Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:15:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate islam?  (Read 220954 times)
barbara44

Activity: 2408
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 08:47:26 AM

i don't think people hates this religion , but if that is , it's because of those terrorism, bombings, and being aggressive when it comes to war or chaos . but i know not all muslims are doing that because people in any religion can do the same not just muslims .
some people who do not like Islam would tell that Islam was a terrorist so they expect with that will many who hate Islam. sometimes when i'm alone have a think much better if we do not believe in any religion and allied with lucifer Cheesy 666
We have developed the mindset that the islam gives support to terrorism throgh the consant negative reports from the
media. The media makes us look Islam is negative way through manipulated news to create the enemy image in the society.
yes it is a fact and there is no doubt about this. people do not hate Islam. Islam is a peaceful religion. and according to a survey in the world the most must people are accepting Islam in the world as compare to other religions. they why are people accepting Islam. Because its a peaceful religion.
But, I think only muslim find Islam peaceful.  There is some problem with almost every religion in this world. The religious people are not willing to hear it. I don't mean to say Islam is bad either. There 1.7 billion Muslims in world and if Islam was bad the world would have been a horrible place.

All religions preach peace but people of different religion can't live in peace. That's how our society is.. Islam is portrayed mostly in negative way in the media.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:14:54 PM

But, I think only muslim find Islam peaceful.  ....

Most of the atrocities of Muslims are toward other Muslims....
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 12:50:46 PM

I am here to just say one thing? Why do YOU hate islam? and you should really give a valid reason not a shitty one that says 'Because media'
and Yes, I am a muslim for those who ask, just tell me, come out of your shell and say why you HATE it, and I could be here to clarify things to you.
Also here is something that most people mistake about islam is that "Islam hates other religions" for this I say, Islam does not hate ANY religion, but it suggests to 'invite' them to islam, as slowly, and peacefully, even if they refuse, you can try and try, until it's their choice, you stop. and for all the wars that happened, it's because the other religions decided to come into war on Islam.

If you need anything clarified, I am here to answer you, don't be scared, I won't be offended by anyone, also haters, you can reply, I won't care Wink
I don't hate islam. i don't hate any religion.i hate the extremists  who mess up the life of the people.As long as you don't mess with me then i won't have a reason to hate you too. Atheist over here.
You're point of view is correct,islam isn't wrong actually,the problem are extremist who are in it.
in fact there are a lot of extremist's in islam,but i guess it is because it is pretty new religion,comparing it to the other one's.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 01:03:05 PM

i don't think people hates this religion , but if that is , it's because of those terrorism, bombings, and being aggressive when it comes to war or chaos . but i know not all muslims are doing that because people in any religion can do the same not just muslims .
some people who do not like Islam would tell that Islam was a terrorist so they expect with that will many who hate Islam. sometimes when i'm alone have a think much better if we do not believe in any religion and allied with lucifer Cheesy 666
We have developed the mindset that the islam gives support to terrorism throgh the consant negative reports from the
media. The media makes us look Islam is negative way through manipulated news to create the enemy image in the society.
yes it is a fact and there is no doubt about this. people do not hate Islam. Islam is a peaceful religion. and according to a survey in the world the most must people are accepting Islam in the world as compare to other religions. they why are people accepting Islam. Because its a peaceful religion.
But, I think only muslim find Islam peaceful.  There is some problem with almost every religion in this world. The religious people are not willing to hear it. I don't mean to say Islam is bad either. There 1.7 billion Muslims in world and if Islam was bad the world would have been a horrible place.

All religions preach peace but people of different religion can't live in peace. That's how our society is.. Islam is portrayed mostly in negative way in the media.

I thoroughly disagree. It is my contention, rather, that humans are generally able to socialize and be decent in spite of religion. Most religions have elements of xenophobia, hatred, dehumanization of the 'other', etc. Almost all claim to be the only truth, and specify violent resistance to any counterclaim or argument. Islam, currently, is worse about this than most others, but they weren't always. Christianity's flag was the bloodiest for millennia. If your religion says it's alright or mandatory to kill for it's beliefs, then even it's creators don't believe it fully.

edited for typos Cheesy
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 02:06:50 PM

I thoroughly disagree. It is my contention, rather, that humans are generally able to socialize and be decent in spite of religion. Most religions have elements of xenophobia, hatred, dehumanization of the 'other', etc. Almost all claim to be the only truth, and specify violent resistance to any counterclaim or argument. Islam, currently, is worse about this than most others, but they weren't always. Christianity's flag was the bloodiest for millennia. If your religion says it's alright or mandatory to kill for it's beliefs, then even it's creators don't believe it fully.

edited for typos Cheesy
One way to approach this question is to look at what are some of the absolute worst places in the world to live, and then ask what religions predominate there.
nururochac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 02:18:54 PM

Muslims don't want to open their eyes that their religion is not as peaceful as they thought. IF they just let themselves think freely then they will see how cruel other people use their religion as a way to hurt others that that they think are infidels.
escrowboy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 03:46:30 PM

edited for typos Cheesy
One way to approach this question is to look at what are some of the absolute worst places in the world to live, and then ask what religions predominate there.
I agree. Why not we try to go on Afghanistan or atleast in Saudi Arabia and try to not obey on what is written on their Qur'An and see yourself if it will not hurt or maybe the worst kill you.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:00:18 PM

edited for typos Cheesy

Much of the middle east: Islam. Much of South America and Central Africa: Catholicism.

Taking it a bit further, look at the best places to live, and I think it likely you will find that NO religion holds all that much sway in the culture.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 09:30:23 PM

Much of the middle east: Islam. Much of South America and Central Africa: Catholicism.

Taking it a bit further, look at the best places to live, and I think it likely you will find that NO religion holds all that much sway in the culture.

I will betcha that holds true for "the best places to live."

I think Islam is big in South Africa, but I never saw much anyone care about or show any interest in religion down there.  I am certain the churches were all packed on Sundays, of course.  Maybe that's a social thing.

So you are correct.  It's not the PRESENCE of religion/religions, but the degree of SERIOUSNESS that they are taken.  One of the more glaring examples of this is when the Muslim objects to being told he's in a violent belief set, he says "But your old Testament says kill, kill, kill" and we answer "Yeah, but we don't pay any attention to that, dude."

Some things like that are hard to comprehend.  Why and how can something be believed, but not that seriously.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:07:59 PM

I agree. Why not we try to go on Afghanistan or atleast in Saudi Arabia and try to not obey on what is written on their Qur'An and see yourself if it will not hurt or maybe the worst kill you.

That's a sort of test, a challenge by an infidel of the local religion.

I would not do that as a visitor because it would be disrespectful of the local people, their customs and traditions.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 10:59:20 PM

I think Islam is big in South Africa, but I never saw much anyone care about or show any interest in religion down there.  I am certain the churches were all packed on Sundays, of course.  Maybe that's a social thing.

So you are correct.  It's not the PRESENCE of religion/religions, but the degree of SERIOUSNESS that they are taken.  One of the more glaring examples of this is when the Muslim objects to being told he's in a violent belief set, he says "But your old Testament says kill, kill, kill" and we answer "Yeah, but we don't pay any attention to that, dude."

Some things like that are hard to comprehend.  Why and how can something be believed, but not that seriously.

Yeah, that's a more comprehensive way to state it, and looking at my own life, I would have to agree. I was raised very Christian, and even though the religion overtly speaks of tolerance, they simultaneously taught us to be aloof, superior, distrustful of all people (especially successful people and other sects of christianity), and generally rotten 'values'. Yet the culture in the US is rather secular. There are no serious penalties, in the sense that there are in places ruled by religious law, to questioning the unquestionable answers presented by religion. Personal, yes. It's not easy to wake up from a dream that was forced upon you since birth. It's not easy to deal with the fallout when you do, up to and including family members who will no longer speak to you.

But the culture allows it to happen, and in places that are increasingly irreligious, the quality of life seems to be improving across the board. Sweden comes to mind. I can't speak to that one directly, having never been there, but I have lived in more secular AND more religious areas of the United States, and the places with a heavy religious influence, the quality of life is very good for the well connected, and not so great for anyone else. But again, the consequences are more personal than not, and can be overcome. When a religion actually rules a culture, all the bad parts of their scripture come quickly to the fore.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 11:30:36 PM

i don't hate it. i hate what people do in its name and i'm sure the truly religious feel the same way. for some people it's a shield for their own depravity. and as i'm sure has been stated elsewhere on here muslims suffer the most violence from other muslim sects.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 01:43:27 AM

i don't hate it. i hate what people do in its name and i'm sure the truly religious feel the same way. for some people it's a shield for their own depravity. and as i'm sure has been stated elsewhere on here muslims suffer the most violence from other muslim sects.

For some reason I'm reminded of the adage, "He who lives by the sword dies by the sword."

Is that just coincidence, or is it a flaw in the philosophical underpinnings of the Muslim faith?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 01:51:54 AM

Yeah, that's a more comprehensive way to state it, and looking at my own life, I would have to agree. I was raised very Christian, and even though the religion overtly speaks of tolerance, they simultaneously taught us to be aloof, superior, distrustful of all people (especially successful people and other sects of christianity), and generally rotten 'values'. Yet the culture in the US is rather secular. There are no serious penalties, in the sense that there are in places ruled by religious law, to questioning the unquestionable answers presented by religion. Personal, yes. It's not easy to wake up from a dream that was forced upon you since birth. It's not easy to deal with the fallout when you do, up to and including family members who will no longer speak to you.

But the culture allows it to happen, and in places that are increasingly irreligious, the quality of life seems to be improving across the board. Sweden comes to mind. I can't speak to that one directly, having never been there, but I have lived in more secular AND more religious areas of the United States, and the places with a heavy religious influence, the quality of life is very good for the well connected, and not so great for anyone else. But again, the consequences are more personal than not, and can be overcome. When a religion actually rules a culture, all the bad parts of their scripture come quickly to the fore.

This seems to be a serious argument for never allowing religion to rule over culture, for more or less letting it be whatever it wants.  But never allowing The Guys With The Guns (Lol, Law Enforcement) to be enforcers of a set of religious doctrines.   Once you start thinking this way, though, there's no way you can let some bunch of religious zombies get away with killing anyone who makes a cartoon of their prophet.  Neither can you have LEO enforce their little rule.  Therefore, if the Muslim Zombies require these killings, they are incompatible with our Western thinking.  Period.  There is no compromise.

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:14:02 AM

This seems to be a serious argument for never allowing religion to rule over culture, for more or less letting it be whatever it wants.  But never allowing The Guys With The Guns (Lol, Law Enforcement) to be enforcers of a set of religious doctrines.   Once you start thinking this way, though, there's no way you can let some bunch of religious zombies get away with killing anyone who makes a cartoon of their prophet.  Neither can you have LEO enforce their little rule.  Therefore, if the Muslim Zombies require these killings, they are incompatible with our Western thinking.  Period.  There is no compromise.

That does seem to be the case. And yet, I know a number of nominal Muslims who are very peaceful people. But they are NOT middle eastern. In most cases, not even indirectly, they've converted or were from someplace other than that area to begin with. The culture needs serious revision.

I'm an anarchist, so I'm a bit more radical in my thinking than most. I actually think that everyone should be the guys with the guns, and law, to the extent it's tolerated, should only deal with things done to someone. This would put most nations out of the business that they are best at: Powermongering. It also would be anathema to most religions. Maybe all of them. For reasons that even as a formerly religious man I cannot wrap my brain around, there's something in the religious mindset that requires that all must conform to your ideation.

Religious men have accused me of not having strong beliefs in the things I do believe in because I am not willing to kill over it. I find this curious as well as fallacious. It says more about them than me. No, I won't kill because you think something different than I do. I would kill without hesitation or remorse if my life or that of my family were threatened, but not because I disagree with you. And they see that as weak.
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:20:34 AM

all the extremists come from saudi arabia and all the harsh Islamic rules are enforced there, they are the ones training terrorists to go in all over the world and blow themselves up. Now guess who is the ally and sells weapons to them? BOOOM  United States Of America.

Who supported the opposition groups to remove Asad from the power in syria and donated hundreds of millions of dollars also significant
Numbers of advance weapons to those groups? BOOOM USA and her arab allies and Israel, NATO, then after 2 years of fighting and gaining
Power they turned around and attacked their masters which by now we know them as ISIS. those f**kers have more than 2.5 trillion dollars
wealth and so many talk as they are a  big country. this is simply just KARMA don't tell me you don't believe in it.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:04:42 AM

all the extremists come from saudi arabia and all the harsh Islamic rules are enforced there, they are the ones training terrorists to go in all over the world and blow themselves up. Now guess who is the ally and sells weapons to them? BOOOM  United States Of America.

Who supported the opposition groups to remove Asad from the power in syria and donated hundreds of millions of dollars also significant
Numbers of advance weapons to those groups? BOOOM USA and her arab allies and Israel, NATO, then after 2 years of fighting and gaining
Power they turned around and attacked their masters which by now we know them as ISIS. those f**kers have more than 2.5 trillion dollars
wealth and so many talk as they are a  big country. this is simply just KARMA don't tell me you don't believe in it.

I understand where you are coming from with these ideas.  It is true the US and Saudi have a long "friendship."  It's also true that there are many extremist sects in Saudi that want to take over. It's not helpful to distort these realities.

Anyway, NO, the extremists don't come from Saudi Arabia.

Look at where they come from.

www.thereligionofpeace.com

They come from anywhere there are Muslims.  As far as I can tell.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 04:14:00 AM

Sharia Law is oppression
Sharia Law is evil
Those who practice / condone are terrorists and should be treated as such
If you want to come to Western Society you must integrate.
The West was founded on Christianity. Never forget that.
Poke a bee nest and you will get stung.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 12:23:59 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2016, 02:08:44 PM by Spendulus

Sharia Law is oppression
Sharia Law is evil
Those who practice / condone are terrorists and should be treated as such
If you want to come to Western Society you must integrate.
The West was founded on Christianity. Never forget that.
Poke a bee nest and you will get stung.

Sorry if this may sound like a dumb question, but do you know how "sodomy" is defined in these Middle Eastern nations (or in Sharia).  Does it include oral sex, anal sex regardless of same or different sex partner?

My suspicion is that the prohibition would be designed to maximize production of babies, thus maximizing fodder for war.
kaitou.kidd

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 06:50:36 AM

That is so not true, there is a big difference between muslims and islam like christians and christianity because a christian is bad doest mean that the religion is bad the same way with muslims just because all these extremists who call themselves muslims have done horrible things doesnt mean that Islam is full of horrible things.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: