Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:15:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people hate islam?  (Read 220954 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 12:36:56 AM

There is one major religious difference between Christianity and every other religion of the world. God requires perfection, a thing that humankind cannot attain. The perfection was done for us by God coming in the form of the man, Jesus, Who not only remained perfect, but took the punishment of death and Hell for us all. Then He arose from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and will return to judge all people for their faith in Him. Christianity is the ONLY religion that has this.

Islam doesn't have faith in Jesus. Because of this, all Muslims are lost, except a very few that believe both religions. So, the question is. Why let these religiously fanatic Muslims live, even though the vast majority of them are peaceful? After all, they will only have kids doomed to Hell because their kids will be as stubbornly Islamic as they are. Like parents, like children.

Smiley

Muslims have faith in Jesus. He is another prophet in Islam, same as Abraham and all the rest of them. He simply isn't the last prophet. Which also means Islam is an Abrahamic religion. And as RodeoX said, Christianity copied heavily from previous religions and myths. There is hardly a lot that is original to it.

Muslims have faith in Jesus in what way? If it is faith that He existed, okay, great. Saves nobody. If it is faith that Jesus is the Savior of the world, and that all who place their faith in Him will be saved, then they have faith in Christianity, not Islam.

If you or I start a religion today, and our religion says that Abraham was the major prophet of our religion, all of a sudden we have an Abrahamic religion. That's about the way Islam started.

Smiley
Bullshit.  Let's stick to a concern about whether you've got a religion that teaches unscientific nonsense, stuff like splitting the moon or dead people rising. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PirateButtercup

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 08:55:45 AM

People hate Islam because they think all islamists are extreme and violent.
What percentage believe that anyone who converts from Islam to another religion should be killed? It's honestly hard to imagine something more extreme or violent than that.

I just moved back to America after nearly 10 years in Saudi. Even in liberally minded areas like Egypt, up to 70% of the people feel that apostasy should be punishable by death. The Wahabbis...and more specifically the Salafis....of Saudi (where 17 hijackers came from) ... put the 'fun' in 'fundamentalism'....ok, well, maybe just the mental.

There are two groups in the West who don't like islam....red-neck, hill-billy, knuckle-dragging, uneducated morons....and people who know exactly what they're talking about.

In no way should islam be looked at as "just another religion" until it has gone through it's own Reformation.

-Robert Harpool

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 09:47:12 AM

There is one major religious difference between Christianity and every other religion of the world. God requires perfection, a thing that humankind cannot attain. The perfection was done for us by God coming in the form of the man, Jesus, Who not only remained perfect, but took the punishment of death and Hell for us all. Then He arose from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and will return to judge all people for their faith in Him. Christianity is the ONLY religion that has this.

Islam doesn't have faith in Jesus. Because of this, all Muslims are lost, except a very few that believe both religions. So, the question is. Why let these religiously fanatic Muslims live, even though the vast majority of them are peaceful? After all, they will only have kids doomed to Hell because their kids will be as stubbornly Islamic as they are. Like parents, like children.

Smiley

Muslims have faith in Jesus. He is another prophet in Islam, same as Abraham and all the rest of them. He simply isn't the last prophet. Which also means Islam is an Abrahamic religion. And as RodeoX said, Christianity copied heavily from previous religions and myths. There is hardly a lot that is original to it.

Muslims have faith in Jesus in what way? If it is faith that He existed, okay, great. Saves nobody. If it is faith that Jesus is the Savior of the world, and that all who place their faith in Him will be saved, then they have faith in Christianity, not Islam.

If you or I start a religion today, and our religion says that Abraham was the major prophet of our religion, all of a sudden we have an Abrahamic religion. That's about the way Islam started.

Smiley
Bullshit.  Let's stick to a concern about whether you've got a religion that teaches unscientific nonsense, stuff like splitting the moon or dead people rising.  

What do you mean? Many folks think that the asteroid belt was a planet once - perhaps a good size moon of Jupiter. Nobody knows for sure, scientifically. Why do you want to stick to fiction about religion? Religion is real. so, the ideals behind it must have some basis in reality, even though many of them can't be proven scientifically.

Smiley

EDIT: The miracles about how a person is conceived, is born, grows into an adult, and withers away to die are finally being understood a little bit, scientifically. Yet, we really don't have a clue how this whole thing started, or what could have started it. Actually, it is scientifically impossible according to the limited science that we have. So, why would things like splitting the moon or the resurrection be considered nonsense, when the whole of life is something that is extremely impossible, except for one point? It exists.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:53:51 PM

Smiley

Smiley
Bullshit.  Let's stick to a concern about whether you've got a religion that teaches unscientific nonsense, stuff like splitting the moon or dead people rising.  

What do you mean? Many folks think that the asteroid belt was a planet once - perhaps a good size moon of Jupiter. Nobody knows for sure, scientifically. Why do you want to stick to fiction about religion? Religion is real. so, the ideals behind it must have some basis in reality, even though many of them can't be proven scientifically.

Smiley

EDIT: The miracles about how a person is conceived, is born, grows into an adult, and withers away to die are finally being understood a little bit, scientifically. Yet, we really don't have a clue how this whole thing started, or what could have started it. Actually, it is scientifically impossible according to the limited science that we have. So, why would things like splitting the moon or the resurrection be considered nonsense, when the whole of life is something that is extremely impossible, except for one point? It exists.
What I mean is exactly what I said.

You've attempted to argue that life is a miracle, and therefore other miracles cannot be disproved. 

Yes, they can be disproved.  Each one can be considered individually, and either disproved, or left as "neither proved nor disproved".

That is why I picked the two I picked. 
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:55:04 PM

What percentage believe that anyone who converts from Islam to another religion should be killed? It's honestly hard to imagine something more extreme or violent than that.

I just moved back to America after nearly 10 years in Saudi. Even in liberally minded areas like Egypt, up to 70% of the people feel that apostasy should be punishable by death. The Wahabbis...and more specifically the Salafis....of Saudi (where 17 hijackers came from) ... put the 'fun' in 'fundamentalism'....ok, well, maybe just the mental.

There are two groups in the West who don't like islam....red-neck, hill-billy, knuckle-dragging, uneducated morons....and people who know exactly what they're talking about.

In no way should islam be looked at as "just another religion" until it has gone through it's own Reformation.

-Robert Harpool
So if I was in Saudi, and I went around claiming that Mohammed didn't split the moon in half, what would they do?
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 07:58:48 PM

Miracle = anything you are incapable of understanding.   Roll Eyes

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2014, 08:22:53 PM

-Robert Harpool
So if I was in Saudi, and I went around claiming that Mohammed didn't split the moon in half, what would they do?
This State Department report is sobering:
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/208622.pdf

Two things to keep in mind. First, Saudi Arabia is a US ally and the State Department would like to retain the ability to persuade, so this probably understates the problem. Second, Saudi Arabia is concerned about their public relations, so they tend to be better about cases that get publicity. So you'll hear about people eventually being released or having their sentences commuted after International outcry, but the cases that didn't get attention are almost certainly much worse.

There have been no reports of executions for blasphemy or apostasy in Saudi Arabia for about 20 years. Yet they still teach their children than death is the appropriate punishment for sorcery or apostasy.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 10:42:14 PM

There have been no reports of executions for blasphemy or apostasy in Saudi Arabia for about 20 years. Yet they still teach their children than death is the appropriate punishment for sorcery or apostasy.

Hmm...

Well, that's a problem.

youngmike

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 11:30:11 PM

usa should stop bombing Smiley
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 02:43:44 AM

Hmmm.....

Well, that's a problem.
C10H15N

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 04:05:23 PM

Why?  Death from the sky should be a religious experience.  Don't you want to go and meet your god?   Roll Eyes

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:49:36 PM

Why?  Death from the sky should be a religious experience.  Don't you want to go and meet your god?   Roll Eyes

I invoke the high priest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 08:59:01 PM

Only God can tell if I am a Kooffeer or not, not a single human being does have this right. anyone telling the contrary is a kooffeer. kooffeer 101. justification: who is the greatest? In Whom We Trust? ahahaha. olo.

money is faster...
bytezero

Activity: 414

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 12:13:50 AM

Islam means surrender. They profess, tolerance, and yet have no tolerance
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 03:14:35 AM

All f this would be much easier if there were a God. Then she could tell us who is right. But since these are actually ideas of men, it always comes down to my invisible sky man is better than your invisible sky man. No one has more blood on his hands than God.

Evidence for God includes:
1. The complexity of the universe combined with the entropy that exists therein;
2. The fact that there isn't any pure random, rather everything exists through cause and effect;
3. And the fact that many millions have experienced the Spirit of God in their hearts.
Put these together. Investigate and think about them deeply. You will see that God is not simply a man in the sky.

The blood God has on His hands is the blood of His Son, Jesus, Who shed His blood on the cross, willingly, so that mankind has the opportunity to be saved from eternal entropy. God is as He is called, God. Because of what He made people to be, this was the only way to save any of them when they condemned themselves. He can do it because He is God. Even the blood on His hands is righteous.

When are you going to look at these things in detail so that you stop condemning yourself?

Smiley

I have. I was once a Christian minister. The deeper I looked the deeper down the rabbit hole the questions went.

As Spendulus noted, this is way off topic so I'm not going to pursue it in depth here. But Christianity's mythology is MUCH older than Christianity, and the language of the first book of the Christian bible is openly polytheistic. It's origins are Sumerian, and more specifically, Babylonian. The Jewish culture was an offshoot of Babylon. Much of their mythology is disproven, even historically.

Further, though, let's look at the Jesus myth. The idea that Neil and Bob did a crime, but it's ok now, because we took Jesus and crucified him. If that's "divine justice", then the very idea of divine justice is without merit. And that's just how ridiculous it is on it's surface. Go deeper, it gets more ridiculous.

That the Universe operates according to internally consistent "laws" is not in itself evidence for, or against, a god or grand creator. Even the proven FACT of evolution does not negate or prove the God concept, though Christians seem to think it does.

What I can state with as close to absolute certainty as you can get in a philosophical discussion is that if there is a god, or even many gods, then they do not want the worship and adoration of the insignificant humans on a third rate planet orbiting a minor star in the eastern fringe of a minor galaxy. I state this because if there are such, and they did so desire, it would not be up for debate. It would be made plain and obvious.

Given the above, which I hold to be axiomatic, there are really only a few conclusions. Three that I can see.

One: There are gods, but they don't care beyond the act of creation. This is consistent with your points.

Two: There are gods, but they are not as powerful as religious people claim, and thus they cannot prove their existence to us. This negates all religions that posit a god.

Three: There are no gods.

Given that I see all three possibilities as equally valid, I follow no religion. I do not believe there are gods, thus I am an atheist. I cannot prove there are no gods, thus I am an agnostic. This is also an answer to Ume, as he made some claims about atheism that are patently false. Atheism is a term largely coined by the religious. While there is a small subset of those who do not believe in gods who do indeed make the positive claim that there are no gods, they are a minority. Most atheists are like me. We simply do not believe in gods. We do not take a stand of faith that there certainly are no gods, but we demand extraordinary proof before we will entertain the idea as anything more than outdated explanations posited by primitive men prior to having better tools.

The burden of proof is on the persons making a claim, and extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:26:24 AM

Monday: Sydney Australia
Tuesday: Peshawa Pakistan.
Wedensday: Suicide attack in Helman province.. A bank was hit.

And dont come say "They arent muslims"..

They shout "Allah u akbar".
They condem woman who teach and kill girl students or torture them for learning.

Ofc this is not all.. But the amount of them is larger than you want to admit.

Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:47:38 AM

i don't thinke people hare islam.
I believe most of islam people are Kindness.
But little part of them are extremely, which make people fear.
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:49:05 AM

i don't thinke people hare islam.
I believe most of islam people are Kindness.
But little part of them are extremely, which make people fear.

Its around 10%+ that is "extremists"..

But if you think about there is more than 1 billion muslims.. THAT IS A LOT OF EXTREMISTS.

Xumpy

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 02:55:28 PM

Reading people's thoughts about religion always amuses me. Especially if you read our "near humans" interpretations.
And with our "near humans" I don't mean to compare us with a God. Humans evolve and so do stories.
Anyone trying to explain something that isn't static trough time is in my humble opinion nothing more than a fool...
The funny thing is that all major religions started with the same story.
After a while it where, so called, prophets who split that main religion into various sub religions...

Both Islam and Christianity have written in their 'holy bible' that they must take over the world.
So in the past various crusades where organized. That is the first problem I have with those religions.
Like you explained in your first post: "it suggests to 'invite' them to Islam"

That's a dangerous quote. You don't invite anyone to your believes! Your believe is for you and for you alone, not for anyone else.
Refusing invitations can become frustrating for some people and maybe cause fear that their religion might be offended.
That fear will become hate and the rest is history!

The second problem I have is the suppressing of woman. In Islam it's clear that us men are superior to woman.
You don't even let a woman show her face in public. Why is this?
That is something I just find a ridiculous rule, probably created by a very frustrating men Cheesy

I like the vikings religion way more then normal religions.
Here at least anyone (men or woman) can become a warrior or a farmer as long as you impress the Gods with your live.
Although I don't like the fact that lives are not considered holy. Death is way to common in that religion Wink

I'm not a believer myself but I do believe that religion brings strength. It's not wrong to have strength in live.
And even I dear to dream. Although I find it sometimes comforting just to believe someone is watching over me I always remember
that I have only 1 live! Live it now, not when you are death!

Hope this explanation helped. We don't hate (fear) Islam. It's part of our world. We hate (fear) people who can't keep a believe to himself. (At least I do)

Regards

Xump
C10H15N

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:53:11 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 08:12:01 PM by C10H15N

I like the vikings religion way more...

Yep!  Odin, Thor and Loki were way cooler that the stuffy old mean bastard the jews, muslims, and christians worship.   Grin

Screw the Romans for forcing their shitty religion on my northern european ancestors.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: