Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:40:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2435 blocks  (Read 5350139 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:50:32 PM

IMO, even with free power a new S7 is pushing the possibility of ROi... Unless you run it for like 10-12months and price does not crash.

What's funny is that the S7, being fairly new tech, about the same if not less of a chance at ROI than an S3 . Cheesy

Yeah...but mine run 24/7 and with the diff headed up, my S3+s are just not staying up. Not that I run in the top crowd, but damn...gotta do something. Shame is, I have an S4 I bought a while back (used) but found out what my electric bill would be and that I need more amps that I can push, so I never brought it on-line. I need to sell that off, then MAYBE, I could afford to upgrade.

These S3s are really work horses tho. I love 'em. AND...they have paid for themselves, so I am ROI on these. Simply unable to afford the new stuff at those prices. Not sure I would ROI on the new stuff, altho, I don't see the price of BTCs going down much. (fingers crossed) Damn...what to do?

CapnBDL
     Cool

Not sure in what part of the world you are but you can heat a part of your home. It's pretty much free electricity since you'll be heating up the house with it anyway.

You can also try to host your S4, if you can find a cheap place. They are quite noisy too for home mining.

S4 are not cheap to ship tho ... they are heavy. Try to sale it locally. (Kijiji price are always high as hell here in Canada, might be a good way to put it for a low price ... it should sell fast)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legacy2005

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:59:12 PM

i think between the halving and the diff jumps it will really kill the smaller home miners. Right now im running the machines i have flat out 24/7 to make as much btc as i can now before they start operating at a loss and i cant justify the expense anymore. hopefully a newer/faster miner will come out.
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 06:00:30 PM

IMO, even with free power a new S7 is pushing the possibility of ROi... Unless you run it for like 10-12months and price does not crash.

What's funny is that the S7, being fairly new tech, about the same if not less of a chance at ROI than an S3 . Cheesy

Yeah...but mine run 24/7 and with the diff headed up, my S3+s are just not staying up. Not that I run in the top crowd, but damn...gotta do something. Shame is, I have an S4 I bought a while back (used) but found out what my electric bill would be and that I need more amps that I can push, so I never brought it on-line. I need to sell that off, then MAYBE, I could afford to upgrade.

These S3s are really work horses tho. I love 'em. AND...they have paid for themselves, so I am ROI on these. Simply unable to afford the new stuff at those prices. Not sure I would ROI on the new stuff, altho, I don't see the price of BTCs going down much. (fingers crossed) Damn...what to do?

CapnBDL
     Cool

Not sure in what part of the world you are but you can heat a part of your home. It's pretty much free electricity since you'll be heating up the house with it anyway.

You can also try to host your S4, if you can find a cheap place. They are quite noisy too for home mining.

S4 are not cheap to ship tho ... they are heavy. Try to sale it locally. (Kijiji price are always high as hell here in Canada, might be a good way to put it for a low price ... it should sell fast)

Heating my home is the last problem I have. I live in FL.  Cool  If I knew someone local to sell to or a cheap host.... However, I am home-bound so I don't know of anyone else that does this in my area. I'm sure somebody does tho. Not sure where I could host it at either. I saw the post about the $300/mo, but that is waaaay too high. I'll 'Flea-bay' it before I pay that much.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:04:31 PM

is there anyone running S5+s just curious

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
cavaliersrus

Activity: 735

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:15:41 PM

common kano work your magic were at 21 hours and no blocks found

sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:22:54 PM

Its 5:23 am tomorrow where he is at Smiley

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:27:32 PM

CapnBDL
     Cool

Heating my home is the last problem I have. I live in FL.  Cool  If I knew someone local to sell to or a cheap host.... However, I am home-bound so I don't know of anyone else that does this in my area. I'm sure somebody does tho. Not sure where I could host it at either. I saw the post about the $300/mo, but that is waaaay too high. I'll 'Flea-bay' it before I pay that much.

Yeah FL !  Grin Not sure anyway it does make sense to host your S4 anyway... I'm sure they are a few persons around you. You can try the Computer Hardware section => https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0
blockchainmines

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:02:38 PM

I finally decided to move my farm over from antpool to kano and apparently I stepped into a 23 hour test of patience.   Shocked

Ok so seriously I have pushed antpool on my youtube channel but as antpool keeps growing the logic to support the smaller pools makes more sense.  That being said we all still need to make money so if I am in, I would like to share this with my subscribers.  However, for me to use what little influence I have right now can someone maybe give me an higher level overview of how a ckpool works vs say a larger pool like antpool.  I read the thread on ckpool last night and it was a bit over my head.  I am trying to learn more of the of the inter workings. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwoLtAoTpf1e6pRqpwNI54A?view_as=public
cavaliersrus

Activity: 735

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:11:24 PM

I finally decided to move my farm over from antpool to kano and apparently I stepped into a 23 hour test of patience.   Shocked

Ok so seriously I have pushed antpool on my youtube channel but as antpool keeps growing the logic to support the smaller pools makes more sense.  That being said we all still need to make money so if I am in, I would like to share this with my subscribers.  However, for me to use what little influence I have right now can someone maybe give me an higher level overview of how a ckpool works vs say a larger pool like antpool.  I read the thread on ckpool last night and it was a bit over my head.  I am trying to learn more of the of the inter workings. 

very cool man welcome to the pool i am a sub of yours and enjoyed the videos sofar keep the work up man

CapnBDL

Activity: 1064

MOBU

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 08:14:14 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2016, 08:28:19 PM by CapnBDL

This block is nothing to worry over. We will solve it soon, I am sure. For the new people here....ya should have been around for the infamous 'DEMON' block.

LOL

CapnBDL
     Cool

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
jeremyf327

Activity: 79

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:15:40 PM

Welcome BlockChainMines! I am a subscriber of yours. The videos really helped me out setting up my first miner. Thanks! Anyway, this pool has been profitable so far for me although I've only been in a short time. I like this thread and the people involved. Kano answers questions quickly and so many are here to help. Everything is transparent.
baazju

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:18:04 PM

Welcome to the party, personally I like the hard blocks because (and yes I know every block has the same chance) typically we get a good luck streak after a hard one.

Beware of scammers.
nhando

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:23:31 PM

You came at a perfect time as u want it to be slow while you are getting ramp up and then follow by tons of block once you are fully ramped up, not the other way around.  We will find a block soon as we are still continuin to add more fire power. PEW PEW PEW!!!!

Just "Mining" my own business.
PPOC

Activity: 575

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:27:16 PM

Hello 300%, have not seen you for a while......... Hope we don't meet again anytime soon.

BTC: 1Bo6YsPeHCrVRygHLJg9BwHeaLSQpppcJi
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."
Legacy2005

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:32:30 PM

welcome blockchainmines. I follow you on utube as well. i love the setup you have wish i was able to set up something similar. currently stuck in my basement on a home depot metal rack.

any questions im sure kano/ck will step up and answer or one of the more senior guys that have been around for awhile any info you share on the utube will help drive people here.

hope we crack this block soon.
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:35:38 PM

WE SET A NEW RECORD FOR kano.is

The most shares in the history of the pool, 437.8 billion

Not a record I care to break frequently  Undecided

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:42:31 PM

WE SET A NEW RECORD FOR kano.is

The most shares in the history of the pool, 437.8 billion

Not a record I care to break frequently  Undecided
Antminer U3 getting a little annoyed after hashing 24 hours without a block... it says itll come in 6 hours from now though. I can communicate to my miners Smiley
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 08:43:41 PM

You came at a perfect time as u want it to be slow while you are getting ramp up and then follow by tons of block once you are fully ramped up, not the other way around.  We will find a block soon as we are still continuin to add more fire power. PEW PEW PEW!!!!

Perfectly put, ramping up before the hail storm of blocks that will come out of this!

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
underachieved

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 08:44:54 PM

I am just keeping my miners from the block. Waiting until next month. Smiley
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 08:50:42 PM

However, for me to use what little influence I have right now can someone maybe give me an higher level overview of how a ckpool works vs say a larger pool like antpool.  I read the thread on ckpool last night and it was a bit over my head.  I am trying to learn more of the of the inter workings.  
Welcome.

The ckpool thread itself is about the software behind how kano.is and solo.ckpool.org work and not something regular miners are expected to understand.

There really is nothing different fundamentally about how antpool and kano.is work, as ultimately they're both PPLNS stratum mining pools for bitcoin.

The main difference is that we wrote the software we use ourselves from the ground up to be ultra-scalable and efficient to minimise any chance of lost work and orphan blocks. Because of the design of the software, we're also able to include more transactions than any other pool without it affecting our performance - and that means more transaction fees on average for every block solved, and transaction fees are included in miner's rewards. Additionally, unlike every one of the larger 3 pools, we do not do SPV mining meaning we always validate all blocks before working on new blocks - which mean there is zero chance of us working on a broken fork of the blockchain (which the larger pools were guilty of doing last year). Whatever fees that may seem to be lesser on other pools, and whatever alleged extra rewards they get from merged mining shitcoins are greatly offset by the losses incurred by the software design/set up/policy/maintenance of the rest of the pool design.

Payouts here come when blocks mature (101 confirmations) and the entire block reward is completely distributed on each block solve meaning the pool never behaves like a "bank", storing miners' bitcoins - and the associated risk that come with behaving like a bank are abolished. In the future we may be doing payouts once a day to consolidate payouts but that will only happen if we become large enough that blocks are more frequent than they currently are. We also guarantee that should we ever get very large, we will create disincentives to take more miners to prevent our size from ever being a risk to bitcoin's decentralisation - 10% is our cut off. Kano also provides personalised support on this forum instead of no support or facebook messages. Kano being the main pool admin means you have someone who sets alarms to literally wake him up 24/7 should there be any issues to work on them as soon as possible. Finally, Kano and I are the software developers responsible for cgminer which in some form or other powers more than 90% of the network, and we continue to develop mining and pool software and contribute it all back to the community.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 [512] 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: