Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:29:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s  (Read 96767 times)
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:37:59 PM

QUESTION TIME!!!!

Why has MinerSource not migrated over their server/uploaded pictures from the recent trip to meet with BA?

Since the X-3 will be 2 units, will each of them get a 1400 Watt power supply?  Will they be 2 completely separate units that can run independently of each other?  If the power draw on each one is really that high, most people will need to run these in separate rooms of their house or blow a fuse in the US.

Will there be a way to add extra after market cooling (more fans or higher powered fans) since now we need to run these in the summer (May) and not the winter time (March)? 

Will the X-1 and X-3 be quiet enough to run at home?  With that high amount of electricity pulled, I feel like the fans will have to be working pretty hard, and thus be pretty loud.  Are you still confident that the goal of making these quiet is attainable?

These are important questions, because if they are going to be loud, and I need more power than I can pull in my house, then I, as well as others I assume, need to start looking for a place to host our miners.

Because the database has been a gigantic pain in the ass. I have 2 programmers working on it, and if they dont have a solution by friday I will be making them do it by hand.

Each X3 will have a separate PSU
They come with a 1400w, but each unit will not be pulling 1400w from the wall. There should be little issue running the full X3 on a standard US 120V 15A, but I will be double checking that.

I am not sure about the extra cooling, but the stock included cooling should be more than good enough even for OC'ed (based on the revised cooling numbers from the new HS)

They should be fairly quiet (the X1 defiantly), how quiet I do not know yet. Shouldn't be nearly as loud as a B1 Avalon for example.

Thank you Bobsag for your due diligence and speed at answering my questions, it is greatly appreciated and allows me to continue to instill confidence that we will receive these units.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 07:24:16 PM

As we have said, we are rapidly trying to improve our CS, and customer input is crucial to that processes (As I have tried to inform BA).

I hope our new ticket system is working well, as well as our much faster and prompt responses via FB.

With two Matts taking care of support tickets and maintaining Black Arrow's Facebook page, all concerns should probably be addressed in a timely manner.

We will offer local pickups- but we are moving to a massive new facility in CO, so pickups will have to be from there Smiley.

ALSO: I now have access to the BA ticket system, so if you need a response feel free to PM and I can at least check on the status for you.

Hi Everybody,

There's no referral program in place at the moment.

There will be an option for local pick-up.

I'm going to do my best to stay up to date with this thread. I'm also running the facebook page and answering tickets.

Also, to address Carlton Banks, there is no conspiracy to maximize profits. 90% of our team is focusing on the engineering side of things to make sure we get this ready for Feb 2014. Our customer service team is trying to keep up with orders and questions as well as we can.

Having said that, if anyone has emailed us and is still waiting for a reply, please PM me your question.

If you want to verify that I work for Black Arrow, please PM me and I will supply my @blackarrowsoftware.com email address.

Thanks!
Matt
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:37:54 PM

From BA:
27/02/2014 - Production Update

1. Minion tapeout was completed. The final power consumption for the whole chip is 0.75W/Ghash @ TT corner. When using at SS corner (lower voltage) it should use 20% less (0.6W/Ghash)
2. X1 Hashboard and Control Board have been sent to the factory on Monday.
3. X3 Hashboard design is complete. Will not send to factory until X1 hashboard test is complete.
4. X1 Backplane design is almost ready. We expect to send it to the factory next Monday.
5. Completed the X3 case preliminary design; It was sent for review.
6. We are running thermal simulation to determine the best airflow for X1 and X3.
7. Meetings with Verisilicon and Amkor.
8. Expanded our office and we are actively looking to grow our designer teams.
9. Progress has been made towards USD refunds. We hope to be able to provide the refunds within the next week or so.

Pending:
 - Waiting for heatsink factory to provide us with the final samples.
 - Waiting for the PSU factory to provide the samples.
 - Document for BTC withdrawals still not ready due to lack of time.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 07:56:37 PM

As we have said, we are rapidly trying to improve our CS, and customer input is crucial to that processes (As I have tried to inform BA).

I hope our new ticket system is working well, as well as our much faster and prompt responses via FB.

With two Matts taking care of support tickets and maintaining Black Arrow's Facebook page, all concerns should probably be addressed in a timely manner.

We will offer local pickups- but we are moving to a massive new facility in CO, so pickups will have to be from there Smiley.

ALSO: I now have access to the BA ticket system, so if you need a response feel free to PM and I can at least check on the status for you.

Hi Everybody,

I'm going to do my best to stay up to date with this thread. I'm also running the facebook page and answering tickets.

Also, to address Carlton Banks, there is no conspiracy to maximize profits. 90% of our team is focusing on the engineering side of things to make sure we get this ready for Feb 2014. Our customer service team is trying to keep up with orders and questions as well as we can.

Having said that, if anyone has emailed us and is still waiting for a reply, please PM me your question.

If you want to verify that I work for Black Arrow, please PM me and I will supply my @blackarrowsoftware.com email address.

Thanks!
Matt

Minersource facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/minersource
Blackarrow Facbook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Arrow/477655819009178

I'm definitely working on a status update. I'm the guy on facebook, in the ticket system, here, and on ecointalk. It's hard for me to keep up with all of these different places where people often times ask the same or similar questions.

I should have an update soon.

I will look into my PM's here too.

Color me (pun may or may not be intended) confused, but I clearly shown that you, Matt Carson, have assess to Black Arrow's support tickets, yet BlackArrow Matt states that he's the guy solely filling that role. If such wasn't the case, BA Matt would have clarified that position.

BTW, you accidently (MY ASS) un-highlighted a phrase in the post you quoted penned by me. I hope you don't mine me re-highlighting it.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:17:24 PM

Hi Everybody,

Thanks!
Matt

Minersource facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/minersource
Blackarrow Facbook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Arrow/477655819009178

I'm definitely working on a status update. I'm the guy on facebook, in the ticket system, here, and on ecointalk. It's hard for me to keep up with all of these different places where people often times ask the same or similar questions.

I should have an update soon.

I will look into my PM's here too.

Color me (pun may or may not be intended) confused, but I clearly shown that you, Matt Carson, have assess to Black Arrow's support tickets, yet BlackArrow Matt states that he's the guy solely filling that role. If such wasn't the case, BA Matt would have clarified that position.

Are we both not aloud to have access to the tickets? I need to be able to see the tickets in their system that have to deal with Minersource, and that BA Matt needs assess to the tickets because he works for Black Arrow?

<highlighted text reintroduced, for it somehow keeps getting edited out--must be a glitch>

First off, college grad, it's "allowed" and not "aloud", at the least the third time you've made that error even after it was brought to your attention prior.

Yes, you're allowed! No problem there whatsoever. But, BlackArrow Matt posted...

I'm the guy on facebook, in the ticket system, here, and on ecointalk.

Ergo, anybody reading only that post would safely assume that only BlackArrow Matt, a representative of Black Arrow, would have assess to any sensitive information submitted. Not something that would be seen by a proven lying hookah toker like yourself.

Let's revisit Black Arrow's first trustworthy reseller, shall we?

From the desk of Bobsag3, a.k.a. Matt Carson, Black Arrow's first and #1 reseller for their miners.

<snip>

I never ended up moving to another warehouse in Rolla, just the one. We went right from small warehouse in rolla > denver warehouse in one move, early Jan.
We paid for every month, and if your in contact with who you should be to verify that kind of info, they will verify it. So yes, your blowing smoke up peoples asses.

And with that im done on the subject. I think people have seen im more than up front compared to most here- but lets stay on topic about BA, or about actual minersource orders.

Timeline of Matt Carson's datacenter locations. Originally posted in Black Arrow's self-moderated thread, but quickly deleted for being...wait for it..off-topic (and that I was trolling, so they claim). Black Arrow has proof that Matt Carson can NOT be trusted, but continue to use him as their official reseller in the US. If I were to use Tom Williams, of mybitcoin.com, as my official reseller for some product, stating that people change, would I be able to sell many product, Alex Sovu, of cardreaderfactory.com? Me, the asshole, no think so, yet...

BUILDING #1: Purchased the building, awaiting infrastructure.

Building was purchased today!
All the wiring and infrastructure equipment arrives tomorrow-Wednesday. Over 400lb. Poor UPS man

<snip>

Thanks- Ill be moving to a custom made facility here in under 3 weeks.

BUILDING #2: Moving to a better facility here (still in Missouri) located 90 miles away.

Major Update!

We will be moving to a much large, much better facility here by the end of the month. There may be a short down time (its only a 90mi drive) while being setup at the new facility, but we will not be turning anything off right up to the last minute.

Major Update!

We will be moving to a much large, much better facility here by the end of the month. There may be a short down time (its only a 90mi drive) while being setup at the new facility, but we will not be turning anything off right up to the last minute.

Building acquired Smiley

I cant answer on the software but I can on the shipping. Looks like the boards should be done here within 48 hours, and then will be dispatched after a small amount of testing to AUS, and me in the US. At least from me, all boards will then be tested again (Not sure how long... suggestions?) and then immediatly shipped out same day via UPS Next Day/2nd Day air [depending on location]. As soon as we know the boards are done, we can give  concrete delivery.

I'd sample test say 1/10th of the boards for a few hours on testnet.  That'd be my recommendation

Yeah I can do that. *might* be able to live stream, or atleast upload a ton of pictures.
I will be shipping from MO. Middle of the country, and if your anywhere close to me Im ok with local pickup Smiley.

And I just want to say guys - Barn has been working very hard behind the screens to bring this all together... this stuff is immensely complex.

Here we are, on November 18th, and Matt still has his datacenter in Missouri at the second facility:

<snip>

This is why I went from garage > warehouse > bigger warehouse. Heat is nuts.

Shenzhen, China    11/26/2013    8:05 P.M.   Departure Scan

Yea, but do the thumbs have any tracking info?  When you get the board delivery after a quick run though where are they coming from for you. I seem to expect California.
No idea on the thumbs- thats all Barn.
I will be shipping out from Central MO.

Does anyone have any details regarding power consumption. The genesis block calculator says expected power usage per unit to be 2100 watts. I am afraid for me that's not going to work. To be honest I was expecting something that would work on a residential 120v circuit. They also do not offer any hosting yet unfortunately.

I got ya covered Tongue
But yeah that is kind of silly. Im glad when I put my new facility together I decided to say fuck it and got all 240v

November 26th, edited on the 28th, Matt Carson is still in Missouri at the second facility: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347732.msg3723600#msg3723600

bobsag3: Vetted Co-op member. World's lowest hosting fees for vetted miner hosting at a professional colocation hosting facility in Missouri!  Official Black Arrow US Reseller and US Distributor for Drillbit Systems. New Pres. of our Mining Operations arm of our LLC. Providing R19 and R19B miners to the GB Forum!

And still upgrading his second facility:

<snip>

No problem. Im having a 400A 240V pannel installed just for the 2kw+ miners that seem to be coming out.

On December 12, 2013, fresh back from China, Matt Carson posted the following... BTW, still located in Missiouri:

This makes no sense financially and if it's going to be hosted in a data center it should be using specialized GPU mining racks that can run more GPUs per motherboard/CPU.  You really need open racks and to use PCI-E riser ribbons if you want to build a GPU mining rig, using a desktop computer case makes no sense especially because heat is a huge issue with scrypt mining.  Also to be honest, scrypt mining is VERY finicky compared to SHA256 mining, you're talking about constant lockups and crashes if heat isn't perfectly controlled.  The amount of time that's going to go into keeping everything running is going to be much higher than with bitcoins and given how the Bitfury towers already caused a ton of problems I'm not sure the coop has enough manpower to keep racks of scrypt miners up and running.

The new facility comes with me also having hired 6 more people to help out. I am currently training them right now.

On December 13, Matt Carson hired additional staff to work at his Missouri-based datacenter, to date not mentioning Denver even once.

<snip>

I am working with them right now for me to help with their tickets, so we can get the response time much faster. I have hired additional staff that start work here in a few weeks, and I know they are working hard to improve their systems.

I cant speak on the refunds unfortunately, I am still discussing the options with them.

Four hours later, Matt mentions for the first the move to Denver, right after somebody ask about local pickup since he lives in KC. Did his new hires move to Denver with him?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=288012

We are all moved into the new place, lots of updates and pictures to come!

BUILDING #3:

Somewhere in Colorado, in some warehouse with 16-18 foot ceilings, ideally well-suited for bitcoin miners that love fiberglass dust sourced from the exposed insulation in the ceilings and walls, blown free from the constantly moving vortex of air due to the industrial-sized air conditioning unit(s). Whatever you do, don't open up that massive overhead door that's probably not well-sealed, otherwise you'll really have the dust a flying.

This has been the third time you're on record in stating that you only moved once. Care to try for a forth time?

~TMIBTCITW
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:07:24 PM

I am thankful Texas has laws like the Stand Your Ground and Castle (Which to lazy to look but actually is in multiple states) so when you have "public knowledge" types spamming your info everywhere.  Because for just as many people who see it for the right reason the others see it for the wrong.  And nothings more of a buzz kill is when someone breaks in and all that is heard is a tick and the sound of 300 blackout sub sonic round hitting something.  Truly a beautiful round for varmints at night.  Smiley

As much as I dislike PG's spam, name calling, random post quoting, etc. he does try to protect other bitcoin users but it gets to a way beyond excessive point.  The fact you went after a misspelling in regards to him going to college was hands down the worst thing you could go after to prove a point.  You are 51 years old? and spamming threads with basically copy/paste of every post you have made so far; you for one then really should really lay off showing what a degree does.  Regardless if you have $550k worth of bitcoins (according to a post you made, 1100btc = 550k?) it does not show you are any more intellectual when all you do is bring up the same fact every other post.  

PG you have made your point and I've seen in other threads where you make a point and it is understood.  Why hit the repeat button for 50 pages because the only skin it's getting under is other users not BA.
Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:48:28 PM

Guys, let's get serious... there is a > 90% probability in my opinion that we will see additional delays. These guys are not pros like the KNC/OrSoc team and the chance of them being able to get everything right on the first try is quite small. Not zero mind you, they might get lucky... Sorry to be such a downer here but if you honestly believe they will deliver on April 30/May 1st you're likely to suffer another disappointment.

The good news is that by that time we've all probably moved on to the acceptance phase so this will not come as a shock anymore... two months will work wonders, you'll see!  Grin

The lesson I think we've learned from the whole Prospero project is to just buy KNC instead, always.

Even if they deliver April 30th, batch 1 has already been taken for too much of a ride to tolerate any repeat business. Unless I see actual evidence that the original batch 1 delivery target was based on anything at all except marketing, there is really no reason to think otherwise.

yup.  that Feb delivery date seemed so much smoke and mirrors.  and they're telling batch 2, and anyone dumb enough to place an order now, that batch 2 will be on time.  all is just hunky dory, just as it was all through December and the majority of January.  uh huh. 

it's like watching a meeting of the senile liar's club.

Who's turn was it to bring the chips?  Artie, you got the chips?  No, I thought Chuck wss getting the chips.  Holy crap, no-one got the chips?  We do need the fucking chips.

Shit, well, no biggie we can still watch that new movie with Tom wassisname.  He turns into a rocketman that flies up Nicole Kidman's hoochiecoochie and a bag of jelly beans falls out.  Total mass hysteria when the local kids start scrambling for the coochie beans.

Sounds like a plan.

now who's got the chips?
goozman96

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:58:44 AM

That's gonna be a problem since they need to be next to a router to work, right? I'm trying to think how I can have the two machines near a router, but plugged into different circuits...

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
goozman96

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:16:14 AM

That's gonna be a problem since they need to be next to a router to work, right? I'm trying to think how I can have the two machines near a router, but plugged into different circuits...

Long ethernet cables?
That'll be messy and it'll probably get in the way. But seems like the only real option, I guess.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:23:23 AM

Freak.

Just when we get some updates from BA, PG hogs up the page again.

Thanks alot, spammer!

Why don't you find something big and rough and stick it up your ass, while I continue to expose the characters that Black Arrow opts to surround themselves with. BTW, fuckface, I did the same thing on Hashfast's thread, and look where they are now. Perhaps, you even ordered from AMT.
OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 01:24:05 AM

Long ethernet cables?
That'll be messy and it'll probably get in the way. But seems like the only real option, I guess.

It's brutal.

Another complete lack of care and concern for customers.

I wonder if they'll find any more ways to ruin the product experience, BA seem to be good at that.

Undecided

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 01:54:13 AM

Aaaaand, PG back on ignore. Every once in a while I have to peek, then my eyes start bleeding and I regret it.

Matt, I'm here in Colorado, just north of Denver and am a developer. PM if you want another set of eyes on the database.

I'd also like to arrange pickup once the machines come in.

Breaks my heart, Show-Me-State/Mile-HIGH-City-State dude.

Also, have you preordered it yet? I'm trying to preorder it and the website is saying they don't ship to the US.  I'm not able to complete the checkout due to the shipping address I entered.

Yes, but I ordered from MinerSource.net. They're located not far from me in St. Louis.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=186525

Name:   TinkerTom
Activity:   42
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   December 10, 2013, 03:13:57 PM
Last Active:   Today at 06:09:51 PM
MSN:   
YIM:   
Email:   hidden
Current Status:   Offline Offline
Bitcoin address:   1D52Dta6KaA79qWEkaW3EdovV65EGhVY1C
Local Time:   February 26, 2014, 06:44:31 PM
Language:   
Trust:   0: -0 / +0(0)

Did you have your dick up Matt Carson's ass during the entire road trip when you moved, Tinker Bell?

Username   TinkerTom
Seller MinerSource
Order Number 97x
Payment Date 12/11/2013
Payment Type Wire
Type   X3
Quantity  2
Destination (Country)    USA
Date Received   

So, on Dec. 11, 2013, you didn't live that far from Matt Carson's operation, since both of you were living in Missouri at the time, but you opted to send a bank wire to his scammy ass, oppose to via Bitcoin or driving over to his warehouse and giving him cash (nonreversible like Bitcoin or a bank wire) over a hookah session.

It's a shame that I'm on ignore, for you'll never be able to read that I don't trust your fuckin' ass either, you piece of shit. BTW, I have nobody on ignore, for I don't play pussy games like that. (apologies to my friends who play such pussy games)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 02:23:01 AM

Freak.

Thanks alot, spammer!

Why don't you find something big and rough and stick it up your ass, while I continue to expose the characters that Black Arrow opts to surround themselves with. BTW, fuckface, I did the same thing on Hashfast's thread, and look where they are now. Perhaps, you even ordered from AMT.

PG, man do I like this guy's spunk!  (pun intended)   Cool   

I'll give you one thing, you're definitely persistent and diligent in your detective work, no matter how aimless and pointless it is.  A true "dick"!   Cheesy

So, would you go on record, right here, right now, and state that Matt Carson's warehouse story is correct and mine is a falsehood?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 02:26:40 AM

In looking at those pages, there are some similarities for sure, but I'd bet it's because they use the same CMS. If you view the page source you can see the exact same error strings, code structure and so forth. However, I'd guess this is most likely due to CMS than same company.

I'd say the main factor against this being a scam is that Bobsag3 went there and met the guys running Black Arrow. There are pics and video of loads of BitFury boards and at least one prototype of the Prospero (I think).

Also it looks like the scam cardreader company was in Romania, so doesn't really fit with this Chinese company.

Last, as jimmothy says, they seem to have shipped product. I'd guess (hope!) it's just the CMS.

Hey, Tinker Bell! You missed the memo from Black Arrow proving that they're the same company, and that Alex Sovu works at both of them, even to the point where all bank wires to Black Arrow where directed to a bank account owned by Alex Sovu.

It's a shame that I'm on ignore, for next time I discredit another ASIC-based Bitcoin miner company that you'll suck dick for, you'll miss them posts also.
goozman96

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:29:23 AM

Freak.

Thanks alot, spammer!

I'll give you one thing, you're definitely persistent and diligent in your detective work, no matter how aimless and pointless it is.  A true "dick"!   Cheesy

So, would you go on record, right here, right now, and state that Matt Carson's warehouse story is correct and mine is a falsehood?

I don't care if Matt Carson jacks off into a sock in Missouri or Colorado, as long as these miners ship from somewhere.

People obviously ordered equipment from Minersouce or Matt Carson as you like to call him (Antminers), not sure what point you're trying to make.
https://www.facebook.com/minersource/posts/437243643076294?stream_ref=10

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 02:30:15 AM

Freak.

Thanks alot, spammer!

I don't care if Matt Carson jacks off into a sock in Missouri or Colorado, as long as these miners ship from somewhere.

People obviously ordered equipment from Minersouce or Matt Carson as you like to call him (Antminers), not sure what point you're trying to make.

The point I'm trying to make is that Matt Carson is a liar.

Let's revisit Black Arrow's first trustworthy reseller, shall we?

From the desk of Bobsag3, a.k.a. Matt Carson, Black Arrow's first and #1 reseller for their miners.

<snip>

I never ended up moving to another warehouse in Rolla, just the one. We went right from small warehouse in rolla > denver warehouse in one move, early Jan.
We paid for every month, and if your in contact with who you should be to verify that kind of info, they will verify it. So yes, your blowing smoke up peoples asses.

And with that im done on the subject. I think people have seen im more than up front compared to most here- but lets stay on topic about BA, or about actual minersource orders.

Timeline of Matt Carson's datacenter locations. Originally posted in Black Arrow's self-moderated thread, but quickly deleted for being...wait for it..off-topic (and that I was trolling, so they claim). Black Arrow has proof that Matt Carson can NOT be trusted, but continue to use him as their official reseller in the US. If I were to use Tom Williams, of mybitcoin.com, as my official reseller for some product, stating that people change, would I be able to sell many product, Alex Sovu, of cardreaderfactory.com? Me, the asshole, no think so, yet...

BUILDING #1: Purchased the building, awaiting infrastructure.

Building was purchased today!
All the wiring and infrastructure equipment arrives tomorrow-Wednesday. Over 400lb. Poor UPS man

<snip>

Thanks- Ill be moving to a custom made facility here in under 3 weeks.

BUILDING #2: Moving to a better facility here (still in Missouri) located 90 miles away.

Major Update!

Major Update!

Building acquired Smiley

I cant answer on the software but I can on the shipping. Looks like the boards should be done here within 48 hours, and then will be dispatched after a small amount of testing to AUS, and me in the US. At least from me, all boards will then be tested again (Not sure how long... suggestions?) and then immediatly shipped out same day via UPS Next Day/2nd Day air [depending on location]. As soon as we know the boards are done, we can give  concrete delivery.

I'd sample test say 1/10th of the boards for a few hours on testnet.  That'd be my recommendation

Yeah I can do that. *might* be able to live stream, or atleast upload a ton of pictures.
I will be shipping from MO. Middle of the country, and if your anywhere close to me Im ok with local pickup Smiley.

And I just want to say guys - Barn has been working very hard behind the screens to bring this all together... this stuff is immensely complex.

Here we are, on November 18th, and Matt still has his datacenter in Missouri at the second facility:

<snip>

This is why I went from garage > warehouse > bigger warehouse. Heat is nuts.

Shenzhen, China    11/26/2013    8:05 P.M.   Departure Scan

Yea, but do the thumbs have any tracking info?  When you get the board delivery after a quick run though where are they coming from for you. I seem to expect California.
No idea on the thumbs- thats all Barn.
I will be shipping out from Central MO.

Does anyone have any details regarding power consumption. The genesis block calculator says expected power usage per unit to be 2100 watts. I am afraid for me that's not going to work. To be honest I was expecting something that would work on a residential 120v circuit. They also do not offer any hosting yet unfortunately.

I got ya covered Tongue
But yeah that is kind of silly. Im glad when I put my new facility together I decided to say fuck it and got all 240v

November 26th, edited on the 28th, Matt Carson is still in Missouri at the second facility: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347732.msg3723600#msg3723600

bobsag3: Vetted Co-op member. World's lowest hosting fees for vetted miner hosting at a professional colocation hosting facility in Missouri!  Official Black Arrow US Reseller and US Distributor for Drillbit Systems. New Pres. of our Mining Operations arm of our LLC. Providing R19 and R19B miners to the GB Forum!

And still upgrading his second facility:

<snip>

No problem. Im having a 400A 240V pannel installed just for the 2kw+ miners that seem to be coming out.

On December 12, 2013, fresh back from China, Matt Carson posted the following... BTW, still located in Missiouri:

This makes no sense financially and if it's going to be hosted in a data center it should be using specialized GPU mining racks that can run more GPUs per motherboard/CPU.  You really need open racks and to use PCI-E riser ribbons if you want to build a GPU mining rig, using a desktop computer case makes no sense especially because heat is a huge issue with scrypt mining.  Also to be honest, scrypt mining is VERY finicky compared to SHA256 mining, you're talking about constant lockups and crashes if heat isn't perfectly controlled.  The amount of time that's going to go into keeping everything running is going to be much higher than with bitcoins and given how the Bitfury towers already caused a ton of problems I'm not sure the coop has enough manpower to keep racks of scrypt miners up and running.

The new facility comes with me also having hired 6 more people to help out. I am currently training them right now.

On December 13, Matt Carson hired additional staff to work at his Missouri-based datacenter, to date not mentioning Denver even once.

<snip>

I am working with them right now for me to help with their tickets, so we can get the response time much faster. I have hired additional staff that start work here in a few weeks, and I know they are working hard to improve their systems.

I cant speak on the refunds unfortunately, I am still discussing the options with them.

Four hours later, Matt mentions for the first the move to Denver, right after somebody ask about local pickup since he lives in KC. Did his new hires move to Denver with him?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=288012

We are all moved into the new place, lots of updates and pictures to come!

BUILDING #3:

Somewhere in Colorado, in some warehouse with 16-18 foot ceilings, ideally well-suited for bitcoin miners that love fiberglass dust sourced from the exposed insulation in the ceilings and walls, blown free from the constantly moving vortex of air due to the industrial-sized air conditioning unit(s). Whatever you do, don't open up that massive overhead door that's probably not well-sealed, otherwise you'll really have the dust a flying.

This has been the third time you're on record in stating that you only moved once. Care to try for a forth time?

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 02:40:56 AM

Freak.

Thanks alot, spammer!

http://texasbitcoinconference.com/sponsors

So, Matt Carson paid $10,000 for Miner Source to be a Bronze Sponsor at the Austin conference next week, eh. We already know he'll proudly be displaying Black Arrow's banner in his booth. Not bad for a hookah-token lying piece of shit.
goozman96

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:41:34 AM

Two easy solutions come to mind. Easiest is a 50 foot Cat 5 cable, next is to link two routers via wifi.
That one requires some tweaking, but I've done it. Not a huge deal either way.

Or just use your dryer circuit Smiley Who needs dry clothes?
Well these are gonna be running in an apartment (with free electricity) and the dryers are on a different floor. I'm not too sure on the wiring. I already have a 500w PSU tower in the room next to the router.

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 02:51:37 AM

Freak.

Thanks alot, spammer!

http://texasbitcoinconference.com/sponsors

So, Matt Carson paid $10,000 for Miner Source to be a Bronze Sponsor at the Austin conference next week, eh. We already know he'll proudly be displaying Black Arrow's banner in his booth. Not bad for a hookah-token lying piece of shit.

What's wrong with hookah's?

Hey PG, last one for you today as I don't want you to keep derailing this thread off topic.

Please tell me your detective sense can tell us all what warehouse this is in Missouri or Colorado, so we can nab these crooked liars finally!

Ooh, look at those shiny stickers!  Are those Antminers!  (Drool)

Anyways, I'm not a shill for them, as I don't care if Minersource succeeds as a reseller or not.  If anything they've actually shipped things in their control, as most of the buyers can attest.

If anything your ire should be pointed at BA to make sure they stay on point on this project, and don't rip us off with cardreaders.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 02:52:18 AM

Aaaaand, PG back on ignore. Every once in a while I have to peek, then my eyes start bleeding and I regret it.

Matt, I'm here in Colorado, just north of Denver and am a developer. PM if you want another set of eyes on the database.

I'd also like to arrange pickup once the machines come in.

Breaks my heart, Show-Me-State/Mile-HIGH-City-State dude.

Also, have you preordered it yet? I'm trying to preorder it and the website is saying they don't ship to the US.  I'm not able to complete the checkout due to the shipping address I entered.

Yes, but I ordered from MinerSource.net. They're located not far from me in St. Louis.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=186525

Name:   TinkerTom
Activity:   42
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   December 10, 2013, 03:13:57 PM
Last Active:   Today at 06:09:51 PM
MSN:   
YIM:   
Email:   hidden
Current Status:   Offline Offline
Bitcoin address:   1D52Dta6KaA79qWEkaW3EdovV65EGhVY1C
Local Time:   February 26, 2014, 06:44:31 PM
Language:   
Trust:   0: -0 / +0(0)

Did you have your dick up Matt Carson's ass during the entire road trip when you moved, Tinker Bell?

Username   TinkerTom
Seller MinerSource
Order Number 97x
Payment Date 12/11/2013
Payment Type Wire

Type   X3
Quantity  2
Destination (Country)    USA
Date Received   

So, on Dec. 11, 2013, you didn't live that far from Matt Carson's operation, since both of you were living in Missouri at the time, but you opted to send a bank wire to his scammy ass, oppose to via Bitcoin or driving over to his warehouse and giving him cash (nonreversible like Bitcoin or a bank wire) over a hookah session.

It's a shame that I'm on ignore, for you'll never be able to read that I don't trust your fuckin' ass either, you piece of shit. BTW, I have nobody on ignore, for I don't play pussy games like that. (apologies to my friends who play such pussy games)

Hey, Tinker Bell. Care to explain how YOU were able to pay via bank wire to Matt Carson when in fact he didn't accept such during the time in question?

http://web.archive.org/web/20131206110923/http://www.minersource.net/

Recent News

Paying with Bitcoin
Currently, we only accept payments in Bitcoin. Upon checkout you will recieve a …

Credit Card Payments Ending
After being dropped by two Credit Card processors, and Paypal, we can no longer …

Bitcoin Payment Method - LIVE
We are finally glad to announce that we are accepting Bitoin! Prices in the …
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: