Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:38:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [~1000 GH/sec] BTC Guild - 0% Fee Pool, LP, SSL, Full Precision, and More  (Read 379025 times)
brunoshady

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

Dubs Get

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 07:13:21 PM

I'm getting to much idles on my miner... it's normal?

using the us.btcguild server

😆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:12:48 AM

Tomorrow afternoon I will be switching pools over to difficulty 2 shares.  I will also be changing the way the pools are handled until I can work getting multiple servers in a single datacenter to do -real- load balancing (2+ pool servers behind a frontend that relays connections to the pools).

I'm posting this on the website as well:

PLEASE POINT YOUR MINERS TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
    uswest.btcguild.com
    useast.btcguild.com
    nl.btcguild.com
    uk.btcguild.com

Miners pointed at btcguild.com will be forced into one of the new servers I'm putting up.  Miners pointed at eu or us.btcguild.com will be forced to another server.  This will likely overload a node until people move to a proper URL.  After 48 hours I will be removing the eu and us sub-domains, and eventually the generic btcguild.com will point to a web-only server and not work as a pool host.

The pool will remain this way until a proper server cluster is setup at one of our hosts that will allow the setup I spoke about at the start of this post.

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
TurdHurdur

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:49:22 AM

Doubling the difficulty?! CPU miners need not apply. Tongue
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:53:57 AM

CPU miners can still handle difficulty 2 shares in a reasonable time, and they'll be worth twice as much.  It will increase the variance for them a bit, but in the long run it will average out.  The pool would have to get an average block solve time of under 15 minutes (which would require over 50% of the network if difficulty was roughly accurate, and I won't allow the pool to reach that level even if the users tried) before it could really hurt a CPU miner.  That is the point where some CPU miners would have a hard time getting a single share completed before the next long poll.

tito13kfm

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:55:16 AM

(which would require over 50% of the network if difficulty was roughly accurate, and I won't allow the pool to reach that level even if the users tried).

Thank you
russelljohnson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:56:27 AM

Sorry, what's difficulty 2 shares?

If you've found my post helpful, send me some bitcoins!
1FkGxXmesGbhoFewYGrtNEmifzwvNaNCXH
TurdHurdur

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:10:39 AM

CPU miners can still handle difficulty 2 shares in a reasonable time, and they'll be worth twice as much.  It will increase the variance for them a bit, but in the long run it will average out.  The pool would have to get an average block solve time of under 15 minutes (which would require over 50% of the network if difficulty was roughly accurate, and I won't allow the pool to reach that level even if the users tried) before it could really hurt a CPU miner.  That is the point where some CPU miners would have a hard time getting a single share completed before the next long poll.
A counter to [Tycho]'s Laissez-faire strategy, nice.

I actually guessed those subdomains and found useast had the lowest ping times for me, if you expect more turbulence, perhaps I should get to coding something to keep my miners on the best server.
IamFuzzles

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 06:54:01 AM

uswest.btcguild.com
    useast.btcguild.com
    nl.btcguild.com
    uk.btcguild.com

How do we do this if we're using guiminer?
hiVe

Activity: 254

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 07:00:31 AM

uswest.btcguild.com
    useast.btcguild.com
    nl.btcguild.com
    uk.btcguild.com

You setup your own "other" miner, in which case you're given a option to configure almost every aspect of your mining session.
There you specify the server details [the server you're connecting to] and use one of the above option is you're planing to mine on BTCguild.

Im not at home so unfortunately I cannot post a screen guide.

▄  ▄
             ▄█▌  ▐█▄
            ███    ███▄
          ▄████    ████▄
        ▄██████▌  ▐██████▄
       ▄████████  ████████▄
      ███████▀▀    ▀▀███████
    ▄███████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
   ▄███████▌   ▀██▀   ▐███████▄
  █████▀▀                ▀▀█████
 ███▀▀      ▄██▄▄▄▄██▄      ▀▀███
▀▀       ▄▄████████████▄▄       ▀▀
    ▄▄▄████████████████████▄▄▄   
▄████████████████████████████████▄

▄██████████████      ▄▄████████▄▄            ▄█▄          ▐█████████████▄ 
▐██▀                ▄███▀▀    ▀▀███▄         ▄███▄         ▐██        ▀▀███
███                ▐██▀          ▀██▌       ▄██▀██▄        ▐██          ▐██▌
▀███▄▄    ▄▄▄▄     ██▌            ▐██      ▄██▀ ▀██▄       ▐██        ▄▄███
  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀███▄   ██▌            ▐██     ▄██▀   ▀██▄      ▐██    ▄▄█████▀ 
             ███   ▐██▄          ▄██▌    ▄██▀     ▀██▄     ▐██      ▀██▄   
            ▄██▌    ▀███▄▄    ▄▄███▀    ▄██▀       ▀██▄    ▐██        ███  
██████████████▀       ▀▀████████▀▀     ██████████▄  ▀███   ▐██         ▀██▄

World's 1st Fully Democratised
SUPER-MAP Using Drone Content
  / 
   FOR DRONE ENTHUSIAST  

▪ PRIVATE SALE REGISTRATION
  ▪ PUBLIC SALE: Sep 29th 2018

██████████████████            ██████████████████
       ███           ▄███▄           ▐███
       ▀████████████████████████████████▀
               ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
                    ▄█████▄
                  ███████████
              ▄▄████▀█████▀████▄▄
            ███▀▀    ▀███▀    ▀▀███
            ▐█         █         █▌
                      ▀█▀

JOIN THE PRESALE             
WHITEPAPER   PRIMER     TELEGRAM
TECHPAPER     TWITTER   MEDIUM

Live Demo
spyjai

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 07:10:01 AM

Had problems logging in as of now. It said password error. When I tried to reset my password it said username not found.
stellan0r

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Medical Translations for Bitcoins

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 07:21:17 AM

uswest.btcguild.com
    useast.btcguild.com
    nl.btcguild.com
    uk.btcguild.com

In your GUIMINER folder there is a file called "server.ini". Copy it to somewhere else on your computer (e.g. desktop), then open the copied file with a texteditor, search for the btc guild entry (it's the third in my file) and change the  "host": "btcguild.com"     to    "host": "XXX.btcguild.com"   where the xxx represent the subdomain like nl or uswest!
The close and end your guiminer, make a backup of the original server.ini in your guiminer folder, then copy the modified server.ini in your guiminer folder. Restart guiminer, should work!

Allgemeine Gesundheitsberatung gegen Bitcoin-Zahlung. Bei Fragen einfach eine PM schicken!
If you want to send a thank you: BTC "1PZJvKvarRviQRQWejpvXW2j4e1xbT8MZb"
spyjai

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 08:08:21 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2011, 10:19:35 AM by spyjai

URGENT NOTICE

When I tried logging in this morning to btcguild.com, I realised I couldn't do it. I then tried logging in mtgox.com as well with no success. I then tried logging in my gmail account which is tied to both mtgox and btcguild, and realised the password has been changed. I recovered my gmail password, which then I reset my btcguild.com password. When I log in to btcguild, I found that my email address has been changed (my prior email address with a "1" appended at the end of it, eg originally xyz@gmail.com became xyz1@gmail.com), as well as my payout address has been changed. Luckily, I had payout lockout enabled so the hacker could not retrieve the funds yet. As of this moment, I'm still unable to recover my mtgox account password. I've sent in a help request through the support forum to freeze all my assets asap and I'm now waiting for their reply.

I urge everyone to change their mtgox and/or btcguild passwords asap, there may be some security vulnerabilities in either of these sites or my computer. I'm not sure whether I've been hacked or what, but everyone please becareful.

edit:

I still cannot change my email address back to my original gmail account, because I cannot change my email address within 24 hours, that means the hacker could still have access to my account via the new email address to change passwords. eleuthria if you are able to read this please check your pm. I have sent you my account name. Please disable all payouts until further notice.

edit2:

The username and email I use for btc / mtgox are the same, although the passwords are different. The email also happens to be the same as the one used in this forum. I realised that I got hacked after I made a few posts on the bitcoin forums, I don't know whether the two are related.

edit3:

eleuthria, do you keep logs of the wallet ids that were changed? During the panic, I changed the wallet ID back to my own wallet without first noting down the wallet of the hacker. It would be useful to know the hacker's wallet id at least, to see if anyone else has been similarly hacked and had their bitcoins sent to that address.
zale

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:19:26 PM

URGENT NOTICE

When I tried logging in this morning to btcguild.com, I realised I couldn't do it. I then tried logging in mtgox.com as well with no success. I then tried logging in my gmail account which is tied to both mtgox and btcguild, and realised the password has been changed. I recovered my gmail password, which then I reset my btcguild.com password. When I log in to btcguild, I found that my email address has been changed (my prior email address with a "1" appended at the end of it, eg originally xyz@gmail.com became xyz1@gmail.com), as well as my payout address has been changed. Luckily, I had payout lockout enabled so the hacker could not retrieve the funds yet. As of this moment, I'm still unable to recover my mtgox account password. I've sent in a help request through the support forum to freeze all my assets asap and I'm now waiting for their reply.

I urge everyone to change their mtgox and/or btcguild passwords asap, there may be some security vulnerabilities in either of these sites or my computer. I'm not sure whether I've been hacked or what, but everyone please becareful.

edit:

I still cannot change my email address back to my original gmail account, because I cannot change my email address within 24 hours, that means the hacker could still have access to my account via the new email address to change passwords. eleuthria if you are able to read this please check your pm. I have sent you my account name. Please disable all payouts until further notice.

edit2:

The username and email I use for btc / mtgox are the same, although the passwords are different. The email also happens to be the same as the one used in this forum. I realised that I got hacked after I made a few posts on the bitcoin forums, I don't know whether the two are related.

edit3:

eleuthria, do you keep logs of the wallet ids that were changed? During the panic, I changed the wallet ID back to my own wallet without first noting down the wallet of the hacker. It would be useful to know the hacker's wallet id at least, to see if anyone else has been similarly hacked and had their bitcoins sent to that address.
How can so many people get hacked? Do you use passwords like 123 or what? Damn.
Nesetalis

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:26:23 PM

seems useast is having major problems? can't see what my account stats are on the site, and last night was filled with invalid shares and longpoll errors.

ZOMG Moo!
TheMoneyStorm

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:39:09 PM

I'm on useast and I'm not having any problems at all. I'm in florida so I'm fairly close to the server.
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:41:17 PM

URGENT NOTICE

I can tell you with full certainty that if anything was hacked, it was either at your email, or your computer itself.  Even if a security flaw were in BTC Guild's database, the hash retrieved for your password is strongly salted.  The salt cannot be retrieved without the person having shell access to the server, at which point they would certainly be going straight for the server's wallet, not users.  Even if the salted passwords were pulled from the database, they would be useless in trying to access another site like MtGox.

I'm adding a "Revert to Prior Email" option right now so you can force the server to restore your original email address.  I highly recommend you change your EMAIL PASSWORD if you haven't already.  Given the attacker hit multiple sites, that is the common weakness.

eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:44:06 PM

seems useast is having major problems? can't see what my account stats are on the site, and last night was filled with invalid shares and longpoll errors.

The problem was actually US West being unable to connect to the other servers (US East being top on the list).  It's been sorted out.  Moving the website off of the US West pool server is still a project I'm working on, but right now other issues have taken priority.

spyjai

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:49:41 PM

I can tell you with full certainty that if anything was hacked, it was either at your email, or your computer itself.  Even if a security flaw were in BTC Guild's database, the hash retrieved for your password is strongly salted.  The salt cannot be retrieved without the person having shell access to the server, at which point they would certainly be going straight for the server's wallet, not users.  Even if the salted passwords were pulled from the database, they would be useless in trying to access another site like MtGox.

I'm adding a "Revert to Prior Email" option right now so you can force the server to restore your original email address.  I highly recommend you change your EMAIL PASSWORD if you haven't already.  Given the attacker hit multiple sites, that is the common weakness.

Thanks. I just tried changing my email address but the same message popped up saying I need to wait 24 hours, perhaps the feature is not yet implemented. Yes, I think you are quite right with my email being the common weakness. I've since resetted my email pw and added secondary verification through cellphone text message to be able to login. It's more likely that I've been hit by a trojan/keylogger, but seeing that I did not visit any dodgey websites, I guess that I've been attacked via IP.
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:05:23 PM

Thanks. I just tried changing my email address but the same message popped up saying I need to wait 24 hours, perhaps the feature is not yet implemented. Yes, I think you are quite right with my email being the common weakness. I've since resetted my email pw and added secondary verification through cellphone text message to be able to login. It's more likely that I've been hit by a trojan/keylogger, but seeing that I did not visit any dodgey websites, I guess that I've been attacked via IP.

There is now a link titled "Reset to Prior Email" next to the change email button.

BitMinerN8

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 07:40:09 PM

@eleuthria, I know your busy with a ton of stuff. Just an FYI in case you did not know. Currently for me "Workers" that are tagged as hidden on the Worker Management page are showing up under the Worker Summary on the My Account page.  Lips sealed
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 159 »
  Print  

Jump to: