Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:41:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate islam?  (Read 220954 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:28:51 PM

There is no compulsion in Islam. People are free to accept or reject Islam.

I doubt it. People are free to accept Islam, but they can't reject it. In almost all of the Muslim nations, apostasy is punishable by death. Even in progressive nations such as Egypt and Malaysia, Muslim converts to other religions are immediately handed the death sentence. Turkey might be a notable exception to this.

Well, there is not any rule in Islam which tells to kill a person if he/she converts from Islam to other religion.

You are absolutely right about this. Nobody can coerce another into converting to Islam. The choice is entirely theirs.

If a Christian decides that he wants to remain alive rather than remain a Christian, that is his choice.

Grin

Keep spreading FUD! Undecided

You have been attacking Islam for long to achieve your primary goal. How's it going? Did anybody accept Christianity?

I sympathize with you. I don't like people picking on my religion, either.

My question is your sincerity. Since I don't know you personally, how do I know you are sincere? The thing that throws a lot of doubt on your sincerity is, all the words right in the Quran and Hadiths that contradict the peaceful things that you are saying.

If you are truly peaceful, continue to be so. But if you are trying to trick others into believing you are peaceful when you are not... well, that's the thing that I am trying to show people about. That you might NOT be peaceful. That you might be trying to trick people.

You seem to be firm in your peace beliefs, right in the face of the strong evidence that shows Islam to be violent. How can anyone be convinced of your sincerity this way? It looks like you are trying to hide the truth from people. Are you? Or are you simply stubborn (as we all are)?

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 11:09:12 AM

I doubt it. People are free to accept Islam, but they can't reject it. In almost all of the Muslim nations, apostasy is punishable by death. Even in progressive nations such as Egypt and Malaysia, Muslim converts to other religions are immediately handed the death sentence. Turkey might be a notable exception to this.

Well, there is not any rule in Islam which tells to kill a person if he/she converts from Islam to other religion.

You are absolutely right about this. Nobody can coerce another into converting to Islam. The choice is entirely theirs.

If a Christian decides that he wants to remain alive rather than remain a Christian, that is his choice.

Grin

You have been attacking Islam for long to achieve your primary goal. How's it going? Did anybody accept Christianity?

My question is your sincerity. Since I don't know you personally, how do I know you are sincere? The thing that throws a lot of doubt on your sincerity is, all the words right in the Quran and Hadiths that contradict the peaceful things that you are saying.

If you are truly peaceful, continue to be so. But if you are trying to trick others into believing you are peaceful when you are not... well, that's the thing that I am trying to show people about. That you might NOT be peaceful. That you might be trying to trick people.

You seem to be firm in your peace beliefs, right in the face of the strong evidence that shows Islam to be violent. How can anyone be convinced of your sincerity this way? It looks like you are trying to hide the truth from people. Are you? Or are you simply stubborn (as we all are)?

Smiley

I have said many times that there are grammars and Arabic to English conversations are sometimes wrong. The verses you quote from the disinformation-spreading website(aka religionofpeace.com) are out of context verses or have different meaning. They are twisting... I know you won't believe this and won't like to investigate. No offence. Good luck!

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:05:11 PM

Grin

Smiley

I have said many times that there are grammars and Arabic to English conversations are sometimes wrong. The verses you quote from the disinformation-spreading website(aka religionofpeace.com) are out of context verses or have different meaning. They are twisting... I know you won't believe this and won't like to investigate. No offence. Good luck!

From "the maze of disingenuous (often blatantly false) claims about Islam and its history."
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Games-Muslims-Play.htm#islamnotviolent

“If Islam were a violent religion, then all Muslims would be violent.”
“Other religions kill, too.”
Muhammad preached 'no compulsion in religion' (Qur'an: 2:256)
The Crusades
“Muhammad never killed anyone.”
The Qur'an Teaches that all Life is Sacred (Qur'an 5:32)
"Muslims only kill in self-defense.”
The million dollar wager that "Holy War" isn't in the Qur'an.
"Verses of violence are taken out of context."
"Islam must be true, because it is the world’s fastest growing religion."
"The Qur'an can only be understood in Arabic."
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:50:06 PM

every religion has its obnoxious followers and its extremists. We must learn to see past this.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:06:54 PM

every religion has its obnoxious followers and its extremists. We must learn to see past this.

I have. And what you see on the other side of that seething cauldron of hate, xenophobia, and wretchedness is ....
Nothing.

Let's face it. The people we call "extremists" are generally those who adhere the most closely to their religion. Any religion. If you have the ability to reason and access to history, then you KNOW that all religions are false.  But that flies in the face of WANT, so we continue to have religion. For the majority in the West, it's a comforting fairy tale that they don't really push that hard. That's fairly recent. And fairly local.

Religion is a deliberately divisive force, designed from the ground up to make people dance to the tune of some psychopath who "talks to god" and is charismatic enough to make some idiots believe him.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 02:51:53 PM

Grin

Smiley

From "the maze of disingenuous (often blatantly false) claims about Islam and its history."
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Games-Muslims-Play.htm#islamnotviolent

“If Islam were a violent religion, then all Muslims would be violent.”
“Other religions kill, too.”
Muhammad preached 'no compulsion in religion' (Qur'an: 2:256)
The Crusades
“Muhammad never killed anyone.”
The Qur'an Teaches that all Life is Sacred (Qur'an 5:32)
"Muslims only kill in self-defense.”
The million dollar wager that "Holy War" isn't in the Qur'an.
"Verses of violence are taken out of context."
"Islam must be true, because it is the world’s fastest growing religion."
"The Qur'an can only be understood in Arabic."

What does that do? I said you that website spreads disinformation. Anyway, it's your choice whether to believe that disinformation or not and you are free to do so. It's very bad when people deliberately do such things.

eeeeek

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:10:31 PM

I don't  hate Islam per se .... In my book it's exactly the same as any other religion. They annoy me all equally. Believing the world was created for you speaks volumes of the ignorance and arrogance of the people who buy into those doctrines. That's what I hate .... the stupidity of it all.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:27:21 PM

I don't  hate Islam per se .... In my book it's exactly the same as any other religion. They annoy me all equally. Believing the world was created for you speaks volumes of the ignorance and arrogance of the people who buy into those doctrines. That's what I hate .... the stupidity of it all.

This.
I admire and envy people like you that can sum up so well Tongue
eeeeek

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 06:31:36 PM

This.

I am assuming you are being sarcastic, since you chose to end your comment with a tongue.

However, summarizing and boiling down to a single point is (in my humble opinion anyway) the only way to get your message across to the average person with a 6 second attention span.
Not to mention there's no convincing the devout... so ... there's no point in me spending any more energy on being eloquent than I absolutely have to.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:03:28 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2015, 08:12:55 PM by Spendulus

I don't  hate Islam per se .... In my book it's exactly the same as any other religion. They annoy me all equally. Believing the world was created for you speaks volumes of the ignorance and arrogance of the people who buy into those doctrines. That's what I hate .... the stupidity of it all.

This.

Except they are not all the same.  Look at the following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dKdBlKgquw

This is the singer, Sinead O'Conner, ripping up a picture of the Catholic Pope as a protest against sexual abuse in the Catholic Church in 1992.  

We could say it was roughly similar to cartooning Mohammed.

People were outraged at her doing this.  

But you know what?  Nobody came after her with AK47s or tried to cut her head off.

So, much as I would like to agree "it's exactly the same as any other religion," well, no it isn't.
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:23:37 PM

But you know what?  Nobody came after her with AK47s or tried to cut her head off.
So, much as I would like to agree "it's exactly the same as any other religion," well, no it isn't.

The more primitive and barbaric the religion, the more violent the behavior.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
eeeeek

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:34:34 PM

I don't  hate Islam per se .... In my book it's exactly the same as any other religion. They annoy me all equally. Believing the world was created for you speaks volumes of the ignorance and arrogance of the people who buy into those doctrines. That's what I hate .... the stupidity of it all.

This.

This is the singer, Sinead O'Conner, ripping up a picture of the Catholic Pope as a protest against sexual abuse in the Catholic Church in 1992.  

You are confusing the followers with the religion ... the religion does not commit violence, it's followers do. Religions are just memes/ideas ... incredibly ignorant ones .. That's where they are equals Wink
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:58:14 PM

This.

You are confusing the followers with the religion ... the religion does not commit violence, it's followers do. Religions are just memes/ideas ... incredibly ignorant ones .. That's where they are equals Wink

I think this is an error on your part - although others have mentioned this.  If what you say is true, then a verdict of death by a jury, and the subsequent court order for a person to hang, are not actions by the court, or the state, or the country.  They are just words on dead paper. 

Only the people that carry out the orders are committing violence.

From another point of view, you are likely wrong.  Christians have told me that Christianity is not words in a book, but something that one must live - they say it resides within them.  This is the way they separate their faith from human institutions such as churches, dogma, and so forth.  They are very sincere about this (I am an atheist, just so you know).  They separate their religion, and their personal practice of it, from the institutions.

But to support the view you express requires the exact opposite, and I don't think that can be possible.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 09:13:11 AM

This.

I am assuming you are being sarcastic, since you chose to end your comment with a tongue.

However, summarizing and boiling down to a single point is (in my humble opinion anyway) the only way to get your message across to the average person with a 6 second attention span.
Not to mention there's no convincing the devout... so ... there's no point in me spending any more energy on being eloquent than I absolutely have to.

For once, I wasn't being sarcastic. I tend to overanalyze practically everything and spew forth a great many words. Guys like you that can boil that down to a couple of sentences make me a bit jealous. And I just like this smiley Tongue To me it has always seemed more like "tongue hangin' out" than sticking out your tongue. I attribute this to being old.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 09:14:57 AM

This.

It's just a "time in service" thing. Take it back a few hundred years, and you have Joan of Arc being burned at the stake for FAR less offense. Islam has a seven hundred year deficit in their body count and civility. Christianity lost it's teeth during the reformation. Go back 700 years and see what you see.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 12:02:09 PM

This.

It's just a "time in service" thing. Take it back a few hundred years, and you have Joan of Arc being burned at the stake for FAR less offense. Islam has a seven hundred year deficit in their body count and civility. Christianity lost it's teeth during the reformation. Go back 700 years and see what you see.
Joan of Arc wasn't exactly a little angel. 

Moral equivalency can't be achieved by comparing yesterday's Christianity to today's Islam.

Also, I don't see Buddhists going around cutting heads off.

Therefore, an argument that "they are all the same" obscures the truth, rather than revealing it.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 12:08:06 PM

This.

Except they are not all the same.  Look at the following.

But you know what?  Nobody came after her with AK47s or tried to cut her head off.

Moral equivalency can't be achieved by comparing yesterday's Christianity to today's Islam.

Therefore, an argument that "they are all the same" obscures the truth, rather than revealing it.

Better to say Christians and Muslims not Christianity and Islam.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 06:01:44 PM

This.

But you know what?  Nobody came after her with AK47s or tried to cut her head off.

... "and ye shall know a thing by it's fruits"....
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:51:13 PM

This.

LOL...

Well that's a pretty good short comeback, I'd say.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 05:14:42 AM

This.

I haven't seen you here but I liked that! +10. Grin

Well, they are fruits only if they are following rules which they aren't.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: