Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:57:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 2248 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KanoPool since 2014 🐈 - PPLNS and Solo 0.5% fee - Worldwide - 2436 blocks  (Read 5350588 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (50 posts by 3+ users deleted.)
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 08:09:22 PM

well if you  haven't welcomed to Florida let me be the first one to do so Wink

Not really 'new' here....been here since '99,   Cool  but....it's messin' with my little farm!!   Shocked   It's bad enough when ya have to do a restart for MS updates, then ya get knocked out by lightning.  WTW...lol...nutin' I can do about it. I have batt backup, but it only lasts so long.  Sheesh. I do love the sunshine tho.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:27:34 AM

ms updates should not affect  the stand alone miners they will reconnect as soon as power and internet return Wink

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 01:45:24 AM

ms updates should not affect  the stand alone miners they will reconnect as soon as power and internet return Wink

Yeah, my S3+ would come back online except when the batt backup is drained, it has to be manually reset. It runs while I do a restart after MS updates, not power loss. I've thought about reconfiguring, but then I lose the surge/spike protection. Sooo.. being a lone, small-time miner, I choose protection. Just dealin' with it & hangin' in there. My other stuff is dependent on the 'puter to run.

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
PPOC

Activity: 575

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:56:21 AM

I just started mining your pool on the 10th, so far I like the way its run and looks like you have a lot of loyal miners. I do hope this pool can get to around 4Ph with BTC closing. I started mining about 3 months ago since I had access to data center space and cheap power, i'm around 38Th and hope to grow to about 50 in the next couple months. Learned a lot along the way and much more to learn, I've tried them all and so far I think Slush and westhash have provided the best return. I must say slush has the best GUI, monitoring tools and analytics available to miners. But I can see you put in a lot in to the backend, reliability and mining functionality which is what matters in the end. Since the 500% payout is about 12-13 days, I've yet to see a payout at my full hash and want to see what a full month or 2 look like in return. So generally just saying Hi to all the loyal miners that have been here from the start and hope to stay a long time myself. Today I rented 2Ph for about 30 min to see if we can break this block and move on, no dice. Maybe I'll put another 2Ph in for an hour later and see if that helps.

If you have time, maybe you can comment on the below questions, just want to get your thoughts.

1. network almost 400Ph, looks like another 4-5% increase coming, you think the growth is all china farms or new tech in chips and appliances coming online that smoke existing hardware? I'm running mostly S4, S5 and 2 SP31's.
2.  do you think transaction fees will make up the 12.5 BTC loss in reward next summer? Again assuming diff keeps at current pace, cost of power stay constant then I think many small miners will be out due to costs and rewards only 12.5
3. What do you think of Trezor? I can't really find anything more secure or hack proof for storing keys, any thoughts?

Finally, just wanted to share an email I got form Marek "slush" Palatinus a few days ago, anyone else get one? Slush lost half the hash in the last few weeks and can't find anyone to explain this, I guess he's trying to find out also.

Hello,

I've found that you've been mining on my pool, but you disconnected
miners from the pool recently. Can I kindly ask you for any details
about your decision? As far as I know there were not any technical or
connection issues and everything is working smoothly, so any feedback
will be highly appreciated. Also please let me know if you're missing
any important feature on the service. I highly appreciate any feedback
from such experienced and well established client like you.

Best regards,
Marek "slush" Palatinus
Owner of Slush Pool

BTC: 1Bo6YsPeHCrVRygHLJg9BwHeaLSQpppcJi
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:56:38 AM

"If it ain't broke...don't fix it" is what my Daddy always told me.    Grin

George Carlin told me "If it ain't broke, break it!"
sorry2xs
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 02:11:59 AM

Geoge Carlin told me he believes in Joe Pecci and the Sun Wink

Please tip the Node 1MPWKB23NsZsXHANnFwVAWT86mL24fqAjF; KO4UX
THAT NO GOOD DO GOODER BAT!!!
innerchaos

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:01:20 AM

I just started mining your pool on the 10th, so far I like the way its run and looks like you have a lot of loyal miners. I do hope this pool can get to around 4Ph with BTC closing. I started mining about 3 months ago since I had access to data center space and cheap power, i'm around 38Th and hope to grow to about 50 in the next couple months. Learned a lot along the way and much more to learn, I've tried them all and so far I think Slush and westhash have provided the best return. I must say slush has the best GUI, monitoring tools and analytics available to miners. But I can see you put in a lot in to the backend, reliability and mining functionality which is what matters in the end. Since the 500% payout is about 12-13 days, I've yet to see a payout at my full hash and want to see what a full month or 2 look like in return. So generally just saying Hi to all the loyal miners that have been here from the start and hope to stay a long time myself. Today I rented 2Ph for about 30 min to see if we can break this block and move on, no dice. Maybe I'll put another 2Ph in for an hour later and see if that helps.

If you have time, maybe you can comment on the below questions, just want to get your thoughts.

1. network almost 400Ph, looks like another 4-5% increase coming, you think the growth is all china farms or new tech in chips and appliances coming online that smoke existing hardware? I'm running mostly S4, S5 and 2 SP31's.
2.  do you think transaction fees will make up the 12.5 BTC loss in reward next summer? Again assuming diff keeps at current pace, cost of power stay constant then I think many small miners will be out due to costs and rewards only 12.5
3. What do you think of Trezor? I can't really find anything more secure or hack proof for storing keys, any thoughts?

Finally, just wanted to share an email I got form Marek "slush" Palatinus a few days ago, anyone else get one? Slush lost half the hash in the last few weeks and can't find anyone to explain this, I guess he's trying to find out also.

Hello,

I've found that you've been mining on my pool, but you disconnected
miners from the pool recently. Can I kindly ask you for any details
about your decision? As far as I know there were not any technical or
connection issues and everything is working smoothly, so any feedback
will be highly appreciated. Also please let me know if you're missing
any important feature on the service. I highly appreciate any feedback
from such experienced and well established client like you.

Best regards,
Marek "slush" Palatinus
Owner of Slush Pool

I saw it go up to 2ph and I was hoping it would solve a block but alas it didn't there is always next time.. thanks for trying Smiley
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:46:28 AM

Welcome!

I use a HW-1 / Ledger and like it so far. Cheaper than trezor, but has maybe less/different features (most notably, no screen).
kano (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:16:42 AM

We were at 5PH back in January, but alas the big hashers that made up the majority left and most probably went to Antpool ...

Nice pushing up the rate for a short run!
It doesn't matter if it doesn't "break the block", all the shares will still be paid the same way as any others.
You don't lose anything (it's luck based over the short term) so the mining wasn't wasted.
Of course from a luck perspective, finding a block would be the best thing, since PPLNS is all about luck, in the short term Smiley

From a financial point of view, any company that can buy a lot of hardware (and thus get discounts on buying) and cheap electricity is going to keep pushing up the hash rate until they stop making a profit (and probably some time after that)

Average block Tx fees wont suddenly jump and BTC price wont suddenly jump up, due to the block halving at block 420,000
Will indeed be interesting to see what happens then.
Going from 50BTC to 25BTC wasn't much of an issue.
But 25BTC to 12.5BTC in a market, where most miners are borderline on losing money, may have a big effect if the BTC price doesn't go up before that.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 10:10:33 PM

For anyone new who has switched over to here recently Smiley
I did a ckdb restart about 20 minutes ago (and completed about 10 minutes ago)
That shows up as the web site not showing miner stats for about 10 minutes but has no effect on the miners at all.
(and no affect on the stats either, once it completes the stats values are what they would have been without a restart)

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
innerchaos

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 10:51:35 PM

I have been only using PPS pools or nicehash for instant gratification.. I got tired of hopping around looking for the best bang... and I was recommended to come here.

I read and mostly understand PPLNS but since I have never participated I have not had that Ahhh moment.. yet

I started with your pool an hour after the last block was found and have stuck with it so far (3d12H33M and counting) and no blocks... so can someone please tell me its worth it.. 
I honestly feel like I am losing coin here... i was able to do quite well hopping around.. averaging about .074 btc per day...
the way it was explained and from what I read.. the PPLNS has larger payouts but less often...as long as I stay on the same pool.
too be honest with you I am kinda freaked out not getting anything is weird since I am used to daily or even every 6 hours payout.

can someone pat me on the back and say.. There, There, its all gonna be ok ? Grin
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 11:36:42 PM

I have been only using PPS pools or nicehash for instant gratification.. I got tired of hopping around looking for the best bang... and I was recommended to come here.

I read and mostly understand PPLNS but since I have never participated I have not had that Ahhh moment.. yet

I started with your pool an hour after the last block was found and have stuck with it so far (3d12H33M and counting) and no blocks... so can someone please tell me its worth it..  
I honestly feel like I am losing coin here... i was able to do quite well hopping around.. averaging about .074 btc per day...
the way it was explained and from what I read.. the PPLNS has larger payouts but less often...as long as I stay on the same pool.
too be honest with you I am kinda freaked out not getting anything is weird since I am used to daily or even every 6 hours payout.

can someone pat me on the back and say.. There, There, its all gonna be ok ? Grin

when the pool finds its next block, or two on the same day like last time, you will see..

kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 11:58:59 PM

PPLNS is (over the short term) purely luck based.
While the expectation of payout on the pools is (long term) 98.7%, short term is really just luck based.

Just in case you wanted to know where the 98.7% comes from Smiley
I pay 99.1% of the (block reward + txns) to the miners so that's ~99.5% PPS (coz I include txns)
So far the pool has had 0.8% orphans - so take off another 0.8% to get 98.7%

Our hash rate being low (currently actually 1.3PHs) means that expected average payouts are almost once every 2 days.
Luck of course means that will be more or less often.
A 200% block will be twice as slow as the expected.
A 50% block will be twice as fast as expected.

CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 04:40:41 AM
Last edit: June 20, 2015, 05:07:49 AM by CapnBDL

@innerchaos

The short of it is....we may go 3 or more days without a payout.....then, .. BANG & bang and BANG. And you've done better than ..ping..ping..ping...ping.

Make sense? Tough to hang when ya feel like you're being hung. lol  Oh...and your first couple of payouts MAY not look the way you think they should...wait for it! It's a cumulative thing + the OPs are 110% here. Just ask.

edit; BTW....YES, we need to bust this block! I hate waiting this long. It can be disheartening, until we hit.

edit 2; and I'm a small miner. (91 freakin' hours...comon, enough already.)

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
innerchaos

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 11:43:13 AM

I am still in it.. now its 4D1H11M but my feeble brain tells me I am upside down..

I know the PPLNS system is not this simple but I am looking at it from a you can only divide a pie so many times perspective.

Block reward is 25 and lets use 1250TH as our pools hashrate for example.. so if you divide the 25 by the 1250 you get .02.
so I see that every TH of hash power is worth .02 btc. 
if you use any mining calculator online it will tell you that for example 5TH of mining will earn you about .05 btc per day.

so after 4 days you are definitely upside down unless you hit for 2 or three blocks soon.

I looked backwards on the shift history I see in the last 20 days there have been 10 blocks found.

so assuming you were on the same pool at the same hash power you would have earned 1 btc after 20 days. if your pools hashrate was exactly 1250TH

and according to most mining calculators online you would have earned 1 btc in those same 20 days if you hashed at 5TH.

My example is overly simplifying the calculation reward but according to the numbers we are in a very bad luck scenario.

because I am guessing our average hash-rate is more than 1250 and if a block was found today it would not be worth .02btc per TH because the pie had to be sliced into more and more pieces.

in my ramblings I realize that we need to collectively do a rain-dance to the mining gods and maybe even offer up a new member as sacrifice to appease the gods and show us favor.  and then I think fuck that I am the new member.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:08:28 PM

in my ramblings I realize that we need to collectively do a rain-dance to the mining gods and maybe even offer up a new member as sacrifice to appease the gods and show us favor.  and then I think fuck that I am the new member.

It's been suggested that all noobs to the pool should wear RED PANTIES for their first week. A small sacrifice, at this point it may take a truly unique thong or sling. Lets just hope it doesn't degenerate to the point of requiring anybody to parade around the front yard on a Sunday morning till the neighbors see them  Shocked
CapnBDL

MOBU

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 12:11:59 PM

in my ramblings I realize that we need to collectively do a rain-dance to the mining gods and maybe even offer up a new member as sacrifice to appease the gods and show us favor.  and then I think fuck that I am the new member.

It's been suggested that all noobs to the pool should wear RED PANTIES for their first week. A small sacrifice, at this point it may take a truly unique thong or sling. Lets just hope it doesn't degenerate to the point of requiring anybody to parade around the front yard on a Sunday morning till the neighbors see them  Shocked

I see why his screen name is 'innerchaos'. lol  Not to bum him out tooo badly, but, I hope this isn't another two hundred and somethin' block. NOT lol.

▄██▄
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
innerchaos

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:59:07 PM

Parade around in Red Panties.. Shocked . WTH where is your mind..... This makes me wonder, "What kind of (to use your words) degenerate's have I decided to befriend here ?"  Huh

LOL
MrFeiLong

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:20:47 PM

Interesting posts here I see Wink Guys I would like to ask one question because I'm going to rent some hash power for few hours (maybe 500 TH) and connect to Kano pool. I just want to achieve more shares for bigger reward when block will be found. What do You think about that, is it even worth?
kano (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:47:50 PM

Well ... the blocks page does clearly show the pool luck over the last 5, 10, 25, 50 and forever (251) blocks.
So I'm not quite sure how anyone could get that wrong Smiley

The 10 block luck is 173%, so it's gonna take a pretty evil bad luck block to push that down very much.
It would take a 505% block to push the average luck for 10 blocks, down to 100%
But that's not impossible, since it's a 6.7 in 1000 blocks chance of this block being above 500%

Of course if anyone started at the start of this block, they do indeed start off at a bit of a disadvantage.
But of course it's impossible to predict that in advance.
It's (fortunately or unfortunately) just luck when you start mining.

---

Each 1diff share is worth ~1/5 PPS and gets rewarded with an expected average of ~5 times ... to give it the expected average of ~1PPS
(less a bit - 98.7% - as stated on the previous page)
5 times, but sometimes more, and sometimes less.

Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 2248 »
  Print  

Jump to: