Based on the trailing average price, the prices in other currencies will be made to match the BTC price.

This way the bonus amounts are built into the purchase price the moment of purchasing. The amount changing per minute is 15% / (1440 *15) so it is small satoshis gaining each minute. The actual price of the TOKEN is not so important but I think it is good to allow for even small donations so I think 0.01 BTC is a good starting price. Then over two weeks this gradually goes to 0.0115 so there is no reason for big rushing at the beginning

James

"SuperNET is
not
available to persons domiciled or living against their will in the following
countries"  Whyy ??

edit : ahh my bad , i see what you did there :p
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:21:57 PM

I just registered the alias "wingbat."

Willing to donate to the right cause/project/person.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 11:38:06 PM

I just registered the alias "wingbat."

Willing to donate to the right cause/project/person.
this is me in a wing bat costume:

apex944

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:57:45 PM

James, I like how your lipstick matches the frills on your skirt.

KSpinner

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:58:36 PM

OK, I think I grasp the concept...and I like it, but when does the ICO/IPO/Release/Launch/Whatever open?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 12:07:14 AM

OK, I think I grasp the concept...and I like it, but when does the ICO/IPO/Release/Launch/Whatever open?
it will be posted on jl777.org and there are some automatic twitters hooked up to this
plz dont ask me the URL's of the twitter, turns out I am a bat not a bird Smiley
noashh set it up

KSpinner

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:31:07 AM

Thanx! I'll keep an eye out for it!  Grin
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:49:25 AM

Hello all!

I like the concept very much as far as I understand it. But honestly, I'm not sure if I understand it right and I'm pretty sure, I don't understand it complete.

Before I ask too much: Is there somewhere something like a summary/overview.... "explanation for Dummies"? If not, I think that would be great to attract Investors before the IPO.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:04:47 AM

I was having a conversation with sidhujag and while explaining the problem, I think I found a way to make SuperNET scalable to any number of nodes.

Some projections are having some rather large numbers of users in SuperNET and this created some possible scaling problems.
for instance if 100,000 nodes are all broadcasting just one packet, then this is making N*N packets, which is shared load among all the nodes, but still is is 100,000 packets per node (bidirectional), so even though the packet is small, at larger N, it is a very possible problem. I didnt expect such a strong response to SuperNET so fast, so I assumed that we can do some gateway hubs as SuperNET expanded to act as gateways for this peerinfo.

the following peerinfo structure is what is needed for SuperNET nodes to be able to find each other, without disclosing their IP address to any node other than their privacyServer (your can use loopback as privacyServer or get a VPS to shield your IP)

the "srv" fields are for the privacyServer which is the only thing that is disclosing its IP address. null values or loopback address means this node is publishing its IP (unless the srvipbits are 0)

the pubBTCD[] and pubBTC[] addresses and pubnxtbits are the linked addresses all derived from a single public address (the privkey is used for the other two coins relative to the orig pubADDR)

All nodes can access a particular node via any of the pubADDR. The pubkey is what is used for the encrypting data to each node

Code:
struct peerinfo // padded to 256 bytes with some room for future fields
{
    uint64_t tbd[4],srvnxtbits,pubnxtbits,corecoins[4]; // this limits SuperNET to 256 coins in the core
    uint32_t srvipbits;
    uint16_t srvport;
    uint8_t pubkey[256>>3];
    char pubBTCD[36],pubBTC[36],extraspace[64];
};

the above is the info that is broadcast to all nodes and if gateways just broadcast to all the coins it was running a node on, we just, it would end up saturating all the nodes with these peerinfo packets

even though it is a small amount of data, I think that is too many packets!

So we must choke the traffic between coin networks to a linear flow.
For each coin there would be G gateways that store all the peerinfo data for that network. Well, this is automatic since all nodes for a coin are getting all peerinfo data

For a server that is in both coins A and B's networks, then it has the peerinfo for all the nodes for both coins A and B. So, if this server belonging to G(A + B) then a node in A can query G for a pubaddr and if it happened to be in B, the server can respond with the info.

To make it more efficient, each server G should list all the coins that it is belonging to so if it is known what coin a SuperNET pubaddr belongs to, only the server that already has this coin's pubaddrs would be queried. [at this point, I just added corecoins[4] so we can have a bitmap of up to 256 possible coins a node is belonging to as the solution flashed]

Now with little overhead all nodes in a coin's network can be identified as a possible gateway!
This just decentralized the peerinfo gateway function and eliminates the need for any hub servers.

This allows for peer to peer "long distance" calling.
Sometimes explaining a problem makes it go away Smiley

This is how I am reducing the problem as I learn more. I make sure there is a backstop solution (gateway hubs) and then at some point if it feels wrong, then I keep at it until a clearly better solution comes to mind. The advantage of working on so many different things is that I am getting a very general broad spectrum appreciation of the overall system, which allows to spend the time where the biggest possible issues are likely to be.

I am no waterfall process dev, so this drives the organized peoples a bit crazy, but in my mind SuperNET and all my assets are really just one project, so when people are saying I am doing too many things, it is strange as if I were to stop the one project I am doing, then I would just be a blabber blabber on the forums. The thing that seems to make it even more confusing is that I am making a combined code + monetization of traffic + user things like anon card and the asset interlocks are also part of the single project. So, it is hard to separate the code from the assets.

James

tl:dr SuperNET doesnt need any special server hubs to gateway peerinfo, each node that is running more than one coin will answer queries to other coins in its network with info it has from other coins it is also running a node. SuperNET just got decentralized peerinfo gateways!

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:10:36 AM

Hello all!

I like the concept very much as far as I understand it. But honestly, I'm not sure if I understand it right and I'm pretty sure, I don't understand it complete.

Before I ask too much: Is there somewhere something like a summary/overview.... "explanation for Dummies"? If not, I think that would be great to attract Investors before the IPO.

this is not called an IPO

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:12:43 AM

Hello all!

this is not called an IPO

That's what I was looking for! Thanks!
Cryptourologist

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:16:21 AM

Not all things US Gov are bad, I like flushing my toilet and having my garbage picked up weekly.  Anyway, I think his point is be careful about using Poloniex for your IPO because the Gov can shut it down pretty easily.

Do you realize that you need the Government's permission to take a piss and you pay in order to get that permission. Let me break it down for you.

1. You can't just take a piss wherever you want, you have to do it in the toilet or else (ideally) you'll be fined.
2. Toilet device manufacturing companies have to be licensed (by the govt) to produce "proper" toilet devices.
3. Contractors that install those devices have to be licensed (by the govt) and have to get installation permits (from the govt) to put the "proper" devices in place.
4a. In order to purchase a toilet device you've got to have the money (issued by the govt)
4b. And then you have to pay the tax (to the govt) on your income.
4c. And then again you have to play a sales tax (to the govt) on you purchase.
4whatever. And then the contractor has to pay income tax too... Charging you extra just to pay that tax.
5. You take a piss.
6. Huh
7. PROFIT!

Do you still like the idea?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 01:18:49 AM

Not all things US Gov are bad, I like flushing my toilet and having my garbage picked up weekly.  Anyway, I think his point is be careful about using Poloniex for your IPO because the Gov can shut it down pretty easily.

Do you realize that you need the Government's permission to take a piss and you pay in order to get that permission. Let me break it down for you.

1. You can't just take a piss wherever you want, you have to do it in the toilet or else you'll be fined.
2. Toilet device manufacturing companies have to be licensed (by the govt) to produce "proper" toilet devices.
3. Contractors that install those devices have to be licensed (by the govt) and have to get installation permits (from the govt) to put the "proper" devices in place.
4a. In order to purchase a toilet device you've got to have the money (issued by the govt)
4whatever. And then the contractor has to pay income tax too... Charging you extra just to pay that tax.
5. You take a piss.
6. Huh
7. PROFIT!

can we not be doing the toilet talk?
it just seems wrong for it to be in this thread.
thanks

Cryptourologist

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:25:29 AM

thanks

You're a genius and all that, but please chill out. That was just an example of the contemporary economy driven by taxes, both visible and hidden. I wish I mixed some insolvent debt into it too. Like... like the protein that is insoluble in urine. Get it? Cheesy Ahh... never mind.  Undecided An example that can be well-understood by the (day-to-day) majority, spoken in omnirelated terms and yet being the essence of what Crypto Wild West was created to replace in its evolution.

PS: Now, please be plain and simple. How can I get my hands on some of those SuperNET shares?
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:26:06 AM

1. You can't just take a piss wherever you want, you have to do it in the toilet or else you'll be fined.
5. You take a piss.
6. Huh
7. PROFIT!

thanks

The Rulebook is growing.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
apex944

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:38:35 AM

>> That was just an example of the contemporary economy driven by taxes, both visible and hidden.

And a bad example at that. I just re-did my bath and none of what you listed applied.
I paid STATE sales tax @ Home Depot and that was all.

... this is what the thread devolves too when the price goes sideways for dayz....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: