Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:40:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate islam?  (Read 220954 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:31:39 PM

I think some people hate Islam because of what they see and hear in the news, social media, radio and television. The terrorists attack and suicide bombing were claimed by ISIS that's why some people generalized that muslims are bad. But for me, I don't believe that religion is the reason why they do those kinds of thing, because I myself have muslim friends and officemates and they are good people. We can't judge people base on their religion.

www.thereligionofpeace.com

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 10:41:21 PM

I think some people hate Islam because of what they see and hear in the news, social media, radio and television. The terrorists attack and suicide bombing were claimed by ISIS that's why some people generalized that muslims are bad. But for me, I don't believe that religion is the reason why they do those kinds of thing, because I myself have muslim friends and officemates and they are good people. We can't judge people base on their religion.

However, we can judge religions by the acts that they condone, or even encourage. The question is why do people hate Islam (the religion), not muslims. Most people are decent in spite of their religion, or we would never have left the caves.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 11:10:46 PM

However, we can judge religions by the acts that they condone, or even encourage. The question is why do people hate Islam (the religion), not muslims. Most people are decent in spite of their religion, or we would never have left the caves.

One interesting part of this discussion is that various people want to say that people who do Islamic extremist atrocities do not do them because of their religion, when the people committing the atrocities themselves say they are doing them because of Islam extremist beliefs.

In other words, people who leave their suicide-bomber goodbye video and explictly say they want to be judged as Islamic, others are saying "we can't judge people based on their religion."  I don't understand this.

Rather a bit of 1984 style double plus goodthink, isn't it?
Masha Sha

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 11:17:55 PM

One interesting part of this discussion is that various people want to say that people who do Islamic extremist atrocities do not do them because of their religion, when the people committing the atrocities themselves say they are doing them because of Islam extremist beliefs.

In other words, people who leave their suicide-bomber goodbye video and explictly say they want to be judged as Islamic, others are saying "we can't judge people based on their religion."  I don't understand this.

Rather a bit of 1984 style double plus goodthink, isn't it?

What you say seems very logical to me.

/sarc /snowflakeshield /iammorevirtuousthanyou /2692 /pixelsonscreeen /fuckthemusep2p /p2p=love
Maesters1-

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 05:24:40 PM

but if some one hate islam it meant that he hate to muslims. because islam without Muslims is nothing. Mulims are the representative of Islam. however i will like to add that there are different kind of people in this world having differen mentality and thoughts. so you will find some people who hate islam some hate cristiannity other hate budist and so on.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 05:58:52 PM

but if some one hate islam it meant that he hate to muslims. because islam without Muslims is nothing. Mulims are the representative of Islam. however i will like to add that there are different kind of people in this world having differen mentality and thoughts. so you will find some people who hate islam some hate cristiannity other hate budist and so on.
Bull.  You cannot speak for others, only yourself.  If someone says he hates Islalm but not Muslims, why not take him at his word?
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:17:43 PM

You're wrong. I hate Christianity, but I don't hate most Christians. I think they're deluded, and I'm dead certain that their various sectarian institutions are criminals, but they're just people who believe something unbelievable. Much the same with Islam and Muslims.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 10:02:34 PM

You're wrong. I hate Christianity, but I don't hate most Christians. I think they're deluded, and I'm dead certain that their various sectarian institutions are criminals, but they're just people who believe something unbelievable. Much the same with Islam and Muslims.

Some people hate math. 

Many, many "Things" are hateable.  The varmits that get into my garden are hateable.  The squirrels that eat all my peaches.  Stupid, ridiculous theories and cultural things are "hateable."

Smells and colors can be hated.   Certain cities, parts of them, and certain times of day can be hated.  The timeclock that people punched in at the beginning of a day was certainly hated.

Lol...
Frodomaga

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:24:53 AM

People hate Islam because they are shown on TV as evil people killing innocents all over the world in the name of the religion. The media is portraying muslims as evil to keep people away from the truth of Islam. No matter how much they try, still people find the truth about Islam and accept it. After 9/11, many many people accepted Islam because they wanted to know how a religion can preach so evil. In their research, they came to know about the beauty of Islam and accepted it.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:42:17 AM

I personally do not hate the religion Islam.  I have a friend before who were Muslims and they are just like the same with us.  They are friendly, courteous, and disciplined.  They really have time to worship Allah. 

Terrorist happened to be under the religion of Islam and tend to bend their beliefs by committing crimes.  They said that it is the teachings of their religion, to kill who were not one of them.  To kill those who didn't believe on their teachings.  Maybe they took it too literally.  Or maybe they just want to do those evil crime and used their religion to validate their immoralities.
hpunsara

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 01:48:29 PM

I am a buddhist.. I don't hate islam. I hate those who understand islam wrongly. Don't judge people by the religion. In sri lanka , my home country islam , buddhist , hindus and christians lives peacefully. there are many good peoples.. Hate people who kills people in the name of religion they are disgrace to even for their religion Angry Angry Angry
signup01

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 03:08:06 PM

I am a buddhist.. I don't hate islam. I hate those who understand islam wrongly. Don't judge people by the religion. In sri lanka , my home country islam , buddhist , hindus and christians lives peacefully. there are many good peoples.. Hate people who kills people in the name of religion they are disgrace to even for their religion Angry Angry Angry

yeah, so do I. I think many people has wrong understanding about Islam or Muslim. As I know, Islam is nice religion like others religion. I think just because terrorist are dominant by Muslim, people just take short cut to understand it. Like this logic scheme: Terrorist members are dominant by Muslim, and terrorists are bad people, people hate bad people. So the conclusion is people hate Muslim. It is absolutely wrong logical thinking.
Can I say that the true or nice Muslim are the victim from terror tragedy?

Actually if we see again, there are many isms in some religions. Like in Christian, there are Bethelism (Church), Pentecostalism, and so on. So do Islam, in my country such as Muhammadyah ism, Naydathul Ulama ism, and others (I don't have many knowledge about it, maybe there are many local ism more). So, the terrorism has it own ism which based on Islam religion. Although, (I think) its not the pure or the true Islam anymore.

So, maybe that's why people see Islam as religion of terrorists and they hate terrorist.
I don't have Muslim or Islam, but I hate terrorist.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:44:09 PM

Islam is nice religion like others religion. ....

So, maybe that's why people see Islam as religion of terrorists and they hate terrorist.

Is it okay to stone women to death?

Is it okay to kill homosexuals?

Is it okay to kill those who attempt to leave Islam?

Please answer simply yes or no.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 09:09:18 PM

You just described almost every religion out there, not specifically Islam. The Christian bible has several instances of women being stoned to death as well as people being burned alive with fire for partaking in homosexual acts.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 10:14:30 PM

You just described almost every religion out there, not specifically Islam. The Christian bible has several instances of women being stoned to death as well as people being burned alive with fire for partaking in homosexual acts.

No, I have not described almost every religion out there.  I have specifically described Islam today.

You are attempting to equate Christianity of way in the past as comparable.

People see through that pretty darn fast.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 10:24:18 PM

No, I have not described almost every religion out there.  I have specifically described Islam today.

You have described almost every religion out there. If you do not want to take the time to research stuff for yourself I will be happy to list out the similarities between all of the major religions for you.  It only requires a search.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 12:14:06 AM

You have described almost every religion out there. If you do not want to take the time to research stuff for yourself I will be happy to list out the similarities between all of the major religions for you.  It only requires a search.

Well..
no. But the major ones for sure. However, Christianity (which I view as a horrible religion), has mellowed out. Islam has not. If Christians followed their religion, they would be as or more violent than the Muslims. Thankfully, Christianity grew up. They've realized (for the most part) that not everyone is going to convert, even with the sword. Islam has not reached this point. Given the seven hundred year disparity, not all that surprising, but with modern weapons, it becomes a MUCH more serious problem. 700 years ago, ONE fanatic couldn't waste very many innocents before being killed or negated himself. This is no longer true.

The questions stand. Your red herring has been addressed.
Sanekavg13

Activity: 285

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 02:15:55 AM

Well..
no. But the major ones for sure. However, Christianity (which I view as a horrible religion), has mellowed out. Islam has not. If Christians followed their religion, they would be as or more violent than the Muslims. Thankfully, Christianity grew up. They've realized (for the most part) that not everyone is going to convert, even with the sword. Islam has not reached this point. Given the seven hundred year disparity, not all that surprising, but with modern weapons, it becomes a MUCH more serious problem. 700 years ago, ONE fanatic couldn't waste very many innocents before being killed or negated himself. This is no longer true.

The questions stand. Your red herring has been addressed.
Give examples of where you can see that Christianity is a violent religion. Yes, Christians, strict rules. But it is not cruel. Christianity encourages strictly refers to itself. But Christianity, or when they did not call for violence against other religions. When you see examples of Christian violence. Do not confuse the Orthodox and Catholics. Orthodox, or when not to attack other religions. Orthodox, defended himself.
tonythat

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 03:43:28 AM

Terrorism has changed the thinking of the people of the Muslim community that promotes
nor9850

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 05:02:59 AM

People hate Islam because of the current media view on it scaring the shit out of people. Combined with the fact that due to the mass number of Muslims around the globe, there are a large number of secular and unfortunately fundamentalists alike.

Many people on here will accuse Islam of having barbaric views but religeon is about what you focus on. I assure you Judaism and Christianity have barbaric scripture as well, but we don't focus on them in today's society. its unfair to blame or categorize all of Islam as one group of people because they are actually hundreds of millions of people, with very different beliefs and values depending on where they are from and how religiously they were raised.

Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: